HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

World Junior Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-21-2012, 11:14 AM
  #26
galiano
Registered User
 
galiano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: why do you ask ?
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,540
vCash: 500
With all these teams and all these junior players, it's really disappointing that the Canucks do not have a single player involved. I find that really pathetic.


Is there a list anywhere of how many players each NHL team has in this tournament. ?

galiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:54 AM
  #27
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
@markhmasters
Hudon out for the tournament; Mark McNeill gets the call to replace him
Holy smokes. I didn't see what happened to Hudon (I missed the entire third, but I think I remember the announcers mentioning he wasn't on the bench). Anyone know what happened?

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 02:49 PM
  #28
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
A much better effort today by Canada in a 2-1 shootout win over Sweden. Binnington played well, stopping 30 of 31 en route to the win. Drouin had a beauty in the 2nd to tie the game, Huberdeau and RNH score in the shootout.

Boone Jenner threw a late hit on a Swedish defensemen and took him out for the game, Bob McKenzie said he would be surprised if Jenner doesn't get a suspension for the hit, given Jenner's history in the last tournament where he was suspended 1 game for spearing Kuznetsov in the Semis.

__________________

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 04:45 PM
  #29
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,545
vCash: 500
No elbow, no head contact, a bit late...the outcome of the hit was unfortunate for the young swede, but that hit is made in just about every hockey game I've ever seen.

Kid admired his pass and was unfortunately injured.

Considering Jenner already received 5 (harshly) and a game (even more harsh) I don't think it's fair for any suspension.

If they throw the book at him and it's more than 2 games i think Canada should at least contemplate replacing Jenner in the lineup.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 05:03 PM
  #30
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,733
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
No elbow, no head contact, a bit late...the outcome of the hit was unfortunate for the young swede, but that hit is made in just about every hockey game I've ever seen.

Kid admired his pass and was unfortunately injured.

Considering Jenner already received 5 (harshly) and a game (even more harsh) I don't think it's fair for any suspension.

If they throw the book at him and it's more than 2 games i think Canada should at least contemplate replacing Jenner in the lineup.
Kinda sounds like what I heard after that Aaron Rome hit in the Finals. I didn't see the Jenner hit. If it was anything like the Rome hit, he should be gone for some time.

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 05:05 PM
  #31
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
No elbow, no head contact, a bit late...the outcome of the hit was unfortunate for the young swede, but that hit is made in just about every hockey game I've ever seen.

Kid admired his pass and was unfortunately injured.

Considering Jenner already received 5 (harshly) and a game (even more harsh) I don't think it's fair for any suspension.

If they throw the book at him and it's more than 2 games i think Canada should at least contemplate replacing Jenner in the lineup.
As much as I agree that the kid was admiring his pass, Jenner has to make a better decision there...especially with international refs. It was pretty late as hits go and as much as you want to plaster the guy, you need to do it right and that wasn't right. He had to know he was late and did it anyways.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 05:09 PM
  #32
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 39,247
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Kinda sounds like what I heard after that Aaron Rome hit in the Finals. I didn't see the Jenner hit. If it was anything like the Rome hit, he should be gone for some time.
very comparable hits, Jenner will get suspended (2+ I think). Jenner had ample time to let up, but chose not to and it seems like they take into account injury even more than the NHL.

Drouin, Mackinnon, Harrington, Binnington I was impressed with

Reinhart and Ouelette were pretty unoticeable which I guess is a good thing.

Murphy started bad, but got progressively better, Hamilton was meh (penalties) and Reilly played worse than I expected. I don't blame Wortherspoon for falling on the goal, but he did struggle at times.

biggest thing is all the penalties, it was undiciplined play, not poor reffing which is alarming. Hopefully just overexcitiment and we'll adjust.

Spotte refusal to give Mackinnon and Drouin more ice time was pretty ridiculous

RNH looked decent, gotta be better, but he will adjust imo and be good to go.

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 05:11 PM
  #33
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Kinda sounds like what I heard after that Aaron Rome hit in the Finals. I didn't see the Jenner hit. If it was anything like the Rome hit, he should be gone for some time.
Rome's hit wasn't nearly as late. When Rome committed to hitting Horton there was about 10 feet between them when Horton had passed the puck. When Jenner committed to hitting Pettersson there was at least double that distance.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 05:25 PM
  #34
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
very comparable hits, Jenner will get suspended (2+ I think). Jenner had ample time to let up, but chose not to and it seems like they take into account injury even more than the NHL.

Drouin, Mackinnon, Harrington, Binnington I was impressed with

Reinhart and Ouelette were pretty unoticeable which I guess is a good thing.

Murphy started bad, but got progressively better, Hamilton was meh (penalties) and Reilly played worse than I expected. I don't blame Wortherspoon for falling on the goal, but he did struggle at times.

biggest thing is all the penalties, it was undiciplined play, not poor reffing which is alarming. Hopefully just overexcitiment and we'll adjust.

Spotte refusal to give Mackinnon and Drouin more ice time was pretty ridiculous

RNH looked decent, gotta be better, but he will adjust imo and be good to go.
This hit and the Rome hit were not comparable at all.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 05:25 PM
  #35
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,733
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Rome's hit wasn't nearly as late. When Rome committed to hitting Horton there was about 10 feet between them when Horton had passed the puck. When Jenner committed to hitting Pettersson there was at least double that distance.
Ouch, that's brutal. These players gotta realize that they are endangering others' health when they throw these hits. Players work their ***** off to get this level of play. Really pisses me off that a player may get concussions and may have their careers derailed from late, unsuspecting hits. It's all about respect. If you want to decrease concussions in this league, the respect needs to be there. Dont give respect, won't get it back.

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 05:27 PM
  #36
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 39,247
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
This hit and the Rome hit were not comparable at all.
all I'm saying is that they were clean hits if they weren't late, I agree that Jenner's hit was later

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 05:29 PM
  #37
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 39,247
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Ouch, that's brutal. These players gotta realize that they are endangering others' health when they throw these hits. Players work their ***** off to get this level of play. Really pisses me off that a player may get concussions and may have their careers derailed from late, unsuspecting hits. It's all about respect. If you want to decrease concussions in this league, the respect needs to be there. Dont give respect, won't get it back.
on the main boards they are saying that it was the defenseman's fault for admiring his pass, but Jenner should know better than to take advantage of someone in such a vulnerable position

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 05:31 PM
  #38
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,545
vCash: 500
Live playoff hockey: who would you blame for Wotherspoon falling over?

I mean it's harsh, but he fell down on his own on a simple play that needs to be made.

If that happens in the real tournament and costs the team a game/win/gold medal he would be to blame.

Good thing for him this game didn't matter and his team picked him up.

I liked binnington in net too. Didn't ever give up on a puck. Thought Subban has been giving up on pucks since the camp.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 05:32 PM
  #39
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Ouch, that's brutal. These players gotta realize that they are endangering others' health when they throw these hits. Players work their ***** off to get this level of play. Really pisses me off that a player may get concussions and may have their careers derailed from late, unsuspecting hits. It's all about respect. If you want to decrease concussions in this league, the respect needs to be there. Dont give respect, won't get it back.
You should probably watch the hit before commenting on it.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 05:35 PM
  #40
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,545
vCash: 500
That identical hit gets made in just about every hockey game, even how late that was. Most guys (north Americans I guess) expect it.

I feel bad for the kid who got wacked, but I bet he learned a lesson he'll never forget today.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 06:54 PM
  #41
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 39,247
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Live playoff hockey: who would you blame for Wotherspoon falling over?

I mean it's harsh, but he fell down on his own on a simple play that needs to be made.

If that happens in the real tournament and costs the team a game/win/gold medal he would be to blame.

Good thing for him this game didn't matter and his team picked him up.

I liked binnington in net too. Didn't ever give up on a puck. Thought Subban has been giving up on pucks since the camp.
I think there is a distinction between a freak accident and a mistake, anyone could of fell over there, but not anyone gives the puck over when being pressured for example. Or makes a bad toe drag/ pinch. Although it won't absolve them from being unpopular with most, I don't think less of him because of it.

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 06:57 PM
  #42
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 39,247
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
That identical hit gets made in just about every hockey game, even how late that was. Most guys (north Americans I guess) expect it.

I feel bad for the kid who got wacked, but I bet he learned a lesson he'll never forget today.
If hits that late are made in the NHL, they are still penalized. that was not a typical hit

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 06:58 PM
  #43
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,733
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
That identical hit gets made in just about every hockey game, even how late that was. Most guys (north Americans I guess) expect it.

I feel bad for the kid who got wacked, but I bet he learned a lesson he'll never forget today.
I've seen the hit. This hit does not happen in just about every hockey game. The hit did a lot of damage and Jenner will pay for it. He deserves it too.

I just have a bad feeling about this team. Should have went for hardwork and skill. Needs more Frankie Corrado. : USA or Russia is going to take this tourney. Spott shouldn't be anywhere near that bench unless he's in the front row of seats.

RNH will have to put this team on his back if we're going to win because Spott has shown he's not going to play players based on how well they are playing (MacKinnon).

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 07:20 PM
  #44
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I think there is a distinction between a freak accident and a mistake, anyone could of fell over there, but not anyone gives the puck over when being pressured for example. Or makes a bad toe drag/ pinch. Although it won't absolve them from being unpopular with most, I don't think less of him because of it.
He's looked bad on the last 3 goals against. Fell today and left his man wide open, tipped the puck in on the winner yesterday, and screened Subban by missing the block on the tying goal yesterday. On their own each of those plays are innocuous enough, but I'm starting to see a pattern developing here.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 07:42 PM
  #45
Jay Cee
P4G
 
Jay Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,823
vCash: 500
Drouin and Huberdeau, what goals!

Get those guys on a line with MacKinnon again. That is a nice line with chemistry.

Jay Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:01 PM
  #46
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 39,247
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
He's looked bad on the last 3 goals against. Fell today and left his man wide open, tipped the puck in on the winner yesterday, and screened Subban by missing the block on the tying goal yesterday. On their own each of those plays are innocuous enough, but I'm starting to see a pattern developing here.
I agree, I was going to put in something about if it continues to happen. I missed the game vs Finland, so I can't comment on his performance there. If it's a recurring thing than ya it's an issue

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 10:15 PM
  #47
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,733
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I agree, I was going to put in something about if it continues to happen. I missed the game vs Finland, so I can't comment on his performance there. If it's a recurring thing than ya it's an issue
#mistakesfrankiecorradowouldnevermake

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 10:45 PM
  #48
Taelin
Moderator
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
#mistakesfrankiecorradowouldnevermake
We need to get this trending on Twitter.

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 10:51 PM
  #49
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 39,247
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
#mistakesfrankiecorradowouldnevermake

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 11:24 PM
  #50
PG Canuck
Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,505
vCash: 1512
I don't think Jenner's hit was a little late. It was definitely a late hit. Dirty? From the replays I've seen, not at all. Suspension-worthy? IMO not at all, but since it was late and Jesper Pettersson sustained an injury, it will be since it's IIHF hockey.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.