Notices

The Official Jaromir Jagr Discussion Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Mirinho

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
Thanks for the update. I couldn't watch because I am at work. Is there a game this weekend?
yes they are playing with Sparta on sunday

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:29 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Cool. I'll catch that one.

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 06:11 PM
jagrgodr

found the video of his goal, 5 on 3 slapper from a far!

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 10:03 AM
jagrgodr

game just started, they are already losing with 19:10 to go in the first! Oh nose!

http://www.tvtipsport.cz/elh/?matchId=-412631458

I think jagr has 1 goal, 2:1 they are losing.

edit: Jagr with a great assist on the power play. It's so great to see him on the power play.. he just held the puck and froze 2 defenders and made a nice pass to the center for the goal.

2:2 now.

edit: now with 8 minutes left in the 2nd, they are down 4:2.. back to back goals, WOW.

last edit: They lost 5:3 i believe. They have lost a bunch of games, things arent looking good as of now. At least Jagr is producing somewhat, he has a goal and an assist in today's game.

Last edited by jagrgodr: 12-09-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old
12-09-2012, 02:11 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Thanks for the score. My wife made me run an errand in the first part of the 2nd period... So, I missed the rest of the game....

Old
12-10-2012, 02:01 AM
lamini

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
last edit: They lost 5:3 i believe. They have lost a bunch of games, things arent looking good as of now. At least Jagr is producing somewhat, he has a goal and an assist in today's game.
6:3, last goal was EN

lamini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:21 AM
Czech Your Math

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think they just need to finish in top 6 for bye. If lockout continues, they still have very good chance to do that.

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:19 PM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
I think they just need to finish in top 6 for bye. If lockout continues, they still have very good chance to do that.
It looks like they may be finalizing the new NHL deal, i wonder if we are seeing the last games Jagr will play for Kladno for a little while. Their next game is the 19th, 9 days from now. I just saw that the NHL schedule is canceled until the 30th of December, So just in case the NHl returns we have the following games left for Kladno:

19th
21st
23rd
27th
30th

Anyways i was hoping that Kladno could finish the season strong and be near the top of the league so that if the NHL season returns Kladno would have a better chance at making the playoffs. I'm not sure they are going to be that great of a team when the NHL'ers leave, but who knows, i certainly dont.. This year has been so much fun watching Jagr on Kladno, i haven't missed the NHL season very much because of it. I'm just so happy Jagr did so well for Kladno :-D

Old
12-10-2012, 07:15 PM
livewell68

Quote:
It looks like they may be finalizing the new NHL deal, i wonder if we are seeing the last games Jagr will play for Kladno for a little while. Their next game is the 19th, 9 days from now. I just saw that the NHL schedule is canceled until the 30th of December, So just in case the NHl returns we have the following games left for Kladno:

19th
21st
23rd
27th
30th

Anyways i was hoping that Kladno could finish the season strong and be near the top of the league so that if the NHL season returns Kladno would have a better chance at making the playoffs. I'm not sure they are going to be that great of a team when the NHL'ers leave, but who knows, i certainly dont.. This year has been so much fun watching Jagr on Kladno, i haven't missed the NHL season very much because of it. I'm just so happy Jagr did so well for Kladno :-D
If there is a season, it won't start any earlier than January they saying now. I was one of the very hopeful people that thought there would a be season for 2012-13 but even I'm not so hopeful anymore.

This a real pity especially for Jagr, I truly think that Jagr really worked out hard this past summer to trim down and work on his speed, stickhandling and shot again. He looks more like the Jagr of the Pittsburgh days than he does of the Washington, New York and Philly days. The full season that could have been.

Who knows, maybe a shortened season (if there is one) could work in Jagr's favor and he can steal the Art Ross trophy and Hart to cap off his 6 Art Ross overall and his 2nd Hart which would definitely bump Jagr to top 5-10 all-time status with no questions asked. Back in 1994-95 because of the shortened season, Coffey won his final Norris years after his prime.

Since Jagr is already playing on momentum in the Czech Extraliga and wouldn't need any time to work himself into shape, he could start off hot right away and carry that momentum with him throughout the entire short season.

One thing is for sure, he looks better than he has at any time during his time in his last season in New York (excluding the playoffs), his whole 3 year stint in the KHL as well as his tenure in Philadelphia.

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Czech Your Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by livewell68 View Post
If there is a season, it won't start any earlier than January they saying now. I was one of the very hopeful people that thought there would a be season for 2012-13 but even I'm not so hopeful anymore.

This a real pity especially for Jagr, I truly think that Jagr really worked out hard this past summer to trim down and work on his speed, stickhandling and shot again. He looks more like the Jagr of the Pittsburgh days than he does of the Washington, New York and Philly days. The full season that could have been.

Who knows, maybe a shortened season (if there is one) could work in Jagr's favor and he can steal the Art Ross trophy and Hart to cap off his 6 Art Ross overall and his 2nd Hart which would definitely bump Jagr to top 5-10 all-time status with no questions asked. Back in 1994-95 because of the shortened season, Coffey won his final Norris years after his prime.

Since Jagr is already playing on momentum in the Czech Extraliga and wouldn't need any time to work himself into shape, he could start off hot right away and carry that momentum with him throughout the entire short season.

One thing is for sure, he looks better than he has at any time during his time in his last season in New York (excluding the playoffs), his whole 3 year stint in the KHL as well as his tenure in Philadelphia.
If they don't have a deal by Xmas, then it's looking grim.

I thought Jagr would be much better this season than last, more like he was before the recurring groin injury plagued him for most of the year. Let's not be to overly optimistic though. I think he still has something left to show before he retires from the NHL... maybe a top 10 finish or a big playoff run... but expecting a Ross is too much, even though anything is possible for someone of his skill and work ethic... he is 40 now, so I'm not getting my hopes too high.

Old
12-19-2012, 12:13 PM
jagrgodr

Game on! Score is 1 to 1, Jagr with a GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!

:-D

http://www.tvtipsport.cz/elh/?matchId=-414604106

Last period is about to start. Plek with the assist

Old
12-19-2012, 12:27 PM
jagrgodr

It's funny how quick things can change in sports. Kladno takes a 2:1 lead and literally 30 seconds later Kladno is losing 3:2.. so funny! Jagr was on the ice for both the goals against Kladno.. not so funny.

Here is a text version of the game:
http://www.onlajny.com/match/index/id/46979

Edit: HAHA and jagr gets another goal!! Deflection on the powerplay

43:00 - Kladno scores - 2:1
43:10 - Pardubice scores - 2:2
43:42 - Pardubice scores - 2:3
46:19 - Jagr ties it on PP - 3:3
47:10 - Pardubice scores!! - 3:4

edit: I think i just saw Jagr approach another player and have some words / slight push..

EDIT: JAGR GOALL! HAT TRICK

EDDIT: Kladno goal!! Kladno winning 5:4, jagr with an assist to make it a hat trick and an assist..

edit: with 30 seconds left, jagr takes a penalty while completly dominating on the fore check, he almost raged when he got called on the very weak shove by jagr.

Last edited by jagrgodr: 12-19-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old
12-19-2012, 01:45 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Nice! Man do I really want to see him play in a Stars uniform this season...

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 02:47 PM
livewell68

So the final scorer was 5-4 for Kladno?

Jagr had 4 Pts?

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:02 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Nice! Man do I really want to see him play in a Stars uniform this season...
Me too. Let's hope there's a season and that he hasn't spent all of his stats/skill over there.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 04:16 PM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Originally Posted by livewell68 View Post
So the final scorer was 5-4 for Kladno?

Jagr had 4 Pts?
Yep, game ended Kladno winning 5:4, Jagr with 4 points.

Jagr is a monster. He was out on the ice from 2:00 left while winning to be on the ice when they pulled the goalie. He and one other Kladno player totally dominated and kept the puck behind the other team's goal for a solid minute, and with 30 seconds left Jagr took the penalty after being on the ice for 1:30 straight. It's not that he was tired and took a stupid penalty, he was so amped up to get the 5 point game that he cross checked a defender away from the puck and the guy flopped down on the ice. As soon as the penalty was called Jagr looked SOOO pissed and raged towards the penalty box because of the what appeared to be soft call. What a fun final period that started 1:1

I found this quote from a czech website:

"Jagr threw gloves and stick, then destroyed Pardubice. Perhaps the first time I blew says"

I guess, in the first period, after Jagr's goal he got called for a penalty and lost it, throwing his gloves and stick on the ice?!?! I missed the first and second, can any of the czech friends help translate the article to figure out what happened? I think Jagr was upset at the call against him in the first. This makes sense seeing how he reacted when he was called for the penalty at the end of the game.

LINK TO THE HIGHLIGHTS:
http://www.sport.cz/hokej/extraliga/...attrickem.html

Last edited by jagrgodr: 12-19-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old
12-19-2012, 07:28 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Interesting. I am out of the country so I couldn't watch it.

Old
12-20-2012, 09:34 AM
jagrgodr

notice the beaver tap at 1:17. We got Jagr beaver tapping guys.. things just got real.

Last edited by jagrgodr: 12-20-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old
12-21-2012, 08:58 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

May be old news to some, but I recently discovered the "Jagr coins." However, all I had previously saw were the more expensive ones in silver. Apparently they made a cheaper version too.

Pcked up 2 a couple of weeks ago. One for me and one for my son. My son likes to collect coins (and also likes Jagr), so he will be very surprised. It come in case and has paperwork, but here is just the coin in the holder....

Last edited by shipwreck: 12-21-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old
12-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Czech Your Math

That's a pretty sweet coin. Is it brass? What is approx. size (looks small, but has a lot of detail)?

Old
12-21-2012, 01:04 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
That's a pretty sweet coin. Is it brass? What is approx. size (looks small, but has a lot of detail)?

Its supposed to be bronze, but it actually is sorta goldish colored. The coin itself is an inch and a half across. So, kinda big for a coin. I got two for like $28 if I remember right. It was an auction for two of them on ebay. I didn't wanna pay the higher cost for the real silver one. I just thought it was kinda cool to have.

Old
12-21-2012, 01:20 PM
jagrgodr

Jagr with a goal and an assist today.

Old
12-21-2012, 03:19 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Jagr with a goal and an assist today.
Cool.

When is their next game?

Old
12-21-2012, 03:52 PM
jagrgodr

See above for next games. 23rd is next. Sent from phone excuse the shortness

Old
12-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Yep, game ended Kladno winning 5:4, Jagr with 4 points.

Jagr is a monster. He was out on the ice from 2:00 left while winning to be on the ice when they pulled the goalie. He and one other Kladno player totally dominated and kept the puck behind the other team's goal for a solid minute, and with 30 seconds left Jagr took the penalty after being on the ice for 1:30 straight. It's not that he was tired and took a stupid penalty, he was so amped up to get the 5 point game that he cross checked a defender away from the puck and the guy flopped down on the ice. As soon as the penalty was called Jagr looked SOOO pissed and raged towards the penalty box because of the what appeared to be soft call. What a fun final period that started 1:1

I found this quote from a czech website:

"Jagr threw gloves and stick, then destroyed Pardubice. Perhaps the first time I blew says"

I guess, in the first period, after Jagr's goal he got called for a penalty and lost it, throwing his gloves and stick on the ice?!?! I missed the first and second, can any of the czech friends help translate the article to figure out what happened? I think Jagr was upset at the call against him in the first. This makes sense seeing how he reacted when he was called for the penalty at the end of the game.

LINK TO THE HIGHLIGHTS:
http://www.sport.cz/hokej/extraliga/...attrickem.html
i don't remember exactly but it was something like this.

He was angry because they lost the lead so fast twice and even were losing then, on facebook he posted he threw his stick, gloves, destroyed everything on bench and he didn not even want to go play once more, he did only because of penalty and now you see how it turned out . Also on facebook he apologized to fans for being mad, because just 2 days before that he posted that we should go through everything with smile , following his facebook is so much fun these days

also about refs, some days ago, he was complaining about them not calling fauls refs do call in NHL, but not here,i forgot the funny name he named them

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote