HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Undo a trade in the past 2 seasons! (Since summer 2010)

Old
12-21-2012, 12:59 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
I'm ok with everything Edmonton has done, but the Canucks shouldn't have traded away Hodson. Buffalo easily won that one.

I guess I take by the Dion trade if I'm Toronto. Yes, he's their best d-man, but they could have those dollars going elsewhere right now. As for Calgary.. .the pieces they got out of the deal didn't do a hell of a lot for them either. They still missed the playoffs. Surely they could've gotten a better package for him from another team.

Actually... no... we're forgetting about Columbus. I nominate the Carter trade.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 01:02 AM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
I fail to see what the Gragnani-Sulzer trade did for us. Grags was a mess defensively and provided little offense. Might have been better to just have a NHL depth d-man.

Reverend Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 01:03 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Any Leaf fan that wouldn't undo the Kessel trade is not being real.
You can't expect every fan from a single fanbase to be patient with rebuilds. If you consider the ticket prices for hockey games I don't blame fans for not being patient. At that price, you're team better be a contender.

I guess that's why any team should have an equal shot at the first overall pick. It forces teams to go for broke every year.

Old
12-21-2012, 01:04 AM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I'm ok with everything Edmonton has done, but the Canucks shouldn't have traded away Hodson. Buffalo easily won that one.
Saw this said earlier, but it had to be done. Hodgson didn't have the nicest of relationships with the organization here and I don't blame him. Management really dropped the ball there. At least we got a player we needed in that deal so it wasn't a complete failure.

Reverend Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 01:22 AM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
This trade was bad, but happened before the summer of 2010 (it happened in January of 2010).

The worst trade for the Flames, and the only bad one since Feaster took over, is the Regehr deal.

Regehr wasn't worth as much as many think, but the Flames really didn't need to give up the second. Kotalik walking made it a winfall for the Sabres.
I don't think its bad enough to need to do much about. Reggie hasn't been that good since leaving either.

Its hard to consider this a bad trade given past trends in the sutter trades lol. In perspective this was almost an even trade if we only took a minor loss lol.

tfong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 01:28 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 507
Quote:
Pretty hard to determine a winner when both players haven't even developed, no? Unless you can see into both of their futures as players?

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 01:32 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Pretty hard to determine a winner when both players haven't even developed, no? Unless you can see into both of their futures as players?
I've been a big fan of Hodgson for years. I would've waited for him to develop further if I was Vancouver.. .but as someone reminded me, he was on bad terms with the organization.

Old
12-21-2012, 01:39 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 507
Quote:
I've been a big fan of Hodgson for years. I would've waited for him to develop further if I was Vancouver.. .but as someone reminded me, he was on bad terms with the organization.
I would've waited as well, but his family and the organization saw different things, as mentioned. Kassian, however, is a type of player the Canucks really need, and at worst he's a really good third line player IMO. Honestly, I think it'll end up being an even trade; one where it'll turn out to be a good hockey trade because both teams will benefit from having Hodgson/Kassian in their systems.

I just don't see how there can be a true winner in this deal yet.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 02:01 AM
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel

vCash: 50
Brian Lee for Matt Gilroy

or

2011 1st round pick (#24-Matt Puempel) for 2011 2nd round pick (#35-Tomas Jurco)
2011 2nd round pick (#48-Xavier Ouellet)

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 02:12 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
2011 1st round pick (#24-Matt Puempel) for 2011 2nd round pick (#35-Tomas Jurco)
2011 2nd round pick (#48-Xavier Ouellet)
You can't assume Ottawa would have picked those 2 guys in those 2 spots

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 02:24 AM
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
You can't assume Ottawa would have picked those 2 guys in those 2 spots
Ok, still undo it.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 02:28 AM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Any Leaf fan that wouldn't undo the Kessel trade is not being real.
conversely, if Boston undid the Kessel trade they would have had the firepower needed to get past Philadelphia in '10, then steamroll Montreal and have a great shot against Chicago. Kessel certainly doesn't hurt their chances in '11 and gives them a great shot to get through a weak Eastern conference in '12.

Seguin and Hamilton are nice, but Boston may have traded away a three-peat.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 03:20 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
Both the trades DW made this year. The McGinn/Sgarbossa for Galiardi/Winnik is a giant bust, especially considering DW didn't even try to re-sign Winnik and Galiardi can't stay healthy.

Moore for a 2nd isn't a bad trade, but he was preoccupied with his wife's cancer treatments, understandably, but played some ****** hockey for the Sharks. I'd take several of the prospects we could have had with the 37th overall we gave up over two months of disinterested Moore.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 06:39 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
Gauthier could have at least called a few other GM's to say Cammy was available to see what else he could get.

If I remember correctly, some anonymous GM told the media he would have offered more had he known Cammy was available after the trade had happened.
Player trades don't necessarily have to be auctions, especially when you're not talking about deadline rentals that the team is simply looking to stockpile assets.

A team may have been willing to offer "more"... but that's not necessarily what the Canadiens were looking for. Maybe they really wanted the 25+ goal winger with size.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 08:30 AM
Ivan13
Problem child

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
If we extend that out to 25 months, instead of the last 24, then I would undo the Colby Cohen for Matt Hunwick trade without a second thought. Of course, having Hunwick on the ice probably helped lead to getting Landeskog.
You wouldn't trade a career AHLer for a decent 3rd pairing NHL d-man? Dear God the Hunwick hate is really spinning out of control.

And as Lonewolfe said the Liles trade was a bad one.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
Man, your perception of time is messed up.
He last played for the Kings in 2008. That is 5 seasons and 6 if this one wasnt locked out. Ya looks like my guestimation was pretty spot on actually...

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:23 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 445
Ian White for Derek Joslin and a 2nd. Not that White was anything special, but Joslin just never worked out here and I think we could have gotten better.

Not too many bad ones for the Canes... but on the flip side not too many great ones either.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:31 AM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
conversely, if Boston undid the Kessel trade they would have had the firepower needed to get past Philadelphia in '10, then steamroll Montreal and have a great shot against Chicago. Kessel certainly doesn't hurt their chances in '11 and gives them a great shot to get through a weak Eastern conference in '12.

Not a chance Boston beats '11 Chicago. Maybe the '12 team with Kessel over Seguin, but not a chance in '11.

BruinsNeedaRussian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Epic Neal Time

Michalek trade, easily. Even if he wanted to be in Phoenix.

Epic Neal Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:43 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:

Obv we must be talking about a different kessel if you think he was the missing piece to a Bruins 3 peat. Infact most people believe they won inpart because he wasn't around

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 1527
Undo this trade, please.

Nick Leddy

Cam Barker

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:09 AM
bearcountry17

vCash: 160
Quote:

Im sure Kessel would have thrived in that series with Richards and Pronger breathing down his neck.

bearcountry17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Remember2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
Gauthier could have at least called a few other GM's to say Cammy was available to see what else he could get.

If I remember correctly, some anonymous GM told the media he would have offered more had he known Cammy was available after the trade had happened.
Yeah I remember hearing this about Dion too when he got traded to the Leafs... Lesson learned never trade with the Leafs unless you want to get shafted... It was more a quantity for quality at that point. Right after every Flames fan tried to justify by saying White is better... Now we're saying we got shafted HAHA

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

i don't think i'd undo any of the columbus deals...i know the Klesla/Byers for Upshall deal was mentioned...but that freed us up room to sign FAs...which we needed at the time...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:

If we still had Kessel we woudlnt have gotten Horton. Kessels better than Horton, but to think we would have "steamrolled" Montreal with Kessel instead of taking them to game 7 with Horton then you're delusional. Kessel had 11 more points than Horton that year.

Only questionable trade is the Kaberle trade and the only reason its questionable is a player the Leafs traded up to get (Biggs). At the same time tho, 99% of Bruins fans don't regret the trade, incudling me. Colborne hasnt shown much at this point and had no place in our organization.

Tim Vezina Thomas is online now   Reply With Quote