HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: NHL and GJ, Put Up or Shut Up!

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2012, 10:24 AM
doaner

vCash: 500
Sweet!!!

Early x-mas gift to all Yotes fans

Last edited by doaner: 12-21-2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: More
Old
12-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Sweet!!!

And coal for all the conspiracy theorists...

Well at least in regards to barneyg's input on the previous page...the news about skeete signing the agreement will just create a whole new conspiracy outlet.

Last edited by Devils Advocate: 12-21-2012 at 10:57 AM. Reason: everyone loves a conspiracy
Old
12-21-2012, 10:54 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I thought we had another six days before that was possible?

As far as the purchase from the NHL, you guys are probably onto something in terms of the lost games penalty due to CoG. Why buy now when cancellations continue to pile up? It's just too simple an answer for the foil hat crowd, but those guys are so far gone it really doesn't matter. They've been chattering so much over on that other board over the years that they have really created their own alternate reality. They seem to think their mega threads will make great source material for a book about municipal corruption. I say it'd be more effective for a book about group think, delusions, and cognitive dissonance.

12-21-2012, 10:59 AM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
They seem to think their mega threads will make great source material for a book about municipal corruption.
Woodward and Bernstein better watch their backs.

Old
12-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
@clarkjv

Great! All that has to be done is complete the sale and the threat of relocation is over and hopefully never comes back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Sweet!!!

The Christmas gift of completing the sale of the team to keep in AZ will be even better if we do get it on Christmas or after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
And coal for all the conspiracy theorists...

Well at least in regards to barneyg's input on the previous page...the news about skeete signing the agreement will just create a whole new conspiracy outlet.
And another way for others to scream conspiracy way to easy as well.

Quote:

As far as the purchase from the NHL, you guys are probably onto something in terms of the lost games penalty due to CoG. Why buy now when cancellations continue to pile up? It's just too simple an answer for the foil hat crowd, but those guys are so far gone it really doesn't matter. They've been chattering so much over on that other board over the years that they have really created their own alternate reality. They seem to think their mega threads will make great source material for a book about municipal corruption. I say it'd be more effective for a book about group think, delusions, and cognitive dissonance.
Except others will argue that we could be in another CBA fight 5 or more years from now with the possible threat of the season being canceled as well. What does Jamison do thenif that happens? Just bailout on the team to avoid paying penalties? The other 29 owners are willing to take on the losses if any occur as a result of this current lockout, Jamison or whoever own the Coyotes should be able to do the same.

The truth is the city has come though once again and this signing sees to it that it is all out of their hands for good. Complete the sale and the lease is effective. Don't complete the sale and the lease that was signed becomes invalid.

Once again to the NHL and GJ; Put up or shut up!

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 12-21-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old
12-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Naurutger

vCash: 1454
@JSportsnet

Quote:
By the way,someone in Phx. just told me today was important because "it's further down the road than the process has ever been in the past."
Obviously its not the end all but with the holidays, I fully expect to hear rumblings of a BOG vote after the 7th. Perhaps I am full of too much cheer.

Old
12-21-2012, 11:46 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:

it can be signed but not executed for 30 days.

Old
12-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Naurutger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
it can be signed but not executed for 30 days.
I work in another city government so if Glendale is anything like our department, then everyone will be out until the 2nd. So this was probably the last day that city leaders would have been around to sign it.

It helped that Jones only had a few hundred sigs and most of those were invalidated because they occurred before the 14th of this month.

Old
12-21-2012, 11:56 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
I work in another city government so if Glendale is anything like our department, then everyone will be out until the 2nd. So this was probably the last day that city leaders would have been around to sign it.

It helped that Jones only had a few hundred sigs and most of those were invalidated because they occurred before the 14th of this month.
I'm sure if the City felt that the referendum even had an inkling of a shot they would have held back. Perhaps the [early] signing had more to do with instilling confidence in perspective investors that the new seated council wouldn't try to unravel the deal before it can close.

edit: I have been keeping the Bankruptcy guy as my avitar as a rabbit foot of luck since the ass hole Moyes put us into bankruptcy court. I sense the end is here and I am looking forward to reinstating my old avitar: a Coyotes player photoshoped to look like the joker.

Old
12-21-2012, 01:23 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

AP, I'm not suggesting JIG can't afford to pay lost game fees. I'm saying there is no sense in paying them unless they have to. Big difference.

Old
12-22-2012, 12:22 AM
TheLegend
43rd TankBuster Wing

Quote:

You have to admit it rt..... it's entertaining.

Old
12-22-2012, 05:33 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

So we might actually be close to REALLY BEING two weeks away?

Old
12-22-2012, 09:19 AM
barneyg
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Again rt, the lease clearly states that the $60k/game penalty does NOT apply to 2012-13. This is not a conspiracy theory, it is a fact.

Old
12-22-2012, 10:26 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
Again rt, the lease clearly states that the $60k/game penalty does NOT apply to 2012-13. This is not a conspiracy theory, it is a fact.
So much for that idea. Good to know. Thanks.

Still, doesnt matter much.

Old
12-22-2012, 11:02 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Considering the state of labor affairs in the league, good chance that lockout provision will come into play AGAIN In the next ten years beyond 2012-12.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:10 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Good Fan/Bad Fan

vCash: 50
The arena management agreement goes into effect tomorrow barring a turn in of signatures to bring it up on referendum? We could actually be 2 weeks away?

Old
12-27-2012, 01:32 AM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
The arena management agreement goes into effect tomorrow barring a turn in of signatures to bring it up on referendum? We could actually be 2 weeks away?
The agreement doesn't go into effect until the team sells and Jamison signs the agreement. The City gave him until Jan. 31 to complete the sale. Today (Thursday) is the last day signatures can be turned in to try and get the ref on the ballot. Doubt that happens, which will be one more hurdle cleared.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:36 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Also today is the earliest the deal could be executed (the net 30 days). So if Mr Jameson would have been able to close his part of the deal today then yes conceivably he could own the team by midnight.

It's all in Greg's hands. It's now up to him to carry the ball in for the touchdown.

Old
12-27-2012, 01:00 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Good Fan/Bad Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
The agreement doesn't go into effect until the team sells and Jamison signs the agreement. The City gave him until Jan. 31 to complete the sale. Today (Thursday) is the last day signatures can be turned in to try and get the ref on the ballot. Doubt that happens, which will be one more hurdle cleared.
I probably said it wrong. I was thinking more along the lines of the council "vote" becoming effective today since it was not an emergency measure, unless a certain number of signatures are gathered to place the council decision on a referendum at a later date.

From twitter:

George Fallar ‏@gfallar Glendale City Clerk's office just now when asked if "Back To Sanity" showed up with petitions to hand in: "Nope"

Old
12-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Naurutger

Officially their signatures were never turned in today at the deadline 2 minutes ago...all on the other side for once.

Old
12-31-2012, 11:19 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Have a Very All!

Lets hope this thing gets settled positively in 2013, team
stays put, the past 4years just a series of bad memories....

Old
12-31-2012, 11:25 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Good Fan/Bad Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Have a Very All!

Lets hope this thing gets settled positively in 2013, team
stays put, the past 4years just a series of bad memories....
No matter what happens, last year alone was full of good memories...Doan hat trick, Smitty's goal tending, Feb 2012, Whitney's 1000th point, Vrbata's 35 goals, and that deep playoff run. Always look on the bright side of life.

Old
01-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 466
Quote:
the lease clearly states that the $60k/game penalty does NOT apply to 2012-13. This is not a conspiracy theory, it is a fact.
Thank you for the infomation here but it's not going to really matter all that much. During the time when the out/exit clause was an option floating around, I kept hearing nothing but negative crap about the out/exit clause in place isn't true and I debunked all of the negative crap when I provided the Nashville Preds as a perfect example of how the team and the market is doing great with the current owner having an exit clause. In no point in time did anyone who was wrong about their negative ideas of an exit clause bother to say they were wrong and they stand corrected. Instead I got the same kind of responses(and lack of response from some) assoicated with having infomation that falls on deaf ears.

Only so many people are interested in true intellectualism while too many others are more focused on finding ways to give each other a bad name in an embarrassing fashion.

It's a new year now and hopefully this mess will come to an end very soon.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:23 PM
OT OEL

Any one got any news on anything? I'm jonesing for some flicker of news

Old
01-03-2013, 09:57 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by korpedo View Post
Any one got any news on anything? I'm jonesing for some flicker of news
No, but if there was, I guarantee it would go something like this.

Daly: We are working with Greg Jamison to complete the sale as quickly as possible.

Jamison: We're working on due diligence of the sale and should complete it in the next several weeks.

Rinse and repeat indefinitely haha. At least we know that it will finally be over this time with no more false alarms by the end of this month.

Closed Thread