HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 184: Surprised Panda Is Surprised

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2012, 09:35 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Buy the NHL player's jersey. Say you customized it for her.
/help

Old
12-20-2012, 09:37 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
So, I'm going to go against every instinct I have and ask the TaN for lady advice. But only some of you, and I'll explain why.

I posted about the girl I met the other night. Turns out she's half Swedish, and culturally very Swedish, her father is from Goteborg, she shares a surname with a Swedish NHL player, she speaks the language, and she even has a slight accent when she speaks English, even though she was mostly raised here.

With this knowledge, I ask my Swedish friends here in the TaN, how do I woo her more effectively? I really like this girl, and she seems to like me, but I want to make the connection even more special by making an attempt to learn more about the culture. Any advice is appreciated.
Take her to IKEA.

Old
12-20-2012, 09:38 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Take her to IKEA.
Hey baby, Ima gonna take you out for a real authentic Swedish dinner.

Old
12-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Buy the NHL player's jersey. Say you customized it for her.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Point Man View Post
I'm not Swedish, but a more important question, does she like hockey?
Yes. Or at least she is aware of the passion hockey fans can have, and that is good enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Take her to IKEA.
No.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

You could ask on the Rangers board for some advice. I was actually getting a bunch of advice over there on my love life!

I really was no joke. As for me I have no advice cause I'm afraid of girls. Or at least I act like it.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:09 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

January is going to be a VERY cold month.

There has been a ton of cold air bottling up and being held in the Arctic and much of Canada, and it's just waiting to be poured onto the USA. B-R-I-N-G I-T-!

Old
12-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Jiri Bicek
Rusty Shackleford

Send a message via AIM to Jiri Bicek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
So... who knows about Hoboken and/or Jersey City neighborhoods for young professionals who need easy access to NYC without spending a fortune on rent and don't want to have to drive much.

Ready.... Go.
I made the move to Downtown Jersey City 2-months ago, and love it.. Some really nice apartments around Grove St (I'm right around the corner from there)..Especially the more you go towards the waterfront.. You'll have access to either Grove or Newport Path stations, and the Light Rail to Hoboken, too.. I really lucked out and found a great deal for rent, but there's definite affordable options around here

As for a car, you just have to follow the annoying street cleaning rules, and you can get a yearly pass for like $15

Shoot me a txt if you really want to talk about the area around here more

Old
12-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
January is going to be a VERY cold month.

There has been a ton of cold air bottling up and being held in the Arctic and much of Canada, and it's just waiting to be poured onto the USA. B-R-I-N-G I-T-!
I thought the world was ending today?!

Old
12-21-2012, 12:02 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I thought the world was ending today?!
Depends whether you believe Mayan artifacts or Oreo cookies.

L]

Old
12-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Arrive at my level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Hey baby, Ima gonna take you out for a real authentic Swedish dinner.
I actually laughed out loud.

And I was playing around, Saugus I'm Swedish too. I'd just say understanding culture (But not getting weird about it) and you know, just ease into it a bit

Old
12-21-2012, 01:17 AM
HeliDevil
Bear Down

Get her a giant bag of Swedish Fish

Old
12-21-2012, 01:23 AM
holikwillfindyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
So, I'm going to go against every instinct I have and ask the TaN for lady advice. But only some of you, and I'll explain why.

I posted about the girl I met the other night. Turns out she's half Swedish, and culturally very Swedish, her father is from Goteborg, she shares a surname with a Swedish NHL player, she speaks the language, and she even has a slight accent when she speaks English, even though she was mostly raised here.

With this knowledge, I ask my Swedish friends here in the TaN, how do I woo her more effectively? I really like this girl, and she seems to like me, but I want to make the connection even more special by making an attempt to learn more about the culture. Any advice is appreciated.
Dude, I dated a Swedish chick for a year and a half. She was from the North...like wayyyy north (Skelleftea). Blonde bombshell. Had the sexiest Swedish accent. It was definitely one of those love at first sight moments. I met her while I was studying/partying at IED in Italy for two years. Long story short...I will never enter a relationship with another Swede. Ever. No joke, first year was fantastic. The next six months were pure ****ing hell. She literally made me her *****. And Im not a fan of that. Be wary man, I'm telling you. After that harrowing experience Im totally content with girls from the good ol' U.S of A.

Old
12-21-2012, 01:40 AM
VaxjoDevil

I wouldn't dare to give advice since I don't know the girl, but my experience is that any person finds it impressive when you have something l to say about their country, but above the cliches (which are only annoying).

So, I guess you should start to tell her that you really admire Sweden (don't care if you don't, this is to get the girl right?) and that it seems to you as a country with:

1) Beautiful people (this is also flatter to her) Remember, "people" not "girls" haha.
2) A country with a social welfare system which permits people to feel less threatened by life and therefore, they are happier and often kinder. Life is not such a ****ing competition always.
3) There is too much uniformity of political thought (this might not be good to say, to a girl it signals "boring" a bit, but you could throw it in there a little nonchalant somewhere)
4) It's funny how you can't get Swedish Fish in Sweden.
5) Zlatan Ibrahimovich is freaking boss.

(To number 5, if she is not a Ranger fan, you can add that he is approx. 12047852410875021 times more of a star in Sweden that Henrik Lundquist)

Old
12-21-2012, 01:42 AM
VaxjoDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by holikwillfindyou View Post
Dude, I dated a Swedish chick for a year and a half. She was from the North...like wayyyy north (Skelleftea). Blonde bombshell. Had the sexiest Swedish accent. It was definitely one of those love at first sight moments. I met her while I was studying/partying at IED in Italy for two years. Long story short...I will never enter a relationship with another Swede. Ever. No joke, first year was fantastic. The next six months were pure ****ing hell. She literally made me her *****. And Im not a fan of that. Be wary man, I'm telling you. After that harrowing experience Im totally content with girls from the good ol' U.S of A.
Haha, this is true. Swedish men are so *****whipped it's an absolute disgrace.

Old
12-21-2012, 02:02 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Arrive at my level

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
Haha, this is true. Swedish men are so *****whipped it's an absolute disgrace.
I'm a half Swedish man. Unwhipped. I think it depends on the level of assertion of both genders.

Old
12-21-2012, 04:15 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

I'm alive.

Old
12-21-2012, 05:19 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Bicek View Post
I made the move to Downtown Jersey City 2-months ago, and love it.. Some really nice apartments around Grove St (I'm right around the corner from there)..Especially the more you go towards the waterfront.. You'll have access to either Grove or Newport Path stations, and the Light Rail to Hoboken, too.. I really lucked out and found a great deal for rent, but there's definite affordable options around here

As for a car, you just have to follow the annoying street cleaning rules, and you can get a yearly pass for like $15

Old
12-21-2012, 05:32 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by holikwillfindyou View Post
I will keep that in mind. I have a feeling that this is my next gf and my relationships tend to go long, so I might run into that. But she was partially raised here so I hope that negates some of that tendency. We'll see, a lot depends on the individual girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
I wouldn't dare to give advice since I don't know the girl, but my experience is that any person finds it impressive when you have something l to say about their country, but above the cliches (which are only annoying).

So, I guess you should start to tell her that you really admire Sweden (don't care if you don't, this is to get the girl right?) and that it seems to you as a country with:

1) Beautiful people (this is also flatter to her) Remember, "people" not "girls" haha.
2) A country with a social welfare system which permits people to feel less threatened by life and therefore, they are happier and often kinder. Life is not such a ****ing competition always.
3) There is too much uniformity of political thought (this might not be good to say, to a girl it signals "boring" a bit, but you could throw it in there a little nonchalant somewhere)
4) It's funny how you can't get Swedish Fish in Sweden.
5) Zlatan Ibrahimovich is freaking boss.

(To number 5, if she is not a Ranger fan, you can add that he is approx. 12047852410875021 times more of a star in Sweden that Henrik Lundquist)
This is what I was looking for, thanks.

I do genuinely admire Sweden, that does help. Yes, I was going to mention Ibra for sure. We debated about the existence and nature of God on the night we met, politics and philosophy will not bore this girl. Part of the reason I'm attracted to her, honestly. I name-dropped freaking Gustavus Adolphus and she had something intelligent to say.

And you're right that people are impressed when you understand something about their culture. I was impressed with her for knowing more than most people do about India. I told her where my parents are from and she actually knew where the place was. I think she has a lot of Indian friends.

Old
12-21-2012, 05:43 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

Geeeez it's really ****ing windy out. Some rain too.

Old
12-21-2012, 07:41 AM
selyar
Need cupcakes?

i have zero Swedish advice for you Saugus, but wish you the best of luck in your lady adventures

Old
12-21-2012, 07:57 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Bicek View Post

I almost definitely will be sending you a text or Facebook message or something. Thanks dude.

That's probably the area that I'm going to look in, but I know that if you go too far in any direction it isn't that great... I'm not really looking until April/May though, so I got time.

Old
12-21-2012, 08:02 AM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
Last day of class, looking forward to catching up on sleep over the next few days.

Old
12-21-2012, 08:10 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

instead of posting why an autistic kid would not have strapped bombs to his chest (a la Al Qaeda) were there no guns available, I’m going to post about this instead:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/20/tech/w...ss_mostpopular

pretty neat stuff. try to pause at 9:30 along with countless others, on BOTH sides of ‘the debate’.

Old
12-21-2012, 08:22 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

heres the thing about the end of the world. yes, its funny to make fun of those who believe it. but does anybody? does anybody here know somebody personally who believes the world will end today? I don’t. seems like we’re making fun of a bunch of dead mayans, who did much more with much less than we could’ve at the time. did the mayans spawn the kardashians? and, given that they never said the world would end in the first place, who is truly dumber? I’d venture a guess that we are.

Old
12-21-2012, 08:46 AM
CerebralGenesis

I had no idea what was happening since I read this thread backwards. But I'm glad Saugus got some help instead of being trolled by the whole thread and community.

Closed Thread