HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Mika Zibanejad is the real deal 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 09:43 PM
We Want the Cup 2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Agreed..if he had the flu or whatever concussion or teeth pulled or infections..he did attend the BSens Christmas party last night w/ pic I posted w/ the team in the Bingo thread..if he had any of those symptoms, I would think he would be away from the rest of the guys and be home resting..I mean, afterall, he's not even skating but good enough to attend a party?

Romur has it his agent has kept him off the ice over this Swedish boycott of the World Juniors
If you were recovering from surgery (wisdom teeth recovery varies person to person) is it safer to

a) play a contact sport in a physical league
or
b) get your picture taken

...end this lockout now

Old
12-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Xspyrit

There's not even a hockey season and people are such in a hurry to determine what will be Mika Zibanejad's career.... I seriously have no idea why

Make your own projections or just take the "wait and see" approach... and leave it at that... For the 10th thousand time, there's no conclusion to make right now. N-O-N-E.

Old
12-19-2012, 03:05 PM
BK201

On the team today I forget who they interviewing but said Zibanejad had gotten his wisdom teeth removed, then contracted strep throat while healing, and then got some flu when coming off of strep throat.

Old
12-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Fitch89

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
On the team today I forget who they interviewing but said Zibanejad had gotten his wisdom teeth removed, then contracted strep throat while healing, and then got some flu when coming off of strep throat.
It's very possible, when I had mine out in September I wasn't allowed to play sports for a few weeks and they were relatively straight forward. I imagine it also really hits your immune system hard and the flu etc has been going around.

People seem to underestimate the effect having your wisdom teeth out and base it solely on their own experiences. Some people can have them out without being knocked out in a dentist's office, others need to be done in an operating room in a hospital.

Old
12-19-2012, 03:30 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
poor guy.
is he injury prone and sickly?

Old
12-19-2012, 03:37 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

We need to package Mika with Turris and ship these ungrateful trouble-makers off the team. I bet Anaheim would give us at least a 5th round pick for the pair.

Old
12-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitch89 View Post
It's very possible, when I had mine out in September I wasn't allowed to play sports for a few weeks and they were relatively straight forward. I imagine it also really hits your immune system hard and the flu etc has been going around.

People seem to underestimate the effect having your wisdom teeth out and base it solely on their own experiences. Some people can have them out without being knocked out in a dentist's office, others need to be done in an operating room in a hospital.
For my wisdom teeth removal it was full on surgery. I had to be on antibiotics and I wasn't myself for at least 2 weeks.

Old
12-19-2012, 03:39 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
There's not even a hockey season and people are such in a hurry to determine what will be Mika Zibanejad's career.... I seriously have no idea why

Make your own projections or just take the "wait and see" approach... and leave it at that... For the 10th thousand time, there's no conclusion to make right now. N-O-N-E.
True.

The guy barely plays, and doesn't do much when he does.

Old
12-19-2012, 03:48 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateleclaire View Post
we need to package mika with turris and ship these ungrateful trouble-makers off the team. I bet anaheim would give us at least a 5th round pick for the pair.
1/10

Old
sg58

Quote:
Almost too unlikely to be true.

Old
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
We need to package Mika with Turris and ship these ungrateful trouble-makers off the team. I bet Anaheim would give us at least a 5th round pick for the pair.
This.

Why even continue to talk about him? I saw him labeled as a bust somewhere on the internet... Not even worth our precious HF time!

Old
12-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Sure hope that Zbad is not concussed again and the Sens are hiding it. The wisdom teeth / flu episodes should have ended already.

btw) All joking aside Kyle Turris isn't going anywhere.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
I think Zibby is being traded.

Not allowed to go to worlds.
Hasn't played since Cowen went down.
Lots of "reasons" for him not playing.

If the season starts up, I expect to see Zibby traded. Possibly Edler.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:18 PM
General Granny*

"@BSensExaminer: Asked Richardson about Zibanaejad and Boro: On the right track and should return to practice soon. Maybe next week, maybe sooner. #BSens"

Finally something called Journalism happened.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:24 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
At this point he might as well go the WJC's.

Old
12-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
McKenzie said on a TSN panel during the Sweden/US WJC exhibition game that no one seems to know what is ailing Mika and the he apparently has lost weight.

Whatever he has/had, it's something serious. Then again Couturier had mono and managed to pull himself back up so I see no point in worrying about Zibanejad until he comes back; once his back we'll be able assess if he's as ready as Ottawa hopes he is.

Old
12-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

the lack of reporting on Z-bad's extended absence, is likely one of a couple of things:
- the team is unsure what is wrong re his illness, so have kept it vague and thus, him out of the spotlight. May just really be a virus of sorts and not a big deal.
- there is something else going on they would prefer not to get into. They might have steered the media away from asking too many questions with non-answers and "don't go there" threats, which do happen from time to time. Our media are relatively cozy with the team, so most are unlikely to rock the boat, and not many reporters are following Bingo closely anyway (none are down there, other than the occassional trip). The crossed wires by Tim Murray and Zbad's agent on whose choice it was to skip the WJC might also be part of this, although I wouldn't bet on it.

Probably nothing, but who knows. Good to hear he was at the Christmas party.

Old
12-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
For what it's worth I and a few of my friends contracted this insane stomach flu/virus that had us unable to eat anything but soup for about three weeks, I lost ten pounds: the doctors had no idea what caused this.

Old
12-20-2012, 04:45 PM
moz
Gute Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
For what it's worth I and a few of my friends contracted this insane stomach flu/virus that had us unable to eat anything but soup for about three weeks, I lost ten pounds: the doctors had no idea what caused this.
Six weeks and 15 pounds here.

A diet of water and centrum 'cause I'm healthy like that.

edit: oh yeah, plain rice cakes too. Highly recommended, Mika.

12-20-2012, 06:18 PM
the doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
True.

The guy barely plays, and doesn't do much when he does.
Well he's certainly no Brad Isbister .

Something else is clearly going on here with his health that isn't being made public. To be this secretive only leads to speculation that its something serious.

Old
12-21-2012, 07:45 AM
Lenny the Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by the doctor View Post
Well he's certainly no Brad Isbister .

Something else is clearly going on here with his health that isn't being made public. To be this secretive only leads to speculation that its something serious.
It probably is what it is... He's had the dental thing, has been sick a few times in a row, and then he cut his finger while trying to cook chicken and got a concussion and we should have picked Coutourier. No big deal, he'll be back soon.

Old
12-21-2012, 08:12 AM
BK201

Great to hear he'll be back soon want to see him on the ice again

Old
12-21-2012, 09:27 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

Good to see him getting better, had to be concerning for him and the team for him to be in ill health.

12-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Tuna99

vCash: 50
It's kinda weird, this happened last year as well with him, I hope they know what it is and it isn't serious, but the Sens are usually up front about injuries so it is kinda weird they are keeping this one in the grey area.

Old
12-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
It's kinda weird, this happened last year as well with him, I hope they know what it is and it isn't serious, but the Sens are usually up front about injuries so it is kinda weird they are keeping this one in the grey area.
Or it could just be exactly what they are saying it is.

Closed Thread