HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

AHL Amerks Fri Dec 21 vs B-Sens Sat Dec 22 at B-Sens 7:05PM ET TV: TWCS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-22-2012, 08:39 PM
  #76
French Connection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
They miss a veteran defenseman. Actually, they would probably need 2 to be a real contender.


To me, it's pretty obvious Darcy Regier is calling the shots on who plays.
Defending RR?

French Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:40 PM
  #77
hockeylover1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 89
vCash: 500
Both. McKee only had the defence for part of the season. For some stupid reason they moved him to handle the forwards. Defence is a tough position to play you would think McKee who played at high level of hockey would be able to teach they guys. What level of hockey did Cassidy play? Was he a defenceman? The team as a whole does not play a defensive game

hockeylover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:41 PM
  #78
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Connection View Post
Defending RR?
Not really, he's a terrible coach. But he couldn't possibly be stupid enough to make some of the bizarre decisions he's made all year.

Darcy Regier just sees the Amerks as 100% development. He couldn't care less if they win 2 games or 60. McNabb is out there in all situations no matter what. He doesn't deserve it. JGL is in the lineup and playing a lot of minutes. He doesn't deserve it. I could go on but things just aren't adding up.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:44 PM
  #79
French Connection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover1 View Post
Both. McKee only had the defense for part of the season. For some stupid reason they moved him to handle the forwards. Defense is a tough position to play you would think McKee who played at high level of hockey would be able to teach they guys. What level of hockey did Cassidy play? Was he a defenceman? The team as a whole does not play a defensive game
This is a correct observation which nobody on this board has picked up on. McKee for some strange reason was relegated to the forwards during the games and never talked to the D.

French Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:46 PM
  #80
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com
 
Buffalo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Rochester
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Not really. He was a rookie in the NHL when most felt he didn't even belong there yet. Not only that he was in a top 6 role initially and later plugged around different holes. IIRC he was 3rd in PPG by a rookie the first month of the season. He started to struggle when the team went to ****. At the time it looked like Adam was dragging ass but it was just the beginning of a bad season.

I guess you can say he regressed looking at his numbers and how he and the team started to play but it's hard to pin it on Adam. He wasn't ready to play in the NHL and was basically thrown to the dogs because of the terrible center depth at the time. And then he was thrown under the bus by his head coach. It's hard for me to say he was playing poorly when it's inevitable that an NHL Rookie will fall off at some point in time, Rolston just hasn't gotten him back on track and the same is happening with McNabb.
How did Ruff throw him under the bus?

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:48 PM
  #81
French Connection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Not really, he's a terrible coach. But he couldn't possibly be stupid enough to make some of the bizarre decisions he's made all year.

Darcy Regier just sees the Amerks as 100% development. He couldn't care less if they win 2 games or 60. McNabb is out there in all situations no matter what. He doesn't deserve it. JGL is in the lineup and playing a lot of minutes. He doesn't deserve it. I could go on but things just aren't adding up.
RR is from the USHDP and IMHO does not know anything about what it takes to coach the pro game. He is Way Way over his head.

French Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:52 PM
  #82
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Connection View Post
RR is from the USHDP and IMHO does not know anything about what it takes to coach the pro game. He is Way Way over his head.
I agree totally. He has no clue and it's pretty obvious. I also think Regier is meddling in the background making things even worse.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:55 PM
  #83
Disengage
Registered User
 
Disengage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ontario, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover1 View Post
Both. McKee only had the defence for part of the season. For some stupid reason they moved him to handle the forwards. Defence is a tough position to play you would think McKee who played at high level of hockey would be able to teach they guys. What level of hockey did Cassidy play? Was he a defenceman? The team as a whole does not play a defensive game
According to hockeydb, he didn't play any hockey.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=126394

Disengage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 09:09 PM
  #84
hockeylover1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 89
vCash: 500
Wow that make sense no actual hockey experience or even coaching experience to teach our d. Get rid of the coach who had a whole lot of experience. The d played really well when Weinrich was the d coach in Portland. Won their division and second in the conference with guys like Brennan, Beiga and Crawford as rookies. Scheistal was hurt part way through the season.

hockeylover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 09:20 PM
  #85
French Connection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disengage View Post
According to hockeydb, he didn't play any hockey.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=126394
How can a so called "Hockey University" orginization have coaches who have never played the game?

French Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 09:24 PM
  #86
hockeylover1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 89
vCash: 500
Would be interesting to know if amerks have coaches with the least amount of experience whether it be playing the game or actual coaching experience.

hockeylover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 09:25 PM
  #87
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Connection View Post
How can a so called "Hockey University" orginization have coaches who have never played the game?
And people around here wonder why I constantly criticize the decisions they make. There isn't much they do that makes sense.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 10:03 PM
  #88
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,036
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover1 View Post
Would be interesting to know if amerks have coaches with the least amount of experience whether it be playing the game or actual coaching experience.
Does it matter? Are Jim Haslett and Mike Singletary better NFL coaches than Bill Belichick and Tom Coughlin because the former have playing experience while the latter didn't?

The playing experience factor means little, if anything, when it comes to coaching.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 10:13 PM
  #89
Disengage
Registered User
 
Disengage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ontario, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Connection View Post
How can a so called "Hockey University" orginization have coaches who have never played the game?
I stand corrected, Chadd Cassidy played college hockey at Cortland.

Disengage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 11:23 PM
  #90
Moskau
Registered User
 
Moskau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western New York
Posts: 9,756
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Does it matter? Are Jim Haslett and Mike Singletary better NFL coaches than Bill Belichick and Tom Coughlin because the former have playing experience while the latter didn't?

The playing experience factor means little, if anything, when it comes to coaching.
Are you telling me Dan Bylsma wasn't a better hockey player than Wayne Gretzky?

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 05:04 AM
  #91
heartsabres*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Budapest
Country: Hungary
Posts: 1,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Not really, he's a terrible coach. But he couldn't possibly be stupid enough to make some of the bizarre decisions he's made all year.

Darcy Regier just sees the Amerks as 100% development. He couldn't care less if they win 2 games or 60. McNabb is out there in all situations no matter what. He doesn't deserve it. JGL is in the lineup and playing a lot of minutes. He doesn't deserve it. I could go on but things just aren't adding up.
You do know it is a development league right? The point is to develop your players. What is the point of signing a bunch of veterans sitting your young players and winning the calder cup???

heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 09:07 AM
  #92
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
You do know it is a development league right? The point is to develop your players. What is the point of signing a bunch of veterans sitting your young players and winning the calder cup???
So you think the AHL is just all development right? You don't think the Sabres have any responsibility to put a winning product on the ice to the Amerks fans, players, coaches, staff members, sponsors? Do you think it's easy to sell tickets to a boring, mediocre team? The Amerks have 60 years of history and success. Just throwing that out the window? People like my dad who have been coming since the 60's, he doesn't matter right? Let's just throw players our there like it's a practice league. If that's the case, do not charge money and let us all in for free.

Sorry, you're wrong. And every time someone like you with no perspective comes on here and says that it affirms what I really think about most Sabres fans. A huge shame when people like you think a team within this whole organization shouldn't put a winner on the ice.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 12:06 PM
  #93
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,029
vCash: 500
Saw both of the games this weekend on TV as nothing else was on. It looked like for the most part eventhough they split the weekend that these 2 are nowhere near the same level. Luke Adam got a very flukey goal Friday night that helped. Binghamton looks like a dangerous fast team that can just keep coming. The Rochester team looks...slow. I would also say uninspired aqnd perhaps even soft/timid. I know Binghamton is pretty far up in the league standings. Where is Rochester?

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 12:23 PM
  #94
JPurp26
Registered User
 
JPurp26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,217
vCash: 300
Binghamton has top notch coaching as well

JPurp26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 12:23 AM
  #95
Imlach a cup
Registered User
 
Imlach a cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
So you think the AHL is just all development right? You don't think the Sabres have any responsibility to put a winning product on the ice to the Amerks fans, players, coaches, staff members, sponsors? Do you think it's easy to sell tickets to a boring, mediocre team? The Amerks have 60 years of history and success. Just throwing that out the window? People like my dad who have been coming since the 60's, he doesn't matter right? Let's just throw players our there like it's a practice league. If that's the case, do not charge money and let us all in for free.

Sorry, you're wrong. And every time someone like you with no perspective comes on here and says that it affirms what I really think about most Sabres fans. A huge shame when people like you think a team within this whole organization shouldn't put a winner on the ice.
Ok in the order you asked them;
Yes;
Minimal at best, I believe the line is "sole reason for existence is to win a stanley cup";
Doesn't matter at all, T Pegs can afford to paper the whole building;
60 years of history and 0 Cups;
Sorry your dad loves the Amerks, but as a Sabres fan, unless he plays center and can score 60-70 points a year, no he doesn't matter

However as irrelevant to the Sabres everything you said is, the fact that the team is losing and the prospects look bad to terrible in the process is an issue. The lack of defensive responsibility is an issue. Rewarding players who at times look pathetic with more ice is ridiculous. There's numerous issues with Rochester atm. Zero of them have to do with the roster not being capable of winning a Calder Trophy.

Here's some perspective for you. The bar at the top of the page says Buffalo Sabres and whether you like it or not there are people who couldn't care less about the Amerks. Without them the Sabres live on. Their record means nothing to the Sabres only the quality of the players they develop.

Posted from my phone at work in Henrietta. There's an envelop in my hand with Amerks tickets in it. When my boss gave them to me he said "I know how much you love going to the games" and hes right, I love seeing the Sabres prospects grow up, but winning a Calder Cup has never entered my mind as a priority for that team once.

Imlach a cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 07:14 AM
  #96
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
Ok in the order you asked them;
Yes;
Minimal at best, I believe the line is "sole reason for existence is to win a stanley cup";
Doesn't matter at all, T Pegs can afford to paper the whole building;
60 years of history and 0 Cups;
Sorry your dad loves the Amerks, but as a Sabres fan, unless he plays center and can score 60-70 points a year, no he doesn't matter

However as irrelevant to the Sabres everything you said is, the fact that the team is losing and the prospects look bad to terrible in the process is an issue. The lack of defensive responsibility is an issue. Rewarding players who at times look pathetic with more ice is ridiculous. There's numerous issues with Rochester atm. Zero of them have to do with the roster not being capable of winning a Calder Trophy.

Here's some perspective for you. The bar at the top of the page says Buffalo Sabres and whether you like it or not there are people who couldn't care less about the Amerks. Without them the Sabres live on. Their record means nothing to the Sabres only the quality of the players they develop.

Posted from my phone at work in Henrietta. There's an envelop in my hand with Amerks tickets in it. When my boss gave them to me he said "I know how much you love going to the games" and hes right, I love seeing the Sabres prospects grow up, but winning a Calder Cup has never entered my mind as a priority for that team once.
+1

You're right, absolutely. I grew up in a minor league city and have understood how minor league/developmental minor leagues work. In an independent minor league winning matters because it's all you play for. When you're talking about a league like the AHL where a lot of your team is comprised of contracted guys to the higher up you work for them, not for you. Your winning means nothing, Your developing means everything. You can win but not develop. You can develop and not win. There is the arguement that winning is developing in a sense, true but just because you win doesn't mean development either. If you're winning and the vets are carrying the load more than your prospects I think there would be room for concern. History is just that, history.

It's all about players impriving there games and being ready for the big show. Things you have mentioned are more important than winning per se. I have seen it many a times in minor league/pro sports where the minor league team kicked butt together but then when they got their chance at the big show flopped together.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 02:39 PM
  #97
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
Ok in the order you asked them;
Yes;
Minimal at best, I believe the line is "sole reason for existence is to win a stanley cup";
Doesn't matter at all, T Pegs can afford to paper the whole building;
60 years of history and 0 Cups;
Sorry your dad loves the Amerks, but as a Sabres fan, unless he plays center and can score 60-70 points a year, no he doesn't matter

However as irrelevant to the Sabres everything you said is, the fact that the team is losing and the prospects look bad to terrible in the process is an issue. The lack of defensive responsibility is an issue. Rewarding players who at times look pathetic with more ice is ridiculous. There's numerous issues with Rochester atm. Zero of them have to do with the roster not being capable of winning a Calder Trophy.

Here's some perspective for you. The bar at the top of the page says Buffalo Sabres and whether you like it or not there are people who couldn't care less about the Amerks. Without them the Sabres live on. Their record means nothing to the Sabres only the quality of the players they develop.

Posted from my phone at work in Henrietta. There's an envelop in my hand with Amerks tickets in it. When my boss gave them to me he said "I know how much you love going to the games" and hes right, I love seeing the Sabres prospects grow up, but winning a Calder Cup has never entered my mind as a priority for that team once.
What's your point? Do I care if you don't think the Amerks winning is relevant? You offered no perspective in your post at all. Just a bunch of ramblings.

Again, if you don't want to hear complaining, too bad. Tell Terry Pegula not to write a letter to every Amerks fan saying the goal is to win the Calder Cup. I'm certainly going to hold him to his words. So when it's obvious that they're not trying, they should be held accountable.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 03:39 PM
  #98
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
What's your point? Do I care if you don't think the Amerks winning is relevant? You offered no perspective in your post at all. Just a bunch of ramblings.

Again, if you don't want to hear complaining, too bad. Tell Terry Pegula not to write a letter to every Amerks fan saying the goal is to win the Calder Cup. I'm certainly going to hold him to his words. So when it's obvious that they're not trying, they should be held accountable.
"Obvious they're not trying" is subjective. You don't agree with what they're doing? Fine.

But don't say they're not trying.

SackTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 04:03 PM
  #99
SuperNintendoChalmrs
Registered User
 
SuperNintendoChalmrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Connection View Post
How can a so called "Hockey University" orginization have coaches who have never played the game?
some of them are still in pre-school.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 04:04 PM
  #100
Disengage
Registered User
 
Disengage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ontario, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
"Obvious they're not trying" is subjective. You don't agree with what they're doing? Fine.

But don't say they're not trying.
As someone who is known to be a quote unquote Sabres apologist, it's hard to say they're trying to put a Calder Cup winning team on the ice when they had the Amerks play 4 straight games with a defenseman at forward and one of those games short a man. They have Lagace, Boychuk, and Szydlowski playing on various AA teams, no reason to not call one of them up or sign someone to a PTO for the weekend. Dressing someone out of their position isn't going to help anyone's development and it sure didn't help the team win.

Disengage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.