HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Czech Republic

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-16-2012, 03:08 PM
  #101
czechcanadian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Yeah can't forget about jaskin. He's more on fire then frk right now. So I'd say either jask or hertl.

czechcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 04:33 PM
  #102
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
Guys, a quick question:

Who do you think will have the better tournament, points wise: Frk, Hertl or Faksa?

Do you expect any of them to get 8-9 points in the tournament?

Thanks.
Frk had 6 last time, and has improved a lot offensively.... He and Jask should put up 10+ imo.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 06:14 AM
  #103
hans26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Frk and his discipline issue is a thing I'm worried even more than our terrible defence.

Btw.: http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/sport/ho...formu-pred-ms/ Faksa's accent

hans26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 02:12 PM
  #104
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,643
vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Frk had 6 last time, and has improved a lot offensively.... He and Jask should put up 10+ imo.
Only 5 players put up 10 points or more last year, so I'd be surprised if two guys on the Czech team did it this year.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 02:35 PM
  #105
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,090
vCash: 500
Who will captain this team? My guess would be:

C- David Musil
A- Tomas Hertl
A- Radek Faksa

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 02:49 PM
  #106
hans26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Who will captain this team? My guess would be:

C- David Musil
A- Tomas Hertl
A- Radek Faksa
Maybe Hrbas. He was the captain of this team in 2011 at World championships U-18.

hans26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 02:54 PM
  #107
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke
 
bluesfan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
Only 5 players put up 10 points or more last year, so I'd be surprised if two guys on the Czech team did it this year.
I think it depends on how many games the Czech team plays. Of the guys who put up 9 points, three of five played only 6 games. And Jurco put up 8 points in 5 games. Not to mention that two of the five last year were on the same team.

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 02:55 PM
  #108
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans26 View Post
Maybe Hrbas. He was the captain of this team in 2011 at World championships U-18.
Maybe as an alternate, but not as captain. Not at this level.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 03:40 PM
  #109
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Who will captain this team? My guess would be:

C- David Musil
A- Tomas Hertl
A- Radek Faksa
This is what I was thinking too.

Sedlak might be captain too, at least he was most of his national team career. Hertl could be captain too, he has the most experience.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 05:17 PM
  #110
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Who will captain this team? My guess would be:

C- David Musil
A- Tomas Hertl
A- Radek Faksa
I definitely agree with this list.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 06:07 PM
  #111
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
This is what I was thinking too.

Sedlak might be captain too, at least he was most of his national team career. Hertl could be captain too, he has the most experience.
I think Musil will be captain based on how much he means to the team.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:37 PM
  #112
rebels4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Red Deer
Country: Canada
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to rebels4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebels4life View Post
Thanks Glad that you approve. I don't know much about the other goalies? Any chance Bartosak isn't the #1?
I never got an answer so I figured i would ask again. Any of the other goalies have a shot at the starting role?

rebels4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 01:16 AM
  #113
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebels4life View Post
I never got an answer so I figured i would ask again. Any of the other goalies have a shot at the starting role?
Both Machovský and Bartošák could be starting. Who plays the first game will be probably decided in pre-tourney games (Slovakia today, Germany in a few days.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 04:55 AM
  #114
Pyth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Final roster:

G:
Patrik Bartošák (Red Deer, WHL), Jan Lukáš (Olomouc), Matěj Machovský (Brampton, OHL).

D:
David Musil (Edmonton, WHL), Marek Hrbas (Kamloops, WHL), Jan Štencel (Vítkovice), Petr Šidlík (Victoriaville, QMJHL), Tomáš Pavelka (P.E.I., QMJHL), Patrik Urbanec (Zlín), Štěpán Jeník (Kärpät Oulu, Finsko).

F:
Tomáš Hertl (Slavia Praha), Dmitrij Jaškin (Moncton, QMJHL), Radek Faksa (Kitchener, OHL), Martin Frk (Halifax, QMJHL), Matěj Beran (P.E.I., QMJHL), Tomáš Hyka (Gatineau, QMJHL), Lukáš Sedlák (Chicoutimi, QMJHL), Michal Švihálek (Č. Budějovice), Petr Koblasa, Vojtěch Tomeček (oba K. Vary, MHL), Erik Němec (Vítkovice), Petr Beránek (Znojmo, EBEL), Jakub Vrána (Linköping, Švédsko).

Pyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 06:50 AM
  #115
DrPabloRamirez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nevidzany, ZM
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Czech republic - Slovakia video you can find here - http://www.slovakprospects.com/msj20...porazilo-cesko

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 07:11 AM
  #116
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPabloRamirez View Post
Czech republic - Slovakia video you can find here - http://www.slovakprospects.com/msj20...porazilo-cesko
great, thanks!

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 10:32 AM
  #117
Weide
Registered User
 
Weide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Linköping, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 508
vCash: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyth View Post
Jakub Vrána (Linköping, Švédsko).

Weide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:51 AM
  #118
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyth View Post
Final roster:

G:
Patrik Bartošák (Red Deer, WHL), Jan Lukáš (Olomouc), Matěj Machovský (Brampton, OHL).

D:
David Musil (Edmonton, WHL), Marek Hrbas (Kamloops, WHL), Jan Štencel (Vítkovice), Petr Šidlík (Victoriaville, QMJHL), Tomáš Pavelka (P.E.I., QMJHL), Patrik Urbanec (Zlín), Štěpán Jeník (Kärpät Oulu, Finsko).

F:
Tomáš Hertl (Slavia Praha), Dmitrij Jaškin (Moncton, QMJHL), Radek Faksa (Kitchener, OHL), Martin Frk (Halifax, QMJHL), Matěj Beran (P.E.I., QMJHL), Tomáš Hyka (Gatineau, QMJHL), Lukáš Sedlák (Chicoutimi, QMJHL), Michal Švihálek (Č. Budějovice), Petr Koblasa, Vojtěch Tomeček (oba K. Vary, MHL), Erik Němec (Vítkovice), Petr Beránek (Znojmo, EBEL), Jakub Vrána (Linköping, Švédsko).
Lol Beranek and Sidlik make the team over Stransky and Nedomlel? What a joke. I'm rooting for this team to do well, but they're handicapping themselves right off the bat and making the tournament harder than it should be.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 07:54 AM
  #119
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,365
vCash: 500
looks like a pretty physical team?

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 04:04 PM
  #120
Frantisek
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
looks like a pretty physical team?
Physical forwards, but see the defense: There are players that obviously lack strenght and don't play a very physical game (Sidlik, for the best example, but also Stencel, Jenik).


Last edited by Frantisek: 12-21-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Frantisek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 03:48 AM
  #121
joey16
Registered User
 
joey16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 540
vCash: 500
http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/isport...o-je-klid.html
So according to this article, Stransky's ban of representing is still on and that's why he wasn't invited. No word about Nedomlel.

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 05:37 AM
  #122
Frantisek
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/isport...o-je-klid.html
So according to this article, Stransky's ban of representing is still on and that's why he wasn't invited. No word about Nedomlel.
They wrote, that Stransky is not so important player for the team, so no one tried to resolve the problem. It seems they know nothing about him. By all means, thumbs down for HC Vitkovice.

Frantisek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 12:45 AM
  #123
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantisek View Post
They wrote, that Stransky is not so important player for the team, so no one tried to resolve the problem. It seems they know nothing about him. By all means, thumbs down for HC Vitkovice.
They're obviously right. He's much less important to the teams top 6 than Petr Beranek who Stransky outscored by 46 points last year playing in the defensively tough WHL. Heck, through 35 games this year Stransky has more points than ever Beranek scored in a single season.

This coach is clueless. Adding guys like Stransky and Nedomlel would only improve this team, but I guess he knows best...

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 08:39 AM
  #124
Mirinho
Registered User
 
Mirinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
CZE - GER 7:2 (2:0, 2:1, 3:1)

goals: 1. Jaškin (Musil, Štencel), 12. Musil (Hrbas, Šidlík), 27. Sedlák (Vrána), 28. Hyka (Hertl, Pavelka), 52. Sedlák (Frk, Pavelka), 54. Frk, 57. Hertl (Hyka) - 23. Latta (Uvira), 44. Ketterer (Faber, Sekesi)

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 10:29 AM
  #125
Ville231
Registered User
 
Ville231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
How are the Czechs this year? Better than last year?

Ville231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.