HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tyler Myers

Old
12-20-2012, 02:33 PM
TOGuy14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
I would put him top 5. I do not think there is a goalie in the league who is good enough to be the undisputed #1. There usually isn't.
Top 5 is too big a window.

The top 3 in the league are Lundqvist, Quick and Rinne. I think you can argue positions, but most would likely put Henrik at the top.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Top 5 is too big a window.

The top 3 in the league are Lundqvist, Quick and Rinne. I think you can argue positions, but most would likely put Henrik at the top.
I think of the three, Lundquist has been the only one to consistently put up great games, great stretches and great seasons. Quick needs a few more seasons at his high level to get me wanting to mention him along with Lundquist, and I think Rinne is, at least partially, due to his environment (I guess we'll see with Suter gone...), and personally, 4 seasons of consistent stats show me he's great, but a larger sample size would be needed for me.

Both Quick and Rinne have 249 and 250 games played respectively, while King Henrik has nearly double that at 468.

I won't start a crapstorm by mentioning who I think is in the top 3, but Lundquist is tops this list for me.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 02:48 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
The GM's around the league do, which is why they voted Lundqvist as the Vezina winner. And Runner-up, numerous times since he debuted. Now, who's opinion do I value more? Yours? Or the professionals that are paid to manage their organizations?

Suggesting he's a top-5 would imply that there are 4 other netminders in the league that are arguably superior. I'm curious to hear which other 4 goalies, in your opinion, are arguably better than Lundqvist. . . . . . . . .
Johnaton quick is the only goalie i would say could be argued as better.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

From the Wild I'd offer Tom Gilbert + one of Charlie Coyle or Jason Zucker + Darcy Kuemper.

Myers is a high end defenseman who can play both sides of the rink and of course his size is coveted. He's young and cheap as well.

Gilbert can fill a top four puck moving defenseman role and is now superfluous with the Wild having Suter, Brodin, and Spurgeon.

Charlie Coyle and Jason Zucker are high end forward prospects who I would project to be 20-30 goal scorers in the NHL. One is more of a power forward and one is more of a small speedy sniper.

Darcy Kuemper is a very good goaltending prospect who's really caught in the waiting line. The Wild would like to bring Johan Gustafsson over to North America and with Harding and Hackett ahead of him, Kuemper's going to get lost in the shuffle.

It would also open up a couple contract spots for Minnesota as we are close to 50 right now.

I'd also totally understand Buffalo saying no because Myers is the best player. But I think it's a fair offer.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Johnaton quick is the only goalie i would say could be argued as better.
I don't think Pekka doesn't deserve to be in the running, imo. That's why top-3 is a far assessment. Top-5 though? Other than Quick and Rinne, which other netminder in the league can you say is deserving?

Last edited by Boom Boom Geoffrion*: 12-20-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post

Darcy Kuemper is a very good goaltending prospect who's really caught in the waiting line. The Wild would like to bring Johan Gustafsson over to North America and with Harding and Hackett ahead of him, Kuemper's going to get lost in the shuffle.
It's a shame too because I think Keumper's going to be a regular NHL'r.

What would the Wild be looking for in exchange for Darcy from the Rangers?

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 03:57 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
From the Wild I'd offer Tom Gilbert + one of Charlie Coyle or Jason Zucker + Darcy Kuemper.

Myers is a high end defenseman who can play both sides of the rink and of course his size is coveted. He's young and cheap as well.

Gilbert can fill a top four puck moving defenseman role and is now superfluous with the Wild having Suter, Brodin, and Spurgeon.

Charlie Coyle and Jason Zucker are high end forward prospects who I would project to be 20-30 goal scorers in the NHL. One is more of a power forward and one is more of a small speedy sniper.

It would also open up a couple contract spots for Minnesota as we are close to 50 right now.

I'd also totally understand Buffalo saying no because Myers is the best player. But I think it's a fair offer.
I'd offer more than that, I think. I'd have no qualms about something like the below. Even then, I wouldn't blame Buffalo at all for passing... I think they'd be looking for more along the lines of one higher end NHL asset in similar situation.

Setoguchi
Clutterbuck
2013 First Round (Depending on how this draft system shakes out -- Say #12 Overall+)
Dumba

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 04:03 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I don't think Pekka doesn't deserve to be in the running, imo. That's why top-3 is a far assessment. Top-5 though? Other than Quick and Rinne, which other netminder in the league can you say is deserving?
I agree theres a drop off after lundqvist and quick. There talent is equal in my mind maybe a slight edge to lundqvist but to me i take quick way before id take lundqvist He s younger and on a better long term cap hit. For the difference in talent i ll take the younger developing goalie then the older one. Just my opinion thou

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 04:14 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I'd offer more than that, I think. I'd have no qualms about something like the below. Even then, I wouldn't blame Buffalo at all for passing... I think they'd be looking for more along the lines of one higher end NHL asset in similar situation.

Setoguchi
Clutterbuck
2013 First Round (Depending on how this draft system shakes out -- Say #12 Overall+)
Dumba
Theres all kinds of value in this deal and value to be had from Minnesota however sets and clutterbuck is overkill because when the next season starts the sabres are going to have about 20 forwards you could argue should be on the NHL team. They will have their same 2012 roster, plus tropp back, grigorenko, girgenson, and possibly armia. With that in mind Sets becomes usless to us. Clutterbuck fits exactly the style the sabres are trying to build however and I could see him being very enticing to darcy regeir...imagine having to play against clutt and ott on the same line...maybe throw in kaleta...itd be the most hated line(and defensively superb) in the league.

Coyle intrigues me alot as does Philips and I think Dumba intrigues everyone...if ever there were a team that could pry Myers from me itd prolly be Minnesota.

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 04:34 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
Theres all kinds of value in this deal and value to be had from Minnesota however sets and clutterbuck is overkill because when the next season starts the sabres are going to have about 20 forwards you could argue should be on the NHL team. They will have their same 2012 roster, plus tropp back, grigorenko, girgenson, and possibly armia. With that in mind Sets becomes usless to us. Clutterbuck fits exactly the style the sabres are trying to build however and I could see him being very enticing to darcy regeir...imagine having to play against clutt and ott on the same line...maybe throw in kaleta...itd be the most hated line(and defensively superb) in the league.

Coyle intrigues me alot as does Philips and I think Dumba intrigues everyone...if ever there were a team that could pry Myers from me itd prolly be Minnesota.
Understandable. In reality, there would be far too many moving parts to make something like this happen. Especially given that the Wild would need to find a way to make the cap situation work out and still be able to provide value to any potential deal.

But yes, I do think this organization has some parts that would be prime to be able to add a higher end defenseman. And doing so would set their defensive corps for the foreseeable future and it's a big reason why I think they should attempt to do it. Obviously, Tyler Myers is a complete dream scenario, but, still.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
It's a shame too because I think Keumper's going to be a regular NHL'r.

What would the Wild be looking for in exchange for Darcy from the Rangers?
2nd rounder.

Dr Jan Itor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 05:34 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:

Agreed on all points. Clutterbuck, Dumba, Coyle are all very intriguing and would fit Buffalo's needs to a T. A package around those guys could certainly get me to consider moving Myers.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Kloparren
Hth

I'm a fan of Myers tbh but from what I understand, this forum extremely underrates him. They don't watch Buffalo a tonne (I live in the GTA so I've seen them quite a bit).

My observation on Myers is that at his best he's easily a no1 dman with the tools to be a Norris winner. His undervalue is a result of a 3 month slump in his sophomore season and a slight slump last year plus decreased point production due to him playing a more defensive role due to Ehrhoff and also injuries. His issue from what I've seen is that he does poorly with certain D partners and he's not assertive enough in jumping in the offense though that latter part usually fixes itself as dmen age assuming they have the proper offensive potential.

So atm, Myers is quite undervalued and it's not the right time to move him if the Sabres needed to theoretically. Based on how he played at his peak for small parts of last season between injuries and that slump, he was a top 10 dman.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:

Myers for Granlund

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:52 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

I'd offer Phil Kessel but without an extension I doubt the Sabres accept. I wouldn't mind it if my Leafs just stocked up on defensemen. Phil Kessel + J-M Liles for Tyler Myers + Tyler Ennis

GordieHoweHatTrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 12:17 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
I'd offer Phil Kessel but without an extension I doubt the Sabres accept. I wouldn't mind it if my Leafs just stocked up on defensemen. Phil Kessel + J-M Liles for Tyler Myers + Tyler Ennis
Honestly even if Kessel were signed for several more years I'd want nothing to do with a Kessel for Myers swap. I've never liked Kessel as a player. Adding Liles and Ennis to the equation makes it even worse for Buffalo.

Old
12-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
I'm a fan of Myers tbh but from what I understand, this forum extremely underrates him. They don't watch Buffalo a tonne (I live in the GTA so I've seen them quite a bit).

My observation on Myers is that at his best he's easily a no1 dman with the tools to be a Norris winner. His undervalue is a result of a 3 month slump in his sophomore season and a slight slump last year plus decreased point production due to him playing a more defensive role due to Ehrhoff and also injuries. His issue from what I've seen is that he does poorly with certain D partners and he's not assertive enough in jumping in the offense though that latter part usually fixes itself as dmen age assuming they have the proper offensive potential.

So atm, Myers is quite undervalued and it's not the right time to move him if the Sabres needed to theoretically. Based on how he played at his peak for small parts of last season between injuries and that slump, he was a top 10 dman.
I think this forum does underrate him quite a bit. But certainly Buffalo knows what they have in him and other GM's also know he's as close to unavailable as it gets.

Jack Donaghy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 12:30 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Honestly even if Kessel were signed for several more years I'd want nothing to do with a Kessel for Myers swap. I've never liked Kessel as a player. Adding Liles and Ennis to the equation makes it even worse for Buffalo.
That I knew but I think Kessel is more valuable now, that's why I made the addition. I think Myers will be more valuable than Kessel in the future though and he'll develop into a 2-way stud for Buffalo. If you don't like Kessel that's all fine and dandy too

Old
12-21-2012, 02:01 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
That I knew but I think Kessel is more valuable now, that's why I made the addition. I think Myers will be more valuable than Kessel in the future though and he'll develop into a 2-way stud for Buffalo. If you don't like Kessel that's all fine and dandy too
It would just be so difficult to make a trade of this magnitude within the division. Myers could haunt the sabres for the next 10+ years if we traded him to the leafs. I'd honestly rather make a trade with a team like the wild. They have the necessary assets that we'd need in return (Granlund, Dumba, Coyle, Clutterbuck) and we wouldn't have to deal with Myers in the same division.

Old
12-21-2012, 02:07 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Myers for Granlund
I'd be very interested to see what wild fans think of this... I'd probably do it. I think Granlund is going to be a stud.

Old
12-21-2012, 02:39 PM
DJN21

Quote:
This offer is a joke right? I wouldnt trade Myers in the division for Kessel, Liles+ let alone you throwing Ennis in the deal? Kessel is the epitome of a one dimension goal scoring winger...we already have that in Vanek

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 02:49 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
This offer is a joke right? I wouldnt trade Myers in the division for Kessel, Liles+ let alone you throwing Ennis in the deal? Kessel is the epitome of a one dimension goal scoring winger...we already have that in Vanek
Except Kessel is better than Vanek.

It was just conversation, more a testament of how much I like Tyler Myers (willing to give up TML's best player) than the basis of a legitimate proposal. Anyway, as much as the Sabres would be trading Myers within the division, the Leafs would be trading Kessel within the division too so with that I just gotta say, take off the homer goggles

Old
12-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Myers for Granlund
Not saying I'd do this trade, especially since the Wild were dead last in scoring last season...

However, I don't think Buffalo fans would like the idea of trading away an NHLer for a prospect - even if the prospect is Granlund.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
I'd be very interested to see what wild fans think of this... I'd probably do it. I think Granlund is going to be a stud.
I wouldn't do it, as it opens up a sizable hole in the #2C position. Unless we luck out and draft MacKinnon...

Dr Jan Itor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 03:23 PM
showtime8

My question to a lot of people is, how long did it take Zdeno Chara to come into his own in the league? He wasn't as high of a pick, but at the time his skating really set him back and had some doubt about how he would put it all together.

Tyler Myers is ahead of Chara where he was at in his career IMO and I think that he still has a way to go.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote