HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT Thread Part IIX: The How Do Roman Numerals Work? Edition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-21-2012, 09:39 PM
  #176
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Jeesus you guys are babies.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:14 PM
  #177
petejudge
Registered User
 
petejudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
graduated college yesterday and got my wisdom teeth out today. great way to start things!

i drive a 1800 flowers van for my job and i wasn't able to get off because of my teeth, so i actually worked today before my surgery (was hoping to sleep through the day so i didnt have to worry about the no eating after midnight thing) and relax, instead i had a wild day and then drove right to the surgeon. gotta be in at 9am tomorrow too and drive so i cant even take the percs!

petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:39 PM
  #178
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Just take a perc to cope if its rough. Trust me, they have to tell you not to drive to avoid lawsuits but unless you're 95lbs like my gf, who also would be prescribed percs and told not to drive, you'll be fine if you take one at a time and spread them out.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:46 PM
  #179
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Just take a perc to cope if its rough. Trust me, they have to tell you not to drive to avoid lawsuits but unless you're 95lbs like my gf, who also would be prescribed percs and told not to drive, you'll be fine if you take one at a time and spread them out.
Yeah. I took those...they helped the pains and aches a lot. Ugh. Those were the days...sitting in bed watcjhing Dr. who and playing Black ops.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:58 PM
  #180
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,451
vCash: 500
What's a perc?

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:18 PM
  #181
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
What's a perc?
A percoset.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:19 PM
  #182
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
A percoset.
Paladone, go big or go home
I wouldn't drive after one a paladone though.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:31 PM
  #183
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Selkirk, NY
Country: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 3,345
vCash: 400

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:35 PM
  #184
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
They never prescribe anything good for minor surgery. I'm a big fan of opiates but a perc 5/10 is basic post surgery/broken bone kid stuff. They'll literally prescribe it to adolescents. You can drive on it as long as you're reasonable in your judgement.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:43 PM
  #185
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
how do you get prescribed codeine?

Ave Maria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:48 PM
  #186
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Have pain. There's dozens of codeine derivatives. Hydrocodeine. Oxycodeine. Mild dosages are prescribed for virtually anything. Chronic back pain. Broken bones. Dental procedures. All will get you some degree of pain pill. I'm convinced the only way to get the strong stuff is to keep going back to the doctor and complaining that what they gave you wasn't working and you're still in constant pain because I can't think of regular conditions where a person needs 40-80mg doses.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:50 PM
  #187
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Have pain. There's dozens of codeine derivatives. Hydrocodeine. Oxycodeine. Mild dosages are prescribed for virtually anything. Chronic back pain. Broken bones. Dental procedures. All will get you some degree of pain pill. I'm convinced the only way to get the strong stuff is to keep going back to the doctor and complaining that what they gave you wasn't working and you're still in constant pain because I can't think of regular conditions where a person needs 40-80mg doses.
alright thanks

Ave Maria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:14 AM
  #188
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,451
vCash: 500
Be careful with pain killers though kids. JCresty over here had a bad time with it.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:19 AM
  #189
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Be careful with pain killers though kids. JCresty over here had a bad time with it.
As a medical professional I have to agree. They help with pain but can be severely habit forming and have tons of side effects. With that said, I really got great relief from vicodin and tylenol 3 with codeine.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:21 AM
  #190
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
As a medical professional I have to agree. They help with pain but can be severely habit forming and have tons of side effects. With that said, I really got great relief from vicodin and tylenol 3 with codeine.
I am adding you to my Christmas card and ham list. It's cheaper than a monthly $19.99 WebMD subscription

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:33 AM
  #191
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
I find the conversation interesting (though perhaps not appropriate for this forum). I enjoy opiates and occasionally take them recreationaly, in what would be deemed an 'abusive' manner, yet I do so roughly once per three weeks or about 15-20 times over the course of a year. I have heard dozens of people talk about how habit forming they are and witnessed friends and acquaintances be shipped off to rehab, become drug seeking low-life shells of their former selves and even witnessed a few deaths (of younger kids from the area, none whom I knew personally). I have never formed a habit. I've indulged the same (roughly) 15-20 times per year for at least 3-4 years now and have barely upped the dose, let alone formed a habit.

Now, I've also been able to smoke cigarettes (about one pack per two days, for about 3-4 months solid) and then just stop cold turkey because I no longer got enjoyment out of it, in the past, so I don't think I have a very habit forming personality, but I find it interesting because, in the illicit and yet 'innocent' way that I occasionally indulge myself, I find opiates to be kind of... a very positive influence in my life. When I do decide to use them, it's usually almost ritualistic in the sense that it's not just a cheap thrill but something that I look forward, prepare for and set aside an entire evening for, and the effects are typically calming and euphoric and provide a much needed respite from regular life. Often, a lot of clarity is gleamed from that one evening and than put to use in a positive manner in the days that follow. I understand that most people have a difficult time maintaining a healthy respect for the substances they use and that a lot of lives have been ruined because of pain killers, but I maintain that there's really nothing wrong with the use that I have put them to. I know most will disagree.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 01:27 AM
  #192
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I find the conversation interesting (though perhaps not appropriate for this forum). I enjoy opiates and occasionally take them recreationaly, in what would be deemed an 'abusive' manner, yet I do so roughly once per three weeks or about 15-20 times over the course of a year. I have heard dozens of people talk about how habit forming they are and witnessed friends and acquaintances be shipped off to rehab, become drug seeking low-life shells of their former selves and even witnessed a few deaths (of younger kids from the area, none whom I knew personally). I have never formed a habit. I've indulged the same (roughly) 15-20 times per year for at least 3-4 years now and have barely upped the dose, let alone formed a habit.

Now, I've also been able to smoke cigarettes (about one pack per two days, for about 3-4 months solid) and then just stop cold turkey because I no longer got enjoyment out of it, in the past, so I don't think I have a very habit forming personality, but I find it interesting because, in the illicit and yet 'innocent' way that I occasionally indulge myself, I find opiates to be kind of... a very positive influence in my life. When I do decide to use them, it's usually almost ritualistic in the sense that it's not just a cheap thrill but something that I look forward, prepare for and set aside an entire evening for, and the effects are typically calming and euphoric and provide a much needed respite from regular life. Often, a lot of clarity is gleamed from that one evening and than put to use in a positive manner in the days that follow. I understand that most people have a difficult time maintaining a healthy respect for the substances they use and that a lot of lives have been ruined because of pain killers, but I maintain that there's really nothing wrong with the use that I have put them to. I know most will disagree.
I do not and have not ever used pain meds recreationally. The times i've had then were always prescribed. I have seen people while at work that you could set your watch to when it comes to when they need their next dose and some with doses that would put me out for a week. I'm 6'6" 200lbs so I'm not tiny. Just throwing my 2 cents in.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 01:39 AM
  #193
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I do not and have not ever used pain meds recreationally. The times i've had then were always prescribed. I have seen people while at work that you could set your watch to when it comes to when they need their next dose and some with doses that would put me out for a week. I'm 6'6" 200lbs so I'm not tiny. Just throwing my 2 cents in.
I don't doubt any of it. I suppose I'm just lucky to have a strong will and a non-addictive personality, while at the same time cursed with an experimental and rebellious nature. I enjoy them, but like I said, always allow a few weeks in between to get it out of my system, avoid building up a tolerance and make sure I don't get myself hooked. When I do do it, I make sure I have no plans, make sure I have no need to leave the house again that evening and then enjoy it in a ritual-esque manner that, I feel, shows respect for the substance and process. I believe I'm much more careful than friends and acquaintances who've gotten themselves hooked and in trouble. They've done so in far less time than I've been doing them and I've watched their rise and fall, so to speak, while maintaining my steady, casual, respectful use. I love opiates. I can fully see how people DO get hooked. I just know my limits and am blessed with a strong will. I've been under the effects of opiates and said "man, I could do this everyday"... I've just never tried to because I know better. I'm also 5' 9 200lbs so I'm quite a bit denser than you, if that factors in at all.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 01:44 AM
  #194
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Screw You Rick Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,264
vCash: 3000
A while ago, I had my wisdom teeth pulled out (on two different days). When you go in to get them pulled out, they drugged the **** out of me with that laughing gas, and I haven't been so happy before in my life (well maybe not since I was like 15 and used things I might get an infraction for saying here ). After I had the teeth pulled out, I was prescribed with vicotin (sp?) and didn't really need them. I just had a whole bottle of them and after I took one, I felt sort of comfortable. I took them to go to sleep, and I took them in class. Once I ran out, I didn't feel any urge to buy them illegally or lie to a doctor. This whole thing repeated when I got my other wisdom tooth pulled out.

The moral of my story is... I don't really have a moral of the story. If you can do stay safe, I don't really see the harm in it.

__________________
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<
-]>++++++.>+.+++++++++++++++.>+++++++++.<-.
>-------.<<-----.>----.>.<<+++++++++++.>-------------
-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 07:06 AM
  #195
petejudge
Registered User
 
petejudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
I've been adding a perc with 2 advil, it doesn't make me high or anything it's just enough to help the pain a bit more. My problem with the percs is they make me super nauseas, to the point where its almost not worth it. I have a weak stomach and I don't screw around with any kinds of recreational drugs so I'm sure that has something to do with how poorly my body reacts.

On that note though, I had a friend who had minor surgery, was prescribed percs, and got addicted to pain killers. He was a real big guy too, probably 6'2 250 so I guess the higher doses he needed were what got him hooked. He killed himself at 24 because of these so I have a pretty close connection with seeing this crap first hand. My bosses son also recently went to rehab for PK addiction and the guy is BEYOND messed up. I think more than anything it scares the hell out of me that I could end up like that so I'll try my best to stay away from the percs if possible, and only use them if things are getting really rough (which thankfully they haven't been).

petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:19 AM
  #196
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,997
vCash: 500
We should lighten up the mood...just sayin

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:49 AM
  #197
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
I've been adding a perc with 2 advil, it doesn't make me high or anything it's just enough to help the pain a bit more. My problem with the percs is they make me super nauseas, to the point where its almost not worth it. I have a weak stomach and I don't screw around with any kinds of recreational drugs so I'm sure that has something to do with how poorly my body reacts.

On that note though, I had a friend who had minor surgery, was prescribed percs, and got addicted to pain killers. He was a real big guy too, probably 6'2 250 so I guess the higher doses he needed were what got him hooked. He killed himself at 24 because of these so I have a pretty close connection with seeing this crap first hand. My bosses son also recently went to rehab for PK addiction and the guy is BEYOND messed up. I think more than anything it scares the hell out of me that I could end up like that so I'll try my best to stay away from the percs if possible, and only use them if things are getting really rough (which thankfully they haven't been).
The only time I took a percocet I got nauseous and threw up. I also hadn't eaten in like 10 hours. You should always eat before taking medication. Unless directed to otherwise.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 10:58 AM
  #198
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
I feel like I'm in the drug dealing thread

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 11:26 AM
  #199
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
MPF, you should be able to answer this.

Will gaining muscle, in say my chest, arms, and shoulders, help at all with my stomach?

Will it contour my body and help make my stomach flatter, or do you need to do separate workouts for your stomach? I'm not talking about a six pack, just making my stomach more flat (getting rid of fat).

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 11:28 AM
  #200
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
So... heading back into the city today, I think, with the girlfriend and some of her co-workers. Probably not going to be as fun as it could be, given the company (gossip and christmas carols are likely to be all I'll hear today), but should be a decent time anyhow. Put myself in the spirit a bit more. I was thinking it would be fun to skate, but I don't want to carry $700 ice skates around the city with me and I'll never rent in my life. Also don't really get too excited about waiting on long lines, but skating outside at Bryant Park with my girl would be a nice memory.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.