HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tyler Myers

Old
12-21-2012, 04:45 PM
DJN21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Except Kessel is better than Vanek.

It was just conversation, more a testament of how much I like Tyler Myers (willing to give up TML's best player) than the basis of a legitimate proposal. Anyway, as much as the Sabres would be trading Myers within the division, the Leafs would be trading Kessel within the division too so with that I just gotta say, take off the homer goggles
Homer goggles?

Vanek scores points at what a .82ppg clip to Kessel's .72?
Vanek is a career +35, Kessel is a -33
Kessel's one good season(last year) was still worse than Vanek's best.
Vanek's GPG total is like .42 to Kessel's .36
In 91 more games played(over a full season) Vanek has taken less shots on goal and still managed to outscore Kessel...
While playing around 2 min's less to night than Kessel...
Their career shooting %'s are 5% apart(a huge disparity)

I mean we could prolly dig deeper into advanced metrics, offensive zone starts, and QualCom and see if we end up closer in argument but a brief view of their stats contradicts your assessment that Kessel is better than Vanek. I mean I realize Vanek is the single handed most underappreciated scorer in the league(and rightfully so due to his streakiness, lack of playoff success, and small marketability) but come on...

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 04:49 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Not saying I'd do this trade, especially since the Wild were dead last in scoring last season...

However, I don't think Buffalo fans would like the idea of trading away an NHLer for a prospect - even if the prospect is Granlund.
Granlund has the tools to be a semi-generational talent and his ability is nothing to be scoffed at

however

with Ennis,Hodgson,girgorenko, Girgensons already under contract and so young eventually you have to measure the value of adding a 5th young center vs losing your best young dman...granted we could move ennis back to wing etc but a one for one really just creates a bigger hole than it fills. This is why a Coyle, dumba, and company combo trade would make more sense in my eyes because dumba eases the pressure off losing Myers.

Old
12-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Except Kessel is better than Vanek.

take off the homer goggles
Whaaaaaa?

Vanek's the better offensive player. He's also the better hockey player.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 11:01 AM
avsfansince95

how about paul stastny and ryan wilson for tyler myers? maybe add a pick to sweeten the deal?

avsfansince95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:15 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfansince95 View Post
how about paul stastny and ryan wilson for tyler myers? maybe add a pick to sweeten the deal?
Unless that pick is a top 5 pick in this draft I'd say no. I like Stastny, but he's a UFA in 2014. If Colorado wanted Myers they'd have to include one of Duchene, ROR, or Landeskog.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Unless that pick is a top 5 pick in this draft I'd say no. I like Stastny, but he's a UFA in 2014. If Colorado wanted Myers they'd have to include one of Duchene, ROR, or Landeskog.
Duchene and Landeskog > Myers.... maybe in few years we will say something different.

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 01:32 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
Duchene and Landeskog > Myers.... maybe in few years we will say something different.
Yeah I agree with that. If I were Colorado I wouldn't move Duchene or Landeskog, the point I was trying to make was that a package around Stastny wasn't nearly enough for Myers.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 02:53 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Not that I'd make the trade but your probably looking at a pretty high draft pick or a high level defensive prospect/ center prospect. A good example would be someone like Galchenyuk for Myers, Although Ill stick with Galchenyuk and pray he becomes the number 1 centre we so desperately need.

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 03:26 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
Homer goggles?

Vanek scores points at what a .82ppg clip to Kessel's .72?
Vanek is a career +35, Kessel is a -33
Kessel's one good season(last year) was still worse than Vanek's best.
Vanek's GPG total is like .42 to Kessel's .36
In 91 more games played(over a full season) Vanek has taken less shots on goal and still managed to outscore Kessel...
While playing around 2 min's less to night than Kessel...
Their career shooting %'s are 5% apart(a huge disparity)

I mean we could prolly dig deeper into advanced metrics, offensive zone starts, and QualCom and see if we end up closer in argument but a brief view of their stats contradicts your assessment that Kessel is better than Vanek. I mean I realize Vanek is the single handed most underappreciated scorer in the league(and rightfully so due to his streakiness, lack of playoff success, and small marketability) but come on...
Bravo sir..bravo.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Kessel is better than Vanek

And also has 10x the trade value

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 03:36 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Kessel is better than Vanek

And also has 10x the trade value
Well Phil is 3 years younger and is on a better contract, so yes he does have a higher trade value. I think you're too biased as a Leafs fan saying he is better than Vanek with a "laugh".

Old
12-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Jeff Petry, your choice of 2 of Hemsky, Paajarvi, Gagner, 2013 1st round pick, 2013 2nd round pick, 2014 1st round pick. And no I don't expect it to get done, just saying what I'd offer from my team.

12-22-2012, 06:30 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
I dont think hes as valueable as ppl say he is, i mean he's great... behind one of (if not the best) defensive lineup. and i dont think many teams would pay the price to have him.

of course im gonna get burned for saying that but thats my opinion
The fact that he's been dominant since 05/06, when he didn't have a very strong defense core, shows the flaw in your logic here.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 06:32 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Jeff Petry, your choice of 2 of Hemsky, Paajarvi, Gagner, 2013 1st round pick, 2013 2nd round pick, 2014 1st round pick. And no I don't expect it to get done, just saying what I'd offer from my team.
That would be my offer as well. I think Buffalo fans want more for Myers than he has proven to be worth so far. He`s a great young player, but its not like he`s Chris Pronger or Zdeno Chara. I`d want him to develop more of a mean streak before I`d consider paying the price Buffalo would want.

Old
12-22-2012, 06:38 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
That would be my offer as well. I think Buffalo fans want more for Myers than he has proven to be worth so far. He`s a great young player, but its not like he`s Chris Pronger or Zdeno Chara. I`d want him to develop more of a mean streak before I`d consider paying the price Buffalo would want.
If Myers developed that consistently, you could offer your entire team for him and Regier would probably say no. Franchise defensemen are tough to find, especially with Myers' combination of size and skill, and are arguably the single most important piece to a successful team. There isn't really a "buy low" option here. You would either pay dearly for his potential or Buffalo happily hangs onto him.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 06:43 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
C'mon. You really think Buffalo wants to trade Myers, in a trade to improve depth?

Petry: the most interesting trade chip offered.

Hemsky: after 2 straight injury filled, disappointing seasons, he needs to show thw injuries are behind him and he's worth that $5m+ per salary.

Paajarvi: a solid rookie season, followed by 2 disappointing seasons. Has the size, but not the sandpaper the Sabres want.

Gagner: Sabres management has said they want to get bigger, grittier. Would they really be in the mix for non-physical Gagner?

Picks: I would rather have the 22/23 yr old Myers, then picks who are likely several yrs from contributing.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Minimalist*

Edler, Jensen, 1st. Im sure it gets turned down, but that is what id offer from van.

Minimalist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 07:59 PM
KidLine93

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
C'mon. You really think Buffalo wants to trade Myers, in a trade to improve depth?

Petry: the most interesting trade chip offered.

Hemsky: after 2 straight injury filled, disappointing seasons, he needs to show thw injuries are behind him and he's worth that $5m+ per salary.

Paajarvi: a solid rookie season, followed by 2 disappointing seasons. Has the size, but not the sandpaper the Sabres want.

Gagner: Sabres management has said they want to get bigger, grittier. Would they really be in the mix for non-physical Gagner?

Picks: I would rather have the 22/23 yr old Myers, then picks who are likely several yrs from contributing.
First off he said that he didnt expect it to get the trade done. He said thats all he would be willing to give up. I wouldnt offer any more than that from our side. Myers has regressed since his rookie year so paying a big price for him is based on potential not past production. All of our pieces that would get him in a 1 for 1 trade either have more potential than he does (1st overall picks) or have performed incredibly and have been improving faster than expected (Eberle) which we see as having a higher value than Myers atm

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 10:45 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Quote:
I like this to start, but I'd really wanna see Klefbom in this instead of two of those three.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 10:59 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
I like this to start, but I'd really wanna see Klefbom in this instead of two of those three.
Yeah you're substituting draft picks with prospects which is not necessarily bad, but Klefbom would have to be included since we wouldn't get an Eberle or Schultz.

Old
12-22-2012, 11:12 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
If Myers developed that consistently, you could offer your entire team for him and Regier would probably say no. Franchise defensemen are tough to find, especially with Myers' combination of size and skill, and are arguably the single most important piece to a successful team. There isn't really a "buy low" option here. You would either pay dearly for his potential or Buffalo happily hangs onto him.
I understand that, but what I said was that I wouldn't want to pay Buffalo's price, I don't think it would be worth giving up the pieces for him. I also don't think he is a "franchise defenseman". Not yet anyway. He might end up as one, but isn't right now.

Old
12-22-2012, 11:21 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I understand that, but what I said was that I wouldn't want to pay Buffalo's price, I don't think it would be worth giving up the pieces for him. I also don't think he is a "franchise defenseman". Not yet anyway. He might end up as one, but isn't right now.
Edmonton isn't in win-now mode so why you need an immediate "franchise defense-man" is kind of curious especially when you could get one of the best young defense man in the league whos already signed long term.

I think that is a huge missing piece to this puzzle is his contract. Whenever we have a next season and Myers isnt hurt for half of it he will show his true self, and when he does his contract is gonna look like a steal which to me increases his value.

Honestly the more we talk about it the more I realize that Myers, and Ehrhoff inked long term with McNabb and Pysyk on the way and VERY serviceable guys in between like Sekera...there's no little incentive for Buffalo to even engage in convo involving trading Myers.

The long and short is what was said way back when on page one...Massive overpayment in the form of a huge prospect package or a legit #1c is the only offers Buffalo would entertain..we're spinning tires here...

Old
12-23-2012, 02:19 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Dumba + Scandella + Clutterbuck + Mario Lucia + 1st in 2013

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 07:36 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidLine93 View Post
First off he said that he didnt expect it to get the trade done. He said thats all he would be willing to give up. I wouldnt offer any more than that from our side. Myers has regressed since his rookie year so paying a big price for him is based on potential not past production. All of our pieces that would get him in a 1 for 1 trade either have more potential than he does (1st overall picks) or have performed incredibly and have been improving faster than expected (Eberle) which we see as having a higher value than Myers atm
I read what he said, before pointing out why it was a wet dream proposal. Sabres aren't dealing Myers imo unless they get a stud player back.Oilers don't want to move their top youngsters for Myers in a quality for quality trade ? That's fine, that simply points out why the 2 teams are bad trade partners.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 08:04 AM
heartsabres*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
I believe the correct response for this thread is no. He is one of those players that fans will never agree on a price for him. Sabres will want massive overpayment, and other teams won't want to give up what it would take to pry myers away from buffalo.
The correct response for this thread, "what is the value for tyler myers?" is "No"

Do you even read the OP????

heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote