Old
12-20-2012, 02:08 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Brock Lesnar, for all.
Yeah, same here. I still would fight him but yeah.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

I'd like to see a triple threat match with Ken Shamrock, Brock Lesnar, and Mike Tyson - all in their prime.

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
We all know Brock is the answer, it's really a question of who is best after Brock.

Morozov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 03:00 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
I'd like to see a triple threat match with Ken Shamrock, Brock Lesnar, and Mike Tyson - all in their prime.
Oh Hell no..... That would be a sick fight.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

vCash: 1000
Yeah, it's Lesnar, although I'd pay money to see Punk vs. Bryan in an MMA fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Until someone can show me that someone else is talented outside of pro-wrestling my pick is Lesnar. We've seen Lesnar take out the biggest heavyweights in UFC.

The honorable mentions: Kurt Angle, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler. All five have MMA or amateur wrestling backgrounds.
Wow, that just reminded me of this clip where former Tough Enough contestant Daniel Puder puts Angle in the Kimura Lock.

Angle obviously had no idea the kid would pull out a Kimura Lock, but it shows what someone with the proper training can do, even to someone with as much amateur training as Angle.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

the answer is undertaker.

What would lesnar do when taker has the power to cause a blackout and turn the light on at his convenience?

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 03:59 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
CM Punk

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Ginger Jesus

Lesnar or Kane. Lesnar because he was a UFC champ and Kane because he is a freak of nature

Ginger Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 04:34 PM
monster_bertuzzi

After Lesnar, Khali or Big Show just have to lay one shot on you and you're done. Their hands are the size of you're head.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

One thing to remember is size doesn't mean a whole lot when talking of a real fight and submissions... unless the larger combatant is initiated in MMA or submission fighting. I remember back when UFC first started, Royce Gracie dominated weighing about a buck seventy. I remember a French kick boxer kicking a shower of teeth out of a giant sumo guys mouth.

Even if a smaller submission guy/grappler is on his back, he can still choke out or submit a much larger/stronger guy on top of him.

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 04:41 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Express View Post
I would take Brock in every proposed category. If Angle was in the WWE, then it becomes tougher... but he's not so Brock Lesnar is the only answer. Brock is not a paper tough guy like a Bill Goldberg or Batista who both got their ***** kicked by Jericho and Booker. If we are talking all time and in their prime, then I would take guys like Meng, Danny Hodge, Severn, Shamrock and Kurt Angle over pretty much everyone else.
Meng is an excellent choice is you're going all-time

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 05:23 PM
End of Line
Human After All

This answer is easy.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Jericho didn't kick Goldberg's ass, he seatbelted him. Not that it wasn't impressive, but let's not act like he destroyed him or something.

I'd still take the big guys. People bring up MMA examples, but remember, for the most part those are taking weight classes into consideration. Big Show weighs a lot more than 265. Nothing against Lesnar, but a guy like the Big Show is just a freak of nature.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Brock would be able to chop Show down pretty easily, and once he's off his feet what's he going to do?

These big guys don't have the striking ability of the elite MMA fighters and in a "real" WWE, guys would be able to spring off the ropes to drop kick/shoulder them in the legs to take their legs out from under them. Obviously that's something you couldn't do to a good MMA fighter because if you just ran in at them like that you'd be getting a nice kick to the head, but someone like Show would have a pretty hard time defending himself from that.

and of course, even if you want to argue that the big guys could defend themselves, that's only stopping them from losing, how are they supposed to win? pretty much everyone in WWE would have zero problems avoiding guys like Show, Henry, Khali, how are they going to catch anyone? ignoring Brock, Cena has the mix of both freakish strength and is actually athletic.

Old
12-20-2012, 06:21 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Brock would be able to chop Show down pretty easily, and once he's off his feet what's he going to do?

These big guys don't have the striking ability of the elite MMA fighters and in a "real" WWE, guys would be able to spring off the ropes to drop kick/shoulder them in the legs to take their legs out from under them. Obviously that's something you couldn't do to a good MMA fighter because if you just ran in at them like that you'd be getting a nice kick to the head, but someone like Show would have a pretty hard time defending himself from that.

and of course, even if you want to argue that the big guys could defend themselves, that's only stopping them from losing, how are they supposed to win? pretty much everyone in WWE would have zero problems avoiding guys like Show, Henry, Khali, how are they going to catch anyone? ignoring Brock, Cena has the mix of both freakish strength and is actually athletic.
Uhhh, Brock is pretty legit when it comes to BJJ. Who would even have to possibility of taking him down?

End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Uhhh, Brock is pretty legit when it comes to BJJ. Who would even have to possibility of taking him down?
Uhhh, maybe you should try reading that again.

Old
12-20-2012, 06:28 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Lesnar is the easy choice.

After him, for those of you saying Khali wouldn't do anything...he actually got mad and beat up the Big Show in a REAL backstage fight a few years ago. Something to think sbout, but Id hate to be locked in a cage with that 7'2'' 400 lb creature.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 07:45 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Kane.

Brock Lesnar wrote in his book that Kane was the only person he could never beat in an arm wrestling contest. Kane has tons of strength.
This blows my mind for some reason.

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 08:10 PM
MarleauApologist
#FireDougWilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Kane.

Brock Lesnar wrote in his book that Kane was the only person he could never beat in an arm wrestling contest. Kane has tons of strength.
Strength is not everything though...

Brock Lesnar won a real world championship in the biggest pure fighting promotion in the world, and held the title for the long time...

ADR got his **** smacked in real MMA.

Mark Henry is the official answer, until then, the only logical pick is the guy who won a REAL FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 08:38 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
This blows my mind for some reason.
The only thing that surprises me about him saying that is that by the time Lesnar hit wwe Kane had lost some of the muscle mass he had from his debut years earlier.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

He's possibly some kind of ogre so it seems reasonable

Old
12-21-2012, 05:35 AM
Oil Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks for Cup View Post
Strength is not everything though...

Brock Lesnar won a real world championship in the biggest pure fighting promotion in the world, and held the title for the long time...

ADR got his **** smacked in real MMA.

Mark Henry is the official answer, until then, the only logical pick is the guy who won a REAL FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP
In his prime I think that Kurt Angle would beat Brock , as good as a grappler that Brock is Angle is a legit gold medal winning wrestler.

Oil Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 05:53 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

People say ADR got smacked in real MMA, and while Cro Cop smoked him and he didn't really achieve anything of note in MMA, his record is still decent and the thing is we are comparing him against guys in the WWE, not guys in MMA. Many run of the mill guys in the MMA would dismantle almost everyone in WWE. Nobody in WWE aside from Brock would have had a chance against Cro Cop, they'd all suffer the same fate, kick to the head and night night. Aside from Brock, how did anyone else in WWE do in MMA compared to ADR?

As much as I love and respect Angle, he won his gold medal in a sport where he didn't have to contend with striking unlike Brock winning the UFC belt. Brock would destroy all but a very small few people on the planet. It's one thing to be great at wrestling against another guy wrestling you, it's another thing to be great at wrestling against a guy who can wrestle and can punch you in the face. I think Angle would take apart pretty much anyone in WWE but not Brock.

Last edited by Morozov: 12-21-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old
12-21-2012, 08:30 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Old School

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Yeah... I agree with Morozov here. A trained fighter vs. a physical specimen, and the trained fighter wins just about every time. Angle would be fun to watch here as he has all that wrestling background.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

The fact that you put Khali in the first post boggles my mind. I could beat Khali. Hell, I'm sure my little sister could be Khali.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote