HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

2012-2013 AUS Regular Season Thread

Old
12-02-2012, 11:44 AM
UNB Bruins Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Acadia 3 UNB 2 - Tried watching this one online but the feed was terrible. Gave up by the second. UNB dressed only four Dmen. Acadia was missing Chris Owens (best Dman in the AUS). Surprised the Vreds started Fullerton. Mosher stopped 43-45 shots for the win.
UNB actually dressed 5 d-men but Kidd left the game early in the first with an injury.

The feed was fine for me, at least the video quality was...the sound wasn't that great....very static-y, which was also the case during the web-cast of the first meeting this season.

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 12:06 PM
RED ARMY EAST

Aus

These two clubs get right back at it in Fredericton, in the first week in January, which will be the last meeting against each other in the regular season. Acadia has had the extra home game in the series with UNB and have also had 2 extra home games than the V-Reds.
SMU has come on strong and have kept pace with the two leaders. They have pulled out 2 points in a lot of close games!
Should be a dog fight for the two bye positions. This league is a ultra competitive top to bottom, STU has improved it"s play in beating Moncton, X and losing to SMU in a shoot out.

RED ARMY EAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 08:31 AM
AUS Fan

"Surprised the Vreds started Fullerton..."

LaCosta had written LSAT or MCAT or some such thing that day. Long 6 hour exam.

AUS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:49 PM
VRedsRule

Kudos to Acadia, deserving first half leaders. Woulda, coulda, shoulda - fact is they are one point up in a very competitive race at top of AUS. UNB deservingly battling for first but they have to start playing smarter, too often take needless penalties and some sloppy defensive moments during first half. Expect Fully to respond in second half, too proud to give up the starters' role without a fight!

VRedsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Drummer
Better Red than Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
UNB actually dressed 5 d-men but Kidd left the game early in the first with an injury.

The feed was fine for me, at least the video quality was...the sound wasn't that great....very static-y, which was also the case during the web-cast of the first meeting this season.
If this was next season - the team would be capped as they have played 21 skaters already. Hopefully everyone can recover over the break.

The feed didn't work for me, but I've been having problems with Rogers for the past few weeks.

Regardless of the injury to Kidd - Acadia didn't have Jezegou or Owens. It doesn't get easier.

Interesting that we score a SH goal on our way to a win at home and they do the same thing to us. Shorties will kill you. However, they didn't have a 3-5 this game. 0-5 when you have a 22% PP isn't good. They should have scored at least one PPG. So, remove the SHG and score a PPG and UNB wins 3-2. This is a Specialty Team's league.

Great to see Dan at the top of the list for goalies: a GAA of 2.00 and 9 for 9 in games played.

Last edited by Drummer: 12-04-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 12:38 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

And that's why the cap is ridiculous....I've actually thought they have been pretty fortunate with injuries so far this year.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
And that's why the cap is ridiculous....I've actually thought they have been pretty fortunate with injuries so far this year.
FWIW a couple of CW teams played 2 men short, and the Bisons played one short in UBC a couple of weeks ago. And that's without roster restrictions.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:32 PM
SnipeShow91

The cap is at 25 players, not 21 as rumoured.

SnipeShow91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 07:27 AM
timbitca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
FWIW a couple of CW teams played 2 men short, and the Bisons played one short in UBC a couple of weeks ago. And that's without roster restrictions.
I don't think we've played 5 games this year with 20 players...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeShow91 View Post
The cap is at 25 players, not 21 as rumoured.
Where did you see that?

timbitca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:57 AM
mikeandI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
travel restrictions Holley. Sirant says they get 20 players tickets to fly, if they take more the team pays. with the amount of flights the bisons take it can add up, assume this is the same for all teams in the west who fly, when u bus no extra cost to throw a few extra guys on
it would make sense to move the roster cap in AUS to 25
21 is just dumb

mikeandI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:59 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Can't say I disagree with this..

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/...ate-a-tweaking

Old
12-12-2012, 02:29 PM
AUS Fan

SFX Brad Cuzner will dress for Halifax Mooseheads next 4 games while Konrad Abeltshauser recuperates from injury. Not often a CIS player does this???

AUS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS Fan View Post
SFX Brad Cuzner will dress for Halifax Mooseheads next 4 games while Konrad Abeltshauser recuperates from injury. Not often a CIS player does this???
Didn't even know that was allowed.

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Drummer
Better Red than Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS Fan View Post
Yeah - I can't see that happening. Halifax has his rights, but the CIS doesn't (or didn't allow) a player to play in any other league while being a member of a CIS club.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
Yeah - I can't see that happening. Halifax has his rights, but the CIS doesn't (or didn't allow) a player to play in any other league while being a member of a CIS club.
I really doubt that there is such a rule. I know that there are many U of M students who play Junior "A" or Junior "B", or even Senior in many cases. A few years ago the Bisons "called up" a player.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 11:27 AM
UNB Bruins Fan

Cuzner picked up a pair of assists in his 4 games with Halifax. I am surprised St. FX agreed to let him play. Certainly a unique situation that I don't think I ever remember seeing before.

Old
12-23-2012, 02:33 PM
rantfather

I remember 2!

Quote:
Cuzner picked up a pair of assists in his 4 games with Halifax. I am surprised St. FX agreed to let him play. Certainly a unique situation that I don't think I ever remember seeing before.
STU Tommies and Queens Golden Gaels did so in different years with rumors that the Kingston Frontenac compensated their player "handsomely " for the few games he played before returning to Queens.

I could.forage around for the names but those interested could find Out with a little research.

Rantfather

rantfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Rob

UNB 4 Acadia 2 - Vreds take over 1st place with the win. Tyler Carroll got the game winner on a short handed goal 6:43 into the third. Score could have been a lot higher as both teams were snake bitten around the net. Fullerton with the win for the Vreds. Mosher took the loss for Acadia.

STFX 5 Moncton 1 - What has happened to Les Aigles Blues? They were outshot in this game 49 to 24 in their 6th loss in a row. Owsley looks like he will be the starter for X the rest of the season. Lemay took the loss.

UPEI 2 DAL 1 (ot) - Panthers get a big win to hold on to the last playoff spot.

SMU 7 STU 1 - Huskies now move into tie for second with Axemen.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:39 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

UNB's 19th straight win at the AUC over Acadia....pretty remarkable given how good Acadia is year in and year out. The Axemen haven't won at the AUC since March 2006.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Rob

Quote:
UNB's 19th straight win at the AUC over Acadia....pretty remarkable given how good Acadia is year in and year out. The Axemen haven't won at the AUC since March 2006.
Wow. Didn't realize that.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Rob

UNB 3 Dal 0 - Fullerton earned the shutout stopping 17 Tigers shots but the story of the game was Wendell Vye who stopped 48 of 51 shots by the Vreds. One of the better goaltending displays I've seen this season. Tyler Carroll with two goals for the Vreds.

STFX 3 STU 0 - Perricone with the shutout for the Xmen but he only had to make 10 saves on the night. Coach Ryan must have had the Tommies in ultra defence mode after the were walloped by the Huskies last night.

UPEI 4 Acadia 2 - Surprise of the night. Panthers gain four points on Dal for the last playoff spot and tie Moncton. Noticed the Axemen gave up a short handed goal for the second night in a row.

SMU 6 Moncton 2 - Huskies win their 7th in a row while Les Aigles Blues lose their 7th in a row. It looks like Moncton may have some injury problems as they did not dress a full lineup. Huskies outshot them 57-18.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:57 AM
timbitca

Horrible weekend to start off the 2nd half for us, but we were missing: Mathieu Bolduc, Francis Rochon, Alex Emond, Alex Quesnel, Simon Jodoin for both games and also Eric Faille on Saturday. We played a much better game on Saturday then on Friday. I don't believe the shots were quite as bad as Rob stated either, definitely not what they were on the scoresheet.

timbitca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbitca View Post
Horrible weekend to start off the 2nd half for us, but we were missing: Mathieu Bolduc, Francis Rochon, Alex Emond, Alex Quesnel, Simon Jodoin for both games and also Eric Faille on Saturday. We played a much better game on Saturday then on Friday. I don't believe the shots were quite as bad as Rob stated either, definitely not what they were on the scoresheet.
Thanks for clarifying.

Do you know when they had a losing streak this long before?

Old
01-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Drummer
Better Red than Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbitca View Post
Timbit are these vacancies due to injury, sickness or missed the benchings - just curious.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Drummer
Better Red than Dead

UNB-ACD Tiebreaker

As Bruce H. mentioned in his Gleaner story - the win by UNB over Acadia (and the big save by Travis with 30sec left in the game) gives UNB the tie breaker on goal differential of +1 (12:11) as they have a 2-2-0 record in head-2-head.

Acadia's loss to UPEI is a bit of a shock and drops ACD to 3rd and 1pt out of 4th.

It's a tough league when you drop 2 spots in the standings due to two loses.

SFX & SMU get the tougher MacAdam pair this weekend in UNB and UPEI.