HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-22-2012, 08:30 PM
  #1001
MrMariusz
Registered User
 
MrMariusz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belgium
Country: Belgium
Posts: 1,793
vCash: 500
GWG seen!

MrMariusz is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:31 PM
  #1002
Brennan17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
AWESOME! lashoff buries in OT. Awesome work by tatar.

Brennan17 is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:31 PM
  #1003
The Nose
#thefuture
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 7,801
vCash: 500
Lashoff with the game-winner from Almqvist and Tatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Nose is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:32 PM
  #1004
loojay
Registered User
 
loojay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
Great play by Tatar and Almqvist.

loojay is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:32 PM
  #1005
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,470
vCash: 500
Tommy with another solid effort... Definitely gonna try and get to a game next week.

JmanWingsFan is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:49 PM
  #1006
waltdetroit
Registered User
 
waltdetroit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Blashill sounds exactly like Babcock...
I totally agree

just needs the death stare


Last edited by waltdetroit: 12-22-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: add/clarify
waltdetroit is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 11:05 PM
  #1007
FabricDetails
Registered User
 
FabricDetails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Blashill sounds exactly like Babcock...
Does he begin ever interview answer with "Well"?

FabricDetails is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 11:34 PM
  #1008
The Nose
#thefuture
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 7,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricDetails View Post
Does he begin ever interview answer with "Well"?
Idk but when I was listening to the radio I could've sworn they were interviewing Babcock until the end when they said Jeff and I was mindblown.

The Nose is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 09:36 AM
  #1009
FabricDetails
Registered User
 
FabricDetails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,073
vCash: 500

FabricDetails is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 09:55 AM
  #1010
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,255
vCash: 500
I still dont think Mccollum has an NHL future but seeing him on the winning end of 2-1 OT games is a huge improvement

newfy is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 12:45 PM
  #1011
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 18,139
vCash: 500
vs. Wolves http://sendtonews.com/index.php?id=211&SK=8D1adKS4Rl

joe89 is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 04:13 PM
  #1012
TS Quint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
What a pass by Almqvist

TS Quint is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 04:25 PM
  #1013
The Nose
#thefuture
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 7,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
What a pass by Almqvist
I know it isn't likely but I could see him progressing into a good #4 defenseman who QB's the 2nd PP.

The Nose is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 05:14 PM
  #1014
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 22,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
I know it isn't likely but I could see him progressing into a good #4 defenseman who QB's the 2nd PP.
Really like his improvement but lets be honest Almqvist has his work cut out for him for that role in with the Wings.

Kronwall, Smith, Sproul, Marchenko, Ouellet, and if Babs is around forwards.

His development has been real good and his confidence has taken off, he is easily the most crisp passer in GR on the backend. That will be big going forward, but I don't know even with as much as I like him on the PP in GR that he has anything for the guys listed.

I would like to see Smith and Almqvist tried out, I think the fact he can shoot would open up things for Brendan more.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 05:46 PM
  #1015
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable
 
Guru Meditation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I would like to see Smith and Almqvist tried out, I think the fact he can shoot would open up things for Brendan more.
Which would of course make up for the fact that Brendan refuses to shoot altogether.

Guru Meditation is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 12:47 AM
  #1016
The Nose
#thefuture
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 7,801
vCash: 500
Was looking up the player stats...

Jurco is pretty disappointing stat-wise... 8 points and -3

The Nose is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 01:03 AM
  #1017
cjm502
#FireHolland
 
cjm502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mid Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Was looking up the player stats...

Jurco is pretty disappointing stat-wise... 8 points and -3
I really thought he would be doing better by now, but he is slowly looking more and more comfortable and looks to be playing a little bit better also. I will take a shot in the dark and say next season, Jurco starts lighting it up.

cjm502 is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 01:30 AM
  #1018
The Nose
#thefuture
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 7,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm502 View Post
I really thought he would be doing better by now, but he is slowly looking more and more comfortable and looks to be playing a little bit better also. I will take a shot in the dark and say next season, Jurco starts lighting it up.
Yeah he's looked impressive but the stats are underwhelming considering his linemates stats, but that could just be a result of not playing as much PP. I think the kid needs to be stronger so he can be more effective around the boards

The Nose is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 01:37 AM
  #1019
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 18,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
Which would of course make up for the fact that Brendan refuses to shoot altogether.
He shoots a fair bit, but it's almost all on the rush and not much on the PP. Almqvist has the best pure point shot and one-timer by some margin

joe89 is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 06:25 AM
  #1020
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 22,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
He shoots a fair bit, but it's almost all on the rush and not much on the PP. Almqvist has the best pure point shot and one-timer by some margin
I don't think his shot is bigger than Smith's shot at all. He gets it through more and that is important as well as more consistent. But when Smith gets a big crack he has an extremely hard shot. It is part of why teams seem to be shadowing him. Smith needs to adjust to that but he has a very heavy shot especially when he does one-timers.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 01:42 PM
  #1021
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 18,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I don't think his shot is bigger than Smith's shot at all. He gets it through more and that is important as well as more consistent. But when Smith gets a big crack he has an extremely hard shot. It is part of why teams seem to be shadowing him. Smith needs to adjust to that but he has a very heavy shot especially when he does one-timers.
Yeah that's what I meant. Most guys at this level can shoot, but Almqvist constantly sets himself up for them aswell. At the start of the season not so much, but once he got comfortable he's been a threat. He's got the prototypical D-man slap shot, shooting for screens and rebounds. When Smith recieves a pass he likes to skate with it and wind up. Part of Smith's problem(on the PP) is Billins though for sure. Billins' shot isn't very good nor accurate, and he's an extreme pass-first guy. Teams probably know that by now. Looking at the shooting stats, I'm very surprised Almqvist has shot less than Billins. Have to echo that they should try to switch the two. Although it's kind of a strength to have a second unit with Almqvist, Ferraro and Pare which has been very good.

joe89 is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 02:17 PM
  #1022
The Nose
#thefuture
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 7,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Yeah that's what I meant. Most guys at this level can shoot, but Almqvist constantly sets himself up for them aswell. At the start of the season not so much, but once he got comfortable he's been a threat. He's got the prototypical D-man slap shot, shooting for screens and rebounds. When Smith recieves a pass he likes to skate with it and wind up. Part of Smith's problem(on the PP) is Billins though for sure. Billins' shot isn't very good nor accurate, and he's an extreme pass-first guy. Teams probably know that by now. Looking at the shooting stats, I'm very surprised Almqvist has shot less than Billins. Have to echo that they should try to switch the two. Although it's kind of a strength to have a second unit with Almqvist, Ferraro and Pare which has been very good.
How about promoting Ferraro to 1st line PP? He could play the point as a right-handed shot and he's got a pretty good shot. Biilins - Almqvist on the 2nd unit.

The Nose is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 02:34 PM
  #1023
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 18,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
How about promoting Ferraro to 1st line PP? He could play the point as a right-handed shot and he's got a pretty good shot. Biilins - Almqvist on the 2nd unit.
I wouldn't see any downside with it, but truth be told Paetsch's role on the team is probably pretty set in stone if we're looking at it realistically.

joe89 is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 04:11 PM
  #1024
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 22,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I wouldn't see any downside with it, but truth be told Paetsch's role on the team is probably pretty set in stone if we're looking at it realistically.
Yeah it is very unlikely. In fact when they went to a forward at the point when he was down Sheahan got the call.

The Griffins need to win games, they are their own organization. It is the same reason I spent all summer telling people Pare would be in the top 6.

If we could control this from just a Wings development point of view, the first change would be Jurco over Hoggan on the PP. But that doesn't help win games it only helps Jurco's development.

It also can be argued Grand Rapids needs to make the playoffs anyway. When the Wings crashed out early last year those guys lost a month of practice with the big team that we have been seeing. With the big club in some sort of transition, I don't think they are as bad as people think but I don't think you can say absolutely that they are playing into May, it is important that GR goes to the playoffs. I think that is a big part of what you're seeing down there. Grand Rapids is running a little more like a normal AHL team this year and less like just a pure extension of the Wings.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 06:12 PM
  #1025
RedMenace
100% Less Babcock
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In the Tubes
Country: United States
Posts: 4,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
What a pass by Almqvist
Seems like nobody is giving much credit to Lashoff's defensive play on the 2-on-1 immediately prior.

He definitely deserved to get that goal.

RedMenace is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.