HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WJC U20 Championship Game

Old
12-18-2012, 05:58 PM
district9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Date
Time
Away
Home
Thursday, 12/279:00 AMGermanyUSA
Friday, 12/289:00 AMUSARussia
Sunday, 12/304:30 AMUSACanada
Monday, 12/315:00 AMSlovakiaUSA
friday and sunday are the ones to watch! when the games are in north america i usually get together with some buddies and watch them, but this year i'll probably have to set the dvr and just deal with it. i also work every one of these days. jeeze...

for those of you with cablevision and no NHL network, here's a little pro tip. if you call up cablevision on say, wednesday the 26th, order it then. when the tourney is done, call back up and cancel. rather than charging you the full 6.95 (since you won't have it for a full month) they charge you per day. for this tourney, it would probably come out to a little over a dollar. i do this a lot on friday nights when there's CHL games i want to watch or something else interesting. usually comes out to about 12 cents a day. i know it doesn't seem like a lot, but in the long haul spending $1 a month vs $7 a month saves a lot.

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
friday and sunday are the ones to watch! when the games are in north america i usually get together with some buddies and watch them, but this year i'll probably have to set the dvr and just deal with it. i also work every one of these days. jeeze...

for those of you with cablevision and no NHL network, here's a little pro tip. if you call up cablevision on say, wednesday the 26th, order it then. when the tourney is done, call back up and cancel. rather than charging you the full 6.95 (since you won't have it for a full month) they charge you per day. for this tourney, it would probably come out to a little over a dollar. i do this a lot on friday nights when there's CHL games i want to watch or something else interesting. usually comes out to about 12 cents a day. i know it doesn't seem like a lot, but in the long haul spending $1 a month vs $7 a month saves a lot.
Thank you for the tip. Will do.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:48 PM
district9

its obviously not something they advertise but a guy with cablevision customer service told me about it when i called up to ask about NHL network but said i wasn't interested after he gave me the price tag for the month. he said he has a lot of people who call up to watch dexter or homeland and cancel it immediately after, and they'll do it for any premium channel. works great for me since i'm not home a lot and really only get to sit down and watch tv 1-2 nights per week.

Old
12-18-2012, 09:10 PM
UAGoalieGuy

When does team USA finalize their roster?

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Barnaby

Does it look like Boo has a shot to make the USA team? I know that he wasn't invited to camp earlier in the year, but it seems like he's played very well for Michigan so far..

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 01:48 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Does it look like Boo has a shot to make the USA team? I know that he wasn't invited to camp earlier in the year, but it seems like he's played very well for Michigan so far..
no he and fogarty weren't invited to the camp going on right now so they have no chance.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:00 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

exhibition game - USA vs. Sweden - 12:30 PM EST - NHLN

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Yep, checked this morning.

Very happy to be able to see some hockey.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:07 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Watched Canada vs Finland, it felt like a half hour. Wish I had time to watch USA in a bit.

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:09 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Anyone have a stream for this?

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Anyone have a stream for this?

Wathing it on the NHL Network. If you have Cablevision, you can get it on your ipad if you aren't home.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:44 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Skjei is a -1. I didn't think he made a smart move pinching up in the neutral zone.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Am I missing something here? Where is JT?

Any Rangers prospects on Sweden?

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 01:18 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Just ordered NHL Network.

USA! USA!

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 01:19 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD View Post
Am I missing something here? Where is JT?

Any Rangers prospects on Sweden?
Miller, along with the rest of the top line (Grimaldi, Gaudreau) and the top 2 defensemen (Jones, Trouba) are sitting.

Skjei had a bad period.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 01:24 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Miller, along with the rest of the top line (Grimaldi, Gaudreau) and the top 2 defensemen (Jones, Trouba) are sitting.

Skjei had a bad period.
I thought he played better as the period went on. But nothing eye opening. He does look weak in his own end as far as closing off space between he and the offender goes. Offensively, he looked fine. Made a couple good rushes up the ice. He isn't seeing PK or PP time.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 01:46 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I thought he played better as the period went on. But nothing eye opening. He does look weak in his own end as far as closing off space between he and the offender goes. Offensively, he looked fine. Made a couple good rushes up the ice. He isn't seeing PK or PP time.
Skjei must be nervous, because these reports are not what he plays like the majority of the time at Minnesota.

At Minnesota he's been very smart in his own end.

This is like day and night. The pressure to make the team may be getting to him a bit.

Theres no way he suddenly forgot how to play.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 01:47 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

With Noeson (spelling?) suspended i'm a bit surprised they didn't invite another forward? Why would they leave that spot empty?

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 01:55 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Spot on with everything.

He definitely picked it up, and I agree his cap control has been the problem.

Honestly though aside from Murphy, none of the defensemen have looked great. Sieloff's been burned a few times, Shane G (not even gonna bother spelling it) took a bad penalty, etc.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 02:54 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Wow that was a BOMB

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 06:41 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Wow you guys are pretty tough critics. I thought Skjei had a good (if unspectacular) game. Will good be enough? Who knows. Last thing I will say on Skjei is that if he had an iffy game, so did every other dman not named Murphy or McCabe.

On a non-NYR note:
1. Murphy is a heck of a prospect.
2. How can anyone be in favor of calling more ticky tac penalties? That was brutal to watch. Special teams killed the flow of the game.
3. Sweden, really? Disgracing the best uniform in the sport with huge Ads? Come on now.

12-21-2012, 08:47 AM
district9

i thought skjei looked great. excited to see this as a full team and i think skjei has a real good chance of making this team, if nothing else as the 7th d-man.

gostisbehere was impressive to me too, not so much because of the goal and his skill, but because he looked SO much more responsible in his own end than i've ever seen him at union. his big criticism among union fans and scouts i've read is that he makes a lot of dumb mistakes in his own end and when he has to make a decision on pinching/joining the rush he does it 9/10 times. yesterday he was playing real responsibly and only got caught out of position once in the game.

i really like this team. galchenyuk looked amazing and if he gets to go up against 2nd pairings i think he's gonna be tearing it up in the tourney

Old
12-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
i thought skjei looked great. excited to see this as a full team and i think skjei has a real good chance of making this team, if nothing else as the 7th d-man.

gostisbehere was impressive to me too, not so much because of the goal and his skill, but because he looked SO much more responsible in his own end than i've ever seen him at union. his big criticism among union fans and scouts i've read is that he makes a lot of dumb mistakes in his own end and when he has to make a decision on pinching/joining the rush he does it 9/10 times. yesterday he was playing real responsibly and only got caught out of position once in the game.

i really like this team. galchenyuk looked amazing and if he gets to go up against 2nd pairings i think he's gonna be tearing it up in the tourney
Agree on Skjei. Great skater. Covers the man with ease, uses his stick out front (very McD like). He jumps into the play at smart times and has the size to clear the crease. Also, his passes are tape to tape consistently. Based on this game he should make this team. Let's see what he does tomorrow.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:17 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Agree on Skjei. Great skater. Covers the man with ease, uses his stick out front (very McD like). He jumps into the play at smart times and has the size to clear the crease. Also, his passes are tape to tape consistently. Based on this game he should make this team. Let's see what he does tomorrow.
So, it sounds like he started out a bit skittish, but his play got stronger and stronger as the game went on?

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:36 AM
M Gaz
Drink to me

Nice to see some good things said about Skjei for once. I didn't watch the whole game so I can't really judge his play.

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote