HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Jokerit's offense is much stronger than last season and this has lowered his icetime which also results in worse linemates. Until a while ago he had only very limited PP time which is were he is most useful, but is now on the 1st unit (until Val returns, I guess). Lately, partly thanks to the PP time, he has started to produce better and has 7 points (4+3) in 7 games.

While his numbers have gone down, he's developed into a better overall player with better skating and more strenght in battles. Skating still needs work and sometimes his decisions with the puck could be better.
+18 minutes of ice-time today for Pulkkinen. Quite a big raise for that 13 minute season average.

Old
12-21-2012, 05:44 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 500
Hudon was only one who played at juniors last night. Had 2 hits.

Old
12-21-2012, 08:21 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
Although it seemed to be confirmed by a few sources, I found one that disputes this.

"Mark Edwards ‏@MarkEdwardsHP

As I tweeted earlier, no #Petes players have asked for a trade at this time. Rumours about 3 players doing so are false. #OHL"

It still wouldn't surprise me if any, or all, are dealt. Especially Quine, seeing as he will likely be AHL bound next year.
Ritchie denying the reports, too.

Quine couldn't be reached.

Their coach was dismissed.

Old
12-21-2012, 01:39 PM
MBauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Hudon was only one who played at juniors last night. Had 2 hits.
and is also a Montreal prospect.

Old
12-21-2012, 01:45 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBauer View Post
and is also a Montreal prospect.
Seriously?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=56641

This is the second time someone thought we were talking about Charles Hudon (I wish he was our prospect). Instead of the little, skilled Hudon, we have the big "powerforward" type prospect.

Old
12-21-2012, 03:13 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Seriously?

This is the second time someone thought we were talking about Charles Hudon (I wish he was our prospect). Instead of the little, skilled Hudon, we have the big "powerforward" type prospect.
Yup. But I don't think he's getting a contract. Granted, haven't seen him play but he's almost 20. Should produce better than that at juniors. And with the issue he has.. hoping good future for the kid but I'm not sure if that is with the Wings.

There's also Emeric Hudon who plays in Shawinigan.

Old
12-21-2012, 04:16 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Yup. But I don't think he's getting a contract. Granted, haven't seen him play but he's almost 20. Should produce better than that at juniors. And with the issue he has.. hoping good future for the kid but I'm not sure if that is with the Wings.

There's also Emeric Hudon who plays in Shawinigan.
He had some medical issues, so he lost a year or a year and half in his development. He's a RHS, 6'1", 201 lbs. It's the kind of prospects DRW like to work with. I wouldn't rule him out quite yet, although he is definitely the weakest prospect during the 2011 draft year. Even Marchenko and Nedomlel, who were taken later are more promising. I think Quine and Hudon will struggle to land deals.

Old
12-21-2012, 06:43 PM
MBauer

Quote:
Seriously?

Ya that was my bad i realize we have a Hudon in our system, but for some reason i thought he was referring to the Canada vs Finland exhibition game yesterday, completely misread what he said and thats my bad.

Old
12-21-2012, 08:09 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBauer View Post
Ya that was my bad i realize we have a Hudon in our system, but for some reason i thought he was referring to the Canada vs Finland exhibition game yesterday, completely misread what he said and thats my bad.
Haha, no worries.

Old
12-21-2012, 08:54 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
He had some medical issues, so he lost a year or a year and half in his development. He's a RHS, 6'1", 201 lbs. It's the kind of prospects DRW like to work with. I wouldn't rule him out quite yet, although he is definitely the weakest prospect during the 2011 draft year. Even Marchenko and Nedomlel, who were taken later are more promising. I think Quine and Hudon will struggle to land deals.
Saying goodbye to Quine would be a mistake. He is a fantastic skater and has good hockey sense at least offensively.

I wouldn't give Hudon a contract though.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:08 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Saying goodbye to Quine would be a mistake. He is a fantastic skater and has good hockey sense at least offensively.

I wouldn't give Hudon a contract though.
What's Quine's potential? 3rd liner?

Old
12-21-2012, 09:28 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
What's Quine's potential? 3rd liner?
We will see, he reminds me an awful lot of Landon Ferraro, not as physical yet, but a sneaky shot, very fast and good feel for the game. If he wasn't stuck on a bad Petes team I don't think there would be any question about his contract status around here. Even then I don't think that is really all that up in the air, the tweets about the trade even point out he will be in the AHL next year.

The guy has a very high ceiling, keep in mind he was the second overall pick in the OHL when he entered. It would have helped if he continued to grow, but he should play at 5'11" and 190 or 195 lbs when he is done with AHL duty. His skating is what gets him to the NHL for me, just like people say about Athanasiou it is hard to see how he won't make it at some point on the speed factor.

What he is has a large part to do with what he looks like in pro hockey. I could see him still having a breakout campaign he has very good vision. Keep in mind he played for Canada's U-18 team on a line with Scheifele and Ritchie, when they went on the PP, he played with the first unit along with Murray and Murphy. The kid has class talent, it is just putting it all together. I certainly wouldn't cut bait given his gifts, who knows if he gets going he does have top 6 skills. The last two years including this year he has been a point a game player and this year he is doing it coming off mono. Even three seasons ago after his trade from Kingston he came up to about a point a game player.

He also can play both center and wing, he might start in Toledo, but given the few ECHL games I have taken in he will absolutely destroy it because of his speed. Raedeke and Andersson will be gone, Glendening has been very impressive but I think they have room for a center in the organization especially since it sounds like Jarnkrok will never see a day in Grand Rapids.

I do think he is a bottom line player in the NHL, but as far as ultimate best case potential he still has a lot of it.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:32 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
We will see, he reminds me an awful lot of Landon Ferraro, not as physical yet, but a sneaky shot, very fast and good feel for the game. If he wasn't stuck on a bad Petes team I don't think there would be any question about his contract status around here. Even then I don't think that is really all that up in the air, the tweets about the trade even point out he will be in the AHL next year.

The guy has a very high ceiling, keep in mind he was the second overall pick in the OHL when he entered. It would have helped if he continued to grow, but he should play at 5'11" and 190 or 195 lbs when he is done with AHL duty. His skating is what gets him to the NHL for me, just like people say about Athanasiou it is hard to see how he won't make it at some point on the speed factor.

What he is has a large part to do with what he looks like in pro hockey. I could see him still having a breakout campaign he has very good vision. Keep in mind he played for Canada's U-18 team on a line with Scheifele and Ritchie, when they went on the PP, he played with the first unit along with Murray and Murphy. The kid has class talent, it is just putting it all together. I certainly wouldn't cut bait given his gifts, who knows if he gets going he does have top 6 skills. The last two years including this year he has been a point a game player and this year he is doing it coming off mono. Even three seasons ago after his trade from Kingston he came up to about a point a game player.

He also can play both center and wing, he might start in Toledo, but given the few ECHL games I have taken in he will absolutely destroy it because of his speed. Raedeke and Andersson will be gone, Glendening has been very impressive but I think they have room for a center in the organization especially since it sounds like Jarnkrok will never see a day in Grand Rapids.
Interesting... I guess we'll have to wait and see when he gets to GR.

Old
12-22-2012, 12:39 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

I don't that Quine has earned a contract. And if he doesn't bust a move soon, he won't. It's quite amazing how quickly this guy adds up the minuses.
-14 in 21 games Tied for third worst on the team despite missing 14 games.
-19 last year -- tied for second worst, only behind a 15-year old.
-35 two years ago -- Tied for second worst, despite missing 16 games.

Old
12-22-2012, 01:42 AM
sully61
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I don't that Quine has earned a contract. And if he doesn't bust a move soon, he won't. It's quite amazing how quickly this guy adds up the minuses.
I'll be honest, I've never seen him play. But to his defense a coach will generally play his best players vs other teams top lines. Well if his line mates and defensemen suck, his stats will show it. They will show more so if he plays more.

Old
12-22-2012, 10:04 AM
StormSurge9

Quote:
To be fair this year, the team is brutal. Last place and a goal differential of -54. Neither goalie is posting a SV% over .900

Old
12-22-2012, 11:54 AM
newfy

Quote:
He was used in a shut down role for team Canada before and is considered a pretty good 2 way player. Hes one of the wings fastest prospects and has produced pretty big offense, I dont know what else you think he has to do to get a contract because plus minus is a garbage stat

Old
12-22-2012, 01:08 PM
ChadS

Quote:
I hope the Wings don't give out contracts based on their prospect's +/-. If they do, they should all be fired.

Old
12-22-2012, 05:51 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
I hope the Wings don't give out contracts based on their prospect's +/-. If they do, they should all be fired.
Yeah I have never heard the Wings say they don't like the way Quine is playing to get those numbers. I have heard that about Nedomlel.

Old
12-22-2012, 06:06 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
+/- is just one indicator.

And in Quine's case, it coincides with so-so physical attributes and uninspiring offense....

I'd put his chances of a contract at about 33 percent.

Old
12-22-2012, 06:09 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
He was used in a shut down role for team Canada before and is considered a pretty good 2 way player. Hes one of the wings fastest prospects and has produced pretty big offense, I dont know what else you think he has to do to get a contract because plus minus is a garbage stat
When the Wings have a prospect you don't think is the cat's meow, I'll be interested.

Old
12-22-2012, 06:22 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
When the Wings have a prospect you don't think is the cat's meow, I'll be interested.
Thats a great argument why Quine shouldn't get a contract

Old
12-23-2012, 09:59 AM
newfy

Quote:
I dont think hes the cats meow but you dont have to be the cats meow to get a contract to play in the ECHL. Especially when hes putting up pretty big numbers and is decent defensively... but youre right his +/- is bad and youve seen him play a tonne so youre probably right, hes not good enough to get a shot in the ECHL

Old
12-23-2012, 10:29 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Thats a great argument why Quine shouldn't get a contract
I listed my reasons.

Old
12-23-2012, 10:44 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I dont think hes the cats meow but you dont have to be the cats meow to get a contract to play in the ECHL. Especially when hes putting up pretty big numbers and is decent defensively... but youre right his +/- is bad and youve seen him play a tonne so youre probably right, hes not good enough to get a shot in the ECHL
I haven't seen him play at all. What I can say is that the highlight reels haven't been very impressive. His stats aren't indicative of some great talent.

What I see is another Randy Cameron, Zach Torquato, Tyler Haskins.
Undboutedly, he'll be good enough for an ECHL position. But the question is, is he worth an NHL contract?
We've only got so many to go around.

From Quine's draft, Jurco, Oulette and Sproul already have deals. Tvrdon, Backman and Marcheno are likely to get deals. Nedomlel might get a deal. We've got Frk, Paterson, Athanasiou getting deals the next year.

We're still waiting for Pulkinnen and Jarnkrok to come over and Jensen to sign.

Closed Thread