HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tyler Myers

Old
12-19-2012, 05:39 PM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohosaregood View Post
I don't think Dustin Brown holds as much value as you think he does. It's kinda like Ryan Callahan. Sure, a lot of teams would want him but they're not giving up a top pairing defenseman or anything like that for him.
Agree with this. Brown is a good player, and one I'm sure nearly any team would like to have, but he's not a franchise cornerstone the way Myers is.

(In b4 "but he captained a team to the Cup!!1")

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohosaregood View Post
I don't think Dustin Brown holds as much value as you think he does. It's kinda like Ryan Callahan. Sure, a lot of teams would want him but they're not giving up a top pairing defenseman or anything like that for him.
exactly what I think.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I disagree with you, Quick was better, but Price is the only thing that kept the Habs from finishing dead last. He was good, the best player on the team, heck, he's one of the best players in the league, and that's coming from a Bruins fan who grew up one town over from Jonathan Quick.
It's nice to hear from a bruins fan, sure Price is a great player maybe better than Quick, his biggest strength is his hockey sens and how he control the rebound maybe he look smooth but it's because he's always at the right position and that limit the scoring chance a lot.

Yea maybe we finished last but in half of the losses we scored 1 goal or less.
And don't forget that we had 3 rookie at defense + subban had a very bad start and that's without counting Kaberle Campoli as veteran...

U can't compare the habs to la, cuz la have the better team so far.

Old
12-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
I was just anticipating a really good first game. Buffalo atleast has a few new faces that are willing to go toe to toe; not to mention one of them has really bad blood with the B's already.
Bad blood? Steve Ott, Boston's once a year punching bag? Or John Scott, who regularly dodges Shawn Thornton?

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 07:04 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
When you carry a team to a bottom three finish is that really something to be proud of?
If you saw the rest of there team play I think so.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 07:06 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Sure thing, CapitalsRock.
If you disagree than make a poll.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:26 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Bad blood? Steve Ott, Boston's once a year punching bag? Or John Scott, who regularly dodges Shawn Thornton?
no Chara who once a year dodges Scott...sorry B's fans cant pick your fights here.

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:32 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
the op was asking how other teams veiwed him not what other buffalo fans would trade him for. In reality if myers would be traded a brown voynov lotki would be the best offer u would get for myers and stafford. it would be fair value brown is better then stafford and voynov lokti maybe less then myers but its in my mind the same difference between brown and stafford.
I wanna reiterate I as a sabres fan have no reason to trade Myers for anything short of a massive overpayment.

That said, I claimed Brown,Voynov,Lotki would make me think....

Brown's value is currently at the highest point it'll ever be...I recall stafford for brown trades floating near the deadline...I wont overvalue a captain who is(a tremendous player) on a team at its highest.

Voynov had a great first kinda full year, but...size? hmmm

and Lotki seems to have soured on nearly everyone including you guys...hes a great talent but hes currently runnning low on praise and if thats the case as an armchair GM, im buying low...

Old
12-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom
Carey Price for Tyler Myers?

I offer you the most valuable Montreal asset, and arguably the most valuable goalie in the league.

Henrik Lundqvist and Pekka Rinne say hi.

mr johnathon quick waves jumps up and down saying ur forgetting the winner of this convo without me my stanley cup winning team doesnt even make the playoffs let alone win them
I dont think hes as valueable as ppl say he is, i mean he's great... behind one of (if not the best) defensive lineup. and i dont think many teams would pay the price to have him.

of course im gonna get burned for saying that but thats my opinion

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Everyone should know that D-men take longer to develop than forwards. I think this is especially true when they're 6'6"+. As Tyler grows and matures as a hockey player, the defensive sense and IQ will come, just as it did with Chara. He didn't become a star until he was in his thirties, and Myers has already won a Calder.

I'm really just not as worried as so many others seem to be, this kid has a ceiling as high as anyone in the league.
I agree.

It's way too early to be worried. The road of development has a ton of rough patches.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:03 AM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
I dont think hes as valueable as ppl say he is, i mean he's great... behind one of (if not the best) defensive lineup. and i dont think many teams would pay the price to have him.

This is again completely ignoring pretty much every year of his career besides 2011-12 where his teams were fermented horse manure.

I'm not sure how Lundqvist got this reputation for being a system goalie after his team has only been competitive literally one season in his entire career.

I guess you don't remember 2007 and 2008 where the Rangers D was so bad that Michael Rozsival was getting 30 minutes a night.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:23 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
I wanna reiterate I as a sabres fan have no reason to trade Myers for anything short of a massive overpayment.

That said, I claimed Brown,Voynov,Lotki would make me think....

Brown's value is currently at the highest point it'll ever be...I recall stafford for brown trades floating near the deadline...I wont overvalue a captain who is(a tremendous player) on a team at its highest.

Voynov had a great first kinda full year, but...size? hmmm

and Lotki seems to have soured on nearly everyone including you guys...hes a great talent but hes currently runnning low on praise and if thats the case as an armchair GM, im buying low...
I don't think browns value has totally peek as he will show in the next season. I think when the rumours started (ty Bob McKenzie for starting them) Brown found another gear in his game. If he plays like he did from the trade dealine on all season he becomes even more valueable.

As for lotki i dont think the kings soured on him as much as they all realise he has no place on the team. When the kings aquired richards the writing was on the wall he was not going to fit. He simply couldnt get the hang of the lw postion. He is a great talent as hes showing in the ahl. Just simply not as good as stoll or richard or kopitar. We as fans just want something in value for him. He is a 2nd line playmaking center on a more offensive team.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:30 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:

im not sure who ur talking about quick or Lundqvist So if ur not talking quick stop reading and go respond to the guy above me who answered as if it was Lundqvist

if its quick your talking about he played in more 1-0 2-1 games if he wasnt spectaclur in them game they would have lost most of them simply because the offense was so bad. It got better after the deadline ( carter and king with nolon coming up ) but still the kings only scored 198 goals all year which means every goal counted So any extra goals would have ment alot of losses therefore making the kings miss the playoffs

Old
12-20-2012, 12:32 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
This is again completely ignoring pretty much every year of his career besides 2011-12 where his teams were fermented horse manure.

I'm not sure how Lundqvist got this reputation for being a system goalie after his team has only been competitive literally one season in his entire career.

I guess you don't remember 2007 and 2008 where the Rangers D was so bad that Michael Rozsival was getting 30 minutes a night.
I think hes talking kings he referenced a defensive team which fits the kings alot more then the rangers.

Old
12-20-2012, 07:31 AM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post

he's from the west so he dont really know lundqvist

Old
12-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

Quote:
I dont think hes as valueable as ppl say he is
How valuable are people saying Lundqvist is?

Quote:
i mean he's great... behind one of (if not the best) defensive lineup. and i dont think many teams would pay the price to have him.
They probably wouldn't considering teams don't like to weaken their teams with trades, so unless the offer clearly resulted in a better product why the hell would the Rangers take a giant risk?

Quote:
My Opinion: You haven't watched enough of Lundqvist if you're crediting his teams defense for his play.

You're not just talking about arguably the best goalie post-lockout. But one of the best players on the planet.

Boom Boom Geoffrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 10:12 AM
vespa99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
I don't think you've watched enough of Myers after reading your "opinion".
You dont have to put "Opinion" in quotes. i get that you dont agree and you are of course welcome to your own "Opinion".
And yah, I have watched him enough, and been underwhelmed. Not saying he wont be great in the future. Just saying I dont see him as great now so I wouldnt break the bank to acquire hiim. I cant put my finger on it, I just dont have the impression he will ever live up to the hype.

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 10:22 AM
TOGuy14

For the record, as a Leafs fan I consider Lundqvist to be the #1 goalie in the league.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 10:56 AM
DJN21

Quote:
I don't think browns value has totally peek as he will show in the next season. I think when the rumours started (ty Bob McKenzie for starting them) Brown found another gear in his game. If he plays like he did from the trade dealine on all season he becomes even more valueable.

As for lotki i dont think the kings soured on him as much as they all realise he has no place on the team. When the kings aquired richards the writing was on the wall he was not going to fit. He simply couldnt get the hang of the lw postion. He is a great talent as hes showing in the ahl. Just simply not as good as stoll or richard or kopitar. We as fans just want something in value for him. He is a 2nd line playmaking center on a more offensive team.
I agree in part of both these points, they are qite possible but both are still just guesses not fact at this point and i wouldnt be willing to part with Myers for what might become.

Old
12-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa99 View Post
You dont have to put "Opinion" in quotes. i get that you dont agree and you are of course welcome to your own "Opinion".
And yah, I have watched him enough, and been underwhelmed. Not saying he wont be great in the future. Just saying I dont see him as great now so I wouldnt break the bank to acquire hiim. I cant put my finger on it, I just dont have the impression he will ever live up to the hype.
I can put "whatever" I want in quotes. You don't have to put two ii's in him.

And I still don't think you've watched enough of Myers, in "m"y" "o"p"i"n"i"o"n".

You can't put your finger on it, maybe you're just biased and dislike him or his team.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:04 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
I agree in part of both these points, they are qite possible but both are still just guesses not fact at this point and i wouldnt be willing to part with Myers for what might become.
where i agree voyonov and lotki are players with potential i think brown is as consitent as u will find in a nhl player. He is at worse a 50 -60 point player on a defensive team. 75 easy on a more offensive team imo who will lead ur team in hits.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:28 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
But one of the best players on the planet.
I smirked when I saw this comment but I laughed when I saw your picture.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
I smirked when I saw this comment but I laughed when I saw your picture.
Smirked? You must disagree then, correct???

Nice username

Old
12-20-2012, 12:53 PM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
For the record, as a Leafs fan I consider Lundqvist to be the #1 goalie in the league.
I would put him top 5. I do not think there is a goalie in the league who is good enough to be the undisputed #1. There usually isn't.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
I would put him top 5. I do not think there is a goalie in the league who is good enough to be the undisputed #1. There usually isn't.
The GM's around the league do, which is why they voted Lundqvist as the Vezina winner. And Runner-up, numerous times since he debuted. Now, who's opinion do I value more? Yours? Or the professionals that are paid to manage their organizations?

Suggesting he's a top-5 would imply that there are 4 other netminders in the league that are arguably superior. I'm curious to hear which other 4 goalies, in your opinion, are arguably better than Lundqvist. . . . . . . . .

Last edited by Boom Boom Geoffrion: 12-20-2012 at 01:32 PM.