La Culpa No Era de Iker

kov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 653
Will be a solid off-season of rebuilding for Madrid. I look forward to it.

Last edited by Epictetus: 12-22-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 05:33 PM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
Will be a solid off-season of rebuilding for Madrid. I look forward to it.
How many millions will they spend? Mourinho has destroyed all that he helped build, it's awesome.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 06:33 PM
McSorleyStick
CYBORK

lol saying that Adan or whateverhisname is better than Casillas

Mou is so gone after the season

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
Going out on an early limb here but if his time with Chelsea is decent I would bet a lot of money on Rafa getting the RM job next season. Started there after all.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 07:15 PM
McSorleyStick
CYBORK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Going out on an early limb here but if his time with Chelsea is decent I would bet a lot of money on Rafa getting the RM job next season. Started there after all.
Do not want Rafa

I would like Michael Laudrup though

Old
12-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
lol saying that Adan or whateverhisname is better than Casillas

Mou is so gone after the season
Not sure he even finishes the season anymore

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 07:23 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
He wants to get fired so he gets paid 20 million in compensation,
but I don't think he deserves it's clear what his tactics are and they are very unprofessional.

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
He's not just unprofessional, but a cretinous and odious human being. I'd pay him his money and bring in a Michel Salgado for the rest of the season to bring some feel good factor, because this season is a total loss and leaving him around is going to do real damage to their squad.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Vasilevski
I ****** Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
He's not just unprofessional, but a cretinous and odious human being. I'd pay him his money and bring in a Michel Salgado for the rest of the season to bring some feel good factor, because this season is a total loss and leaving him around is going to do real damage to their squad.

Vasilevski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Captain Saku

If you think about it in retrospective, it's pretty crazy that Barcelona have lost only 2 pts in 17 games. Can they be heading to a record season?

Old
12-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Emppu

THIS is my Málaga

Emppu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:31 PM
McSorleyStick
CYBORK

Quote:
The 1st person I want to see gone is Florentino Perez

He has completely destroyed the identity of this club

Last edited by McSorleyStick: 12-22-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old
12-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
The 1st person I want to see gone is Florentino Perez

Hew has completely destroyed the identity of this club
I was a big RM fan in the 90s but since Perez came and started throwing money left and right and coincidently bringing players I dislike made me just hate that team. By 2006 I became officially a barca fan with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Puyol being the face of the club.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:12 PM
McSorleyStick
CYBORK

RMA players showing support for Tito

Old
12-22-2012, 09:29 PM
McSorleyStick
CYBORK

Quote:
I was a big RM fan in the 90s but since Perez came and started throwing money left and right and coincidently bringing players I dislike made me just hate that team. By 2006 I became officially a barca fan with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Puyol being the face of the club.
You made a reverse Figo move ?

I like Messi though, because I too am a lefty (we are rare lol), and its cool to see a lefty dominating the game.

Yeah I remember when Madrid had more homegrown players; and the golden era was " La Quinta Del Buitre "

Players who actually cared ; good times

Oh yeah and **** Perez for ending Raul's career in Madrid in a very unclassy way; the man is a legend there and is a proud Merengue

Old
12-23-2012, 02:58 AM
les Habs

I need to catch up on some matches. Really nice match from Barça against Valladolid to get it started.

Well the team started off really well. Alexis with a great chance in the 5th minute. Should have used his left foot and probably should have scored. Great passing in a tight space by the players in the buildup. After that though I felt that Valladolid were the better side for about the next quarter of an hour. From there on in though we took over the game until the last 5 minutes or so when they scored their equalizer. The team wasn't even slacking as it was a nice goal by Valladolid. Overall a great team performance.

A couple of notes on players. Another huge performance from Messi. More on this with his goals, but there's so much more there than the amazing stats. Speaking of stats though, he could have easily had a hattrick and really should have. I really liked Thiago. I read/hear a lot of people say "well so and so is just a generational player" and "they won't have another Messi." Well how about another Xavi? I mean this kid should reach Xavi's level and possibly be even better when you consider his skillset. Thiago with a bunch of nice touches and one-touch passes throughout the match. He worked hard off the ball and gets into good positions. Big performance from him. Interesting too as a lot of the time Thiago played deeper generally with Xavi getting forward more and closer to the box. Busquets was another standout. Another performance to highlight a player that most neutrals or detractors should see. Some great work in the "dark arts" defensively and some nice footwork on the ball. Have to mention Dani Alves as well. Some excellent service from Dani Alves in this game and he was a real threat on the right flank. I know their have been rumors this season, but I've seen nothing to suggest we sell him. We've got greater depth in terms of quality of performance right now than we have in some time, but he still is an important player for this team. Some nice workrate from Pedro. Sanchez got into good positions. Some nice defensive plays from Mascherano. Overall a great team performance really.

First goal was a microcosm of the way the team played until that point. Short quick passes with smart runs. What I loved though was what Messi did on that play. Came deep and when he had the ball with a player right in front of him, all he did was dwell on the ball a few seconds. Could have laid it off to Thiago, but held it, then made a run, played a give and go and then the ball was with Alba who slotted it to Xavi. Messi with the majority of the buildup and a nice goal all around, yet he doesn't get an assist. I normally watch the Sky broadcasts of the matches, but in the interest of time I downloaded a BeIN version tonight and Ray Hudson was hilarious on this goal: "You people with your lucky, fancy machines, just keep hitting that reply button." One funny thing about the goal too was that until that point Alba didn't get forward much at all. It was all Dani down the right flank, yet Alba on one of his few forays forward he gets the assist. He's not pretty much equalled his stats with Valencia in the league for all of last season. Oh, and another late goal giving use the lead going into the halfway mark. Then right after the restart you've got 4 players going at goal and Sanchez wasted the pass when he could have put Thiago through, but love that sort of attacking mentality. Then to start the second half we almost have another goal within minutes after some great give and go play from Dani and Pedro.

Second goal was another really good one. I think what sums up Messi though in what separates him from the likes of other players is the play just moments before. Valiente had the ball and some how Messi as he's harrassing him forces the corner. I still don't know how it happened, but just futher testament to what sort of player this kid is. Anyway, then he takes a poor shot on a really good chance which he seconds later follows up with a really nice goal. He could have played it out wide to Sanchez, and it looked like he was going to, but instead he holds onto it and puts it off the far post. But the again buildup was something. He holds off a player and gets it to Xavi, continues his run getting Xavi's backheel and right after he looks like he's going to play it out wide to Sanchez he puts it between a guys legs before the shot. Just that whole sequence alone shows you how great he really is, making plays out of nothing, and how much better he is than everyone else. Ridiculous to even consider anyone else for the Ballon d' Or.

Third goal was a gift to Tello with comical defending from that last defender as Tello went through, but I have to say he looked confident in the finish. In fact he looked to the left side of goal but placed it right. Regardless, the one thing that he needs more than anything is end product and that was it. A nice way to top of signing a new deal. Ditto for Xavi and Messi.

It has to be said, another really nice away atmosphere. Valladolid supporters were not only in the match most of the time, but very classy in their respective receptions of Villa and Iniesta. Their players gave them a nice goal and some nice late drama as well. Some of our canteranos in their side as well with Valiente and I think Sastre. Bueno was one of Madrid's I know. Some quality in that team.

Overall another big win in a number of ways. For starters it's great going into the break with a win. Couple that with a Madrid loss and it's even better. Also a big win considering the news about Tito this past week. Now I would expect this sort of response, but having that expectation met this way was great. Also a confidence booster for Roura. Actually his third win in charge this season, but different circumstances here. Finally away to Valladolid is a tricky fixture. Madrid only won 2-3, Betis 0-1 and Valencia only managed a draw. Valladolid are pretty good side if they continue to play like that then they deserve their place in the table.

les Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 05:21 AM
NMF78

Quote:
RMA players showing support for Tito

classy move by them

NMF78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Vasilevski
I ****** Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
I need to catch up on some matches. Really nice match from Barça against Valladolid to get it started.

Well the team started off really well. Alexis with a great chance in the 5th minute. Should have used his left foot and probably should have scored. Great passing in a tight space by the players in the buildup. After that though I felt that Valladolid were the better side for about the next quarter of an hour. From there on in though we took over the game until the last 5 minutes or so when they scored their equalizer. The team wasn't even slacking as it was a nice goal by Valladolid. Overall a great team performance.

A couple of notes on players. Another huge performance from Messi. More on this with his goals, but there's so much more there than the amazing stats. Speaking of stats though, he could have easily had a hattrick and really should have. I really liked Thiago. I read/hear a lot of people say "well so and so is just a generational player" and "they won't have another Messi." Well how about another Xavi? I mean this kid should reach Xavi's level and possibly be even better when you consider his skillset. Thiago with a bunch of nice touches and one-touch passes throughout the match. He worked hard off the ball and gets into good positions. Big performance from him. Interesting too as a lot of the time Thiago played deeper generally with Xavi getting forward more and closer to the box. Busquets was another standout. Another performance to highlight a player that most neutrals or detractors should see. Some great work in the "dark arts" defensively and some nice footwork on the ball. Have to mention Dani Alves as well. Some excellent service from Dani Alves in this game and he was a real threat on the right flank. I know their have been rumors this season, but I've seen nothing to suggest we sell him. We've got greater depth in terms of quality of performance right now than we have in some time, but he still is an important player for this team. Some nice workrate from Pedro. Sanchez got into good positions. Some nice defensive plays from Mascherano. Overall a great team performance really.

First goal was a microcosm of the way the team played until that point. Short quick passes with smart runs. What I loved though was what Messi did on that play. Came deep and when he had the ball with a player right in front of him, all he did was dwell on the ball a few seconds. Could have laid it off to Thiago, but held it, then made a run, played a give and go and then the ball was with Alba who slotted it to Xavi. Messi with the majority of the buildup and a nice goal all around, yet he doesn't get an assist. I normally watch the Sky broadcasts of the matches, but in the interest of time I downloaded a BeIN version tonight and Ray Hudson was hilarious on this goal: "You people with your lucky, fancy machines, just keep hitting that reply button." One funny thing about the goal too was that until that point Alba didn't get forward much at all. It was all Dani down the right flank, yet Alba on one of his few forays forward he gets the assist. He's not pretty much equalled his stats with Valencia in the league for all of last season. Oh, and another late goal giving use the lead going into the halfway mark. Then right after the restart you've got 4 players going at goal and Sanchez wasted the pass when he could have put Thiago through, but love that sort of attacking mentality. Then to start the second half we almost have another goal within minutes after some great give and go play from Dani and Pedro.

Second goal was another really good one. I think what sums up Messi though in what separates him from the likes of other players is the play just moments before. Valiente had the ball and some how Messi as he's harrassing him forces the corner. I still don't know how it happened, but just futher testament to what sort of player this kid is. Anyway, then he takes a poor shot on a really good chance which he seconds later follows up with a really nice goal. He could have played it out wide to Sanchez, and it looked like he was going to, but instead he holds onto it and puts it off the far post. But the again buildup was something. He holds off a player and gets it to Xavi, continues his run getting Xavi's backheel and right after he looks like he's going to play it out wide to Sanchez he puts it between a guys legs before the shot. Just that whole sequence alone shows you how great he really is, making plays out of nothing, and how much better he is than everyone else. Ridiculous to even consider anyone else for the Ballon d' Or.

Third goal was a gift to Tello with comical defending from that last defender as Tello went through, but I have to say he looked confident in the finish. In fact he looked to the left side of goal but placed it right. Regardless, the one thing that he needs more than anything is end product and that was it. A nice way to top of signing a new deal. Ditto for Xavi and Messi.

It has to be said, another really nice away atmosphere. Valladolid supporters were not only in the match most of the time, but very classy in their respective receptions of Villa and Iniesta. Their players gave them a nice goal and some nice late drama as well. Some of our canteranos in their side as well with Valiente and I think Sastre. Bueno was one of Madrid's I know. Some quality in that team.

Overall another big win in a number of ways. For starters it's great going into the break with a win. Couple that with a Madrid loss and it's even better. Also a big win considering the news about Tito this past week. Now I would expect this sort of response, but having that expectation met this way was great. Also a confidence booster for Roura. Actually his third win in charge this season, but different circumstances here. Finally away to Valladolid is a tricky fixture. Madrid only won 2-3, Betis 0-1 and Valencia only managed a draw. Valladolid are pretty good side if they continue to play like that then they deserve their place in the table.
He may has more skill and is better than how was Xavi at this age, I give you that.
But Xavi's soccer IQ might be the best in all world and no shot to Thiago but I doubt he can become another Xavi.. players like Xavi and Pirlo are so unique.. I don't think Thiago is that kind of player.
I think he could become a similar player to Iniesta though.

Vasilevski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 07:52 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Do not want Rafa

I would like Michael Laudrup though
I could see that happening actually, maybe in the future. He played for both Barca and Real back in the day, Real the last two seasons in La Liga. Fluent in language and want to play ball possession football.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
Real Madrid's "rebuilding" will be to just bring Neymar and other big shot players and try to make everything work from one season to the next...it's like the Yankees philosophy

btw, according to as.com, 93% of 63,000 voters in a poll they did think Mourinho is trying to get himself fired lols

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Cin
Buck Fettman.

vCash: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
Real Madrid's "rebuilding" will be to just bring Neymar and other big shot players and try to make everything work from one season to the next...it's like the Yankees philosophy

btw, according to as.com, 93% of 63,000 voters in a poll they did think Mourinho is trying to get himself fired lols
I thought Neymar to Barca was pretty much finished, and that they were just waiting until after the WC?

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
I thought Neymar to Barca was pretty much finished, and that they were just waiting until after the WC?
Man City just an emissary to Brazil in order to get him signed. Nothing is in stone until Neymar puts pen to paper.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/ma...o-sign-neymar/

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote