HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12'/13' Draft Thread: Offensive flash is a beauty but defensive presence rules.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-23-2012, 08:17 AM
  #101
Sundinisagod
.........
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 9,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
It seems likely we could end up witha top 10 pick(well, 50/50 shot)

so who as of now are the top Centres in that top 10?

who would you pick at say 6th or 7th? I wouldnt expect top 5.
Mackinnon
Barkov
Lindholm
Monahan


I wouldn't be shocked if they're all gone after the 5th pick...maybe Lindholm or Monahan might be available at 6 or 7 (no later imho)

Sundinisagod is online now  
Old
12-23-2012, 08:45 AM
  #102
BigWilly
Registered User
 
BigWilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,926
vCash: 100
Right now I'm liking:

1. MacKinnon
2. Barkov
3. Jones
4. Lindholm
5. Drouin
6. Monahan
7. Shinkaruk
8. Nichushkin
9. Ristolainen
10. Pulock

BigWilly is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 11:32 AM
  #103
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 58,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVReemer View Post
Right now I'm liking:

1. MacKinnon
2. Barkov
3. Jones
4. Lindholm
5. Drouin
6. Monahan
7. Shinkaruk
8. Nichushkin
9. Ristolainen
10. Pulock
Artturi Lehkonen looked pretty good yesterday, and he's 2nd. leading scorer on his SM-liiga team.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...012252013.html

July birthdate, could depend on whether he's going to add some beef to his frame.

__________________
http://kuklaskorner.com/index.php/ps...e_corsi_issues

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 12:24 PM
  #104
leugangen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Artturi Lehkonen looked pretty good yesterday, and he's 2nd. leading scorer on his SM-liiga team.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...012252013.html

July birthdate, could depend on whether he's going to add some beef to his frame.
149 pounds? That can't be right?!

leugangen is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 12:39 PM
  #105
TMLife
#teambernier
 
TMLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
149 pounds? That can't be right?!
Really want a late first to pick this kid up!!

TMLife is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 12:42 PM
  #106
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 58,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
149 pounds? That can't be right?!
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=43584

Probably more current but 152 lbs.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:07 PM
  #107
BigWilly
Registered User
 
BigWilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,926
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Artturi Lehkonen looked pretty good yesterday, and he's 2nd. leading scorer on his SM-liiga team.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...012252013.html

July birthdate, could depend on whether he's going to add some beef to his frame.
He and De La Rose have impressed me quite a bit, I would certainly like to see more of them.

BigWilly is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:58 PM
  #108
Sundinisagod
.........
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 9,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVReemer View Post
Right now I'm liking:

1. MacKinnon
2. Barkov
3. Jones
4. Lindholm
5. Drouin
6. Monahan
7. Shinkaruk
8. Nichushkin
9. Ristolainen
10. Pulock

Mine would be very similar at this point...mostly torn between Jones and Nate Mac for 1 and 2.

1. Mackinnon
2. Jones
3. Barkov
4. Drouin
5. Lindholm
6. Monahan
7. Pulock
8. Shinkaruk
9. Ristolainen
10. Nichushkin

Sundinisagod is online now  
Old
12-23-2012, 02:17 PM
  #109
leugangen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
1. MacKinnon
2. Barkov
3. Jones
4. Lindholm
5. Drouin
6. Monahan
7. Nichushkin
8. Shinkaruk
9. Ristolainen
10. Pulock

leugangen is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 02:19 PM
  #110
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 72,324
vCash: 500
Defensemen prospects that has fallen from the 10 but have good potential, Pulock, Nurse, Zadorov and my homer pick ofc is Shea Theodore

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 02:22 PM
  #111
rdawg1234
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,251
vCash: 500
hmm sounds like this draft is alot deeper than last years.

Im hoping for someone like monahan if we have a 5-10 pick.

rdawg1234 is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 02:25 PM
  #112
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 72,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
hmm sounds like this draft is alot deeper than last years.

Im hoping for someone like monahan if we have a 5-10 pick.
Unless we are the new york rangers from the 03' draft we are well on our way to get a very solid prospect

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 02:43 PM
  #113
Beleafer4
Registered User
 
Beleafer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,966
vCash: 500
As of now, my tiers in terms of talent are:

Jones
Makinnon
---------
Barkov
Drouin
Lindholm
Monahan
--------
Nuchushkin
Pulock
Shinkaruk
Ristolainen

Im not really sure how to organize them within the tiers though. Those are my tentative rankings, although I still havent seen a lot of other top 10 candidates guys like nurse, etc. The difference between tiers are surprisingly small in this draft. Its a very good draft.

Beleafer4 is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 02:54 PM
  #114
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 72,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
As of now, my tiers in terms of talent are:

Jones
Makinnon
---------
Barkov
Drouin
Lindholm
Monahan
--------
Nuchushkin
Pulock
Shinkaruk
Ristolainen

Im not really sure how to organize them within the tiers though. Those are my tentative rankings, although I still havent seen a lot of other top 10 candidates guys like nurse, etc. The difference between tiers are surprisingly small in this draft. Its a very good draft.
Personally I'd put Barkov along with Jones, & Mackinnon.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 02:55 PM
  #115
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Personally I'd put Barkov along with Jones, & Mackinnon.
Same.

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 02:55 PM
  #116
BertCorbeau
Moderator
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,690
vCash: 500
I'd just absolutely love a top 5 pick in this draft .. That's all I ask for

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 02:58 PM
  #117
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
I'd just absolutely love a top 5 pick in this draft .. That's all I ask for
Top 6 would be perfect as well.

1-6 have star potential labels IMO

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 02:59 PM
  #118
showtime8
Registered User
 
showtime8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,615
vCash: 500
I think that a good mid round steal would be Carter Verhaeghe from the Niagara Ice Dogs.

You won't hear a lot about this guy, but I think hej has a complete game. This means that he's responsible defensively, but has the skill to put up the points. He doesn't get a ton of time on the powerplay with Strome, Ritchie and Theoret but I would expect him to be a big part when those players move on.

showtime8 is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 03:51 PM
  #119
leugangen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
I think that a good mid round steal would be Carter Verhaeghe from the Niagara Ice Dogs.

You won't hear a lot about this guy, but I think hej has a complete game. This means that he's responsible defensively, but has the skill to put up the points. He doesn't get a ton of time on the powerplay with Strome, Ritchie and Theoret but I would expect him to be a big part when those players move on.
He's the type of guy I would definitely take in the 3rd or 4th round. Good catch.

leugangen is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 04:04 PM
  #120
leugangen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Top 6 would be perfect as well.

1-6 have star potential labels IMO
I'd be fine with a top 7 pick: MacKinnon, Barkov, Jones, Lindholm, Drouin, Monahan, Nichushkin.

leugangen is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 04:07 PM
  #121
King Mapes
Moderator
HF's King
 
King Mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 23,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Personally I'd put Barkov along with Jones, & Mackinnon.
IMO Mack and Jones are tier 1 and Barkov by himself in tier 2.

King Mapes is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 05:09 PM
  #122
Epictetus
Moderator
Create yourself.
 
Epictetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,716
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinnishKulemin View Post
So essentially your reasoning for him being a lock at 2nd overall is as such:

1) he's ranked as 2nd by scouts. Therefore at therefore that must be his final draft ranking

2) he has high potential as said by scout as. Plus since he's big and skilled, he could step in right away.

3) because you say so

4)barkov, nor no one else will step in right away so we should ignore them

5) since no one is ranked higher than MacKinnon, their potential must not be high and therefore don't deserve to be higher than Jones

6) at one point you all but said his sure thing is pronger, or top NHL man. I don't actually really know because it was so convoluted

All in all, great logic.

1)scouts have already, multiple times suggested that barkov, Lindholm are right in the conversation for first overall. Meaning those scouts your logic is based on are saying its possible Jones isn't the BPA

2) same exact thing could be said of barkov. His potential is at the same level as Jones. And he's already playing on the top line in a pro league and has then size to step in right away. In fact scouts have said he's likely the most NHL ready player in the draft , more so than Jones (and how homes stepping in early makes any difference is beyond me. He's as unlikely to step into a top d pairing as barkov is on a top line center spot

3) great logic on this number.

4) stepping in to the NHL doesn't make a playuer the BPA. In fact it is often the biggest reason team take a player over the BPA

5)your logic here is weird. It doesn't make any sense

6)again not entirely sure what you were trying to say here. Your picking cherry picking high end upside. I could too with barkov (Malkin/sound in) or Lindholm (toeews/backs from) or drouin (giroux) to show why they deserve to be above Jones.

Your making some seriously wrong assumptions. Jones is by no means a lock to be the BPA player in this draft after MacKinnon and suggesting so is beyond stupid
This entire post is rubbish (not even including grammar and sentence structure).

You've taken what I said, inferred what you want (for sake of your argument, not what was actually correct), re-stated it in a classic strawman, and then attacked it with your own opinion. So in essence, way to argue with yourself.

I will finally say that I am done here, as there appears to be a thread titled "If at the 2013 draft the BPA was a defenseman how would you feel about drafting him?", where other posts are discussing this very same issue.


Last edited by Epictetus: 12-23-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Epictetus is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 05:15 PM
  #123
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge
 
Dangles McGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,393
vCash: 500
I think Monahan is destined to be on this team.

Dangles McGavin is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 05:19 PM
  #124
The Mentalist
A Hockey Mentalist
 
The Mentalist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
As of now, my tiers in terms of talent are:

Jones
Makinnon
---------
Barkov
Drouin
Lindholm
Monahan
--------
Nuchushkin
Pulock
Shinkaruk
Ristolainen

Im not really sure how to organize them within the tiers though. Those are my tentative rankings, although I still havent seen a lot of other top 10 candidates guys like nurse, etc. The difference between tiers are surprisingly small in this draft. Its a very good draft.
Nurse has the physical skills, his head isn't there yet, my worry is will it ever be.

The Mentalist is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 06:02 PM
  #125
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
This entire post is rubbish (not even including grammar and sentence structure).

You've taken what I said, inferred what you want (for sake of your argument, not what was actually correct), re-stated it in a classic strawman, and then attacked it with your own opinion. So in essence, way to argue with yourself.

I will finally say that I am done here, as there appears to be a thread titled "If at the 2013 draft the BPA was a defenseman how would you feel about drafting him?", where other posts are discussing this very same issue.
I like your style. Why respond to *what* he said when you can attack him on *how* he said it, amirite?

7even is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.