HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top line offensive threat for Phoenix

Old
12-22-2012, 08:04 PM
letowskie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
You want Couture, I want OEL. In other words, not happening pal.
Couture is an intriguing enough player that it's possible to contemplate moving OEL for a moment.

The sharks would need to add, BIG TIME, though in that case. I think I would think along the lines of Couture + Pavelski for OEL + 2nd or something similar.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Couture is an intriguing enough player that it's possible to contemplate moving OEL for a moment.

The sharks would need to add, BIG TIME, though in that case. I think I would think along the lines of Couture + Pavelski for OEL + 2nd or something similar.
OEL is a great player with a lot of potential. But pavelski and Couture? No way Jose.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:33 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Sign Ribeiro. He flourished under Tippett here in Dallas.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:42 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
OEL is a great player with a lot of potential. But pavelski and Couture? No way Jose.
Yeah, I second that "No way Jose". That's a lot to give up for one player who has one season under his belt.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Minimalist*

Booth for either

Minimalist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:50 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:

That's a little ridiculous. Couture IS our future, I'd consider something along the lines of:

Couture + Clowe for OEL

Now I realize that the value of a potential Norris winner (future) is greater than that of a legit #1 centre with huge potential to grow, but given the circumstances, we would not overpay to turn a strength into a weakness.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:51 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Exactly, I'd give up Clowe and Couture for OEL. That is REALLY saying something - Couture is my favourite player in the league along with PK Subban and Carey Price.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 12:34 PM
kitchen44

Quote:
Hemsky is pretty tempting as a potential top-line skill without having to pay the full price; at the cost of some risks. The only issue is that he is a defensive liability, which I'm not sure would work at all in Tippet's system. If a system is more run-and-gun, then I can see him working out.
no he isn't. I like how every highly skilled European play-maker is automatically a a "defensive liability"

kitchen44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

Would Phoenix have any interest in Danny Briere? Despite Briere's playoff prowess, we have the center depth (Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, Talbot) to let him go. Would we be able to nab Rundblad for Briere? Pretty please? A big right-handed defenseman with offensive skill would fill a huge need in Philadelphia.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 02:21 PM
3rdlineglory
Korsi Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Would Phoenix have any interest in Danny Briere? Despite Briere's playoff prowess, we have the center depth (Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, Talbot) to let him go. Would we be able to nab Rundblad for Briere? Pretty please? A big right-handed defenseman with offensive skill would fill a huge need in Philadelphia.
This is actually a pretty good idea not to mention this helps the Coyotes reach the cap floor, while the Flyers shed some salary.

3rdlineglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 03:55 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
The only problem with this is that DB probably wont be leaving Philadelphia if given a choice. Coyotes fans and Flyers fans went over this a few months ago when we were trying to acquire him, apparently he is going through some family issues (custody battles if I remember correctly?) and therefor needs to be in Phili.

Outside of that problem, I would love to make that deal.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Fire Julien

Bergeron,Caron, Boychuk and Thornton for Ekman-Larsson, Gormley and Boedkker

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 04:26 PM
SirloinUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Boston is not offering enough, not nearly enough

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 04:41 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
I'd absolutely add to Couture to get OEL. Couture+Pavelski, no way.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
The only problem with this is that DB probably wont be leaving Philadelphia if given a choice. Coyotes fans and Flyers fans went over this a few months ago when we were trying to acquire him, apparently he is going through some family issues (custody battles if I remember correctly?) and therefor needs to be in Phili.

Outside of that problem, I would love to make that deal.
I agree that Briere is unlikely to be dealt for a few reasons (NMC, family issues, our best playoff performer), but in terms of the needs of both teams, I thought it might be a fair deal.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 07:44 PM
letowskie

Quote:
I would probably politely decline. A good player, no doubt, but is he going to be around a couple of years from now if and when some of our prospects in the organization pan out / mature? I think we would like someone who is going to have at least another 5 - 7 productive years in the future. Sadly, it's probably not in the cards for Briere.

On the other hand, is there a possibility of some type of deal with Gormley and Couterier as the center pieces? You are obviously not going to move Giroux, and Schenn has his brother just traded there.

Old
12-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Michalek for Gormley

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
That is absolutely horrible for Phoenix. Not even close.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 07:47 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Yeah, I second that "No way Jose". That's a lot to give up for one player who has one season under his belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I'd absolutely add to Couture to get OEL. Couture+Pavelski, no way.
I completely understand. It is an OVERPAYMENT, but that's what it would take to get a deal done from Coyotes' perspective. The Yotes have zero motivation to move OEL, unless there is some hefty incentive involved. Yandle could be had for Couture, and probably a pretty fair deal; but Couture himself is not close to enough to motivate Phoenix to move OEL.

Old
12-23-2012, 07:49 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Exactly, I'd give up Clowe and Couture for OEL. That is REALLY saying something - Couture is my favourite player in the league along with PK Subban and Carey Price.
I understand. But isn't Clowe an UFA after this season. With this season likely under water, and the financial/organization situation that the Yotes are in, they are in no shape to give a huge contract to Clowe to retain him.

So if that is the case, then Clowe is of very little value to the Yotes. If there is somehow a sign-and-trade deal, then this offer might become intereting....

Old
12-23-2012, 08:07 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

I'd consider trading one of our forward prospects (Fraser, R. Smith, Chiasson, etc.) for Rundblad or even Gormley if we were to add a bit. Would love to have either of them to add to our depth on D.

Old
12-23-2012, 08:12 PM
hlaverty06

Something around Dewshane and Yandle?

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 08:17 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I'd consider trading one of our forward prospects (Fraser, R. Smith, Chiasson, etc.) for Rundblad or even Gormley if we were to add a bit. Would love to have either of them to add to our depth on D.
Sorry, none of those you mentioned comes anywhere close to the value of either Gormley or Rundblad. Both are consistent top-40 league-wide in terms of prospect rankings.

Old
12-23-2012, 09:13 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Sorry, none of those you mentioned comes anywhere close to the value of either Gormley or Rundblad. Both are consistent top-40 league-wide in terms of prospect rankings.
Rundblad isn't that good, and if a guy like R. Smith were on a big market team, he'd easily be in the top 40, especially with how he's been playing recently. 10 goals in the past 12 games in the AHL, and he looked even better at the start of the year (just couldn't put anything away).

Old
12-23-2012, 10:07 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
I completely understand. It is an OVERPAYMENT, but that's what it would take to get a deal done from Coyotes' perspective. The Yotes have zero motivation to move OEL, unless there is some hefty incentive involved. Yandle could be had for Couture, and probably a pretty fair deal; but Couture himself is not close to enough to motivate Phoenix to move OEL.
The Sharks likewise have zero motivation to move Couture...

And you won't find a single Sharks fan interested in moving Couture for Yandle.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote