HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Are you on the Benson Henderson bandwagon?

Old
12-20-2012, 03:32 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
all he does is put on great fight after great fight. Damn right i'm a fan

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Anthony Pettis says hello.
my bad.

I think he won that fight also, that kick stole the show & changed all at the last minute. Benson will kill him now.

The most exciting matchups for him are probably Melendez & Alvarez. Hopefully they end up here sooner than later.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:50 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
my bad.

I think he won that fight also, that kick stole the show & changed all at the last minute. Benson will kill him now.

The most exciting matchups for him are probably Melendez & Alvarez. Hopefully they end up here sooner than later.
I think their first fight could've gone either way and you're likely right that the showtime kick made it easier for the judgesto give it to Pettis. I have trouble disagreeing with you about Henderson winning the rematch but I hope I'm wrong as I'm a bigger Pettis fan. I don't think Henderson is unstoppable by any means though. I thought Frankie clearly won the 2nd fight and the 1st could've went either way.

Gil & Eddie likely are the toughest fights out there for him but who knows, they wouldn't be the first guys to come to the UFC and disappoint. Both of them have some good names on their record with guys like Kawajiri, Aoki, Hansen, Thomson etc. but I think all those guys are a step below guys like Bendo, Edgar, Diaz, Pettis and a couple others in the UFC. Alvarez also lost cleanly to Chandler, who's another guy I'd love the UFC to pick up.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Captain_Cunney

Agree on Chandler, anyone who takes out Eddie is legit.

My opinion on the bendo/showtime rematch is similar to yours, I'm a bigger benson fan & that definitely slants my view.

It really depends on if benson can control him, I found he got caught up in a striking match last time when he had the advantage on the ground.

No doubt pettis is dangerous off his back but Im not sure he'll be able to be the first to catch benson.

Hopefully cowboy doesn't spoil the plan. It's crazy how far the WEC lws have come when the majority thought they'd get dominated in the UFC, "not even a top 10 guy in their stable" and hogwash like that was rampant during the crossover.

Old
12-22-2012, 12:53 PM
DeathFromAbove

Good fighter but unlikable and not particularly exciting since he's moved over to the UFC.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 05:33 PM
m9

The other guy who will probably fight for the 155 title in 2013 is Jose Aldo. Henderson has a large size/strength advantage there though.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 02:07 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
The other guy who will probably fight for the 155 title in 2013 is Jose Aldo. Henderson has a large size/strength advantage there though.
Joe Rogan would be in heaven...leg kicks!

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Fanpuck33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
Good fighter but unlikable and not particularly exciting since he's moved over to the UFC.
Unlikeable? Seriously? He's got to be one of the nicest fighters around and one of the best role models in the sport. I mean, just look at him and his mom - how can you not love that, haha?

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Kitten Mittons

His Christ shtick is annoying but the love for his Oma is adorable.

Kitten Mittons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 11:43 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 390
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Benson is probably my favorite fighter and the only fighter I coukd say im a "FAN" of. When you watch a henderson fight it is always entertaining. Sure he hasnt finished anyone in the ufc but hes fought all guys at the top of the division and how many of those guys been finished very often. I also can say I have a high level of respect for how he handles himself, to look at his father and be determined to not make the same mistakes is truly impressive. Like him I also look at my dad as a bit of an example not to follow, my dad is a chain smoker and an alcoholic and I choose not to smoke cigarettes becauee I hate my dad doing the it. While I do drink occasionally I see my dad hammered all the time and I dont want to be helpless like he is either.

The one thing I do agree with a poster above said is the way he praises christ is a bit annoying and comes across as a bit in your face.

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Captain_Cunney

He's a character guy for sure, I'm not a big jeebus lover but I have a hard time holding it against him considering his back story & what his faith obviously helped him over come.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:46 PM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanpuck33 View Post
Unlikeable? Seriously? He's got to be one of the nicest fighters around and one of the best role models in the sport. I mean, just look at him and his mom - how can you not love that, haha?
The religious nonsense after every fight is intolerable. You have a camp full of guys who spent time away from their loved ones so you could fight at your best and the first person you thank after your victory is Jesus? Give me a break.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Fanpuck33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
The religious nonsense after every fight is intolerable. You have a camp full of guys who spent time away from their loved ones so you could fight at your best and the first person you thank after your victory is Jesus? Give me a break.
Intolerant much? It's not like he's out there giving a sermon after every fight trying to convert people.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanpuck33 View Post
Intolerant much? It's not like he's out there giving a sermon after every fight trying to convert people.
Vitor already has that covered. Henderson can't take his job.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote