HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Jamison officially signs Jobing.com lease agreement

Old
12-21-2012, 10:58 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
Jamison officially signs Jobing.com lease agreement

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet In Glendale, Greg Jamison's Group has officially signed the lease papers for the Arena. Now have until Jan 31/13 to close deal with NHL.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Interesting to say the least. I sure hope this is one present for the long suffering fans in Arizona that isnt returned after Boxing Day.

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:20 AM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
I udnerstand some peopel skepticsm. Its gone on for years. But at the same time Jamison isn't a dumb man. If he wasn't confident he'd get the money what purpose would he have to go this far

Last edited by LadyStanley: 12-21-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: qdp
cheswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Undertakerqc

This signing is conditionnal to finalising the sale, it actually means nothing. Show us the money Greg!!

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Ryan34222

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet In Glendale, Greg Jamison's Group has officially signed the lease papers for the Arena. Now have until Jan 31/13 to close deal with NHL.
Wow. Early Christmas present for Yotes fans..

Feels weird it maybe over I mean I figured this day would come eventually. Oh well I guess there's always the Florida teams to try and poach.

Ryan34222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 02:01 AM
Mork

Send a message via ICQ to Mork
Look for the lockout to end soon if this deal goes through.

Mork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 04:47 AM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan34222 View Post
Wow. Early Christmas present for Yotes fans..

Feels weird it maybe over I mean I figured this day would come eventually. Oh well I guess there's always the Florida teams to try and poach.
All I can keep thinking is the NHL laughing and shouting SUCKER. Congratulations to Yotes fans though IF this is finally over. This is the sale that doesn't end...Yes it goes on and on my friends...

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 05:08 AM
bruinsfan46

Scary for the people of Glendale but good if you're a hockey fan.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 07:40 AM
GuelphStormer

presumably there should be no barriers to the actual purchase, so this is a done deal. congrats to yotes fans. best of luck to glendale residents.

GuelphStormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 07:55 AM
davemac1313

vCash: 143
@JSportsnet Correction: City of Glendale has signed lease management agreement. Jamison will sign as soon as he receives signed docs.

Joyce Clark@clarkjv

davemac1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Ewan McGregor

vCash: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Scary for the people of Glendale but good if you're a hockey fan.
Why? I think hokey fans would rather see this team go to a city that wants hockey.

Ewan McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Whileee

The lease must also be signed by "the Owner". We don't even know who that might be, as yet.

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 11:51 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor View Post
Why? I think hokey fans would rather see this team go to a city that wants hockey.
Naive comment. There are plenty of hockey fans in Phoenix, only problem is that a lot of them are fans of other teams, and only show up when their team comes to town.

Look at me, I live in Phoenix, but the only time I will go to a Cardinals game is when the Dolphins come to town, my football team. Because I don't show up I'm not a football fan?

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Naive comment. There are plenty of hockey fans in Phoenix, only problem is that a lot of them are fans of other teams, and only show up when their team comes to town.

Look at me, I live in Phoenix, but the only time I will go to a Cardinals game is when the Dolphins come to town, my football team. Because I don't show up I'm not a football fan?
Nope, you're a Dolphin fan. Welcome to my world I live in Toronto, apparently most fans in Toronto are Leaf fans not hockey fans. So the story goes.

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:49 PM
berklon

Quote:

Does it matter? If they don't show up to Coyotes games on a regular basis, then it's a lost cause.

berklon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
I'd say that's correct - based on what you posted above, I wouldn't describe you as a football fan at all, I'd describe you as a Dolphins fan.

Old
12-22-2012, 06:49 PM
davemac1313

vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
I'd say that's correct - based on what you posted above, I wouldn't describe you as a football fan at all, I'd describe you as a Dolphins fan.
Dado, as tough as this is to believe, we are in agreement..wow. I watch 6 to 8 games, my team and whatever else is on when they are not, every evening and the double header on Saturday, I call myself a hockey fan. Those that follow 1 team only are fans of that team not of the "game", Those that try to catch their team when convenient are casual fans.

I think Glendale has lots of casual fans, some team fans and not enough hockey fans. You need those 'Hockey Fans" to survive the bad seasons and rebuilding eras.

davemac1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:32 PM
StoneColdFlower*
El Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Interesting to say the least. I sure hope this is one present for the long suffering fans in Arizona that isnt returned after Boxing Day.
Yeah sure. There are more fans in a town like Windsor or Saskatoon than there are in all of Arizona. Not that the ineptitude and greed that has characterized the NHL's handling of southern expansion have done the market any favours, unfortunately.

StoneColdFlower* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 10:46 AM
GuelphStormer

do we have confirmation that jamison has actually signed the agreement? posts in the mega-thread seem to be suggesting that he has not signed anything ... only that skeete has signed on behalf of glendale and sent the papers over to jamison to sign ... ? and more importantly, there is no lease agreement until jamison actually purchases the team?

can someone confirm?

GuelphStormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Habs05

In a way I could see why he would sign it so quickly. Nothing is official untill he buys the team so it's not really a commitment yet and by signing it he might think he can take control of the situation. However, if it's not official the city (new council) could cancel the agreement before january 31st (this is how I see it, can't confirm that) if Jamieson did not buy the team.

But can he sign it? I know it's not the team purchase it's just the lease agreement. But still... if he represent a group of investors he would need the OK from all of them. Does Jamieson has the money to represent the majority of this groups... I don't think so. Does it means he would have to reveal his list of investors to sign this agreement? There was rumours saying the group was fragile, that Jamieson had a hard time gathering them and might lose some... The lockout isn't really helping. Of course he's not losing money at the moment but let just say that Hockey isn't shiny in the eyes of investors.

Habs05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 11:05 AM
NHLfan4life
Who is PKP???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor View Post
I couldn't have said it better myself.

I seriously doubt you speak for all hockey fans.

NHLfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan4life View Post
I seriously doubt you speak for all hockey fans.
But he does echo hockey fans with common sense and logic.

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote