HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-21-2012, 12:00 PM
  #426
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Anyone else been overly attached to their RFAs?
Yup. Guilty here. I don't think of let any go. Well, one but I bought him as a loaner for one season. I likely will be letting a LW go in hockey coming due soon though. He is already in the HOF for his goal that sent RCR to the CWC. And there's my problem, I feel like I owe it to him to keep him around.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 03:18 PM
  #427
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,373
vCash: 500
Welp. Out of the NC in penalties.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 07:42 PM
  #428
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Welp. Out of the NC in penalties.
That makes 2 of us, forgot to take some of my young guys out of my NC line-up, then couldn't score a goal on 30 shots (10 on target). Disappointing.

redcard is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 05:54 AM
  #429
matsos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Welp. Out of the NC in penalties.
I had more fun setting up for that game than the actual outcome itself

matsos is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:36 AM
  #430
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsos View Post
I had more fun setting up for that game than the actual outcome itself
Well, enjoy. Is this the start of a miracle run? Or are you Psy-like and this'll be your one-hit wonder!?!?!

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 12:59 PM
  #431
matsos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Well, enjoy. Is this the start of a miracle run? Or are you Psy-like and this'll be your one-hit wonder!?!?!
Psy has better moves.

This is my macarena.

matsos is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 04:44 PM
  #432
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsos View Post
Psy has better moves.

This is my macarena.
Bahahaha. That song drives me up the wall...

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 06:53 PM
  #433
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,772
vCash: 500
Three straight two star offers for the General sponsor All in the 8.3-8.5 range. Surprisingly, this is only down 2.3M from the four star offer I signed after relegating from I.1. I would have expected much more.

I got lucky on the Media deal. Five stars for 5.64M. I needed, wanted, expected more. But it's still an increase of around 1.7M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Welp. Out of the NC in penalties.
Was this your priority again this season? I know losing in the NC in the past has sent you over the edge I'm through to the round of 32, but I don't think I'll bother trying to win. Too many good teams out there.

tujague is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 11:01 PM
  #434
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Was this your priority again this season? I know losing in the NC in the past has sent you over the edge I'm through to the round of 32, but I don't think I'll bother trying to win. Too many good teams out there.
No it isn't err wasn't. I need a respectable final standing in I.1 for my sponsors sake. Then I can get finances in order and what not. I'm already half way through upgrading half of my TFM 4ks to TFM 10ks in soccer in time for next sponsor offer. I hope to get one or two more in. This will really increase the bankroll. Perhaps it is time to sell my franchise GK. I just can't come to terms with it though.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 08:02 AM
  #435
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,772
vCash: 500
The new league for the Atomics is US III.4. Not a bad destination. I know the OTS isn't correct yet, but I'm sitting in 4th right now. I wasted a lot of energy last season. Even more in the placement playoffs when I knew I couldn't pick my league because of the regrouping. So I should gain as much as anyone else. I'm at 56, one team is at 54, and the next closest is 42. The top three are 84, 75 & 65. I'll be happy if things stay like this. I think two seasons down here would do wonders for my OTR.

Total from sponsors is 15.2. That's really not too bad considering I've been tanking for two seasons. This should be the low point. I still have 6-7 starter quality players to sell at the end of this season. That should be enough to keep construction going during these trying times

tujague is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 04:39 PM
  #436
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
hockey team moved to III.16 Looks like I am in the top 10 teams. So should be a good first season for me.

In football. I beat the first place team 3-0 which moved me up to 6th. Their first loss of the season in league play. Looking forward to how they react to that. Beat them on tactics. 4 points back from 5th. That win made me smile. Big upset.

tescosamoa is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 04:43 PM
  #437
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
hockey team moved to III.16 Looks like I am in the top 10 teams. So should be a good first season for me.

In football. I beat the first place team 3-0 which moved me up to 6th. Their first loss of the season in league play. Looking forward to how they react to that. Beat them on tactics. 4 points back from 5th. That win made me smile. Big upset.
Congrats! My footy club won today 1-0. I have back-to-back inactive teams next week so should be able to move up the standings a few spots in time for the mid-season review.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 09:37 AM
  #438
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,373
vCash: 500
Not a bad year for C/L drops in hockey - I guess that was expected after a very bad year last year. The biggest surprise of all - my 15 6/6 purchase didn't drop to 5/6 at 16!!! Though I guess that isn't too big of deal since it is my soccer team that gets hit the hardest with that crap.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 10:30 AM
  #439
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
how long does it take in hockey for the prices of the free agents to drop?

tescosamoa is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 10:43 AM
  #440
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
how long does it take in hockey for the prices of the free agents to drop?
???

What do you mean? All prices are dictated by people bidding...

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 07:19 PM
  #441
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
???

What do you mean? All prices are dictated by people bidding...
I guess when do you see drops in the bidding ??? Or is it consistent ?

tescosamoa is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 07:22 PM
  #442
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
Fighting Tie Domis That is an awesome name for a Hockey team.

tescosamoa is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 04:23 AM
  #443
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
I guess when do you see drops in the bidding ??? Or is it consistent ?
Yeah i'd like to know this too. Because some teams get very lucky and sign 1000+ OR 26 year old guys with 2/6 or 3/6 for like 150k. I normally offer about 20 contracts to free agenty every single day, from time to time i get lucky and sign someone, but i haven't been that lucky yet, mostly i got a player with 800+ or for about 250k.

suprvilce is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 01:58 PM
  #444
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
Yeah i'd like to know this too. Because some teams get very lucky and sign 1000+ OR 26 year old guys with 2/6 or 3/6 for like 150k. I normally offer about 20 contracts to free agenty every single day, from time to time i get lucky and sign someone, but i haven't been that lucky yet, mostly i got a player with 800+ or for about 250k.
It all depends on luck and timing. You can't tell what bids are on RFAs so just bid on as many as you like. Maybe you get lucky and the manager lets the player walk for next to nothing...

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 06:29 AM
  #445
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,772
vCash: 500
71 OTS

Still 4th in the league. The two teams in the 90s should roll on out of here and I'll get to dominate next season 10-2 wing in game #1 feels real nice.

Tesco, I thought you were in my league when you mentioned the Tie Domis I don't know about free agent prices, but I would assume prices are higher at the end of seasons (bonuses are paid out) and the beginning (teams have left over money from bonuses and players CL is known for almost a whole season). The lowest prices would be in the middle of the season, when most young teams are struggling to pay the bills. But this is only a guess.

Money in this game is completely out of whack. I'm sitting n 176M in soccer and everything is under construction except for the Sports Academy.

tujague is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 10:56 AM
  #446
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Money in this game is completely out of whack. I'm sitting n 176M in soccer and everything is under construction except for the Sports Academy.
No argument here. In my opinion, it should be impossible to max everything. You should be able to reach a few lvl 15s OR max out your rink but not both. There is no strategy in maxing everything. What would make things interesting is if people had to choose between one facility or the other, say, if there was a cap on the total number of facility upgrades you could do. Say that number is 75. You can upgrade facilities 75 times. You could build SA, TF and HR to lvl 15 but then the other 4 would be 7,7,8,8. Catch my drift?

You could go further and give temporary upgrades for winning certain things, insta-builds that expire at the end of a season for example.


Anyways, now that that ramble is over to expand on your point. My soccer team is scrounging pennies to get some TFMs build in time for sponsor offers while my hockey team is sitting on over 350M and nothing to spend it on as everything is maxed or under construction with at least 3 weeks to go. The rest is me turning to the internet and bidding 70+M on plays just for the hell of it...

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 11:29 AM
  #447
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
The rest is me turning to the internet and bidding 70+M on plays just for the hell of it...
I have slightly less money than you in hockey - and I'm just sitting on it too - occasionally going into the market for players.

1 player I bid on recently, went for 570mill!!!
570million worth of player!!

Hockey is becoming a farce to be honest - that sort of spend should not be possible...
EVER.

Emerald76 is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 12:01 PM
  #448
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
No argument here. In my opinion, it should be impossible to max everything. You should be able to reach a few lvl 15s OR max out your rink but not both. There is no strategy in maxing everything. What would make things interesting is if people had to choose between one facility or the other, say, if there was a cap on the total number of facility upgrades you could do. Say that number is 75. You can upgrade facilities 75 times. You could build SA, TF and HR to lvl 15 but then the other 4 would be 7,7,8,8. Catch my drift?

You could go further and give temporary upgrades for winning certain things, insta-builds that expire at the end of a season for example.
I love this idea. The guy running HockeyArena agrees with you. But he did it by raising expenses. It used to be our facilities maxed out at 100%, and you upgraded 1% at a time. Everyone maxed out everything pretty quickly. Now he's upped the max to 250 for training & regeneration. But it costs several million each day to be that high. I'm sitting around 135 and it costs over 1M for each.

But your idea of a max number of upgrades is good too. Expenses would still have to be raised as well. Just to stop people from sitting on 500M. I just dot think PPM is willing to do anything to crazy that would upset the paying customers.

What's the talk in the forms about different servers? There is an article in the Spanish ppm magazine with Tuttle talking about it. Or something.

Quote:
Anyways, now that that ramble is over to expand on your point. My soccer team is scrounging pennies to get some TFMs build in time for sponsor offers while my hockey team is sitting on over 350M and nothing to spend it on as everything is maxed or under construction with at least 3 weeks to go. The rest is me turning to the internet and bidding 70+M on plays just for the hell of it...
This is exactly what I did after my last post I don't even need him, but I'm watching a mid now. I'm 99% sure that I won't get him, so it's annoying to waste the time.


EDIT: 15-1 in game #2 I feel bad for these guys.


Last edited by tujague: 12-26-2012 at 01:23 PM.
tujague is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 04:54 PM
  #449
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
lost my second league hockey game. Outshot the guy 44 to 18... I need a better goalie. They are expensive to purchase. If I had 350 million... They joys of being new to the game.

tescosamoa is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 05:01 PM
  #450
Obryantj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I love this idea. The guy running HockeyArena agrees with you. But he did it by raising expenses. It used to be our facilities maxed out at 100%, and you upgraded 1% at a time. Everyone maxed out everything pretty quickly. Now he's upped the max to 250 for training & regeneration. But it costs several million each day to be that high. I'm sitting around 135 and it costs over 1M for each.

But your idea of a max number of upgrades is good too. Expenses would still have to be raised as well. Just to stop people from sitting on 500M. I just dot think PPM is willing to do anything to crazy that would upset the paying customers.
What's a rough HAPM currency ratio?

I think of my TF as being at level 22.5 and costing 650k a day to maintain. I'm not sure how many teams can afford to have the Big 4 with maxed facilities and staff (minus scouting for managers), but I would assume that the top 0.1% or so can/will be able to.

Quote:
What's the talk in the forms about different servers? There is an article in the Spanish ppm magazine with Tuttle talking about it. Or something.
This article (in English)?

"What can the managers look forward to in 2013?

The biggest news which wasn't published yet, is that we plan to launch a brand new version of soccer or hockey server. The biggest disadvantage of PPM is, that the people who join the game after three or four years are demotivated and the game is not the same for them. We would like to do something like "hockey 2" or "soccer 2", that means new server where everyone will start from scratch and it will be very similar to the current one. The biggest issues will be dealt with and some smaller details which people complain about will also be addressed. For example I can tell you that we would like to have 2 games a day. But all of this is very complicated and it's still only a plan at the moment."

Source Link

Obryantj is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.