HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Undo a trade in the past 2 seasons! (Since summer 2010)

Old
12-20-2012, 10:48 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

vCash: 500
Brad Boyes for a 2nd. Should've used the pick on an actual center.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Komarov77

Barker for Leddy not sure was it before summer though.

Komarov77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

We traded Simon Gagne for ****ing Matt Walker and a 4th. Enough said.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:01 AM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Since the summer 2010, which trade you wish your team could undo?

As a Montreal fan, i would undo the Sergei Kostitsyn trade.
What? that was a great trade I would of still traded him but not for that deal. If I remember correctly that was the Dustin Boyd and Dan Ellis trade right?

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:11 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
when was penner dealt to the kings? thats gotta be it for them
I wouldn't undo that trade. Penner sucked in the regular season but scored some huge goals for the Kings in the playoffs. We ended up re-signing him for less money in the offseason.

Teubert sucks and wouldn't be on the Kings now. He would have several dmen in the system ahead of him. We can't even accommodate all of our NHL ready dmen as it is. The 1st is just that. Who knows how the player will turn out that the Oilers picked.

eta: oh yeah, and we won the cup

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50
Ribeiro for Eakin + 2nd. Value wise it was great and filled a need, but the lockout meant that he was useless this year, and he probably won't re-sign so we gave up a good prospect and a good pick for literally nothing.

Dr John Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:24 AM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
In the past two years I am happy with every trade the Avs have made except Liles for a 2nd. The only reason I have no desire to undo it is that it led to the Varlamov trade.

So if I could undo that trade and still arrange for the Varlamov trade I'd be fine.
Filip Forsberg all day

capitalsrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:29 AM
TBIF

Surprised no canuck fans are saying this one, but had we not traded Ehrhoff, and decided to re-sign him instead we'd of been much better off.

TBIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
Quincey for a 1st
This was a nice move from SY as we got Andrei Vasilevski for Steve Downie, I would do this one in a second

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:44 AM
ginner classic

Ballard trade but not because Ballard was a bad player, but rather his injuries and the fact that the coach does not appreciate his playing style. Shocked how out of synch Vinne and Gillis were on that one. I understand we had not yet signed Hamhuis and Gillis was covering his butt in a market short on D-men, but this was a truly horrific trade.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:56 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Trent Hunter for Brian Rolston. That overpaid, lazy sack of crap should have never put on an Islander uniform. He made the team worse with his horrible play.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:57 AM
JoeCool16

I'll take Hodgson back, please!

JoeCool16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Klesla and Byers for Upshall and Lepisto.

Not that I particularly miss Klesla or feel the Jackets need him, but the return for him completely sucked.
Haha yeah Columbus got totally dominated in that trade.

Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBIF View Post
Surprised no canuck fans are saying this one, but had we not traded Ehrhoff, and decided to re-sign him instead we'd of been much better off.
Yea true...I miss him too...I wouldn't be ok with giving him the same salary as Buffalo offered.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:07 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr John Carlson View Post
Ribeiro for Eakin + 2nd. Value wise it was great and filled a need, but the lockout meant that he was useless this year, and he probably won't re-sign so we gave up a good prospect and a good pick for literally nothing.
ya that one could suck especially since the caps already lost a top 6 forward in semin if Ribeiro bolts then thats 2 top 6 forward a good prospect and a 2nd for nothing

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:08 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
In the past two years I am happy with every trade the Avs have made except Liles for a 2nd. The only reason I have no desire to undo it is that it led to the Varlamov trade.

So if I could undo that trade and still arrange for the Varlamov trade I'd be fine.
If we extend that out to 25 months, instead of the last 24, then I would undo the Colby Cohen for Matt Hunwick trade without a second thought. Of course, having Hunwick on the ice probably helped lead to getting Landeskog.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Filip Forsberg all day
I'll take Varlamov without a second thought, makes our club competitive on a nightly basis for the foreseeable future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
If we extend that out to 25 months, instead of the last 24, then I would undo the Colby Cohen for Matt Hunwick trade without a second thought. Of course, having Hunwick on the ice probably helped lead to getting Landeskog.
Thread was about a single trade, you'd undo Cohen over Liles? Cohen has been useless, at least Hunwick gave us a couple highlight reel goals and didn't complain about his role as a 7th defender.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Filip Forsberg all day
Not if you need a franchise goalie.

Vasilevski was taken 19th, Subban 24th, given that Varlamov has already proven himself capable of high level NHL play and has a ton of development on those players 10th and a late 2nd is more than fair.

There's a reason no one in Colorado is bemoaning the trade.

That said, Ribeiro trade easily. McPhee should have gambled on the lockout and signed insurance players like Samuelsson or AKost for nothing. Could have come out way ahead. Shero played it masterfully. No Parise, no Suter, no Staal, no Michalek, no problem.

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:32 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
I'll take Varlamov without a second thought, makes our club competitive on a nightly basis for the foreseeable future.
Same for me. Easily keep Forsberg.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:33 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Not if you need a franchise goalie.

Vasilevski was taken 19th, Subban 24th, given that Varlamov has already proven himself capable of high level NHL play and has a ton of development on those players 10th and a late 2nd is more than fair.

There's a reason no one in Colorado is bemoaning the trade.

That said, Ribeiro trade easily. McPhee should have gambled on the lockout and signed insurance players like Samuelsson or AKost for nothing. Could have come out way ahead.
Holtby and Forsberg all day.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Holtby and Forsberg all day.
Given that we have a Holtby, no ****

Between Holtby and Varlamov I still think Varlamov will ultimately be better. Similar mental state, more talent.

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:57 PM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
I wouldn't, Gilbert is better then Schultz and fits the team better by a long margin.
As an Oiler fan, I strongly disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Trent Hunter for Brian Rolston. That overpaid, lazy sack of crap should have never put on an Islander uniform. He made the team worse with his horrible play.
I'll admit, he seemed to treat the season like an early retirement. All Islander fans should be pissed.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 01:24 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
I'll admit, he seemed to treat the season like an early retirement. All Islander fans should be pissed.
Very pissed.

He started the year off on the 3rd line with Josh Bailey and Blake Comeau. Two "kids" who never really had veteran leadership on a line they played on. The best veterans they played with were Doug Weight and Bill Guerin, who were fine in their own right, but never played on a line with them and Guerin was only here for a short time. Most Islander fans knew that Rolston didn't have much left in the tank, but would play out the season and teach the young kids some stuff. Comeau went on to have 0 points in the first 16 games of the season and a -11, turned into his own sourpuss and was subsequently waived for being a locker room cancer and having horrible on-ice play. He was never even on the ice for a goal the Islanders scored. I'm not saying it's all Rolston's fault, but he probably had a horrible influence on Comeau that turned him into the terrible hockey player he is today.

Rolston also was put on the 1st unit power play on the point with Streit, and was obviously used for the rocket he had from the point. Nah, he never used it. And when he did use it, it was always wide and our power play was horrible until he was taken off the 1st unit.

The worst was when he was traded for Boston, and complained about how he got little ice time and not enough power play time. If he didn't play like a lazy loser who was just working to collect a paycheck, he would've enjoyed his time on Long Island more. Then he went on to try and had more points in 21 games with the Bruins than he did in 49 games with the Islanders. I watch a lot of Bruins games, since I go to school in Connecticut (Quinnipiac) and get NESN. The Rolston in a Bruins uniform worked hard to get scoring chances, showed a good work ethic, and was rewarded with points. That was not the same Rolston on Long Island, who dogged it every time he laced up his skates.

Since the lockout, he is the only player to complain about his time on Long Island other than Chris Campoli (who nicely asked for a trade and didn't complain about the organization, just Scott Gordon). Every other player that plays here loves it, and is always upset to leave. He complained and complained for the wrong reasons.

He is my least favorite Islander since I've watched hockey (yes I feel strongly about this )

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 01:37 PM
boredmale

For the Islanders

Visnovsky for a 2nd. Assuming this season doesn't happen it's a rather useless trade for the Islanders since they will give away a 2nd for nothing

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Filip Forsberg all day
Might want to wait until he actually does *something* at the NHL level before making such lavish claims. Not saying he's not going to be a good or even great player but there is still a chance he flops or doesn't meet expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
This was a nice move from SY as we got Andrei Vasilevski for Steve Downie, I would do this one in a second
But you didn't. Downie went to the Avs. You guys gave up Quincey for that 1st. Since the Avs never had the opportunity to draft Vasilevski, you can't make that statement that way.

Very nice trade for Tampa Bay though, by the way. Wings end up with the short end of the stick in that deal very easily.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote