HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Leafs-Canucks

Old
12-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Tanev was playing with Hamhuis as the #1 shutdown pairing in the playoffs.
Didn't we get eliminated in 5 games?

Seriously tho Tanev is quite good. Last season he was a good #5 with potential, we're all looking forward to see if he improved since we last saw him.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

vCash: 814
I could get behind Tanev for Franson, but I want a pick coming with Cody.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You have to hate losing, more than you love winning. "
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

vCash: 814
But most Canuck fans don't want to give up Tanev and that's probably the right move, the thought of Tanev - Corrado on a pairing together in a few years makes me wet my trousers.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 11:14 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Didn't we get eliminated in 5 games?
On the strength of a handful of timely shorthanded goals. You don't often put your shutdown pairing on the ice on the powerplay.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 11:31 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
I could get behind Tanev for Franson, but I want a pick coming with Cody.
5th round? (or prospect like Eric Knodel/Max Everson)

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 12:01 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 53
Quote:
But most Canuck fans don't want to give up Tanev and that's probably the right move, the thought of Tanev - Corrado on a pairing together in a few years makes me wet my trousers.
Not taking what side each defensemen plays into consideration:

Corrado - Hamhuis
Tanev - Edler

I'd love to see this.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 05:01 AM
ahmon

tanev as a green rookie handled playoff games and even finals with no panic.

These players you keep. Moves the puck well, is very very stable defensively.

Keep him.

ahmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
Of course draft picks are over-rated. This is HF

There is no need for the Leafs to trade Franson except it is fans understanding that Franson has indicated he doesn't want to play for the Leafs. I haven't heard if he has officially asked to be traded or not. Its unfortunate for the Leafs as Franson has harmed somewhat what the Leafs could trade him for.

The Leafs would be better to ask for a prospect such as Sauve brcause he is not yet NHL ready or for a forward. Mason Raymond gets a hard time here on HF but in reality he really is a good player and would fit well on the Leafs. Mason actually would be slight overpayment for Franson, but 2/3 line wingers are an area that the Canucks have an excess so can afford to overpay.
Raymond for Franson+....I could get behind that. A Kulemin-Lombardi/Connolly-Raymond line would be an amazing 3rd line for them, with 2 20 goal scoring wingers, and one of two centers who could use a boost playing with higher calibre wingers.

We shed a little salary, get back a bottom pairing (for now) RHD, and remove just a little redundancy from our roster, with Booth, Higgins and Hansen all being very strong skaters in the role Raymonds in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Not taking what side each defensemen plays into consideration:

Corrado - Hamhuis
Tanev - Edler

I'd love to see this.
Finish that with a Bieksa/Garrison pairing (both are signed for a few years still) and that's a solid core. I would have loved to see Corrado in preseason this year though, everything he's doing in the O shows me that he's nearly ready.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 04:58 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Raymond for Franson+....I could get behind that. A Kulemin-Lombardi/Connolly-Raymond line would be an amazing 3rd line for them, with 2 20 goal scoring wingers, and one of two centers who could use a boost playing with higher calibre wingers.

We shed a little salary, get back a bottom pairing (for now) RHD, and remove just a little redundancy from our roster, with Booth, Higgins and Hansen all being very strong skaters in the role Raymonds in.

Finish that with a Bieksa/Garrison pairing (both are signed for a few years still) and that's a solid core. I would have loved to see Corrado in preseason this year though, everything he's doing in the O shows me that he's nearly ready.
Toronto should have absolutely no interest in Mason Raymond.

We have far too many forwards better than him, or very close to his calibre.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 09:37 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post

We don't want Raymond. We have too many wingers as it is.

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 09:58 PM
7even
Go on, do your duty

Tanev has too much puck poise

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Tanev is better than Franson.

Tanev is definitely NOT better than Liles
Debatable, Tanev is already capable of top 4 minutes along side top NHL defensemen in key situations and doesn't miss a beat.

I would never trade Tanev for Liles myself, cause I think Tanev will be better than Liles by the end of this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
The article says he's a 3rd pairing guy who can play PP

What exactly is Tanev?
On our roster?

A 3rd pairing defensemen perfectly capable (Much more capable than Franson) of top 4 minutes.

On your roster he would probably be a top 4 defensemen, maybe he wouldn't start there but with his play and with the way some of your other guys play he would earn his way there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
I'm just curious.
Put Franson on the Leafs and Tanev on the Canucks and I'm sure Tanev will be the "#7 on the leafs" and Franson will be the "able to play top 4 mins" D
I honestly doubt it, part of the reason no one here wants Franson for Tanev is because of Fransons bad defensive game.

Put Tanev on the Leafs and I think he earns his way into a top 4 role like Gardiner did as I mentioned above (Not saying he is as good as Gardiner so don't take that the wrong way)

Put Franson on the Canucks and I think he plays like Ballard did in 10/11 for us. Inconsistent with defensive Errors (Even though his "poor play" was greatly overblown and over disected IMO) But still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Yeah, a Franson for Alberts swap makes more sense. The Leafs move a player that doesn't want to be there and receive a big, physical, stay at home #6 dman. The Canucks move a left side guy where they are very deep for a natural right side guy where they lack depth. Franson would fill the role of #6 or 7.
Great for us, Terrible for them. Alberts is a solid 6/7 but Franson is better than that, he just struggled and is younger and more mobile.

Franson could get something better IMO.

Quote:
Well put. I concur.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote