HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top line offensive threat for Phoenix

Old
12-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
I'd possibly offer a deal around Burmistrov for Yandle, but I don't think the Jets could afford their blueline. Enstrom, Buff, Bogo, and Yandle would all be highly paid. Also need to make room a few years down the road for Trouba. I'm a big Yandle fan, so I always like to dream.

Although that would be a ton of offense from the back 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Yandle for Mikko Koivu seems like it could work out for both side. Stastny might be gettable too.
In a world where most GM's go "If Gretzky can be traded anyone can be traded", Chuck Fletcher has gone out and said Koivu is pretty much untouchable.

Sweech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 04:13 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
How about a deal around Yandle for E. Kane?

Not sure if these are the kind of players the Coyotes would be targeting, but the only JETS who could potentially become available at some point are Little or Burmistrov. Depending on the deal, there would probably be other pieces involved in any deal to even out the value.

Moving either of these guys from the JETS roster would depend greatly on the development of players like Scheifele, Lowry and Kosmachuk. The Jets landing a top 5 pick in the 2013 draft could also factor in if that pick is MacKinnon, Barkov, Monahan or Drouin.

I am by no means advocating trading either of these JETS as they are part of our core moving forward, but the thought of adding a player like Gormley is enticing though.

For what it's worth though, I believe both the JETS and the COYOTES will be content remaining status quo with their own players for a few more seasons while making moderate additions through free agency to address the team needs.

Last edited by untouchable21: 12-19-2012 at 09:51 PM.
untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
I value Rundblad slightly more, but maybe I'm just being a homer. He's put up more points than Schroeder this year in the A as a defenseman, and he's really focusing on improving his D on NA ice (which according to his +/- from last year to this has drastically improved). Plus he's got 30 NHL games under his belt.

How would you compare Andy Miele to Jordan Schroeder outside of the age difference? I saw a couple of Moose games that Schroeder played in 2 years ago and I remember thinking his talent was undeniable, but his size might be a challenge at the NHL level. I think the same thing about our former Hobey Baker winner.
Jordan Schroeder is far more talented than Andy Miele in my opinion. Jordan is far more versitile so can fit in where a team needs him where I see Andy mainly used as a depth scorer. Schroeder is a bit like Kyle Wellwood, but the player he reminds me the most of would be Cliff Ronning. Like both Ronning and Wellwood, Schroeder has that knack of knowing where to go on the ice when he doesn't have the puck and like them, he is an excellent playmaker as well as a super pest.

Rundblad I see eventually settling in as an honest, quality #3 NHL defenseman and someone the Canucks could really use even at the expense of having to trade Cliff Ronning #2.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Ricky Bobby

Yandle for Krejci

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 08:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

It's really tough losing this season for the Coyotes. It was going to be very interesting seeing how this whole blue line situation was going to develop. I was eager to see if Yandle could rebound, and if OEL was going to take the next step. I'm afraid answers aren't going to become any more clear with the loss of the season. Sucks.

12-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Caniac125330

I know a lot of teams don't like trading in the division, but what about Yandle for Bobby Ryan? Or you could try to get Matt Moulson from NYI.

Caniac125330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 08:58 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
P. Kane maybe?
Not if oel is off the table

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 09:28 PM
YotesFan47

The only real need I see the Coyotes have is a center. We have a plenty of wing and defense depth. I would be looking for anyone from top line to 3rd line depending on the deal. Some of the players I would be most interested in if I were GMDM are Krejci or Peverley from Boston, Pavelski, Laich, Brandon Sutter, Stepan, one of the Staal brothers (just a pipe dream lol), Zajac, Filppula, Collin Wilson, Backes or Steen, and Grabovski as far as established NHLers go. Some of those players are far out of reach for us because of the other teams needs but those would be players I would target.

I know in past posts I have allowed myself to accept something around players that I felt were less qualified but felt that overall it did help the team such as Bailey and Grabner or Gagner and Yakupov for whomever. Not to say that any of those players are bad or not worthy, but purely from a manager building a club that can win year after year and be able to try to win the Stanley Cup multiple times, not just once and then fall down the charts. It makes sense to get a 2nd line center and a player who has a high probability to score at least 25 goals a season. I'll roll 3 2nd line centers and 6 2nd line wingers who can score at an average rate and play average defense every day of the week. Have top 5 goaltending and blue liners to go with that? We would compete every year.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Caniac125330

Yeah keep dreaming on the Staal brothers.

Caniac125330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Grabo for Hanzal

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:48 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Grabo for Hanzal
I think that kind of defeats the point of acquiring another center.. Not to mention the value is off, Hanzal is worth more than Grabo.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:22 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
It's really tough losing this season for the Coyotes. It was going to be very interesting seeing how this whole blue line situation was going to develop. I was eager to see if Yandle could rebound, and if OEL was going to take the next step. I'm afraid answers aren't going to become any more clear with the loss of the season. Sucks.
I wanted to see what roll Moss would play, I was guessing that Coach Tip was going to play him at center. If Gormley could make (or when) to the NHL, which would enable GMDM to make trades. How well Sullivan performs. But I, like most, if not all, agree with you, It sucks.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:01 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
What would it take to get a forward that has the skills to be a legit 1st line player, and one of the go-to players in the offensive zone. I'm primarily thinking of someone who has the creativity to generate offense as well as getting into the right spots for scoring at critical moments in the game. He also would need to be reasonably young, 27 or under, as to be able to grow with a young core of players at other positions.

It could be someone that's already established himself in the NHL, or someone with a high probability of doing so in the near future. Some names that could work are something like Kesler, Kane, Perron, Couture, Strome, B. Schenn, etc. Obviously these have various different values, that would take different packages.

What would it take, obviously trading from strength would mean trading a package that is centered on a young D-man. The most logical center piece would be Gormley, given his potential and how close he is to the NHL. Although another package around Rundblad could also work (probably have to add more in that case). OEL is obviously off the table, Yandle could be had for the right deal, although most of those names mentioned by themselves seem to fall short of the value of Yandle.

Any idea, something like Gormley + something moderate, or Rundblad + something significant get it done for one of those?
I think this is a pretty tough spot to fill if you are only talking about giving up a package of prospects.

Yandle is worth a lot, no doubt about it, but to get a top line player I suspect that a player like Yandle needs to be involved unless they were dealing with a team that was trying to rebuild. But it is highly unlikely that a team that is rebuilding is going to get rid of an under 27 year old top line forward.

If Yandle is expendable, there is the deal right there. Now you just need to find a team that wants D and has a top line forward 27 or under to spare.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 02:27 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Sam Gagner for Henrik Samuelsson

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Bandit34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Sam Gagner for Henrik Samuelsson
Yotes fans are going to say that they can't afford to trade forward prospects but Samuelsson is a guy that probably won't pan out. Whereas, Gagner just turned 23 and he could step in and be a second line center.

Coyotes should say yes on this one.

Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit34 View Post
Yotes fans are going to say that they can't afford to trade forward prospects but Samuelsson is a guy that probably won't pan out. Whereas, Gagner just turned 23 and he could step in and be a second line center.

Coyotes should say yes on this one.
In reality, I agree with you entirely. But this is HF, where potential is made up and whats proven doesn't matter! (There's my attempt at humour...Who's line style)

I think that you may be able to fish a little more out of other teams then Gagner from Edmonton, but it would be a good get for the Yotes to have another dynamic offensive center.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Hawkaholic

Since when is Gagner a dynamic offensive centre?

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac125330 View Post
I know a lot of teams don't like trading in the division, but what about Yandle for Bobby Ryan? Or you could try to get Matt Moulson from NYI.
Doesn't work for Anaheim. Anaheim would like to add Yandle, but not at the expense of Bobby Ryan. We know Selanne and Koivu are on their way out sooner rather than later. Ryan is the one who is going to step into Selanne's spot on the PP, and he'll be expected to be the catalyst for the 2nd line.

I think, to move Ryan, the Ducks would need to get a top notch center in return... and even that's no guarantee, because Murray might be looking in-house with Holland.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Maybe the Yotes need to wait for a decent team to start the rebuild process. For example if Detroit rebuilds, maybe Zetterberg becomes available for a package around Gormley and Rundblad.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Doesn't work for Anaheim. Anaheim would like to add Yandle, but not at the expense of Bobby Ryan. We know Selanne and Koivu are on their way out sooner rather than later. Ryan is the one who is going to step into Selanne's spot on the PP, and he'll be expected to be the catalyst for the 2nd line.

I think, to move Ryan, the Ducks would need to get a top notch center in return... and even that's no guarantee, because Murray might be looking in-house with Holland.
With Boudreau coming out and saying that we need to add at LW and that we're fine at center, I have to think that it's coming internally. It wouldn't surprise me if that's why the Ryan trade rumors died after prospect camp.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Since when is Gagner a dynamic offensive centre?
since he lit up the Hawks like a Christmas tree

On a more serious note... I know Gagner gets a lot of bashing on these boards but offensively he would be better than any C PHO has..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
The only real need I see the Coyotes have is a center. We have a plenty of wing and defense depth. I would be looking for anyone from top line to 3rd line depending on the deal. Some of the players I would be most interested in if I were GMDM are Krejci or Peverley from Boston, Pavelski, Laich, Brandon Sutter, Stepan, one of the Staal brothers (just a pipe dream lol), Zajac, Filppula, Collin Wilson, Backes or Steen, and Grabovski as far as established NHLers go. Some of those players are far out of reach for us because of the other teams needs but those would be players I would target.

I know in past posts I have allowed myself to accept something around players that I felt were less qualified but felt that overall it did help the team such as Bailey and Grabner or Gagner and Yakupov for whomever. Not to say that any of those players are bad or not worthy, but purely from a manager building a club that can win year after year and be able to try to win the Stanley Cup multiple times, not just once and then fall down the charts. It makes sense to get a 2nd line center and a player who has a high probability to score at least 25 goals a season. I'll roll 3 2nd line centers and 6 2nd line wingers who can score at an average rate and play average defense every day of the week. Have top 5 goaltending and blue liners to go with that? We would compete every year.
Good luck getting Backes out of St Louis

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
With Boudreau coming out and saying that we need to add at LW and that we're fine at center, I have to think that it's coming internally. It wouldn't surprise me if that's why the Ryan trade rumors died after prospect camp.
You're probably right about that. Boudreau must have liked what he saw. More than that, as much as Ryan's name was thrown around in trade rumors, his offense is just too important to the Ducks future, IMO.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
ouch..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 07:08 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Good luck getting Backes out of St Louis
Certainly, but those are the kinds of players I would be looking at. Honestly, good luck getting a majority of the players I listed off, those are valuable assets and some of them worth more to their own team then they would be for the Coyotes.