HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa Senators Playing Elsewhere During The Lockout Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Just another little update from the danish league to the Colin Greening fans.
The 18'th Aalborg Pirates won 6-5 over Esbjerg with another hattrick (3G 0A) from Colin Greening, whom personally turned the tide in the 3'rd period from 4-5 to 6-5.

He has in 13 games 13G 11A and has risen to number 5 on the point list! He really IS dominating the danish league right now!

Zack Smith has 1G 4A in 5 games (currently 98'th on the point list) for Frederikshavn Whitehawks and will have to really get it going if he wants to compete with Greening.

Their respective teams are battling for position 1-2 in the Al-Bank liga.

Old
12-20-2012, 09:38 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
What's with the NHL 10 flaming helmet? (Spezza)

Old
12-20-2012, 10:02 AM
WantEggRoll

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
What's with the NHL 10 flaming helmet? (Spezza)
Something about a lottery and highest scorer on the team promotion.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:04 AM
SenzZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
I don't know how they count shots in the NHL but in the FEL all shots towards the goal, whether they miss the goal or are blocked by players are counted as shots.
Thanks for all the great reports and links, Kentti.

Over here a shot is determined by a puck that hits the goalie, which otherwise would have gone in the net.

ie. a shot that hits the goal post does not count as a SOG, since even if the net had been empty, it still wouldn't have resulted in a goal.

Shots wide and blocked shots also do not count.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Poolshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
Something about a lottery and highest scorer on the team promotion.
The Lottery is in Suomi I guess ;-). In Switzerland is the Topscorer presented by Postfinance, but its almost the same principle. As long as Jason wears the yellow helmet, that means that hes the Topscorer of the Team!

Old
12-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Kentti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolshark View Post
The Lottery is in Suomi I guess ;-). In Switzerland is the Topscorer presented by Postfinance, but its almost the same principle. As long as Jason wears the yellow helmet, that means that hes the Topscorer of the Team!
In Finland the player with most points wears the golden helmet, is it the same with the flame jersey and helmet in the Swiss league? Not just the guy with most goals?

Old
12-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Poolshark

Quote:
In Finland the player with most points wears the golden helmet, is it the same with the flame jersey and helmet in the Swiss league? Not just the guy with most goals?
Yes it's the same, most points, every Assist or second Assist also counts.
http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spon...r_overview.php
In the 90ies we had a Golden Helmet too, sponsored by UBS. But there was an affair with nameless Jewish Gold out of the second world war that was held by this Bank, and some players refused to play with this symbol.

Old
12-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Kentti

Whoah, look at this goal which was scored today in the FEL in a KalPa - SaiPa game. Starts @ 2:03. The scorer is a fourth line winger for KalPa.

http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvsmliiga/...79770_v8.shtml

Old
12-20-2012, 05:22 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Whoah, look at this goal which was scored today in the FEL in a KalPa - SaiPa game. Starts @ 2:03. The scorer is a fourth line winger for KalPa.

http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvsmliiga/...79770_v8.shtml
snipe while falling after the smooth dangle. noice

Old
12-21-2012, 06:59 PM
jaloporo

Just have to say. Seeing Erik Karlsson on ice has been something amazing this season. He is just so good if he is on mood. Freak of nature. To be honest he is kind of too good to be playing in Finland. He brings the puck so easily to the offensive zone and calms the play down. It looks so easy. For being too good I mean he draws so much penalties against him that a lot of fouls against get uncalled. Difference of skill is just sometimes too big. His calmness on blueline is something. And his confidence to make some dekes on blueline.

He is the best offensive D-man I've ever seen live. (Well, he is a Norris trophy winner so no wonder) And he can be excellent at own end too, if he wants. He seems sometimes lazy but if he makes a mistake he will fix it usually and bachcheck lost puck pack.

I've hoped NHL season to begin but now after seeing Karlsson and Filppula dominating I may have changed my mind. Just have to hope Karlsson is staying in Helsinki whole lockout if the season gets cancelled. Sens fans will still have several years to watch Erik at his prime.

This post became one fanboy like but I'm so impressed. The Norris trophy winner, the best.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:27 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloporo View Post
Just have to say. Seeing Erik Karlsson on ice has been something amazing this season. He is just so good if he is on mood. Freak of nature. To be honest he is kind of too good to be playing in Finland. He brings the puck so easily to the offensive zone and calms the play down. It looks so easy. For being too good I mean he draws so much penalties against him that a lot of fouls against get uncalled. Difference of skill is just sometimes too big. His calmness on blueline is something. And his confidence to make some dekes on blueline.

He is the best offensive D-man I've ever seen live. (Well, he is a Norris trophy winner so no wonder) And he can be excellent at own end too, if he wants. He seems sometimes lazy but if he makes a mistake he will fix it usually and bachcheck lost puck pack.

I've hoped NHL season to begin but now after seeing Karlsson and Filppula dominating I may have changed my mind. Just have to hope Karlsson is staying in Helsinki whole lockout if the season gets cancelled. Sens fans will still have several years to watch Erik at his prime.

This post became one fanboy like but I'm so impressed. The Norris trophy winner, the best.
Best post ever.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:42 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:

yeah sometimes he's a little lazy haha. Hopefully he corrects that a little. Otherwise... he's perfect.

Old
12-21-2012, 10:44 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
yeah sometimes he's a little lazy haha. Hopefully he corrects that a little. Otherwise... he's perfect.
gonchar teaching him the ropes

Old
12-22-2012, 01:26 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Lazy? Lol, I can't remember the last or first time I called Karlsson lazy. He tries his best out there all the time. Only times I truly seen him lazy are in these 2 scenarios:

Preseason
Finland

Cause both in a way are not important to him, to a lesser extent Finland.

Old
12-22-2012, 01:39 AM
General Granny*

The worst thing about a lockout is missing prime years of our best players like Alfie last lockout we are missing EK's prime.

Old
12-22-2012, 05:11 AM
Tomas W

Quote:
There is a danger that he thinks he's too good to fail and not putting up the needed effort, thus making unnecessary mistakes. Kind of like what I see from Fowler that plays in Sweden currently. I don't know him (Karlsson), but I can see him be a guy that fall into that mindset from time to time. That will likely to lessen with age/experience.

Old
12-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Fat Doctor

Karlsson's goals in Jokerit so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0zux...j_Bs1y&index=1

Old
12-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Poolshark

Yesterdays game against Kloten Flyers:
http://www.bluewin.ch/de/index.php/1...sset_id=137990

Todays game against ZSC Lions:
http://www.bluewin.ch/de/index.php/1...sset_id=138034

Like I said before, although two lost games, Jason is increasing his ppg production.
Next to come, Spenglercup with Team Canada.

@Swedish Mafia
Did you get your Jersey signed?

Old
12-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Swedish Mafia
Baby got Backstrom

Quote:
Yesterdays game against Kloten Flyers:
http://www.bluewin.ch/de/index.php/1...sset_id=137990

Todays game against ZSC Lions:
http://www.bluewin.ch/de/index.php/1...sset_id=138034

Like I said before, although two lost games, Jason is increasing his ppg production.
Next to come, Spenglercup with Team Canada.

@Swedish Mafia
Did you get your Jersey signed?
Yeah I did actually, he's a beauty. I flagged him down in warm up, I yelled his name and showed him the jersey and he yelled "go to the bench!" So I went around to the bench and after the warm up he came over to me. I said "hey I came from Nova scotia to catch the game!" He kinda smiled and shrugged, signed the jersey and went on his way. I was expecting at least an "oh thats cool" but hey he took the time after the warm up to sign my jersey so I'm not complaining!

Old
12-24-2012, 01:41 AM
Poolshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Mafia View Post
Yeah I did actually, he's a beauty. I flagged him down in warm up, I yelled his name and showed him the jersey and he yelled "go to the bench!" So I went around to the bench and after the warm up he came over to me. I said "hey I came from Nova scotia to catch the game!" He kinda smiled and shrugged, signed the jersey and went on his way. I was expecting at least an "oh thats cool" but hey he took the time after the warm up to sign my jersey so I'm not complaining!
On that rainy day it was a much better idea to catch him after the warm up then after the game outside . But I think as a professional player, he’s focused on the game at this time. As I assess him, he’s a fun person but also a meek guy. Saw him several times around the Stadium or in a Bar and he’s always greeting friendly and if fans ask him for a picture, he never refuses.

Old
12-24-2012, 05:04 AM
Swedish Mafia
Baby got Backstrom

Quote:
On that rainy day it was a much better idea to catch him after the warm up then after the game outside . But I think as a professional player, hes focused on the game at this time. As I assess him, hes a fun person but also a meek guy. Saw him several times around the Stadium or in a Bar and hes always greeting friendly and if fans ask him for a picture, he never refuses.
I wasn't going to count on the fact that I'd run into him after the game to get it signed, I had to drive back to my hotel in Zurich so I had some driving to do, so I just wanted to get out of there. Either way it was very nice of him to come over before the game and sign it

Old
12-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Poolshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Mafia View Post
I wasn't going to count on the fact that I'd run into him after the game to get it signed, I had to drive back to my hotel in Zurich so I had some driving to do, so I just wanted to get out of there. Either way it was very nice of him to come over before the game and sign it
Ok. all right. How was your impression about the game, arena, Jasons achievement?
Hope you haven't been shocked, it's different then North American Hockey

Old
12-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Larionov

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Granny View Post
The worst thing about a lockout is missing prime years of our best players like Alfie last lockout we are missing EK's prime.
This is very true. I always think about how much further up the all time lists various players would be if they hadn't missed half a season in 1995, and a full season in 2005. Now you can add this lost season to the list. Karlsson is a special hockey player, and instead of seeing him in his prime against the best, he's playing in Finland. Bill Daly keeps saying he has no idea how we got to this point - I suggest that he and Bettman spend Christmas day giving that question some deep thought.

Old
12-24-2012, 09:59 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:

Its not Finland. He looks too good to be in the NHL most nights too.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Swedish Mafia
Baby got Backstrom

Quote:
Ok. all right. How was your impression about the game, arena, Jasons achievement?
Hope you haven't been shocked, it's different then North American Hockey
Spezza had a pretty sick jersey, it's weird to see a flame instead of a number on his jersey. The atmosphere was crazy with that one whole section of hooligans.

As for the play its self it was decent level of play, Aebischer clearly doesn't belong in the NHL and one defenceman that really stuck out for me was Lukas Stoop. Damn, he had a rocket of a shot

Closed Thread