HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LA Kings Prospect Jean-Francois Berube Is Struggling To Earn #1 Goalie Spot With ECHL

Old
12-21-2012, 05:39 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
LA Kings Prospect Jean-Francois Berube Is Struggling To Earn #1 Goalie Spot With ECHL

LA Kings Prospect Jean-Francois Berube Is Struggling To Earn #1 Goalie Spot With ECHLís Ontario Reign

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 09:12 AM
TKFAN

Same thing is going on in Manchester....Jones struggling to say the least.

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Basilisk

Translation: Look for Dean to take 3-4 goalies @ the 2013 draft......

Basilisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 09:56 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKFAN View Post
Same thing is going on in Manchester....Jones struggling to say the least.
I haven't talked to Mark Morris in a few weeks, but I'd guess that significant injuries to Kolomatis, and Campbell (both just returned recently) and a nagging one suffered by Muzzin, has been a factor, in terms of defensive play in front of Jones.

Old
12-21-2012, 10:36 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRoyalty View Post
I haven't talked to Mark Morris in a few weeks, but I'd guess that significant injuries to Kolomatis, and Campbell (both just returned recently) and a nagging one suffered by Muzzin, has been a factor, in terms of defensive play in front of Jones.
This is true, but doesn't tell the whole story of how Mannino hasn't struggled with the same defense, and has actually been getting the bulk of the work over the last 6-8 games.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:23 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

The boys seems to play harder in front of Mannino. I don't if they if think they can relax with Jones in net or what...but Jones has also been inconsistent, which is a consistent problem. When he's on his game he looks great! An NHL career awaiting him. However when he's off the bench is ahead of him.

Kolomatis is actually still out. Not sure about injures to Muzzin but I know he's been scratched due to poor play. Another inconsistent guy.

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 12-21-2012 at 11:50 AM.
CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:02 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
The boys seems to play harder in front of Mannino. I don't if they if think they can relax with Jones in net or what...but Jones has also been inconsistent, which is a consistent problem. When he's on his game he looks great! An NHL career awaiting him. However when he's off the bench is ahead of him.

Kolomatis is actually still out. Not sure about injures to Muzzin but I know he's been scratched due to poor play. Another inconsistent guy.
Morris told me that Muzzin had been struggling after being nailed in the foot by a slap shot. But that was a few weeks ago...

Old
12-21-2012, 11:14 PM
damacles1156

Muzzin has got something going on in his head.

The boy has forgot how to play Defense.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:19 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Morris told me that Muzzin had been struggling after being nailed in the foot by a slap shot. But that was a few weeks ago...
Thank you for the info.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:41 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
I had heard and posted the same thing a couple of weeks ago and to me it looks like Muzzin has a compensation injury that is still nagging him. His foot was the big trouble and then in order to remain as competitive as possible and keep his spot on the team he used other muscle groups (etc) to try and compensate for his sore foot.

Now they are bothering him more than the foot. You can see him pulling up short at times and not being as agile/fast footed as he usually is. A two week break and he would be back to good imo but at this level of competition its hard to give up your spot.

JFB is a player that I say play in the Q before we drafted him and I honestly thought then that he would be a steal for someone. I was really happy when we picked him up and I still believe that he will put it all together and make the NHL in a few years.

It looks like he actually has started putting things together lately so here's hoping he keeps getting his game back. He has a ton of talent, its an issue of putting it together.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:03 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I had heard and posted the same thing a couple of weeks ago and to me it looks like Muzzin has a compensation injury that is still nagging him. His foot was the big trouble and then in order to remain as competitive as possible and keep his spot on the team he used other muscle groups (etc) to try and compensate for his sore foot.

Now they are bothering him more than the foot. You can see him pulling up short at times and not being as agile/fast footed as he usually is. A two week break and he would be back to good imo but at this level of competition its hard to give up your spot.

JFB is a player that I say play in the Q before we drafted him and I honestly thought then that he would be a steal for someone. I was really happy when we picked him up and I still believe that he will put it all together and make the NHL in a few years.

It looks like he actually has started putting things together lately so here's hoping he keeps getting his game back. He has a ton of talent, its an issue of putting it together.
Muzzin has been bad since his first stepped on the ice this year.

He had the same awful start to last year.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:33 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Muzzin has been bad since his first stepped on the ice this year.

He had the same awful start to last year.
He is a slow starter no doubt but I was seeing allot of improvement prior to his injury.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote