HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jordan Staal traded to Carolina for Brandon Sutter, Brian Dumoulin, 8th overall

Old
12-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Burgs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
He made the Memorial Cup and won the WHL Rookie of the Year award. He was also drafted 1st overall in the WHL Bantam Draft. Don't give me that "he doesn't deserve it" crap. Completely opinionated.
Since Portland last made it to the Memorial Cup when Pouliot was 4 years old, that's really quite an accomplishment. He also didn't win Rookie of the Year (that was Matthew Dumba). But well... opinions, right?

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 07:06 AM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
I agree with everything you said however I just wanted to correct you on one thing... Benoit Pouliot played in the OHL for the Sudbury Wolves, not in the Q.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=4961

You're welcome Honey.
Crap, I thought he was Sid's winger on Oceanic. My bad.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 07:08 AM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
Since Portland last made it to the Memorial Cup when Pouliot was 4 years old, that's really quite an accomplishment. He also didn't win Rookie of the Year (that was Matthew Dumba). But well... opinions, right?
For some reason, I thought they made it last year. It was the Oil Kings, not them.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 09:15 AM
#1GuinFan

vCash: 3881
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
Crap, I thought he was Sid's winger on Oceanic. My bad.
Ur thinking the other Pouliot, M.A.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=3511

Point can still be made with both though.

#1GuinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:21 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Can I just go back to the whole "we want Toews" discussion for a second? And ask what the heck we are talking about? Is it a) me rationalizing taking jStaal with the 2006 knowledge or b) me going back from 2012 in a time machine and re-drafting?
Because a I will do to my last breath. Staal stepped in and contributed significantly right away. He was one of the best players of the draft and taking him was not a mistake.
If it is b), that **** happens and especially when you look at it from one certain point in time. Right now, which Ducks fan would not trade Ryan for Kopitar?
And, really, if someone gave you the chance to do b), you would take Toews over Giroux? Why because as a Flyer he turned out a bit of a jackass? It`s not like Toews is that likeable. As a matter of fact, in likability, I`d still go with Staat narrowly adging out Backstrom.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote