HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12'/13' Marlies Part I|24-14-2-2|Colborne and Ashton stepping up?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-22-2012, 09:50 AM
  #376
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,774
vCash: 50
Oh yeah, LR, edit the Marlies win/loss in the title. It is way off.

Edit : http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=standings shows 16-9-1-1

Grant is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:54 AM
  #377
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Philip Joseph Kessel, Jr.
I can see them having good chemistry together. But they need size on the other wing then. It would be awesome if Kadri can be our 1st line centre though.

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:54 AM
  #378
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Oh yeah, LR, edit the Marlies win/loss in the title. It is way off.

Edit : http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=standings shows 16-9-1-1
Done and Done.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:55 AM
  #379
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,774
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Done and Done.
Thanks, how the title ever got to 10 losses I do not know

Grant is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:55 AM
  #380
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
I can see them having good chemistry together. But they need size on the other wing then. It would be awesome if Kadri can be our 1st line centre though.
Definitely would be but it's a long way to go but he has made good strides for sure.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:56 AM
  #381
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Thanks, how the title ever got to 10 losses I do not know
I might have mis read one of the teams below or above hence the error.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:57 AM
  #382
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Not to mention the defensive zone breakouts. I remember when Liles went down with concussion symptoms. The few games following, we really struggled in that aspect of the game.

Abbott is impressing me right now. Reminds of a young Vinny Prospal. Him and Hamilton have been a great duo of late.
Just saw the edit. I hope he becomes something would love it, he definitely has some skill in him. I've been impressed.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:58 AM
  #383
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,774
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I might have mis read one of the teams below or above hence the error.
Ah, okay. It's fixed now though so it's all good. I just wanted to make sure those fans from other teams who come here to lurk knew the Marlies were killing it again this season

Grant is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 10:07 AM
  #384
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Ah, okay. It's fixed now though so it's all good. I just wanted to make sure those fans from other teams who come here to lurk knew the Marlies were killing it again this season
Lol definitely funny with the lockout with how people were like nah no more good team for the marlies

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 10:11 AM
  #385
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
Hamilton has some pretty good dekes. Just throwing it out there

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 10:14 AM
  #386
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
Hamilton has some pretty good dekes. Just throwing it out there
Easily the best defenceman on the team. I really like what I see from Harrington too.

Wait, this isnt the World Junior thread...

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 11:21 AM
  #387
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Trust me when he gets his feet wet Liles will be much more valuable than Gunnarsson and Im a huge fan of Carl.
Liles? Did you mean Gardiner?

Liles is on the downslope.

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 11:31 AM
  #388
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Liles? Did you mean Gardiner?

Liles is on the downslope.
He might not be a spring chicken but he's a lot better than he has advertised in Toronto. There is a reason why many avs fans were annoyed at the trade, he's a lot capable than he showed.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 11:48 AM
  #389
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
He might not be a spring chicken but he's a lot better than he has advertised in Toronto. There is a reason why many avs fans were annoyed at the trade, he's a lot capable than he showed.
He's been concussed the past 2 seasons, and Carlyle won't be playing all out attack hockey.

I'd move him while he still holds value.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 11:57 AM
  #390
VanW27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: halifax,n.s.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
He's been concussed the past 2 seasons, and Carlyle won't be playing all out attack hockey.

I'd move him while he still holds value.
I found it very odd that he was extended given the emergence of Gardiner. I thought he would have been trade bait at the deadline and now with Rielly expected to enter the fold next season Liles doesn't seem like he has a place on the team.

VanW27 is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 12:23 PM
  #391
Everlong
Franchise Pillar
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanW27 View Post
I found it very odd that he was extended given the emergence of Gardiner. I thought he would have been trade bait at the deadline and now with Rielly expected to enter the fold next season Liles doesn't seem like he has a place on the team.
I seriously doubt Rielly is expected to make the team next year. If there's an injury, or a trade then yea. Outside of those 2 factors, I don't see it happening so soon. I could see a Jake Gardiner type of progression where he plays 1/3rd of the season with the Marlies then comes up.

Liles is a valuable commodity. He plays the PP, great shot and most importantly has a cap-friendly contract. He could be a nice piece to shop around the trade deadline.

Everlong is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 12:27 PM
  #392
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
I seriously doubt Rielly is expected to make the team next year. If there's an injury, or a trade then yea. Outside of those 2 factors, I don't see it happening so soon. I could see a Jake Gardiner type of progression where he plays 1/3rd of the season with the Marlies then comes up.

Liles is a valuable commodity. He plays the PP, great shot and most importantly has a cap-friendly contract. He could be a nice piece to shop around the trade deadline.
If we get a first rounder and we see some of the pieces can take over in the PP then yea we should consider it. Damn my hopes for a second first round pick in this upcoming draft.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 12:32 PM
  #393
Everlong
Franchise Pillar
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
If we get a first rounder and we see some of the pieces can take over in the PP then yea we should consider it. Damn my hopes for a second first round pick in this upcoming draft.
Hey, if Gaustad got a 1st rounder....

Uhg, still can't believe the Preds did that. They just didn't have a 2nd round pick.

This upcoming draft looks great in the top 5-10 or so.

Everlong is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 12:37 PM
  #394
VanW27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: halifax,n.s.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,236
vCash: 500
With the big money extension Liles got and his recent injury problems, he has virtually no value.

Also Rielly can't play in the AHL next year.

VanW27 is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 12:46 PM
  #395
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Hey, if Gaustad got a 1st rounder....

Uhg, still can't believe the Preds did that. They just didn't have a 2nd round pick.

This upcoming draft looks great in the top 5-10 or so.
Even afterwards there are some very intriguing prospects in Nurse, Theodore, Fucale and so on. A lot of potential, this would be a great draft to get some good high risk high reward picks.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 01:44 PM
  #396
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge
 
Dangles McGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,239
vCash: 500
Today's game is on Rogers TV rather than Leafs TV again? Unbelievable. Why do I pay for Leafs ****ing TV??

MLSE can go **** themselves.

Dangles McGavin is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 04:58 PM
  #397
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,613
vCash: 500
Kyle Cicerella ‏@KyleTheReporter
Eakins says Gardiner for sure will not play on Dec. 26th. "Hasn't met protocol". Kadri and Zigomanis game-day decision. #Marlies

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 04:58 PM
  #398
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,774
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Kyle Cicerella ‏@KyleTheReporter
Eakins says Gardiner for sure will not play on Dec. 26th. "Hasn't met protocol". Kadri and Zigomanis game-day decision. #Marlies
Damn. Get well soon Gards.

Grant is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 05:02 PM
  #399
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Damn. Get well soon Gards.
I think they are making him take his time so he's ready for the real stretch. Also gives other prospect chance to step up and maybe surprise

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 05:03 PM
  #400
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,774
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I think they are making him take his time so he's ready for the real stretch. Also gives other prospect chance to step up and maybe surprise
For sure, no need to rush him. It's just the longer he is out the more worried I get about his future

Grant is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.