HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2014 NHL Draft Prospects

Old
12-19-2012, 08:19 PM
thomast

vCash: 500
Kasperi Kapanen makes tomorrow his debut in FEL replacing Artturi Lehkonen from top line because of WJC duties. He is son of Sami Kapanen who is former NHL-player.

I like the Finnish mentality nowadays. They give chance for offensive minded players to play in offensive role and big responsibility from day 1. He's most likely getting just couple games but good experience for him.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:05 PM
Defensive Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post
The kid being talked about is Connor McDavid.

Hes a consistent forward, smart player and Crosby has said he is a remarkable player and would love to play with him soon. The same way Gretzky talked about Crosby.

Nothing is too crazy about this fellow yet, except his age and maturity both mentally and physically. A 15 year old who can play with the Juniors already and compete strongly. He will surely be on the top of the wishlist in the next 2-3 years... he is draft eligible by 2015.

I mean, its an understatement to say nothing crazy yet because hes playing along young adults as a young teen and has 40 points in 35 games but I hope you all understand that he still needs time to develop. And I am confident he will.

I guess cuz we have seen this before, and CRAZY would literally have to mean the guy could compete in the NHL today. But like I said, hes a remarkable player and I would love to watch more of the kid. Might have to go to an OHL game this year for the Eerie Otters.

Anyway, i think this is the kid your talking about. Already signed by Reebok
I'm not sure whether you are referencing a specific poster with your answer or not, but McDavid is a prospect for the 2015 draft, not 2014.

edit: Never mind, I did not see you mention 2015 in your post when I first read it. Sorry

Last edited by Defensive Forward: 12-19-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Defensive Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post
The kid being talked about is Connor McDavid.

Hes a consistent forward, smart player and Crosby has said he is a remarkable player and would love to play with him soon. The same way Gretzky talked about Crosby.

Nothing is too crazy about this fellow yet, except his age and maturity both mentally and physically. A 15 year old who can play with the Juniors already and compete strongly. He will surely be on the top of the wishlist in the next 2-3 years... he is draft eligible by 2015.

I mean, its an understatement to say nothing crazy yet because hes playing along young adults as a young teen and has 40 points in 35 games but I hope you all understand that he still needs time to develop. And I am confident he will.

I guess cuz we have seen this before, and CRAZY would literally have to mean the guy could compete in the NHL today. But like I said, hes a remarkable player and I would love to watch more of the kid. Might have to go to an OHL game this year for the Eerie Otters.

Anyway, i think this is the kid your talking about. Already signed by Reebok
How does this McDavid fellow compare to Dustin Rose?

Garyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:46 AM
f1nn

Send a message via AIM to f1nn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
How does this McDavid fellow compare to Dustin Rose?
Come on dude.. Is it really fair to compare ANYONE to Dustin Rose?

f1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 09:48 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Nikolaj Ehlers has now been called up to Biel's NLA team.
He is the youngest ever to play in the NLA

Link (in danish)

http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/super...hockeyhistorie

Also, Ehlers now has 20G & 20A for 40points in 28 games in the U20 league.
Enough for a split 3rd place on the league point list.

Keep in mind Ehlers is probably the youngest of all on that list.

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 12-26-2012 at 05:17 AM.
ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:42 AM
sportznut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
Any standouts yet? Sorry for the earliness, but every once in a while these threads reveal some names that end up panning out. If you don't like it, leave the thread!
New to the board and enjoy all the read....great observations and detailed info.

As a season ticket holder for the Oshawa Generals I just want to add, it has been a delight to watch Michael Dal Colle this season/playoffs. Everything I have read on him in this thread is true..he will be a gem. Couple of things I want to add about his ability besides his offense...for a 96 I was really impressed with his strength on the boards(plays like a veteran) and his discipline is extremely advanced, skates away from the crap and plays 110%... has tremendous team spirit. He is a complete package.

Lastly, after watching the Niagara Ice Dogs play Oshawa in the first playoff round, there was a player that caught my eye that I have not see in this thread (I may had missed it if it was)...Brendan Perlini (Apr 96 - 6'2" 182). From what I saw in the playoffs and if he continues his play into next season I think he will spark some interest. Big,strong,fast and good hands ....player to watch.

Cheers

sportznut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Flynn84

http://www.hockeyprospect.com/2013-n...prospects-list

Lyamkin so high. I didn't think that he can be a top prospect in some ratings .

Last edited by Flynn84: 06-04-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Flynn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Felix Perreault

For those who wants to talk about the 2014 NHL Draft also on Facebook and puslish some link of hfboards, it's now possible on https://www.facebook.com/2014NhlDraftTalk
Like and share, it woulb be nice tohave a lot of people in the page !

Felix Perreault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Weird how it works, this year has so many QMJHL prospects in the first few rounds but then 2014 looks like it's going to be pretty ugly for the Q

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote