HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

TUF Finale 16: Big Country vs Mitrione

Old
12-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Captain_Cunney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Brookins doesn't have the slightest bit of an ego. Watch the Ultimate Fighter season he was on to see proof of this.
He was an amazing dude.

His defense was brutal in this fight but I think he'll tighten that up also, certainly didn't help facing one of the better strikers in the division. His striking improved so much in a relatively short time at tri star, I think we can expect the progression to continue.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 11:54 PM
I Am Beat You

Brookins fought like a moron and didn't really give himself much of a chance. He has a tendency to stay standing against superior strikers until it's too late.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 12:55 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Sounds like Brookins is done with MMA. Didn't rule out a return in the future but this doesn't sound like a guy who is fighting anytime soon....

Quote:
"I think I just talked myself out of really wanting it. I don't know if I talked myself out of it or if I really don't want it anymore. That made it tough to keep going and to fight last weekend. I didn't really have much fight left in me. I kind of hit a dead end.

I definitely had my mind on other things I wanted to do and pursue. I just stopped believing in the fight business and stopped believing in what it was I was even doing. I just didn't quite understand. There wasn't much that I wanted about that (Poirier) fight."

"I think I was ready to go to India and learn something else. Pursuing this sport with the mindset that I have is counterproductive. It didn't make sense. Mindset is everything. If this is what I'm going to do with the rest of my life it can't just be a circular argument. It can't just be about nothing. This quest to be a fighter has gotten to be frivolous, to be the wrong pursuit. I know it can be pursued the right way, but I know I'm not anywhere close to it. I'm not really down to live this temporary, right-now way of life."
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/20/3...himself-headed

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Captain_Cunney

That's too bad, we need more guys like him around the sport.

He went from the top of the prospect mountain to the bottom rapidly. Hopefully a soul search and some time off will bring the hunger back.

It seems like a pretty rash decision though, considering the time line.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
That's too bad, we need more guys like him around the sport.

He went from the top of the prospect mountain to the bottom rapidly. Hopefully a soul search and some time off will bring the hunger back.

It seems like a pretty rash decision though, considering the time line.
He's also fought some stiff competition coming right out of the show. His three losses in the UFC are against Koch, Oliveira and now Poirier all tough competition.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote