HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Junior Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
World Junior Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

[POOL] OilFury WJC Pool

Old
12-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

vCash: 500
I select Mikael Wikstrand of Sweden (hopefully it was one of Canada's pick!)

The best thing for us, is for the commissioner to be more online and active and we should get together at a certain time and do the most of it. I'm always online in the evening from 9pm-10pm till late in the morning. With Christmas coming soon, it's gonna be hard to make those picks.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 05:38 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
I think that if somebody runs out of time to make their pick, they should have to wait for the end of the draft to make their pick. Like after we're done. Snooze ya lose.
That's stupid, skipping them works fine

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Canada4Gold

nope he wasn't one of my picks

I select Nikita Nesterov, and Jordan Binnington

Canada4Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

I don't think he's taken already, I will go with Ryan Strome.

Nah kidding, Miikka Salomaki from Finland!

Old
12-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
That's stupid, skipping them works fine
How's that stupid? That's more legitimate than just skipping them. You're just trying to defend yourself for taking forever to make your pick.

Trvp Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 06:06 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
How's that stupid? That's more legitimate than just skipping them. You're just trying to defend yourself for taking forever to make your pick.
How old are you? Relax man, some of us aren't on our computers 24/7. There's no reason to make them wait until after the draft that would make the pool a lot less competitive.

Anyway I select Jacob Trouba.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Next year I'll run my own pool. It's gonna roll quick lol.

Old
12-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Trvp Lord

Quote:
How old are you? Relax man, some of us aren't on our computers 24/7. There's no reason to make them wait until after the draft that would make the pool a lot less competitive.

I never said you had to be on the computer 24/7. You don't have to sit in front of the computer, just check every hour or so. All i do is check up on it with my phone. Im riding dirtbikes soooo...

& why not let them wait? The person who runs out of time let the whole entire pool wait.

Old
12-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Canada4Gold

Quote:
& why not let them wait? The person who runs out of time let the whole entire pool wait.
I already answered this, it defeats the purpose as it makes the draft longer as they have to draft again at the end.

Phila answered it, it makes the pool less competitive, if people realize they have a pick that they could use for say Granlund, or Rakell in round 4 and they're told now they have to use that pick on someone like Elim Molin after the drasft is over, they might not want to play anymore, and how is that good? Making people not even care about the draft because they're being skipped and won't be competitive at all?

The onus shouldn't be on the other to say why an idea shouldn't be used, it should be on the person proposing the idea as to why it should be used. So why should we use that idea? Other than to punish people for not being here because the current system of skipping them and letting them pick when they get here punishes them too, except it's only dropping down 3 or 4 picks and not by half of a draft.

You say what happened with DuckJet when he got a player he didn't want because we picked for him to keep him competitive. Imagine what he would have felt like if his pick dropped from 22nd overall to 100th? He wouldn't have cared at all anymore at all.

I don't think anyone here has agreed with your idea so what's the point of asking someone why they don't agree when all of us don't agree?

Old
12-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Canada4Gold

Quote:
Trouba was available? Man that sucks, I guess I didn't check good enough.

I probably would have took him over Nestorov, but Nestorov is Russia's best defenseman so he might put up as many(if not more) points

Old
12-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold View Post
Trouba was available? Man that sucks, I guess I didn't check good enough.

I probably would have took him over Nestorov, but Nestorov is Russia's best defenseman so he might put up as many(if not more) points
Jacob Trouba was available..I didn't want to take him ober Wikstrand..however, I have to admit that I wasn't aware that Nesterov was avalaible.

Old
12-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Trvp Lord

Quote:
I already answered this, it defeats the purpose as it makes the draft longer as they have to draft again at the end.

Phila answered it, it makes the pool less competitive, if people realize they have a pick that they could use for say Granlund, or Rakell in round 4 and they're told now they have to use that pick on someone like Elim Molin after the drasft is over, they might not want to play anymore, and how is that good? Making people not even care about the draft because they're being skipped and won't be competitive at all?

The onus shouldn't be on the other to say why an idea shouldn't be used, it should be on the person proposing the idea as to why it should be used. So why should we use that idea? Other than to punish people for not being here because the current system of skipping them and letting them pick when they get here punishes them too, except it's only dropping down 3 or 4 picks and not by half of a draft.

You say what happened with DuckJet when he got a player he didn't want because we picked for him to keep him competitive. Imagine what he would have felt like if his pick dropped from 22nd overall to 100th? He wouldn't have cared at all anymore at all.

I don't think anyone here has agreed with your idea so what's the point of asking someone why they don't agree when all of us don't agree?
wow you really wanted to make a point, didn't you? How long did it take to type all of that?

Old
12-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Canada4Gold

Quote:
wow you really wanted to make a point, didn't you? How long did it take to type all of that?
Not really. 5 minutes maybe?

If I wanted to make a point I would have typed it all in bold like I was yelling it

I just had a nice bit to say so I said it, I didn't really go into detail on anything besides giving reasons backing my point. That's not that long of a post actually, I guess it could be seen that way though, most people here tend to tell people they're wrong without giving reasons and just give their opinion as fact. I try to avoid that.

Old
12-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

No hate on this thread guys. It's the holidays and there's 2 games tomorrow!

Old
12-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Canada4Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
No hate on this thread guys. It's the holidays and there's 2 games tomorrow!
I'm not hating on anyone. Never said anything bad about Dats, not do I hate him in anyway. I was stating my opinion, he responded like I'm not allowed to have an opinion of more than 140 characters or something

Old
12-22-2012, 09:30 AM
agentremax

So now it is oilfury turn?

agentremax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentremax View Post
So now it is oilfury turn?
I don't even know anymore..he's not often here. He needs to update the picks..and be more active

Old
12-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Trvp Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
I don't even know anymore..he's not often here. He needs to update the picks..and be more active
That's true. I'm starting to think he doesn't care anymore

Old
12-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Canada4Gold

Quote:
I select Jordan Binnington
I'm loving this pick after today's game, he was a beast. I hope Canada plays Subban against Germany and lose giving up 10 goals that way Binnington gets every start thereafter

Old
12-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Canada4Gold

hopefully this pool doesn't go down the crapper due to lack of competent management, I need Binnington points to lift me to the title

Old
12-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Canada4Gold

I say skip him, it's been almost 19 hours now.

Also if he doesn't get his act together soon does anyone want to take over for him? This needs competent management

Old
12-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Trvp Lord

I would take over, but I don't have wifi at home & I can't use my computer, only my phone.

Old
12-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Yea I can take over. If need be. Its not that complicated right ?

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Canada4Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Yea I can take over. If need be. Its not that complicated right ?
no not really, the most complicated part is the draft which is almost over. As for updating, I'm sure we can all update our own team for the most part, so you would just have to make sure they're correct and update those who don't update for themselves.

I'm gonna say it. OilFury has been skipped, he can make his pick when he comes here, whoever is next can go, we got to get this going to get it done.

Old
12-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
no not really, the most complicated part is the draft which is almost over. As for updating, I'm sure we can all update our own team for the most part, so you would just have to make sure they're correct and update those who don't update for themselves.

I'm gonna say it. OilFury has been skipped, he can make his pick when he comes here, whoever is next can go, we got to get this going to get it done.
I second this. Lets continue the draft.