HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Predators - Flames

Old
12-12-2012, 02:23 PM
HockeyFan100
#FreeRedmond

vCash: 500
Predators - Flames

To

Jay Bouwmeester
2014 2nd pick

To

David Legwand
Kevin Klein

---
Flames get a decent top-6 center, a good d-man pairing for Wideman. Preds get a defenseman to (somewhat) replace Suter, with a 2nd draft round pick added.

HockeyFan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Top 6 Spaling

No chance. A deal has been discussed around Blum+3rd for JBo, but that's as high as I'm willing to go. At their $$$, especially in a money challenged market, I'm not sure I wouldn't just take Klein over JBo, so no chance I add Leggy.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:28 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Nashville would never go for that. Especially after the contract they gave Weber.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 03:16 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan100 View Post
To

Jay Bouwmeester
2014 2nd pick

To

David Legwand
Kevin Klein

---
Flames get a decent top-6 center, a good d-man pairing for Wideman. Preds get a defenseman to (somewhat) replace Suter, with a 2nd draft round pick added.
No, no no no no. Bringing in Legwand to patch our Center, while opening a bigger hole on D is not a solution for the Flames. We also give up a pick? Massive pass.

If Bouw is moved, the team is quite likely getting blown up in the near future, so we need good young players. Ellis, Blum ect.

I think we have had this exact thread before and the consensus ended up being something around Blum and anything from a Conditional 1st to a 3rd.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 05:14 PM
preds1

vCash: 605
Legwand has a NTC and will more than likely retire a Pred.
No way we give up Klein, especially with the solid contract extension.

I'll pass.

preds1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 05:51 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
I would pass we can't keep giving away 2nd round picks and Legwand is just a patch not a solution to our center problems.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 05:54 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Nashville would never go for that. Especially after the contract they gave Weber.
I think that contract is the kicker. Nashville probably can't afford anymore large contract of any sort with the insane financial burden they've taken on over the first couple of years of that contract.

SmellOfVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Guido Sarducci

Flames say YES. I stopped reading after Bouwmeester. Have fun Nashville.

Guido Sarducci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Puckgenius*

Id trade JayBo for Klein straight up.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Devilspuppet666

no.... im expecting a better performance from jay-bo with the addition of wideman and hopefully brodie stepping into a top 4 role next year (i dont think there will be a this season, and this is a great chance to develop and to work with ward). i also think a offensive orientated system (that Hartley should bring) will help bring him to 35-40 points

AND i dont believe lewgand wound help us... we have cammy who did well last season in that position, backlund (who i think will get a big chance to prove himself), and a HUGE ? in cervenka (who i hope will sign with us again, although he might be miffed about the lockout......)

also i would want stajan (dont care if hes not as good) or horak on the third line C

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 05:57 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Value is way off from Nashville's perspective.

12-16-2012, 09:27 PM
kresco

I love these bowmeester threads. Everyone seriously undervalues Bowmeester. Yes hes not a 50-60 point Def man recently, however there is way more to look at than just his stats. First off Look at his defence partner. Now Im not meaning to run him down but Butler is a first line defence man?? In Florida Bowmeester was able to do his run and gun style that comes naturally to him as he was pair with guys like Mcabe, Ballard, Montador just a few of his partners. they are seasoned Defencemen who might not be the superstars to the league were still very comfortable holding back to allow Bowmeester to do his thing. Bowmeester had never had to play very defensively until he came to Calgary. He was then thrown into a complete different style than he had ever played and on top of that he was paired with a guy who couldnt crack Buffalo''s lineup and they were put on the first line as the defensive shutdown men. I understand Calgary had to spread the wealth of D as they really only had Giordano and Bowmeester but people expected him to get 50 points? His first year there was only 2 Flames who broke the 50 point barrier. The same thing the year after. On a team with so few point producing players how would anyone expect him to produce like he did in florida? Also Bowmeester was deployed mainly in the PK allowing Giordano to play the PP predominately. So how does a guy who comes to a team where only 2 people crack 50 points doesnt get alot of PP time and who is lined up with a guy who struggled who struggled to make a team in the bottom paring come out looking like an all star? He doesnt. Every Superstar Def in the league look at their partners. (Weber - Suter - Blum - Ellis (well see what happens now weber and Suter are seperate), (D Keith - Seabrook - Hjalmarrsson), (Kronwall - Lidstrom), (Mcdonagh -Girardi - Delzotto - Staal), (Yandal - D Morris - OML - Michalek), (Vlasic Boyle Burns), (Hamhuis - Bieksa - Edler), (Green - Carlson - Alzner), (Byfuglien - Enstrom - Bogosian) Doughty, Johnson (I know he left but look at Doughtys points since) Scuderi - Mitchell. Bowmeester is still one hell of a defensman, the fact that he takes all the critisism and every game he comes out and skates hard giving his best speaks volumes as well. There is no way in hell I let him go for anything less than a 1C or a top 4 D and a good prospect. If he gets matched up with Gio or Wideman this year everyone will finally see what he can actually do.

kresco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Guido Sarducci

Quote:
Originally Posted by kresco View Post
I love these bowmeester threads. Everyone seriously undervalues Bowmeester. Yes hes not a 50-60 point Def man recently, however there is way more to look at than just his stats.
His intangibles?

Guido Sarducci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:17 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

How does this help either team...?

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:50 PM
MAK19

Quote:
I love these bowmeester threads. Everyone seriously undervalues Bowmeester. Yes hes not a 50-60 point Def man recently, however there is way more to look at than just his stats. First off Look at his defence partner. Now Im not meaning to run him down but Butler is a first line defence man?? In Florida Bowmeester was able to do his run and gun style that comes naturally to him as he was pair with guys like Mcabe, Ballard, Montador just a few of his partners. they are seasoned Defencemen who might not be the superstars to the league were still very comfortable holding back to allow Bowmeester to do his thing. Bowmeester had never had to play very defensively until he came to Calgary. He was then thrown into a complete different style than he had ever played and on top of that he was paired with a guy who couldnt crack Buffalo''s lineup and they were put on the first line as the defensive shutdown men. I understand Calgary had to spread the wealth of D as they really only had Giordano and Bowmeester but people expected him to get 50 points? His first year there was only 2 Flames who broke the 50 point barrier. The same thing the year after. On a team with so few point producing players how would anyone expect him to produce like he did in florida? Also Bowmeester was deployed mainly in the PK allowing Giordano to play the PP predominately. So how does a guy who comes to a team where only 2 people crack 50 points doesnt get alot of PP time and who is lined up with a guy who struggled who struggled to make a team in the bottom paring come out looking like an all star? He doesnt. Every Superstar Def in the league look at their partners. (Weber - Suter - Blum - Ellis (well see what happens now weber and Suter are seperate), (D Keith - Seabrook - Hjalmarrsson), (Kronwall - Lidstrom), (Mcdonagh -Girardi - Delzotto - Staal), (Yandal - D Morris - OML - Michalek), (Vlasic Boyle Burns), (Hamhuis - Bieksa - Edler), (Green - Carlson - Alzner), (Byfuglien - Enstrom - Bogosian) Doughty, Johnson (I know he left but look at Doughtys points since) Scuderi - Mitchell. Bowmeester is still one hell of a defensman, the fact that he takes all the critisism and every game he comes out and skates hard giving his best speaks volumes as well. There is no way in hell I let him go for anything less than a 1C or a top 4 D and a good prospect. If he gets matched up with Gio or Wideman this year everyone will finally see what he can actually do.
LOL. This huge post just to rag on Butler. Butler was better than J-Bo last year. Better.

Butler played 89% of his even strength time with JBo. JBo only 67% of his time with Butler because Butler missed some games.

If they played 100% of the time together, the following stats would be equal for both. The differences come from their time apart, a bigger amount for JBo.

Butler and Bouw both played against top lines.
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...4+25+26+27+28#

Both had the lowest % of zone starts in the offensive zone

So both were used defensively very much.

Bouwmeester was on for 50 goals for. Butler for 47. Despite Butler playing 14 less games than Bouw.

So, Butler was on for more goals for per ice time than Bouw. The difference is quite high actually. Therefore Butler is better offensively.

(Again, remember that their numbers would be identical if they played 100% of the time together. They played a lot together, so Butler being that much higher indicates he carried JBo, as JBo was very very low in limited time without him)

JBo was on the ice for 66 goals against, Butler for 51.

If adjusted for total ice time, they are roughly the same. They give up the same amount of goals per ice time.

So, they're pretty much the same defensively. Bouw did not improve when he was away from Butler. Not at all.

If we consider both offense and defense, Butler > Bouwmeester. In fact Bouw has the worst all around numbers on his whole team (though playing against top lines is a huge disadvantage, one which Butler shares though)

In fact, the Flames performed best when Bouw was Off the ice

Boom, huge post showing Butler > Bouwmeester in 2011-12.

Also, Butler had more hits and 3 less blocked shots in 14 less games for all you simple folk out there.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 12:07 AM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Disgusting offer. I'd rather have Klein than Bouwmeester.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 02:01 AM
ESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
LOL. This huge post just to rag on Butler. Butler was better than J-Bo last year. Better.

Butler played 89% of his even strength time with JBo. JBo only 67% of his time with Butler because Butler missed some games.

If they played 100% of the time together, the following stats would be equal for both. The differences come from their time apart, a bigger amount for JBo.

Butler and Bouw both played against top lines.

Both had the lowest % of zone starts in the offensive zone

So both were used defensively very much.

Bouwmeester was on for 50 goals for. Butler for 47. Despite Butler playing 14 less games than Bouw.

So, Butler was on for more goals for per ice time than Bouw. The difference is quite high actually. Therefore Butler is better offensively.

(Again, remember that their numbers would be identical if they played 100% of the time together. They played a lot together, so Butler being that much higher indicates he carried JBo, as JBo was very very low in limited time without him)

JBo was on the ice for 66 goals against, Butler for 51.

If adjusted for total ice time, they are roughly the same. They give up the same amount of goals per ice time.

So, they're pretty much the same defensively. Bouw did not improve when he was away from Butler. Not at all.

If we consider both offense and defense, Butler > Bouwmeester. In fact Bouw has the worst all around numbers on his whole team (though playing against top lines is a huge disadvantage, one which Butler shares though)

In fact, the Flames performed best when Bouw was Off the ice

Boom, huge post showing Butler > Bouwmeester in 2011-12.

Also, Butler had more hits and 3 less blocked shots in 14 less games for all you simple folk out there.
Saying that Butler is better offensively than Bouwmeester because he was on for more goals for is ridiculous.

ESH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 02:06 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
If J-Bo could play center, Nashville would be all over this.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 02:08 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
I'm not even going to read past the 2nd sentence there.

Who on earth is going to read a paragraph that large? Do you even want people to read what you're typing?

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 01:38 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido Sarducci View Post
His intangibles?
Statistics are notoriously bad at measuring defensive contributions; particularly traditional stats. Advanced stats are better, but they're not perfect either.

SmellOfVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 02:02 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESH View Post
Saying that Butler is better offensively than Bouwmeester because he was on for more goals for is ridiculous.
OK. Sure. Maybe the Flames went cold when Butler was out of the lineup and Bouwmeester played with someone else. Maybe they went cold and it wasn't Bouw's fault.

Butler still has better offensive numbers and equal defensive numbers, despite having the same responsibility.

Saying Bouwmeester was dragged down by Butler is equally ridiculous.

Face it guys, Bouw is awful. #4 D at best on a good team. No brains, no intensity, no heart. Huge contract. No team in their right mind would want a #4 D with that baggage.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 02:15 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
OK. Sure. Maybe the Flames went cold when Butler was out of the lineup and Bouwmeester played with someone else. Maybe they went cold and it wasn't Bouw's fault.

Butler still has better offensive numbers and equal defensive numbers, despite having the same responsibility.

Saying Bouwmeester was dragged down by Butler is equally ridiculous.

Face it guys, Bouw is awful. #4 D at best on a good team. No brains, no intensity, no heart. Huge contract. No team in their right mind would want a #4 D with that baggage.
You mean around the time we also lost Tanguay, Glencross, and Cammy was in and out of the lineup hurt? I wonder how we never scored with Butler out

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I'm not even going to read past the 2nd sentence there.

Who on earth is going to read a paragraph that large? Do you even want people to read what you're typing?
All that paragraph would have done is encourage more people to read the nonsense that I just forced my way into.

My vision is blurry, and I dislike Jbo even more after reading someone trying to praise his intangibles and mock Butler when he clearly outplayed Jbo last year.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 03:43 PM
TylerSVT*

Id say no to this simply because i dont see much Value in what NSH is sending our way, plus were giving up a 2nd.

Doesnt really fill a need for the Flames either.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 03:49 PM
showtime8

What's with all the hate for Jay Bouwmeester?

I think that he's a good defenseman playing in a terrible system.

showtime8 is online now   Reply With Quote