Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Jordan Binnington named OHL Player of the Week

Old
11-19-2012, 01:45 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Jordan Binnington named OHL Player of the Week

Toronto, ON – The Ontario Hockey League today announced that Jordan Binnington of the Owen Sound Attack is the OHL Player of the Week for the week ending November 18 after posting a 2-1-0-0 record including two shutout victories with a goals-against-average of 1.34 and save percentage of .956.

Binnington becomes the first goaltender to claim the award this season after a record-breaking week between the pipes for the Attack.  After dropping a 5-2 decision to the Knights on Friday night where he made 25 saves, Binnington rebounded Saturday as first star with a 35-save performance shutting out the Kitchener Rangers 4-0.  The victory marked the 66th of his career for the Attack, moving him ahead of Curtis Sanford (1996-2000) for first on the all-time franchise win list.  Binnington finished the week recording his second straight shutout on Sunday with 26 saves as first star of a 1-0 win over the Windsor Spitfires helping the Attack remain in first place in the OHL’s Western Conference with 35 points.  In addition to his outstanding play for the Attack last week, Binnington stopped all eight shots he faced in just over 30 minutes of action on Monday night for Team OHL in their 2-1 win over Team Russia in Game 4 of the SUBWAY Super Series in Sarnia.… read more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 06:07 PM
bidzey

vCash: 50
3 cheers for Binnington

I think Binnington is going to be the best thing that happened to St-Louis since Cujo. (Curtis Joseph)

edit:
3 cheers and 3 shutouts in a row... against goods teams too... Kitchener, Windsor, and Barrie. Last 2 games both won by a 1-0 final.

Last edited by bidzey: 11-21-2012 at 09:41 PM.
bidzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 09:11 PM
NHLFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidzey View Post
3 cheers for Binnington

I think Binnington is going to be the best thing that happened to St-Louis since Cujo. (Curtis Joseph)

edit:
3 cheers and 3 shutouts in a row... against goods teams too... Kitchener, Windsor, and Barrie. Last 2 games both won by a 1-0 final.
Well i think Jake Allen is the hier apparent isnt he?

NHLFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 09:52 AM
bidzey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFreak View Post
Well i think Jake Allen is the hier apparent isnt he?
Jake had awesome numbers in 200910 with Drummondville Voltigeurs in the QMJHL, and very respectable numbers in the AHL the last 2 years but only time will tell, I just like Bennington's dynamics and acrobatic capabilities.

bidzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidzey View Post
3 cheers for Binnington

edit:
Agh Kitchener was without all there scorers and best Dman and Windsor...well they aren't to good this year I'll just say that, and are one of the worst team offensively in the league.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote