HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: ...Reticulating Splines...

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
But they look so damn cool
Yeah, I won't argue with you there.

Old
12-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh00terMcGavin View Post
Incredible how some people are fooled into purchasing those "Beats by Dre" headphones at such a high price. They're not bad but you can find the same quality headphones for much cheaper...or pay the same price and get much higher quality ones.
There's been people camped out outside the shoe store next to where I work for the past three days to get the right to purchase a $190 shoe.

People are stupid.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
12-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
There's been people camped out outside the shoe store next to where I work for the past three days to get the right to purchase a $190 shoe.

People are stupid.
This is where you step on their shoes "by accident."

Old
12-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
Nice. My laptop actually turned 3 a week ago today. I had to replace the battery back in May-ish or so. I have upgraded to both Windows 7 and now 8 on it, haha. I hope I can squeeze out another few years!

What will you replace yours with?
three years feels like an eternity in laptop-time. i'm not sure what i'll replace it with. i backed things up a few weeks ago on a whim, so luckily i won't see any information loss. i think i'll try using my iphone for a few weeks while i do some research and scrounge around for some funds.

any recommendations?

Old
12-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

vCash: 977
Perfect.

Blow off Christmas shopping until the final weekend and get rewarded with a winter storm. Thanks, *****.

Old
12-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

What's winter? That's when it's 65 and sunny, right?

*glares with contempt at Los Angeles*

Old
12-20-2012, 08:43 PM
invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
three years feels like an eternity in laptop-time. i'm not sure what i'll replace it with. i backed things up a few weeks ago on a whim, so luckily i won't see any information loss. i think i'll try using my iphone for a few weeks while i do some research and scrounge around for some funds.

any recommendations?
I hear Asus is rather solid these days. I think if you know your budget and what you use it for (just basic interneting/Word/Excel/watching some DVD's versus crazy stuff) then it can be easier to make recommendations.

Old
12-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Superstar Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post

any recommendations?
I just bought this guy. Came in about a month ago. Had a couple of pain in the ass problems with the software, and Windows 8 is irritating (probably a fact of life at this point, though). But I saved a good solid $150-$200 over any other comparable systems I could find, and Lenovo gets high marks for reliability. I'd recommend it if you're going to want to do any gaming. You won't find a laptop with a dedicated graphics card for a better price.

Old
12-20-2012, 09:46 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

We run Lenovo Thinkpads at work and they're a pretty stable machine.The only issues we've had are with fan errors, which can usually be cleared with a blast of compressed air. Of course, these are people who take their laptops out of office a lot into some areas that you wouldn't consider a typical office environment.

Old
12-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

Just never get a Dell or Gateway laptop. Too many times I've tried to go the cheap route only to have them start failing way too quickly.

*hugs MacBook Pro*

Old
12-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

I might be the only person who has pretty much no interest in a laptop.

Old
12-20-2012, 11:09 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I don't like them either. I find them harder to type on. I like a keyboard that you can move around.

Old
12-20-2012, 11:23 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

I prefer desktops and still use mine for the vast majority of things.

My MacBook has about 10 installed programs on it, mostly script stuff. It's solely for writing stuff.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Florentino Ariza

I had a Dell that lasted me like 5 years with few problems. My current Dell laptop works fine except the screen died completely and I have to connect it to a PC monitor....I think it´s my fault though, because I carried it around a lot in a laptop case and the charger may have been pressing against a circuit board in the screen panel. So now I bought an Acer, we´ll see how that goes.

Old
12-21-2012, 10:15 AM
JTG

Quote:
I don't think so. For me, I'd prefer a desktop a majority of the time. It is so nice sitting in a nice comfy chair with a big screen. I like my laptop for when I'm on the road, or I'm laying in bed.

When I get enough money, I'll probably buy a big screen to hook up to my laptop.

I had a Dell. A lot broke on it, but Dell's customer support is phenomenal. If I ever had a problem while it was under warranty, they were at my house the same day or next day to fix it free of charge, no matter if I was in my dorm or at my parents house. Dell customer service was great.

Old
12-21-2012, 10:33 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Old
12-21-2012, 04:44 PM
End of Line
Human After All

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
12-21-2012, 04:50 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I don't think so. For me, I'd prefer a desktop a majority of the time. It is so nice sitting in a nice comfy chair with a big screen. I like my laptop for when I'm on the road, or I'm laying in bed.

When I get enough money, I'll probably buy a big screen to hook up to my laptop.

I had a Dell. A lot broke on it, but Dell's customer support is phenomenal. If I ever had a problem while it was under warranty, they were at my house the same day or next day to fix it free of charge, no matter if I was in my dorm or at my parents house. Dell customer service was great.
Desktops>Laptops. I can't play Starcraft on a laptop

Speaking of which, I just spent like $900 on a new desktop. Built it myself. It will be finished in like an hour.

Old
12-21-2012, 04:52 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post

I think we are dead. If this were heaven, the NHL would no longer be locked out. But the union just decertified, so I think we are in hell.

Old
12-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

Old
12-21-2012, 08:24 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

So, a lot of you folks here are in their mid-twenties ... any suggestions for Christmas gifts for my son? So far, all I've gotten him are comic books and Scotch. It's a really nice Speyside, and the comics are compendiums ... but I'd like to get him something else. His birthday is the day after Christmas, so that's when he gets clothes and gift cards. My parents got him PC parts to upgrade his machine, he's not really interested in any of the games out right now that he doesn't already have ... and I'm at a loss ... any suggestions?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Old
12-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

Old
12-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenX View Post
So, a lot of you folks here are in their mid-twenties ... any suggestions for Christmas gifts for my son? So far, all I've gotten him are comic books and Scotch. It's a really nice Speyside, and the comics are compendiums ... but I'd like to get him something else. His birthday is the day after Christmas, so that's when he gets clothes and gift cards. My parents got him PC parts to upgrade his machine, he's not really interested in any of the games out right now that he doesn't already have ... and I'm at a loss ... any suggestions?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?
if he is anything like me, he would prefer cash over anything you could buy him

Old
12-21-2012, 11:08 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

Quote:
if he is anything like me, he would prefer cash over anything you could buy him
Well, he gets that for his birthday. That's part of the problem Ah, well ... I'm going out tomorrow to find some nice tasting glasses to go with the scotch, so maybe I'll just wander around for a bit and something will catch my eye.

Old
12-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Marns
@SH_Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post

I've kept away from the news in the past few days, but I'd be willing to bet that Michael Stipe would be able to retire again with the royalties paid out in the lead up to the failed end-of-world day.

Closed Thread