HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Keith Yandle to the Habs

Old
12-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Chacal667

vCash: 500
Keith Yandle to the Habs

I'm ready to give Plekanec and Gorges for Yandle but only if the habs get one of the three first pick and draft a big winger/center like Barkov or Mackinnon.

I could imagine a team like :

Paccioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Barkov - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Bourque - Eller - Prust
Moen - Leblanc/Nokelainen - White

Yandle - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Tinordi - Diaz

I think we miss something in defense, markov is getting older and I don't really believe in Beaulieu. Yandle is young and could be great with subban.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 04:42 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
No thanks from a Habs perspective, Plekanec + Diaz is probably the most I'd do. Considering Plekanec is comparable to Krejci, and it was discussed that Krejci for Yandle was fair value.

Adding Gorges would constitute an overpayment for a position which we do not need.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
No thanks from a Habs perspective, Plekanec + Diaz is probably the most I'd do. Considering Plekanec is comparable to Krejci, and it was discussed that Krejci for Yandle was fair value.

Adding Gorges would constitute an overpayment for a position which we do not need.
to get a guy like yandle you have to overpay and I personnaly think krejci isn't enough.
Gorges should not be on the first pair with subban, we miss a real #1 D quarterback.

I know I give a lot but I like the lines I made if we get a guy like Barkov to replace the production of Plekanec and it should give the space to galchenyuk at center.

Old
12-23-2012, 04:56 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
to get a guy like yandle you have to overpay and I personnaly think krejci isn't enough.
Gorges should not be on the first pair with subban, we miss a real #1 D quarterback.

I know I give a lot but I like the lines I made if we get a guy like Barkov to replace the production of Plekanec and it should give the space to galchenyuk at center.
But we don't need Yandle. It would also be a big gamble to assume we'll get someone like Barkov. I'd love to have him, but I'd almost be happier with someone like Drouin.

Old
12-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
But we don't need Yandle. It would also be a big gamble to assume we'll get someone like Barkov. I'd love to have him, but I'd almost be happier with someone like Drouin.
we need a quarterback to play with Subban, a real #1 D. or do u think markov will do it a couple more years ? cuz I personnally don't trust it.

Old
12-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Oh God, I can't wait to see some of the suggestions that go on here.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 05:01 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
we need a quarterback to play with Subban, a real #1 D. or do u think markov will do it a couple more years ? cuz I personnally don't trust it.
Subban has a great booming shot that will more than suffice. As well, we have Beaulieu who should be nearly ready; just as Markov's career winds down. I'd also like to see what some other of our rookies from last year can prove.

Old
12-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Chacal667

and like I said, I do the trade only if we get a prospect like barkov or mackinnon, so it mean after the next draft. It is purely hypothetical

Old
12-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Subban has a great booming shot that will more than suffice. As well, we have Beaulieu who should be nearly ready; just as Markov's career winds down. I'd also like to see what some other of our rookies from last year can prove.
I don't think we should believe in beaulieu that much cuz we could be very disappointed

Old
12-23-2012, 05:04 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
and like I said, I do the trade only if we get a prospect like barkov or mackinnon, so it mean after the next draft. It is purely hypothetical
I get it, but I feel like we need to target weaknesses, rather than something that we're fine with. We've also got Kaberle, if he can regain form.

Old
12-23-2012, 05:04 PM
capitalsrock

Pheonix does this deal.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 05:41 PM
ulysse84

Good deal for me , with a 2nd 2013

PLEKANEC - GORGES --> 9M.
YANDLE - 2nd 2013 ---> 5.25

difference --> + 3.75 ---> UFA ---> July , 1st 2013

ulysse84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 06:27 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Yandle is awesome but if im the Habs, id rather keep Pleks and Gorges

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 06:53 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Yandle is awesome but if im the Habs, id rather keep Pleks and Gorges
We really have no interest in Plekanec if Yandle is the price. We would be targeting a very different type of player if we were to move Yandle. For Plekanec, possibly for a package of Vermette + Murphy to start, but probably nothing that would entice the Canadiens to move him.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 07:20 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
We really have no interest in Plekanec if Yandle is the price. We would be targeting a very different type of player if we were to move Yandle. For Plekanec, possibly for a package of Vermette + Murphy to start, but probably nothing that would entice the Canadiens to move him.
I don't dislike Vermette + Murphy for Plekanec. It doesn't sound bad at all... For a starter. Not sure if it would be the best offer on the table in a trade deadline scenario though.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 08:02 PM
capebretoncanadien

I like Yandle the player but we have more glaring needs than that.

First off....a second line winger.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
couple of points here

1) If the Yotes have a top 3 pick they are not trading it for Georges and Plekanec straight up nevermind throwing in Yandle.

2) Not sure Beaulieu is going to be the answer as he is falling behind where he is expected to be at this point of his career and certainly not right now.

3) Markov looks done

4) Diaz is a possiblity but he needs to show more urgency in his play and he is 26, can he change that now?

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
I'm not so sure that the Yotes wouldn't move Yandle of Plekanec straight up.

OEL is the franchise Dman in the desert and the Yotes have more than enough good young prospects in Gormley, Goncharov, Rundblad and Murphy to handle the loss of Yandle.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 09:08 PM
glenbuis

Yandle's good but a little soft on the coverage. We should all ways be thinking of getting tougher to play against like Bogosian.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 09:36 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
I'm not so sure that the Yotes wouldn't move Yandle of Plekanec straight up.

OEL is the franchise Dman in the desert and the Yotes have more than enough good young prospects in Gormley, Goncharov, Rundblad and Murphy to handle the loss of Yandle.
That's not the point at all.

I have mentioned Yandle a number of times in other threads that involved a TOP-LINE HIGH-END SKILLED forward that can serve as an offensive catalyst, and one that needs to be reasonably young as to grow with the development of young players in the org (prob no more than 27 right now).

Plekanec, as useful as he is, is not that. Any of the big four on D in our organization Yandle/OEL/Gormley/Rundblad would only be moved by themselves or in a package if a legit 1st line offensive player is coming back, something like Duchene/Couture/Yak/Strome/Perron/Couterier/etc. We certainly can afford to trade Yandle, but Plekanec will not be the target if he is ever moved, the need for a 2nd line 2-way player (which we have a few) is an order of magnitude less than the need for a highly skilled offensive catalyst.

The other offer I made is certainly no slouch (Vermette + Murphy), which we can afford to do (Plek is a step up from Vermette, and we have a number of top-4 D and prospects ahead of Murphy already, so losing him wouldn't hurt the system much). And if you don't see that as a fair offer, then you should just move on, because we certainly don't see Plek's usefulness to us being anything more than that.

Old
12-23-2012, 09:46 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I don't dislike Vermette + Murphy for Plekanec. It doesn't sound bad at all... For a starter. Not sure if it would be the best offer on the table in a trade deadline scenario though.
Perhaps that could be the basis of a potential deal then.

I'm not sure if the Yotes would get into a bidding war though. I think this offer is already very close, if not enough to persuade the Canadiens to oblige.

Some in the Coyotes forums probably wouldn't even go this far, since many would cite the pretty high-ceiling that Murphy has. But I think that there is just too much of a logjam in that position for all of them to develop properly. We already have very capable vets in Klesla and Michalek; two young top-pairing worthy D-men in Yandle and OEL already proven at the NHL level; a few more young professionals (while not 1st pairing material, are very serviceable in top 5) in Schlemko/Goncharov/Summers/Stone/etc; a couple of potential studs in Gormley and Rundblad coming through the ranks. Someone like Murphy, as good potential as he is, might be buried in the depth chart for too long.

Old
12-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Perhaps that could be the basis of a potential deal then.

I'm not sure if the Yotes would get into a bidding war though. I think this offer is already very close, if not enough to persuade the Canadiens to oblige.

Some in the Coyotes forums probably wouldn't even go this far, since many would cite the pretty high-ceiling that Murphy has. But I think that there is just too much of a logjam in that position for all of them to develop properly. We already have very capable vets in Klesla and Michalek; two young top-pairing worthy D-men in Yandle and OEL already proven at the NHL level; a few more young professionals (while not 1st pairing material, are very serviceable in top 5) in Schlemko/Goncharov/Summers/Stone/etc; a couple of potential studs in Gormley and Rundblad coming through the ranks. Someone like Murphy, as good potential as he is, might be buried in the depth chart for too long.
As a Hab fan it took me a while to wrap my head around that deal but I'd be okay with it, though I'm not sure it's the best deal we'd get for Plekanec.

I could see Murphy partnering well with Tinordi with their strengths and weaknesses in their games balancing each other out. Tinordi needs someone who can skate and Murphy needs someone with size, so I think they'd probably make a good 2nd pairing. I'd probably prefer someone other then Vermette but there's no one I can think of on your roster.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Descendent*

Yandle is underrated.

Descendent* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 12:07 AM
Prairie Habs

This makes no sense at all for Montreal. First of all you aren't filling a void we actually have, you are just imagining one by assuming Markov won't recover and Bealieu will bust. So to fix the non-existent problem you see on the PP you absolutely gut one of our biggest strengths (the PK) to overpay for someone who will be a UFA possibly before ever playing for us. And to make this trade for the 6 month contract you would have us trade two of our leader who are locked up for 4 and 6 years on good deals. I would much rather see what we have in Markov, Diaz, Bealieu, and even Kaberle before making a dumb move like this.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
This makes no sense at all for Montreal. First of all you aren't filling a void we actually have, you are just imagining one by assuming Markov won't recover and Bealieu will bust. So to fix the non-existent problem you see on the PP you absolutely gut one of our biggest strengths (the PK) to overpay for someone who will be a UFA possibly before ever playing for us. And to make this trade for the 6 month contract you would have us trade two of our leader who are locked up for 4 and 6 years on good deals. I would much rather see what we have in Markov, Diaz, Bealieu, and even Kaberle before making a dumb move like this.
Markov is 35 btw, Beaulieu isn't looking good right now, I doubt he will become a #1-2 D in the league and who's ufa at the end of 2013 ? cuz Yandle just signed a new deal this last summer.