HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2012, 09:16 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Fine for Slovan and Visnovsky (statements against refs). I was right.

Old
12-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Faterson

Where are Višňovský's statements published? 300 thousand roubles (around €7,400) is a hefty fine. You can now bet he wouldn't travel to the All Star Game even if he got nominated.

Old
12-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Where are Višňovský's statements published? 300 thousand roubles (around €7,400) is a hefty fine. You can now bet he wouldn't travel to the All Star Game even if he got nominated.
http://sportky.topky.sk/c/99767/visn...ribrzdit-zapas

I'd appreciate a proper translation too as I wasn't pleased at all by the russian version of it. If he said what they translated then he got away with a small fine for my taste. I've also never seen a thread explode that way with comments on the russian forum since the WC. He certainly has lost a bunch of fans in Russia now. The KHL basically only fined him for his comments about the refs, but the part about russians wasn't pretty either.

Last edited by Atas2000: 12-24-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old
12-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Hey guys, I was looking at the Spengler cup schedule and I noticed Salavat was playing in it. How does that work with the KHL's scheduling? Do they have to let the KHL brass know they will be playing for the spengler cup to get the games rescheduled? Looks like they don't have another game until Jan 3, 2012 while the other teams have a few games each between then

Old
12-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
I've also never seen a thread explode that way with comments on the russian forum since the WC.
Which Russian forum? I'd like to take a look.

Yes, the statements are rough. It's safe to say he's no fan of Russia, but few people in Slovakia are. 1968 and 4 decades of an oppressive regime (perceived as imposed on us from the east) won't go away from the Slovak psyche for generations to come.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
So, Kari Jalonen is fired and no one on HFBoards cares? Tried to find any sort of discussion on this particular topic, but to no avail.

Was it Syomin or the 9th spot?

EDIT: And Safin. That guy is a coach for MHL-B team.
Well, they did lose 10 of their last 15. I know one Torpedo fan quite well, who was very unhappy to hear the news. He was well liked in NN.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:19 AM
od71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Hey guys, I was looking at the Spengler cup schedule and I noticed Salavat was playing in it. How does that work with the KHL's scheduling? Do they have to let the KHL brass know they will be playing for the spengler cup to get the games rescheduled? Looks like they don't have another game until Jan 3, 2012 while the other teams have a few games each between then
The stadium in Ufa will be busy cos of WJC. There is no even free locker room for Salavat.
Salavat lost two last games with combined score 2:10 and their coach was fired today. I don't think that they'll perform at the Spengler Cup better

Last edited by od71: 12-24-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old
12-24-2012, 10:21 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:

Yes, the statements are rough. It's safe to say he's no fan of Russia, but few people in Slovakia are. 1968 and 4 decades of an oppressive regime (perceived as imposed on us from the east) won't go away from the Slovak psyche for generations to come.
sorry for the offtop- but what's changed besides the oppressor?

Old
12-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
sorry for the offtop- but what's changed besides the oppressor?
Everything. We have had freedom since 1990. That we don't know how to deal with it, is a different matter. At least now we have only ourselves to blame. The KHL is the first thing that might make Russia at least a little bit popular or interesting in Slovakia again after 23 years, so let's not spoil that by arguing over referees.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:28 AM
bizzz*

Quote:
Some of his words were posted here. 800+ comments:
http://www.sports.ru/hockey/145635427.html
I think all what Višňovský said is truth.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:28 AM
cska78

Quote:
Everything. We have had freedom since 1990. That we don't know how to deal with it, is a different matter. At least now we have only ourselves to blame. The KHL is the first thing that might make Russia at least a little bit popular or interesting in Slovakia again after 23 years, so let's not spoil that by arguing over referees.
your first statement is not true, your economy and freedoms are in the hands of EU parliament, not much has changed, just the cover page, but it's an offtop, let's drop this before it gets out of hand.

As for KHL - Slovan always can go back to SLV league, doors are open, if they believe to be treated unfairly.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:32 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
truth or not, you can tell that to your grandma while consuming her home-cooked knedliks, not in a public interview; therefore, a fine. Don't like playing here, gtfo.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:33 AM
kajoo

Lubo should stop talking rubbish, I'm slowly getting tired of this whole--world-is-against-us mindset.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Faterson

Quote:
But you're not Russian, right? By the way, that Russian translation of Višňovský's words is rather "free" and imprecise, whole sentences are left out, so it's more a paraphrase than a translation... but I'm afraid a proper translation wouldn't sound less harsh.

PS: Don't worry, cska78, I never argue with people unable to see the difference between living in a free society and in a totalitarian regime -- it's just a waste of time, and definitely off-topic here.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:37 AM
cska78

Quote:
But you're not Russian, right? By the way, that Russian translation of Višňovský's words is rather "free" and imprecise, whole sentences are left out, so it's more a paraphrase than a translation... but I'm afraid a proper translation wouldn't sound less harsh.

PS: Don't worry, cska78, I never argue with people unable to see the difference between living in a free society and in a totalitarian regime -- it's just a waste of time, and definitely off-topic here.
you are right, let the delusional be deluded

Old
12-24-2012, 10:40 AM
od71

Quote:
What did he expect? I think he is not surprised.
Had he said the same things in the NHL he would have been fined too.
And he knows that.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:41 AM
ebis

Quote:
http://sportky.topky.sk/c/99767/visn...ribrzdit-zapas

I'd appreciate a proper translation too as I wasn't pleased at all by the russian version of it.
I think the fine was for these two answers:

Quote:
-You talk to the refs often, what language do you use?
English. Thank god I can't speak Russian because it's just swearwords. A player tries hard and then they make stupid calls and ruin the match and it hurts. I just tell them something ugly and go back. They can't speak English so I can shout whatever I want at them. Then they just come to me and say "Lubo this and that" in Russian. You can't really communicate with them because I think they have orders on what to do anyway. They know well how to slow down the match when something goes wrong.

-Wouldn't an A on your jersey help you?
It doesn't matter if I have A, B or C there. They don't care. They are Russians, they have no rules in their country or hockey.
On the other hand, Topky is a below-Daily-Mail-level tabloid, I wouldn't be surprised if they twisted his words somehow.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:43 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
it is his duty, it is written in KHL rules and his contract with Slovan.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:47 AM
od71

Quote:

I wonder how people are different. Jagr was not happy about 1968 too and he said it directly (and I understand him), but at the same time he said that Russia now is a different not communist country and he is glad to play in Omsk.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Nothing of it is the truth. You are just blinded. I'm Ok with ppl having opinions, but there also always a proper way to put it. Visnovsky's way was disrespectfull at the very least. Athletes are ambassadors of their nations, especially when speaking to the press. Visnovsky just did a good job at feeding prejudices and hatred between our nations. Well done! I mean he will not affect my opinion about Slovakia or slovaks, but there are a lot more ppl who will react very differently.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:51 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
no, he spoke in slovak to journalist who knows perfect slovak and russian (native). Acc.to my info

Old
12-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Imagine a Russian coming to Germany for a job, trashing the country, saying that all Germans are nazi and telling them to learn Russian so they would explain His Majesty what they shouldn't explain.
Right, this would never happen. History or not, some people have respect and some don't. I won't be surprised if the refs will now read Visnovsky's replic about swearwords and give him a misconduct every time he says anything

Quote:
Athletes are ambassadors of their nations, especially when speaking to the press.
This. "O sport, you're peace".

Old
12-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
I think the fine was for these two answers: [...]
That English translation is not precise either, especially not the final sentence. I would translate the final answer as follows:

Quote:
I guess it doesn't matter -- they don't look at my jersey if I have an A, B, or C there. They don't care. They're Russians -- they have rules neither in ordinary government, nor in hockey, so I'm not even thinking about the jersey letter.
Like ebis says, because the interview appeared in a tabloid newspaper, even the Slovak version may not be 100% reliable.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
I think the fine was for these two answers:

On the other hand, Topky is a below-Daily-Mail-level tabloid, I wouldn't be surprised if they twisted his words somehow.
Well, this pretty much matches the russian translation, so I think that were his words.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:03 AM
bizzz*

Quote:

I'm Belarusian and 10 years of my life I spent in the USSR, then 10 years in the country that is ruled by the last dictator of Europe and another 10 years in the US. I can write a book about the difference between free society and totalitrism. What Višňovský said is how a lot of people even in Russia feel about their country and hockey, just read the comments.

Closed Thread