HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Undo a trade in the past 2 seasons! (Since summer 2010)

Old
12-20-2012, 07:15 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

vCash: 500
Schenn for JVR

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 07:15 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Versteeg for a 1st and 3rd.

I liked versteeg, should've been MacArthur instead, but obviously you can't deal a player having a 60 pt season at the time.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Flat Stanley

If I had to choose one Penguins trade, it would be Zbynek Michalek for Harrison Ruopp, Marc Cheverie and a 3rd round pick.

I don't hate the trade, Ruopp was a guy Pittsburgh was looking at in the 2nd round in 2011 before they took Harrington, then he ended up being selected with the 3rd round pick we traded so we got a player we wanted. I just think the Pens could have worked out a better deal with the Coyotes.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

None from Boston...

Only one that comes close is the Kaberle, but we won the cup last year. We might not have without him, I'm happy with the way it turned out. Colborne had no future with us, it was the the last pick in the 1st round(which we had the 9th in,) and a 2nd.

Besides that you can't criticize Chiarelli for pretty much anything... Kelly and Peverley are crucial to this team and we didn't break the bank by any means getting them. Kampfer didn't have that much of a future, Zanon was "meh" but good enough, and finally Rolston and Mottau actually played a big role late in the season.. We gave the Islanders 2 ECHL-for-life players. Wouldn't undo any trade.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 08:09 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post

Viktor Stalberg, Chris DiDomenico and Philippe Paradis

Kris Versteeg and Bill Sweatt

Wasn't worth losing Stalberg alone, nevermind a big C and DiDomenico, who would've been a fan favourite la Darcy Tucker once he graduated to the Leafs roster (should it have ever happened).
Stalberg is a borderline 3rd/2nd liner, while Dido and Paradis will never play a game in the NHL.

Stuart Percy (picked with the 1st acquired for Versteeg) should be a solid Dman for us for years to come. Dido is currently playing in Italy (...and not because of the lockout). Paradis currently has 3 pts in 15 AHL games. Hes a definite bust.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post

Viktor Stalberg, Chris DiDomenico and Philippe Paradis

Kris Versteeg and Bill Sweatt

Wasn't worth losing Stalberg alone, nevermind a big C and DiDomenico, who would've been a fan favourite la Darcy Tucker once he graduated to the Leafs roster (should it have ever happened).
lol wut.. Stalberg had no chance of recieving a 1st in value, and Versteeg was decentish, And that's funny if you think Didomenico is going to become something near Tucker, that would be Ross' future. And the 1st we got from Versteeg, is now Percy, a OHL captain with a good potential to become a solid #4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Can't think of one for Boston.
I know you guys defend it with we won the cup, but really, that Kaberle trade turned out to be worse than a ufa signing, in February calibre.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Guido Sarducci

I'd like to undo the Flames hiring Jay Feaster. Which would then undo every move he has made.

Guido Sarducci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Cool Beans Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
lol wut.. Stalberg had no chance of recieving a 1st in value, and Versteeg was decentish, And that's funny if you think Didomenico is going to become something near Tucker, that would be Ross' future. And the 1st we got from Versteeg, is now Percy, a OHL captain with a good potential to become a solid #4.

I know you guys defend it with we won the cup, but really, that Kaberle trade turned out to be worse than a ufa signing, in February calibre.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kaberle lead the Bruins defencemen in playoff scoring. Gotta count for something.

Cool Beans Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 09:23 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Given that we have a Holtby, no ****

Between Holtby and Varlamov I still think Varlamov will ultimately be better. Similar mental state, more talent.
Calm down buddy i'm just saying that I am glad with how things went and I am happy to have Holtby as our starter and Forsberg on our team.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Any Leaf fan that wouldn't undo the Kessel trade is not being real.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Cool Beans Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Not necessarily. If it was Seguin/Hamilton for Kessel, sure. But it was 2 unknowns, and the Leafs were a lot worse than we all expected. Apparently goalies are important.

At the time it was great, and Kessel has been really solid for us.

Cool Beans Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensational View Post
You're a fool to think the Habs won that trade.
Never said they did, but they lost more in Kaberle vs Spacek IMHO. I would have loved that 4.25 million cap space. Cammaleri was kinda actively getting himself out of town by saying the team was playing with a loser mentality and other GMs knew it.

Could we have got a better return for Cammaleri? Sure, but you guys make it sound like it was Gomez 2.0. Hell, knowing Timmins' talent with second rounders and how deep that draft is, wouldn't be surprised to get an impact player as good as Cammaleri from that 2nd. Holland may become a third liner and Bourque is habitually a 20-goal scorer.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Hey bud, most of us would, but if you were to look at the criteria which is summer 2010, and as the Kessel trade was made in summer of 09, that's why it hasn't been posted.

Your username was a good choice.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 09:50 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Undo the Ballard trade.

-GMMG feels forced to re-sign Willie M for 10M/3 years
-Signs Hamhuis anyway
-Maybe trade Grabner for a 2nd round pick or something like that (wasn't going to stick anyway)

2010-11 D-corps:

Edler-Ehrhoff
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Mitchell-Salo
Rome-Tanev

Win Stanley Cup.

Re-sign Ehrhoff at 4.5/7 years

2011-12 D-corps:

Edler-Ehrhoff
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Mitchell-Salo/Tanev

Don't trade Hodgson

Repeat as SCF champions

Trade Ehrhoff for Kassian

Sign Garrison

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Mitchell-Tanev
Alberts-K-Conn

Have Howden and whatever boom-or-bust prospect from Grabner trade in the system. Have both Hodgson and Kassian.

????

Proooofit!

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 09:50 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Never said they did, but they lost more in Kaberle vs Spacek IMHO. I would have loved that 4.25 million cap space. Cammaleri was kinda actively getting himself out of town by saying the team was playing with a loser mentality and other GMs knew it.

Could we have got a better return for Cammaleri? Sure, but you guys make it sound like it was Gomez 2.0. Hell, knowing Timmins' talent with second rounders and how deep that draft is, wouldn't be surprised to get an impact player as good as Cammaleri from that 2nd. Holland may become a third liner and Bourque is habitually a 20-goal scorer.
Then why did we not?

Do you think our GM accepted a lower offer for Cammaleri than the best offer around the league?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Then why did we not?

Do you think our GM accepted a lower offer for Cammaleri than the best offer around the league?
I don't think Gauthier knew what a bidding war was... See the Halak trade (not a horrible return, but not great, like in this trade)

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 10:20 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
I don't think Gauthier knew what a bidding war was... See the Halak trade (not a horrible return, but not great, like in this trade)
As a GM willing to trade a player, how do you start a bidding war to increase your player value?

Old
12-20-2012, 10:29 PM
clefty
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
Wasnt that like 6 years ago?
Man, your perception of time is messed up.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 10:57 PM
HatTricK09

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
As a GM willing to trade a player, how do you start a bidding war to increase your player value?
Gauthier could have at least called a few other GM's to say Cammy was available to see what else he could get.

If I remember correctly, some anonymous GM told the media he would have offered more had he known Cammy was available after the trade had happened.

HatTricK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 10:59 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Not really one I can think of. I was sad to see the hometown kid Ben Bishop go, but the 2nd rounder was certainly enough value and he likely wouldn't see full time action in St. Louis for the foreseeable future. Other than that, I'm satisfied with the moves we've made.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:09 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
Gauthier could have at least called a few other GM's to say Cammy was available to see what else he could get.

If I remember correctly, some anonymous GM told the media he would have offered more had he known Cammy was available after the trade had happened.
Maybe it was to a division rival!

Since we would not trade Camalleri to a division rival without an overpayment, it was better to send in to Calgary for an inferior offer.

This way we dont have to face Cammalleri many time per year.

Old
12-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Jeff L

Probably just the Sobotka for Warsofsky trade. A bottom six of Sobotka-Kelly-Peverley and Paille-Campbell-Thornton would be absolutely filthy.

I also don't think the Bruins have received those "future considerations" from the Kings for Marco Sturm.

Jeff L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 12:08 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth Malloy View Post
Probably just the Sobotka for Warsofsky trade. A bottom six of Sobotka-Kelly-Peverley and Paille-Campbell-Thornton would be absolutely filthy.

I also don't think the Bruins have received those "future considerations" from the Kings for Marco Sturm.
Chiarelli straight up said when he was interviewed about the trade that when you see "future considerations" in a trade, it means the team gave up nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
it is awesome how this is the only bad trade that i remember snow making
No, it's not awesome. Garth makes good trades, but makes very few of them and doesn't improve the team through them. He thought Rolston would help this team, and he's a huge reason why they finished with the 4th worst record in the NHL at the time.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Jeff L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Chiarelli straight up said when he was interviewed about the trade that when you see "future considerations" in a trade, it means the team gave up nothing.
But considering Sturm's play ever since the trade, it seems that that was what he was worth.

Jeff L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 12:28 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth Malloy View Post
But considering Sturm's play ever since the trade, it seems that that was what he was worth.
Yeah, he's really stunk up the place since he left Boston. Shame because I thought he was great with them, and thought he would be solid with LA. Not so much

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote