HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL TV news and discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-20-2012, 03:04 PM
  #51
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Looks like Yandex Dengi may be blocking another big country (Germany) in addition to the US and Canada.

Seriously, how difficult can it be for the KHL to set up a PayPal account? They should have done it months ago. Yeah, I heard PayPal has problems operating in Russia, but nothing prevents the KHL from opening a bank account in, say, Switzerland, and collecting the money from PayPal purchases there.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 04:13 PM
  #52
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,588
vCash: 500
Torsten S
I tried Yandex Dengi earlier today (Slovakia), the same error.

Faterson
Who knows why they dont used bank in EU coutries or Switzerland etc. Maybe they can support russian based banks? I would do the same.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 04:29 PM
  #53
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I tried Yandex Dengi earlier today (Slovakia), the same error.
Yandex Dengi has definitely worked for a number of Slovaks in recent months and weeks, including me. Maybe we found a way "around the system" that was not intended by Yandex Dengi, and they have now started blocking all foreign credit/debit cards? I hope not... The KHL really should do something about this mess because, as stated, the current situation regarding video purchases confirms its image as a Russian league, rather than an international league.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 04:49 PM
  #54
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Yandex Dengi has definitely worked for a number of Slovaks in recent months and weeks, including me. Maybe we found a way "around the system" that was not intended by Yandex Dengi, and they have now started blocking all foreign credit/debit cards? I hope not... The KHL really should do something about this mess because, as stated, the current situation regarding video purchases confirms its image as a Russian league, rather than an international league.
Maybe it is a problem of my card? So why I had no problem in past when I paid online? Try to lure friends to verify it

I know it worked in Slovakia, one guy used it earlier this month without problems.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 05:08 PM
  #55
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask your bank directly, too, as the Russian error message suggests. These credit card issuers' policies tend to vary. For example, one of my Slovak credit cards used to work fine on Amazon.com last year. Then, early this year, the Slovak bank suddenly started blocking Amazon.com purchases. I complained everywhere I could, but they just told me, "Go away and leave us alone, Amazon is blocked, and that's it." But, earlier this month, the card started working again on Amazon.com. I guess many people complained!

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 05:12 PM
  #56
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,588
vCash: 500
thx, I should try to call them... after X-mas

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 05:33 PM
  #57
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,588
vCash: 500
KHL TV has 9 456 751 subscribers
http://tv.khl.ru/news/18885/

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 02:56 AM
  #58
Dynamo81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow,Russia
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
KHL TV has 9 456 751 subscribers
http://tv.khl.ru/news/18885/
Great numbers

Dynamo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 04:05 AM
  #59
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo81 View Post
Great numbers
Decent,but they have to strive for alot more.And ofcourse its good that subscribers are growing day by day cause the more people are watching the more there will be a demand for a quality broadcasts and so on.


Last edited by BalticWarrior: 12-23-2012 at 04:14 AM.
BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 04:31 AM
  #60
Dynamo81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow,Russia
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Decent,but they have to strive for alot more.And ofcourse its good that subscribers are growing day by day cause the more people are watching the more there will be a demand for a quality broadcasts and so on.
Obviously they should strive for more but I am assuming the total is over 22 million.

Edit : Just checked the link, yes I am right.
Quote:
Таким образом, общая аудитория канала КХЛ ТВ насчитывает около 20 миллионов человек, которые имеют возможность каждый день смотреть за игрой в исполнении лучших хоккеистов планеты.
It was around 3 million in 2009, over 20 million in 2012 is good to see.

People should always demand and push them to improve because only this way will we see the continued improvement we have seen.

Dynamo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 06:41 AM
  #61
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Are they active or passive subscribers? You know, TV channels (such as sports channels) are frequently distrubuted in packages, so just because an X number of households has access to KHL TV, does not necessarily mean they actively requested to receive KHL TV.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 07:41 PM
  #62
yunost
Registered User
 
yunost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Are they active or passive subscribers? You know, TV channels (such as sports channels) are frequently distrubuted in packages, so just because an X number of households has access to KHL TV, does not necessarily mean they actively requested to receive KHL TV.
Who cares? 20 million households have acces to KHL TV thats like more than half of Canada! 4 years ago that number was 0.

yunost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:57 AM
  #63
ebis
Registered User
 
ebis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
And again no broadcast from the Slovan match. I'm getting tired of this. The least KHL could do is start accepting non-Russian credit cards.

ebis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:49 PM
  #64
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
And Medvedev should shut up about how "exciting" the Western Conference finale is. Yeah, so exciting you didn't bother to send a TV crew to the crucial game for Slovan, you ******* amateurs! The KHL is still centuries behind the NHL, because something like this could never happen over there.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:54 PM
  #65
ebis
Registered User
 
ebis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
And Medvedev should shut up about how "exciting" the Western Conference finale is. Yeah, so exciting you didn't bother to send a TV crew to the crucial game for Slovan, you ******* amateurs! The KHL is still centuries behind the NHL, because something like this could never happen over there.
I don't know who's to blame. It might be the responsibility of KHL, Spartak or the company that bought the TV rights. Regardless, it's a big fail.

ebis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:59 PM
  #66
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
I blame everyone, including Slovan. There is no excuse. Also, I'll be cancelling that stupid Czech-Hungarian Sport 1, Sport 2 cable TV channel, to which the KHL sold Slovan rights, at my first opportunity.

Slovan fans will forever remember and never forgive the KHL this monumental ****-up: we couldn't watch the game with which Slovan clinched the play-offs in its first KHL season.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:19 PM
  #67
ebis
Registered User
 
ebis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Apparently, there was a TV crew. I don't understand.


ebis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:26 PM
  #68
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
I do understand. The KHL are still a bunch of clueless ******* amateurs. There is nothing beneath them.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:25 PM
  #69
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I do understand. The KHL are still a bunch of clueless ******* amateurs. There is nothing beneath them.
Chill out. Sorry to break it for you, but no one in Russia cares about Slovan or Spartak. There were 7 other games at the same time. Our channels were busy (I think I had 3 games available on my tv, more than enough for me). The KHL partner has produced the signal, but looks like Sport 1 didn't bother to pick it up, because you don't watch that Czech-Hungarian channel anyway. What did you expect? That it will be broadcasted on 1st channel in prime time or something?

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:58 PM
  #70
VladNYC
Registered User
 
VladNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
The Slovan broadcast thing is very frustrating, but you Slovakian fans should be putting pressure on the local TV affiliate. I def feel for you tho.

VladNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:30 PM
  #71
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
ult and VladNYC, you're both wrong. I was ready to purchase the webcast from khl.ru, but KHL didn't bother to offer it there, either. There is no excuse. I'm done with khl.ru purchases, and will be purchasing the webcasts elsewhere from now on, if the official provider doesn't give a damn about their paying customers. **** the amateurs from khl.ru.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:00 AM
  #72
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair
 
Acallabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kemerovo, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,266
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Slovan fans will forever remember and never forgive the KHL this monumental ****-up: we couldn't watch the game with which Slovan clinched the play-offs in its first KHL season.
Write a petition to the KHL. They will give Slovan a technical loss, thus rewarding you with an opportunity to relive that exciting moment.

Acallabeth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:31 PM
  #73
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Chill out. Sorry to break it for you, but no one in Russia cares about Slovan or Spartak. There were 7 other games at the same time. Our channels were busy (I think I had 3 games available on my tv, more than enough for me). The KHL partner has produced the signal, but looks like Sport 1 didn't bother to pick it up, because you don't watch that Czech-Hungarian channel anyway. What did you expect? That it will be broadcasted on 1st channel in prime time or something?
[mod]why should anyone care about 7 other games.

KHL bears "continental" in itīs ****ing name so they should at least pretend to be continental competition. This game was historical from Slovanīs pow and itīs absolutely disgracefull not televise it.


Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 02-14-2013 at 11:11 PM. Reason: offensive
kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:06 PM
  #74
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
KHL bears "continental" in itīs ****ing name so they should at least pretend to be continental competition. This game was historical from Slovanīs pow and itīs absolutely disgracefull not televise it.
May I ask why Slovak national television don' broadcast Slovan games ? Slovan is lone Slovak club in best euro league, hockey is national sport in Slovakia. Even here in Croatia is almost unimagiable that croatian TV doesn't broadcast Medvescak's game if it is some important one.


Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 02-14-2013 at 11:10 PM. Reason: qep
ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:35 PM
  #75
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
May I ask why Slovak national television don' broadcast Slovan games ? Slovan is lone Slovak club in best euro league, hockey is national sport in Slovakia. Even here in Croatia is almost unimagiable that croatian TV doesn't broadcast Medvescak's game if it is some important one.
you mean public TV ? These are in financial troubles and care only about World Championship hockey. Private TVs with biggest market share (Markiza/JOJ - each running several channels) werent interested and only interested were Sport TV running 2 channels (Sport 1 and Sport 2)

Sport 1 decided to go with Lev games while Slovan games are aired on Sport 2. Problem is that Sport 2 is cable TV with limited coverage, my cable operator f.e. still doesnt offer them.

Then you can (legally) watch hockey streams, I took monthly pass on huste.tv but they didnt give that game. Getting khl.ru stream is too complicated for non-russian speaker.

SO I ended up sitting at PC and searching illegal streams just to realise there is none as the game wasnt even televised.

kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.