HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Interesting Info: Part XII (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

vCash: 500
As far as I can tell it's a standard pinstripe suit coat. But it's hard because of the weird color effect going on in the entire image.

Old
12-18-2012, 09:39 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
As far as I can tell it's a standard pinstripe suit coat.
That's the part I don't like. The pinstripes on suit coats.

Quote:
But it's hard because of the weird color effect going on in the entire image.
You are certainly correct there. However, even with the weird effects its not even in the same zip code as Cherry.

Old
12-20-2012, 11:38 AM
CapnCornelius

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travi...Days/134/48016

Remember when some were ticked that Nash allegedly didn't waive his no-trade clause for a deal headlined by this kid?

Dodged a serious bullet there (and still got one of the potential players in the deal at a much lower cost). We missed out on the next Lindros. Brett Lindros, that is.

Old
12-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travi...Days/134/48016

Remember when some were ticked that Nash allegedly didn't waive his no-trade clause for a deal headlined by this kid?

Dodged a serious bullet there (and still got one of the potential players in the deal at a much lower cost). We missed out on the next Lindros. Brett Lindros, that is.
Yea no kidding. Zibanejad is by far not a bust (yet) but Im extremely cautious when it comes to someone who is injury prone. Wish the kid the best hopefully he gets healthy.

Old
01-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
It's an old article, but man oh man is it awful.

Is Jack Johnson the Tim Tebow of the NHL?

01-03-2013, 07:37 PM
FlaggerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Yea no kidding. Zibanejad is by far not a bust (yet) but Im extremely cautious when it comes to someone who is injury prone. Wish the kid the best hopefully he gets healthy.
Maybe but with three concussions in one year he might be wise to think about hanging up his skates. He's got enough to live on and nothing is worth brain damage.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:48 PM
HoldFast13
DESTROY!!!!

I was admittedly never a big fan of Juice but after reading this I have to say I feel bad for the guy.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...lius-to-retire

Old
01-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldFast13 View Post
I was admittedly never a big fan of Juice but after reading this I have to say I feel bad for the guy.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...lius-to-retire
I liked Juice.

Everyone knew what kind of player he was, and if you didn't expect any more than what was advertised then he would not drive you crazy. When he was good, he was very good.

The other thing that I liked about Juice was that when he coughed up the puck, he almost always was able to get it back, or at least break up any potential scoring chance off of his turnover.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:00 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Hockey talk returns!

As per Puckrakers, an online chat with Porty, today, at noon and a Cannon Fodder podcast, tomorrow. Yay, hockey!

Old
01-09-2013, 10:23 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

From Dark Blue Jacket:

Gallos provides this quote:

"...from Battle of California (a blog on SBNation), that looked at the last 48 games of last year, a relevant number given the season we are looking at. In that time period, the CBJ finished 13th in the West, still not a playoff team, but not last. This is probably a little bit more realistic for us. There are still of lot of unfinished pieces."

The actual record was 20-25-3, with a 5-1 sprint to the finish. Certainly, this team and situation is much changed; but I thought it provided a little different look at the past season, rather than comparing to the first 48 games or the entire past season. Since I have seen only one other blogger (on HockeyBuzz) place the CBJ anywhere but last, I found it interesting that there might actually be some numbers somewhere in the statistical universe that might support such madness!

Old
01-09-2013, 10:44 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

From The Union Blue,

As always, the Coach provides some interesting things on which to ponder. Today, he's posted his goal predictions for this year's CBJ:

http://www.theunionblue.com/2013/01/.../#comment-3500

I know nothing of statistical analysis and don't understand the basis for his projections (and he doesn't reveal his underlying numbers, anyway), but I find them interesting, nontheless. I was shocked by how wide his projected range for Johan is (7-32!), but I do like his final conclusion - this team might score more than it gives up. Maybe, maybe not, but I'm willing to at least consider the possibility!

Old
01-09-2013, 11:14 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

From TSN:

"When the NHL season gets underway, teams will likely have a shorter-than-normal evaluation period to decide whether to keep their underage prospects or send them back to their junior teams.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, the league is expected to adopt a six-game rule for the lockout-shortened season. At that point, teams could send the player back to junior without using up the first year of their entry level contract.

Next season, the league would revert back to the usual 10 games."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413134

Obviously, this impacts the discussion regarding Boone Jenner.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:46 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Obviously, this impacts the discussion regarding Boone Jenner.
Indeed. Baring injuries, I'm just not sure there are enough spots for Jenner to make the club unless he just comes in and explodes onto the scene.

Having said that, I saw him a bit last year during camp and I only be mildly surprised to see him do just that.

Old
01-13-2013, 06:54 AM
EspenK

@TSNBobMcKenzie: I don't go in pools/fantasy drafts but if I did I'd want CBJ's Cam Atkinson on my team. 7G in 27GP in NHL. 49G in 89GP in AHL. #notarookie

Old
01-13-2013, 08:23 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

“@Aportzline: #NHL draft lottery set for April 29, two days after regular-season ends and one day before Stanley Cup playoffs get started.”

“@RobMixer: Good catch by @emptynetters: #NHL intermissions go from 17 to 18 minutes per the terms of the new CBA. #CBJ”

“@RenLavoieRDS: NHL draft will be June 30th. All 7 rounds.”

“@Real_ESPNLeBrun: For this season only - trade deadline will be April 3 while free agency opens July 5”

01-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Gallos provides this quote:

"...from Battle of California (a blog on SBNation), that looked at the last 48 games of last year, a relevant number given the season we are looking at. In that time period, the CBJ finished 13th in the West, still not a playoff team, but not last. This is probably a little bit more realistic for us. There are still of lot of unfinished pieces."

The actual record was 20-25-3, with a 5-1 sprint to the finish. Certainly, this team and situation is much changed; but I thought it provided a little different look at the past season, rather than comparing to the first 48 games or the entire past season. Since I have seen only one other blogger (on HockeyBuzz) place the CBJ anywhere but last, I found it interesting that there might actually be some numbers somewhere in the statistical universe that might support such madness!
You've seen someone predict the Jackets as not-last? Can I see this link? Everywhere I've looked, the attitude has been so overbearingly self-assured that I swear we could go 5-0-0 the next week and still be 30th in every Power Rankings compilation.

Meanwhile, I've already developed this year's test for whether or not someone I'm talking to knows what they're talking about w/r/t the CBJ: how they answer the question "Who is Cam Atkinson?" Seriously, it's like he doesn't exist. It's creepy.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
01-14-2013, 09:38 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
You've seen someone predict the Jackets as not-last? Can I see this link? Everywhere I've looked, the attitude has been so overbearingly self-assured that I swear we could go 5-0-0 the next week and still be 30th in every Power Rankings compilation.

Meanwhile, I've already developed this year's test for whether or not someone I'm talking to knows what they're talking about w/r/t the CBJ: how they answer the question "Who is Cam Atkinson?" Seriously, it's like he doesn't exist. It's creepy.
"His name was Cam Atkinson."

Old
01-15-2013, 05:54 AM
EspenK

That finish projects out to 74 points (with benefit of generous rounding) over a full season. Would have tied with Edmonton for the lowest total in the league. And we know how that turned out.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:37 AM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

I'm in Disney World right now. Yesterday I wore a T with the Jackets logo on it. A Philly fan saw it and said, " you're a Jackets fan?, you and a couple others"! Another guy saw it and said , " sorry about yesterday". I looked at him with that puzzled look and he said " your Texans will be back next year". He thought the CBJ logo with the flag was a Texans logo.

Talk about no respect, most people never heard of us and those that do think we are doomed for extinction! I guess 11 years of losing will do that for you.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

Normally, a non-executive CBJ employee leaving their job is not very noteworthy, but I feel this one is different. Ryan Holtmann, former manager of communications, has left the Blue Jackets for a different job. He was very accessible and always went out of his way to respond to inquiries about specific player stats and many other tidbits of info that fans requested. This fan appreciated that immensely.
Best of luck to Ryan in his future endeavors.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:33 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
I'm in Disney World right now. Yesterday I wore a T with the Jackets logo on it. A Philly fan saw it and said, " you're a Jackets fan?, you and a couple others"! Another guy saw it and said , " sorry about yesterday". I looked at him with that puzzled look and he said " your Texans will be back next year". He thought the CBJ logo with the flag was a Texans logo.

Talk about no respect, most people never heard of us and those that do think we are doomed for extinction! I guess 11 years of losing will do that for you.
The bold part explained it all.

I wear my Jackets hat when I travel and I seem to run into at least one person that wants to talk hockey. I have also notice that people always ask why we have a cannon logo and they seem interested in hearing the story of the teams name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo16 View Post
Normally, a non-executive CBJ employee leaving their job is not very noteworthy, but I feel this one is different. Ryan Holtmann, former manager of communications, has left the Blue Jackets for a different job. He was very accessible and always went out of his way to respond to inquiries about specific player stats and many other tidbits of info that fans requested. This fan appreciated that immensely.
Best of luck to Ryan in his future endeavors.
Other then his Notre Dame and St Louis Cardinals tweets I think he did do a great job.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:34 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

he's been gone for several months...

Old
01-15-2013, 08:42 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I believe it was Ian Esplan, the 'Nucks blogger on HockeyBuzz, who had us at 13, or thereabouts. Unfortunately, I'm not able to link it because I'm not sure how to access their archives and it was a week or more ago. Sorry, Viq.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
he's been gone for several months...
I had not heard the news, and just yesterday saw that he was commenting on his new job.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo16 View Post
I had not heard the news, and just yesterday saw that he was commenting on his new job.
gotcha...

Closed Thread