HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers during the lockout (12/12: Stepan, McDonagh, Nash, Del Zotto return home)

Old
12-11-2012, 12:32 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Del Zotto -8.

Ouch.
There's only one player on his team that is even. Everyone else is a minus, including Spezza at -9. I guess his team sucks.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 12:36 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
So is our only player still playing overseas Derek Stepan?
Yeah. Zuccarello is also in the KHL, but not because of the lockout. That's just where he chose to continue his career for the time being.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
There's only one player on his team that is even. Everyone else is a minus, including Spezza at -9. I guess his team sucks.
saved me the trouble of looking it up.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 12:48 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
He has about a year to rest.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 05:16 AM
glassbangers
"I home."

vCash: 50
Derek Stepan returns to New York. Said he believes NHL will start soon and he wants to be ready to play.

"I want to thank the whole organization of KalPa for everything what they've done for me. There is only good things to say about my teammates and I really liked the city of Kuopio. It has been awesome to play in a front of such a crowd and be a part of an organization like this. I really hope success to KalPa, they can go a long way in the playoffs."

Stepan had 2 goals and 4 points in 12 games.

Source in Finnish.

glassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 06:30 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
With so many guys returning i can't help but channel the optomist inside me and think something GOOD is gonna happen for once.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 06:37 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
These "groin pulls" or "groin strains" are nothing more than these guys pushing too hard because they are not in regular season shape. That is the exact reason why these guys are over in Europe playing (besides a side income) to begin with.
Nah, I think Nash ought to be in regular season shape by now. One would have to assume that he basically would have been prepared to play when our camp should have started in mid-september. You don't show up in a Torts lead camp to get in shape...

I think its as much about these players sitting out in conditions they would have played with in the NHL. Sore back, groin strains and what not. A hockey player lives with those type of pains. Now there is alot of rumble about the season startening soon and what not, so I recon they just want to take it easy for a couple of weeks so that they can start the NHL season fresh.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 06:40 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
Derek Stepan returns to New York. Said he believes NHL will start soon and he wants to be ready to play.

"I want to thank the whole organization of KalPa for everything what they've done for me. There is only good things to say about my teammates and I really liked the city of Kuopio. It has been awesome to play in a front of such a crowd and be a part of an organization like this. I really hope success to KalPa, they can go a long way in the playoffs."

Stepan had 2 goals and 4 points in 12 games.

Source in Finnish.
Stepan had a ugly PO's in NY and 4 pts in the SM-lliiggaa isn't that impressive...

He got something to prove.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 08:59 AM
JHaggis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Stepan had a ugly PO's in NY and 4 pts in the SM-lliiggaa isn't that impressive...

He got something to prove.
Agree,not so good points in 12 game in Kalpa. Must go double that i think so good player that she is.

JHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 09:28 AM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
A bunch of Rangers were bartending on Staten Island during the aftermath of Sandy. This is one guy's story.

http://snyrangersblog.com/charity/re...staten-island/

I didn't see any Devils jerseys but its certainly possible. They were cursing like sailors. Cally started a "**** Bettman" chant at one point.

BTW Bay Ridge is in Brooklyn not Staten Island.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 06:36 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Why are all of these players coming home?

I haven't heard anything good that would indicate that this is ending anytime soon?

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Faxius

vCash: 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post

I haven't heard anything good that would indicate that this is ending anytime soon?
Injuries, some signed a short contract and it's up, some are trying to avoid paying tax. Talking league-wide now.

Faxius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post

It's the holidays--in Europe (especially northern Europe) things are pretty quiet during the holidays, people either go away or hang out with family. I wonder if the SEL, KHL etc, even have games?

And there's also the understanding that things are getting close--one way or another--with the labor situation. Players can always go back after the holidays, if things don't get settled.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 12:18 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Thanks for the clarification, guys.

Wondering what the hell would be going on with that if there wasn't any sign of a season in sight. Didn't make sense.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Snow Soccer

McDonagh doing an autograph signing on the 28th in Paramus:

http://www.steinersports.com/upcoming-signings.html

Snow Soccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
It's the holidays--in Europe (especially northern Europe) things are pretty quiet during the holidays, people either go away or hang out with family. I wonder if the SEL, KHL etc, even have games?

And there's also the understanding that things are getting close--one way or another--with the labor situation. Players can always go back after the holidays, if things don't get settled.
Yep you are right.
With Christmas coming on Monday - Wednesday ans Silvester one week later, many of them are in holidays etc
(<-- sitting in the office for my last 2 hours before christmas )

Realize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Vitto79

he's not a Ranger but if the season starts could they be intersted in Huselius? He just came back from injury oveseas, scored a few goals, would be good on the 3rd line wing no? I think they are kind of weak there and he could play 2nd line minutes with Kreider on the 3rd ?

I know some will say get a C but reality is Torts likes Boyle and Halpern is a good vet 4th, top 2 are set with Richards and Stepan. Rather build depth on the Wing. Also Miller may be ready by yrs end to play some C and next yr Lindberg should be in camp.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 08:20 AM
NYR Viper

I think Torts and the Rangers are higher on Kolarik than many here believe. I think they are hoping for him to round into form and take a 3rd/4th line center spot if it becomes available. I wouldn't be against Huselius, not sure where he plays. Pyatt will play every night and is a 3rd liner on almost every NHL team. Size, strength, grit. Sounds a lot like Boyle....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
I think Torts and the Rangers are higher on Kolarik than many here believe. I think they are hoping for him to round into form and take a 3rd/4th line center spot if it becomes available. I wouldn't be against Huselius, not sure where he plays. Pyatt will play every night and is a 3rd liner on almost every NHL team. Size, strength, grit. Sounds a lot like Boyle....
With a 48 game season (assuming there is one), the strong possibility of the cap going down next fall and the hope that the Rangers will build on their playoff success, I seriously doubt there will be much time to add unknown quantities and hope they round into form as they learn to play in the NHL. I don't know enough about Huselius to have an opinion, but i could see the team signing at least one more veteran winger/center (hopefully one with a little scoring punch left) for the sprint that will be the season.

Old
12-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:

Kolarik seems to be similar to Ken Gernander in the sense that he's so close to making the NHL, but because he never took that final little step, he's stuck riding the bus for no money in the minors. That said, Gernander was in a way a victim of his own success as the team's captain: the Rangers regarded him as more important as an AHL captain grooming others than as a bit player in the NHL. When he got called up in 1995, he did reasonably well, yet got sent down and never saw the light of day again until the Rangers went on a sell-off spree in 2004 and he had to step in for a couple of games because nobody else was available.

I hope that isn't Kolarik's fate. He should do whatever it takes to improve just a little bit more: take skating lessons, bulk up, work on his shooting. He's turning 27 in a few weeks. It's now or never for him. He can make millions or he can ruin his health as a minor league player and have nothing to show for it when he retires.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
With a 48 game season ...

Once again, it will NOT be a 48 game season. It was 48 last time because there were 26 teams so you could play the other 12 teams in your conference 4 times each. Why would it be 48 games this time? It would be either 42 games or 56 (3 games per team or 4).

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:21 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

For a 48 game schedule:

1 game against each non conference team: 15
1 game against each conference, non division team: 10
= 25 games

5 games against each division team: 20
= 45 games

3 left

Maybe a 45 game season would make more sense.

Take those 3 extra games and have a short pre-season.

One week camp, with 3 pre-season games included. 45 game regular season. Usual playoff format.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:26 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Double post.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:30 AM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
For a 48 game schedule:

1 game against each non conference team: 15
1 game against each conference, non division team: 10
= 25 games

5 games against each division team: 20
= 45 games

3 left

Maybe a 45 game season would make more sense.

Take those 3 extra games and have a short pre-season.

One week camp, with 3 pre-season games included. 45 game regular season. Usual playoff format.
I expect that inter-conference games are already off the table at this point. Whatever we get, if anything, will probably be entirely intra-conference.

azrok22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Once again, it will NOT be a 48 game season. It was 48 last time because there were 26 teams so you could play the other 12 teams in your conference 4 times each. Why would it be 48 games this time? It would be either 42 games or 56 (3 games per team or 4).
It doesn't matter whether it's 48 games or 52 games or whatever--it's a short season, which means it's a sprint to the playoffs. There's just no time to be playing around with adding prospects to the lineup (short of injuries--which, in a shortened season, could be devastating too).

People have to get used to the fact that the Rangers are no longer in the process of rebuilding. If a settlement is reached and the cap is going down starting next season, this is pretty much it. Sather and Company are no longer aiming for the a good run in the playoffs, the aim is to win it all, now.