2012-2013 Trade Rumours

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2012, 02:32 PM
gongshow519

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorPetes View Post

Mathers would be an asset to the Knights, they could use a big aggressive forward, and will fight when needed, has improved his play and skating as well as a team player on and off the ice.
I would love too see him on the Knights. Big body who can play and fight. Plus he is from strathroy so pretty much a local boy.

Old
12-20-2012, 09:06 PM
KnightsInsider93

Read this: http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.c...pelinos-firing

Sounds as if Nick Ritchie will stay through the bad, providing good coaching.

As far as the other two included in the rumours: Alan Quine and Slater Koekkoek are together in Mont Tremblant.

Add Derek Mathers's name to the rumours.

Things that strike me:
-Quine unavailable for comment on the issue meanwhile Koekkoek was (they are together)
-Koekkoek speaks in past tense
-Mathers incredibly honest
-Koekkoek did not shoot down nor did he confirm the rumours

What do you think?

Old
12-21-2012, 08:31 AM
PoorPetes
Rookie User

Think KoekKoek and Quine have no intention of going back and are serious about a trade and maybe not a bad thing for the Petes really.

Think Mathers needs to play for a team who will make the Playoffs and if Petes are rebuilding AGAIN why bother sticking around. Pretty sure he's not asking to leave but if there's the right opportunity for him and the Petes he'll look at his options.

Sounds like from the players and fans, maybe the wrong guy had the "C" this year . . .

Old
12-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Read this: http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.c...pelinos-firing

Sounds as if Nick Ritchie will stay through the bad, providing good coaching.

As far as the other two included in the rumours: Alan Quine and Slater Koekkoek are together in Mont Tremblant.

Add Derek Mathers's name to the rumours.

Things that strike me:
-Quine unavailable for comment on the issue meanwhile Koekkoek was (they are together)
-Koekkoek speaks in past tense
-Mathers incredibly honest
-Koekkoek did not shoot down nor did he confirm the rumours

What do you think?
Quine was and still is the most overated player in the 93 crop. He has never helped any team he has been on. Lot's of flash, that's it.

Old
12-21-2012, 12:21 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

I've wanted Mathers in a Knights uniform since he entered the league...nothing has changed. Bring the big guy home Mark.

Old
12-21-2012, 12:28 PM
GangGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
I've wanted Mathers in a Knights uniform since he entered the league...nothing has changed. Bring the big guy home Mark.
Bring Koekkoek along for the ride too. A top 4 d-man that will be here next year too. Do the Knights have the assets to land Mathers and Koekkoek?

Old
12-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Bring Koekkoek along for the ride too. A top 4 d-man that will be here next year too. Do the Knights have the assets to land Mathers and Koekkoek?
Sure do! Centoramme, Jammes and some very good picks or roster players now ie: Raine, Welychka plus picks (I would rather they not part with those roster players).
If you use the Watson trade as a base comparative (which I think we can all agree was in the Knights favour) I don't see why two young players with high ceiling and some picks couldn't get it done. Knights have a decent amount of high picks to play with.
You really wont get much for a rental and a disgruntled captain when they want out in the first place, so for those who think Domi or Horvat should go the other way in the trade, well, lets just say you might qualify as a member of the board for the Petes

Old
12-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Tim Wallach

The Knights easily have the assets to make the trade happen. The question is whether Mark Hunter targets the bottom-feeding Petes and all of their question marks, or more proven assets like those in Ottawa and Niagara.

Old
12-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
The Knights easily have the assets to make the trade happen. The question is whether Mark Hunter targets the bottom-feeding Petes and all of their question marks, or more proven assets like those in Ottawa and Niagara.
Excellent point, and as a Knights fan I would prefer paying more for a proven commodity.

Old
12-21-2012, 02:50 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Sure do! Centoramme, Jammes and some very good picks or roster players now ie: Raine, Welychka plus picks (I would rather they not part with those roster players).
If you use the Watson trade as a base comparative (which I think we can all agree was in the Knights favour) I don't see why two young players with high ceiling and some picks couldn't get it done. Knights have a decent amount of high picks to play with.
You really wont get much for a rental and a disgruntled captain when they want out in the first place, so for those who think Domi or Horvat should go the other way in the trade, well, lets just say you might qualify as a member of the board for the Petes
Centorame can't be traded anyway this year as the league rules state.

Not sure the Knights need Mathers. Do they want to get slower and bigger? I think another goal scorer would be a priority unless they can get Mathers for next to nothing.

Old
12-21-2012, 03:12 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post

Not sure the Knights need Mathers. Do they want to get slower and bigger? I think another goal scorer would be a priority unless they can get Mathers for next to nothing.
Ive also been interested in Mathers in the past but not sure we should spend any assets to acquire him. If its on the cheap (ie. throw in with KK maybe) but there are other Dman avail as well.

1 D and 1 F please Mark

Old
12-21-2012, 03:14 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
This is the Petes were talking about lol. If recent past means anything all teams would have the assets to make it happen

Old
12-22-2012, 03:53 PM
PoorPetes
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post

Why wouldn't any team want a big strong guy with physical presence? Not many (if any) are scared of Bilcke, McGuire, Anderson, Sills, Hottot or Rupert, but have Mathers on the ice with your smaller guys and they won't get touched. You'd get a hard working, forechecking forward and can play defense as well, not bad on the PK either. Didn't look too slow when he had a breakaway past the Knights def a month or so ago.

Last edited by PoorPetes: 12-22-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old
12-23-2012, 07:16 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorPetes View Post
Why wouldn't any team want a big strong guy with physical presence? Not many (if any) are scared of Bilcke, McGuire, Anderson, Sills, Hottot or Rupert, but have Mathers on the ice with your smaller guys and they won't get touched. You'd get a hard working, forechecking forward and can play defense as well, not bad on the PK either. Didn't look too slow when he had a breakaway past the Knights def a month or so ago.
Agree. Mathers is looked at as a thug and pugilist and no more by far too many people. The kid can play the game..always could. He's the new breed of enforcer. Think Leigh Salters if used correctly with the proper linemates.

Old
12-23-2012, 08:03 AM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Agree. Mathers is looked at as a thug and pugilist and no more by far too many people. The kid can play the game..always could. He's the new breed of enforcer. Think Leigh Salters if used correctly with the proper linemates.
Realistically Phlyer, What would be your offer for Koekkoek + Mathers or just Mathers.?

Jammes
Raine
*Welychka* - Welychka is a maybe for me, I think if we get Mathers, Welychka will start to see 4th line minutes (which wouldn't be a bad line with Platz & Rem) but I dont think he'd be too happy.
2 2nd Round picks

for

Koekkoek + Mathers

By the way, I wouldn't mind Mathers. Local boy and I think he'd want to play either here or in Sarnia (who should also be interested in Koekkoek) The only 2 things I don't like about Koekkoek is that he is another left handed shot which we have an abundance of including: Ferry, Zadorov, Maatta, Harrington, Fuller, Leroux and Liberati. He also apparently has an ego problem and thinks that just because he is drafted into the show that means he can act like he is better than his teamates, and to me that is not a good captain. Not to say that attitude would be tolerated here, I think he'd be shut up pretty fast!

People say "oh Slater, he has terrible numbers" The only numbers i'd really take into account with Slater is his goals/assists and points. He sits 7th in the league in defense having 25 pts in 35 games on the worst team in the league. He is at -22 but I wouldn't look at that number too hard. He can eat up minutes as well.

I'd get both players but not overpay simply for the fact that Slater is another left handed shot, I think having to include Welychka would be overpaying. Getting only Derek Mathers is another option that would please me as he'd come for next to nothing.

Old
12-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Realistically Phlyer, What would be your offer for Koekkoek + Mathers or just Mathers.?

Jammes
Raine
*Welychka* - Welychka is a maybe for me
2 2nd Round picks
for
Koekkoek+ Mathers .
omg id be furious if this was the trade! Talk about overpaying! How do you break that down exactly!?!
Raine, Jammes, 2nd for KK
Wely, 2nd for Mathers?
No thanks. Wely is quite under rated just as Mathers is and that to me because of the price becomes a wash. Raine can chuck knuckles if necessary and as many have pointed out, we arent being pushed around. Now enter the argument that Mathers is 'more' than just a fighter (which I agree) he is NOT better than Wely to justify this trade.
If the rumour of Raine, Wely, Jammes and picks to OTT for Monahan and Ceci is even close, at least we are getting CONSIDERABLE upgrades worth making the deal.
If that was the price with the Petes you dont make a move for the sake of making a move.
With all that said im quite comfortable Hunter will make us better wirh whatever he chooses to do.

Old
12-23-2012, 08:41 AM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
omg id be furious if this was the trade! Talk about overpaying! How do you break that down exactly!?!
Raine, Jammes, 2nd for KK
Wely, 2nd for Mathers?
No thanks. Wely is quite under rated just as Mathers is and that to me because of the price becomes a wash. Raine can chuck knuckles if necessary and as many have pointed out, we arent being pushed around. Now enter the argument that Mathers is 'more' than just a fighter (which I agree) he is NOT better than Wely to justify this trade.
If the rumour of Raine, Wely, Jammes and picks to OTT for Monahan and Ceci is even close, at least we are getting CONSIDERABLE upgrades worth making the deal.
If that was the price with the Petes you dont make a move for the sake of making a move.
With all that said im quite comfortable Hunter will make us better wirh whatever he chooses to do.
Then whats your offer?

Old
12-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Then whats your offer?
As stated, that package is better suited for a bigger return (trade with another team). My offer for KK and Mathers wouldnt be anymore than Jammes and picks. And i realize that most likely isnt enough but i guess the main point is this: i
dont think we are that much better with KK and Mathers in our lineup by taking out Raine and Wely (and Jammes i guess for the little he plays). Then to add picks to it which hurts next years run, i say you dont trade with the Petes.
Wouldnt you rather have Ceci and Monahan instead if the price was relatively the same?

Old
12-23-2012, 09:48 AM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
As stated, that package is better suited for a bigger return (trade with another team). My offer for KK and Mathers wouldnt be anymore than Jammes and picks. And i realize that most likely isnt enough but i guess the main point is this: i
dont think we are that much better with KK and Mathers in our lineup by taking out Raine and Wely (and Jammes i guess for the little he plays). Then to add picks to it which hurts next years run, i say you dont trade with the Petes.
Wouldnt you rather have Ceci and Monahan instead if the price was relatively the same?
Yes. 100% but Koekkoek and Mathers will come cheaper. We need another right handed shot for our PP. Ceci or Corrado would fit that bill for me. Corrado is another guy that could come cheap

Old
12-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Yes. 100% but Koekkoek and Mathers will come cheaper. We need another right handed shot for our PP. Ceci or Corrado would fit that bill for me. Corrado is another guy that could come cheap
Corrado...I like your thinking with that. I dont see us having to move key pieces for him.

Old
12-23-2012, 10:21 AM
BramptonFan09

Otters making moves?

I think the Otters would have a real good shot a putting together a contending team next year if they can make some good moves at the deadline to bring in a good 94 right shot defenseman, and a goal scoring forward. With McDavid, Brown, Fox, Pelech, Harper, Crisp, Cairns, and most likely Dansk all returning, and all their young guys with a year under their belts, a few more pieces could put them in good position. I think Abraham, Fox, and McDowell are all pretty good overages, teams don't let go of good overages easily and I think these three fit in well. For the past 3 game win streak they have had Adam Pelech and Spencer Abraham matching the top lines with Abraham playing his off side. Nothing against the kid hes improved alot defensively and has done outstanding with the opportunity thus far but they need another top 2 Dman to play on the top pair, plus Abraham and McDowell seem to play well together on the second pair. My hunch is Kuleshov will be gone next year and another top 10 Euro pick will hopefully bring in a goal scoring forward. If they trade for a top 2-3 defenseman and bring in a top 10 Euro pick forward next year this team could be very dangerous. Any thoughts?

Old
12-23-2012, 10:26 AM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by BramptonFan09 View Post
I think the Otters would have a real good shot a putting together a contending team next year if they can make some good moves at the deadline to bring in a good 94 right shot defenseman, and a goal scoring forward. With McDavid, Brown, Fox, Pelech, Harper, Crisp, Cairns, and most likely Dansk all returning, and all their young guys with a year under their belts, a few more pieces could put them in good position. I think Abraham, Fox, and McDowell are all pretty good overages, teams don't let go of good overages easily and I think these three fit in well. For the past 3 game win streak they have had Adam Pelech and Spencer Abraham matching the top lines with Abraham playing his off side. Nothing against the kid hes improved alot defensively and has done outstanding with the opportunity thus far but they need another top 2 Dman to play on the top pair, plus Abraham and McDowell seem to play well together on the second pair. My hunch is Kuleshov will be gone next year and another top 10 Euro pick will hopefully bring in a goal scoring forward. If they trade for a top 2-3 defenseman and bring in a top 10 Euro pick forward next year this team could be very dangerous. Any thoughts?
Otters should be right in the hunt for Koekkoek.

Old
12-23-2012, 10:30 AM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Corrado...I like your thinking with that. I dont see us having to move key pieces for him.
Don't quote me on this, but I believe Corrado might ask or have asked to be traded as well. Just like the Petes situation that could lower the price if infact they have.

Old
12-23-2012, 04:07 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
As stated, that package is better suited for a bigger return (trade with another team). My offer for KK and Mathers wouldnt be anymore than Jammes and picks. And i realize that most likely isnt enough but i guess the main point is this
This is true. I guess what the Knights will have to decide is do they want to lock it up, or do they want the Attack, Colts, Storm and/or Rangers to close the gap and potentially knock them off?

Quote:
The price will be much, much more for those two. I think Ceci is headed somewhere other than London anyway.

Old
12-23-2012, 04:48 PM
NHL Fanatic

Scott Teskey put in a trade request a while ago

Closed Thread