HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Exhibition • Dec. 20 • Finland 3, Canada 2

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Lessy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Rielly looks terrible.
Surprising for the best player from the 2012 draft

Old
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Lets see the Murphy haters spin this game. He has been Canada's best and most dangerous defensmen today.

Old
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
Better period for the Canadians. Interesting how the refs put the whistles away once the Finns start getting shady when it comes to the penalties. It has gone both ways to an extent though I'll acknowledge that. Rattie is done on the first line, guys missed a ton of glorious chances set up by RNH. Defense looks very soft, not impressed with Ouellet or Rielly. Starting to see why Hudon is loved by HC - very versatile. I can also see why he was a 5th rounder though because I'm not sure how his game will translate to the next level.
The Finns are getting away with a ton of holding. That's clearly evident. Not their fault - I'd do it to if I knew the officials were incompetent.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Destroyer100

Finland doenst even have some of its top plyaers in like Pokka, Barkov etc. Wait until Finland has those guys in the lineup, Canada better start playing better if they want to win the gold. Right now there playing like they want to lose the Bronze i dont care if they have 2 goals they are still playing like crap right now.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
The Finns are getting away with a ton of holding. That's clearly evident. Not their fault - I'd do it to if I knew the officials were incompetent.
Interference/holding I've noticed a lot not being called while everything else does. Also when Rattie got cross-checked from behind in front of the net that's probably the most blatant penalty in the entire game and it goes uncalled.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Hudon, Murphy and Hopkins have impressed me for Canada. Armia, Lindbohm and Granlund have impressed me for Finland.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Primetimey

vCash: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Me too but of ALL the players we could potentially lose to injury... this might be best case scenario then Strome can center the kids.
Yes, it's the best case scenario to lose a big power forward who is tied for the lead in goals in the OHL and has more points than your boy Scheifele.

Give your head a shake.

Old
SarcazemKadri

Give the teams a break here, guys. Give them some time to bang out some chemistry and get their feet wet. I'm sure Spott will give players a little more direction on each players role when the official tournament games begin.

Old
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
Rielly is playing passive, which is NOT his game. Probably nerves. His game is all about rhythm and he doesn't have it right now.

He needs to get involved in a nice rush and have something go well before he turns it on.
This is what scared me about him.

He is used to being able to rush the puck up the ice. But now he puts his head up and sees the best Junior players in the world on his line, so he is going to make the quick, simple play.

Lets hope he comes around and starts to play his game. Which will result in a lot more dangerous offensive threats from these high end forwards.

To say he is the worst player is hysterical. If anything he has just blended in. Hamilton has been the bigger disappointment, if we are going to walk down that road. Overall, lets just give them a chance to get their feet wet? alright fellas?

Old
12-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer100 View Post
Finland doenst even have some of its top plyaers in like Pokka, Barkov etc. Wait until Finland has those guys in the lineup, Canada better start playing better if they want to win the gold. Right now there playing like they want to lose the Bronze i dont care if they have 2 goals they are still playing like crap right now.
While it's way too early to put this kind of judgement on we're seeing the kind of problems that many of us expected once the roster was picked. Guys who are second rate one-dimensional scorers (for this team) are becoming invisible (Lipon, Rattie, Drouin) and the blueline is very soft. The most concerning thing for me is Subban. I was hoping he'd take the ropes in this game but he's looked very shaky. I gave him a free pass after selection camp but if Binnington looks good Saturday he's my guy for Boxing Day.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Yzlamic Extremist

vCash: 629
I don't understand the hate for Rielly, he's been good at distributing the puck and getting it out of the zone. That's his role. As soon as he becomes more comfortable he'll start joining the rush more and get back to his game.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Lessy

Interesting how RNH only has 10 minutes while the Finns seem to be riding Armia/Granlund for big minutes. I'm assuming/hoping Spott is only doing this for pre-tournament.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzerman View Post
I don't understand the hate for Rielly, he's been good at distributing the puck and getting it out of the zone. That's his role. As soon as he becomes more comfortable he'll start joining the rush more and get back to his game.
People also don't realize that he's playing his off-side. Weakest top pairing Canada has had in a very long time, at least defensively.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Dude, it's 2 periods into the first warm-up game.

Old
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Talk about over-reacting......

Old
Caroline Says ll
Bismarck

Send a message via ICQ to Caroline Says ll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzerman View Post
When fanbases pump guys too hard in the months before, other people are quick to look for any faults and pounce or even root against them. It's the same reason many were almost happy that Corrado was cut.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Destroyer100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Talk about over-reacting......
I know is 2 perods in a warm up game. Its not over reactiing if its true lol. i Just dont want to see my team lose. The chemistry will just take time i guess.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Zirakzigil

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Positives so far - Armia & Granlund playing well, shooting
Liking Granlunds play a lot so far.

As a team Canada is playing like crap. To much individual play and not enough teamwork. Personally Id like them to get blown out of the water. That way the coaches can absolutely roast them over the fire over a game that doesnt matter.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:18 AM
QnebO

I dont see Barkov, sadly. I would've liked to already see how much he can dominate these games this year

Old
12-20-2012, 10:19 AM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
People also don't realize that he's playing his off-side. Weakest top pairing Canada has had in a very long time, at least defensively.
He's not.

Old
PricePkPatch

Quote:
I know is 2 perods in a warm up game. Its not over reactiing if its true lol. i Just dont want to see my team lose. The chemistry will just take time i guess.
It's not the first game that is critical to win

It's the last

Old
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation

Hamilton has been a bit of a disappointment for me this game

Old
thomast

Barkov is watching the game with Jari Kurri... I hope he gets some inspiration from it.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
This is what scared me about him.

He is used to being able to rush the puck up the ice. But now he puts his head up and sees the best Junior players in the world on his line, so he is going to make the quick, simple play.

Lets hope he comes around and starts to play his game. Which will result in a lot more dangerous offensive threats from these high end forwards.

To say he is the worst player is hysterical. If anything he has just blended in. Hamilton has been the bigger disappointment, if we are going to walk down that road. Overall, lets just give them a chance to get their feet wet? alright fellas?
NO, it has been 2 periods of an exhibition game. They should both have 6 points each. Since they do not both are busts. Send them home!

Old
12-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Come on boys

Closed Thread