Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2012, 01:20 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopperking View Post
So snakebitten. Took two penalties today and had two fights last night. Signs of frustration I would think.

When the hell is Knight coming back?
I don't see where he took penalties, but I only have "theahl" as a reference point, so I'm not sure how reliable my source is.

I'm much more concerned about his team-worst +/- and his lack of 5-on-5 production (2 goals in 25 games - 2 assists TOTAL) than I am about his PIMs. Again, I can't watch him play, but you'd think there would be SOME kind of metric that could be used as evidence of solid play IF his play was actually solid.

Don't mean to crap on the parade. If the PB's are hitting their stride, that's GREAT. A five-game winning streak isn't easy to put together and there are a few guys down there who are performing better than I thought they would. Kudos to them and I hope Cassidy has helped them turn a corner.

Old
12-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Ratty

Nice column in yesterdays Globe by Fluto Shinzawa about former Providence coach Rob Murray.

Rather than accept a front office scouting job with the Bruins he elected to sign to manage an ECHL team in Anchorage, AK. Old friend Nate Thompson is his go-to guy on PK, PP and faceoffs.

Rob hopes to work his way back to an AHL post someday.

Old
12-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
I don't see where he took penalties, but I only have "theahl" as a reference point, so I'm not sure how reliable my source is.

I'm much more concerned about his team-worst +/- and his lack of 5-on-5 production (2 goals in 25 games - 2 assists TOTAL) than I am about his PIMs. Again, I can't watch him play, but you'd think there would be SOME kind of metric that could be used as evidence of solid play IF his play was actually solid.

Don't mean to crap on the parade. If the PB's are hitting their stride, that's GREAT. A five-game winning streak isn't easy to put together and there are a few guys down there who are performing better than I thought they would. Kudos to them and I hope Cassidy has helped them turn a corner.

Here is a current article on Caron.

Coach Cassidy says Caron has to be better if he wants to stick in Boston, noting that other players (e.g., Bourque and Spooner) are playing well and will offer stiff competition.

Read it here: http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...3&feedID=10944

Old
12-17-2012, 07:48 PM
nycbruins*

Give jamie tardif a chance if boston plays again. If caron sulks & doesn't pick up his play, get a 6th round pick for him & move on.

Old
12-17-2012, 08:24 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post

Coach Cassidy says Caron has to be better if he wants to stick in Boston, noting that other players (e.g., Bourque and Spooner) are playing well and will offer stiff competition.

Knight will be more competition too. And next year Camara (who looks like a great checking forward and real strong in front of the net- the kind of game they were hoping to get from Caron + a little sandpaper)

Old
12-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Fire Julien

No Spooner this weekend.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:07 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Knight will be more competition too. And next year Camara (who looks like a great checking forward and real strong in front of the net- the kind of game they were hoping to get from Caron + a little sandpaper)
Albeit it an exceptionally small sample size, have to admit being really pleasantly surprised at Camara`s speed which although I had read about it, to watch it live(on TV) was something else

Old
12-21-2012, 09:41 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
No Spooner this weekend.
got hit very hard in Albany games and isn't feeling well- has PCS??? (feels off a bit) but hopefully will be back next week- likely just dinged

Last edited by DKH: 12-21-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old
12-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Spoked P

Anyone want my tickets to tonight's game? FREE

i can't make it, last minute plans.

Center Ice, looking right down the red stripe, behind the benches, just above glass

Section 122, Row C

I can put the tickets on will call for you.

first to respond here or email me after Noon EST at andy.r.berg@gmail.com can have them.

Merry Christmas!

Old
12-21-2012, 01:06 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
got hit very hard in Albany games and isn't feeling well- has PCS??? (feels off a bit) but hopefully will be back next week- likely just dinged
PCS with no "C" according to Cassidy ???????

hmmmmmmmm

My bet is that it's a concussion. Not much else it can be with the way it was described. Getting "dinged" with no other symptoms other than "not feeling right" is code for concussion.

Knight's "minor" injury has kept him out all season ... Guys have come back from surgeries in a shorter amount of time.

Let's hope Spooner's concussion really is a minor thing ... Losing him for any significant amount of time will not bode well for the team.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:48 AM
jetsjets1028

wow what a difference of hutchinson tonight from when i went to ct for the pbruins vs whale game.. he was good then but back to himself tonight 3 lousy goals as i just saw on highlights
what i dont get is y their #1 goalie svedberg only plays 1 game per weekend all of a sudden the firday game... he needs to be the goalie way more...hutch needs to stop being used every week espec when theres only 2 games what the hell bruce cassidy

Last edited by jetsjets1028: 12-30-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old
12-30-2012, 08:59 AM
RaskMullet
Pasta Time !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsjets1028 View Post
wow what a difference of hutchinson tonight from when i went to ct for the pbruins vs whale game.. he was good then but back to himself tonight 3 lousy goals as i just saw on highlights
what i dont get is y their #1 goalie svedberg only plays 1 game per weekend all of a sudden the firday game... he needs to be the goalie way more...hutch needs to stop being used every week espec when theres only 2 games what the hell bruce cassidy
couldn't agree more, svedberg is the clear number one, hutch needs to ride him till he starts to play otherwise.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:16 AM

The Stalberg goal was off a turnover, and a nice wrist shot over Hutchinson's glove from about 20 feet. Try to remember the shooter is a professional too.

The Reid goal was terrible positioning by Hutchinson...no one should ever be able to score from that angle in a pro game. Goaltending 101 is to hug the post there and Hutchinson was not where he was supposed to be.

The Mashinter goal was all on the PBruins skaters. All five PBruins skaters were within 10' of the net and they couldn't keep Mashinter from knocking in a rebound?

Now, the real reason I wandered over here...I really like what I've seen from Tommy Cross this season so far. Not flashy, just a solid young player that shows a lot of skill on both ends of the ice. He's probably a couple season away from poking his head into the NHL, but he could easily develop into a decent NHL defenseman.

Old
12-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
The Stalberg goal was off a turnover, and a nice wrist shot over Hutchinson's glove from about 20 feet. Try to remember the shooter is a professional too.

The Reid goal was terrible positioning by Hutchinson...no one should ever be able to score from that angle in a pro game. Goaltending 101 is to hug the post there and Hutchinson was not where he was supposed to be.

The Mashinter goal was all on the PBruins skaters. All five PBruins skaters were within 10' of the net and they couldn't keep Mashinter from knocking in a rebound?

Now, the real reason I wandered over here...I really like what I've seen from Tommy Cross this season so far. Not flashy, just a solid young player that shows a lot of skill on both ends of the ice. He's probably a couple season away from poking his head into the NHL, but he could easily develop into a decent NHL defenseman.
He's thought of highly around here. Looks like #4/5 potential. He did not have a good camp and was farmed out to Charleston. But he improved there and earned a regular spot on the Pro. blue line.

Old
12-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Jeff L

I was at the game, disappointed with Hutchinson's performance. He did have some very nice saves, but let in a couple of total softies as mentioned. Would have much rather seen Svedberg in net.

Tommy Cross looked pretty good, but he made a really stupid D-to-D pass right in front of Hutch that almost got picked off by a Shark, would've been a giftwrapped goal. He strikes me as having bottom 4 potential in the NHL, the kinda guy you don't really notice unless he does something either really good or really bad. Warsofsky held up behind the net with the puck for a solid 15 seconds before making a pass with a minute left in the 3rd while Worcester was up a goal. Yeah, it's a high pressure situation but that really rubbed me the wrong way. Gotta do something.

I'm starting to think that Chris Bourque will get some call-ups whenever a season starts. You'd think getting a shot with his dad's team would light a fire under his ass. Kid looked great last night.

Old
12-30-2012, 04:10 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth Malloy View Post
Tommy Cross looked pretty good, but he made a really stupid D-to-D pass right in front of Hutch that almost got picked off by a Shark, would've been a giftwrapped goal. He strikes me as having bottom 4 potential in the NHL, the kinda guy you don't really notice unless he does something either really good or really bad. [/I].
So a bigger Andrew Ference?

Old
12-31-2012, 07:49 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
So a bigger Andrew Ference?
that's a good way to put it, he's definitely a leader like Andy

He oughta practice boxing with Robbins in his spare time though...

Old
12-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Jeff L

That's exactly how I'd put it. Definitely a Ference type, which is a huge compliment if you ask me. I think he needs to spend the next couple years mostly in Providence though.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:37 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post

So where is the fluff brigade now that was telling everyone Caron was playing fine and the criticism was unwarranted?

Old
12-31-2012, 03:24 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
So where is the fluff brigade now that was telling everyone Caron was playing fine and the criticism was unwarranted?
when caron is at his best, his upside is mike knuble. i've never been much of a fan, but in his defense, i thought he hustled his ass off during limited opportunities last season. not sure why he mopes and goes through the motions in the AHL, but i'll reserve my comments on his play for whenever the NHL returns.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:57 AM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Nice column in yesterdays Globe by Fluto Shinzawa about former Providence coach Rob Murray.

Rather than accept a front office scouting job with the Bruins he elected to sign to manage an ECHL team in Anchorage, AK. Old friend Nate Thompson is his go-to guy on PK, PP and faceoffs.

Rob hopes to work his way back to an AHL post someday.
Nate Thompson in the ECHL / Alaska? I guess he didn't want to stray too far from his hometown....

Old
01-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
when caron is at his best, his upside is mike knuble. i've never been much of a fan, but in his defense, i thought he hustled his ass off during limited opportunities last season. not sure why he mopes and goes through the motions in the AHL, but i'll reserve my comments on his play for whenever the NHL returns.
Same here. All I can say is that when I've seen him (in a handful of Providence games this season) he's looked fine. Obviously I haven't watched every game.

Old
01-01-2013, 02:09 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaBoot View Post
Nate Thompson in the ECHL / Alaska? I guess he didn't want to stray too far from his hometown....
Lots of guys playing in the ECHL this season ... Alaska alone has Thompson, Dubinsky, Crabb, and Scott Gomez. I'm sure Habs fans are hoping Gomez sticks

Old
01-01-2013, 02:12 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Many night it's hard to tell Caron is even playing. That's good for defenseman. Not so much for a forward.

Old
01-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

Colten Teubert broke Jordan Caron.

Closed Thread