HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-24-2012, 11:04 AM
  #726
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 500
7400 euro fine for Visnovsky is a joke. It should be more like pack your bags and gtfo. I'm sick of this money ******. If you don't like it here, do not play here.

ult is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:04 AM
  #727
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
http://sportky.topky.sk/c/99767/visn...ribrzdit-zapas

I'd appreciate a proper translation too as I wasn't pleased at all by the russian version of it. If he said what they translated then he got away with a small fine for my taste. I've also never seen a thread explode that way with comments on the russian forum since the WC. He certainly has lost a bunch of fans in Russia now. The KHL basically only fined him for his comments about the refs, but the part about russians wasn't pretty either.
What he said ?

ficohok* is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:08 AM
  #728
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair
 
Acallabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kemerovo, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,038
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
I'm Belarusian and 10 years of my life I spent in the USSR, then 10 years in the country that is ruled by the last dictator of Europe and another 10 years in the US. I can write a book about the difference between free society and totalitrism. What Višňovský said is how a lot of people even in Russia feel about their country and hockey, just read the comments.
At least we don't have kids shooting 30 people at school.
You know, any man can say anything about any country. Just knowing it is enough, spitting it around leads nowhere.

Acallabeth is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:09 AM
  #729
bizzz
Registered User
 
bizzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,044
vCash: 500
Those "GTF out of here" comments are funny cause he's playing in the international league for his homecountry team. He has to get out of Bratislava because of the harsh comment about Russia. Yeah, right.

bizzz is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:11 AM
  #730
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Those "GTF out of here" comments are funny cause he's playing in the international league for his homecountry team. He has to get out of Bratislava because of the harsh comment about Russia. Yeah, right.
Last time I checked they had their own league in Slovakia. And Slovan even have a farm team there as well.

ult is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:14 AM
  #731
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Those "GTF out of here" comments are funny cause he's playing in the international league for his homecountry team. He has to get out of Bratislava because of the harsh comment about Russia. Yeah, right.
Right, pretty funny comment by the always-irate ult. I didn't get the part about "money ******" either -- Višňovský is being paid by his club (Slovan), not the KHL. And Slovan probably has the lowest budget in the KHL, which is why as of 24 December, Slovan still only has 2 NHL reinforcements, although we would sorely need more, having lots of injured players (including Slovan captain Šatan since early November).

Faterson is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:16 AM
  #732
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 500
Slovan was fined for not working camera behind the net, which was the reason for the delay during the game, the one Višňovský was complaining about.

http://www.championat.com/hockey/new...-videogol.html

ult is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:21 AM
  #733
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Just to clarify, ult, Višňovský does not complain about the delay in any way, in the original Slovak version of the interview. In fact, several Slovan players have commented that the delay may have helped them restore some strength for the game's final minutes. Vondrka specifically said this.

Faterson is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:25 AM
  #734
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Right, pretty funny comment by the always-irate ult. I didn't get the part about "money ******" either -- Višňovský is being paid by his club (Slovan), not the KHL. And Slovan probably has the lowest budget in the KHL, which is why as of 24 December, Slovan still only has 2 NHL reinforcements, although we would sorely need more, having lots of injured players (including Slovan captain Šatan since early November).
How cute, you even gave me a nickname. Sorry, I won't bother calling you always whining faterson, even though since your team joined KHL this is all I've been reading from you.

Even though Slovan is not as well off as other KHL teams, I'm pretty sure they're the richest team in Slovakia, and by large margin too. Now the poor guy has to endure all this horrors.

ult is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:27 AM
  #735
od71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Frankly speaking, I haven't heard about Višňovský very much before his "famous" comments. But now he is becoming a star first of all because of his media "achievements".

od71 is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:29 AM
  #736
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by od71 View Post
Frankly speaking, I haven't heard about Višňovský very much before his "famous" comments. But now he is becoming a star first of all because of his media "achievements".
that's not true, he's a very capable offensive d-man.

cska78 is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:30 AM
  #737
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
You must not be following hockey very closely, od71. Not many hockey players in the world can say, "I was the NHL's highest-scoring defenceman this season." (A couple of years ago with Anaheim.)

Faterson is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:34 AM
  #738
od71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
that's not true, he's a very capable offensive d-man.
I know it. But there are a lot of other more capable d-men in the NHL.
I don't even remember his NHL team.

od71 is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:37 AM
  #739
od71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
You must not be following hockey very closely, od71. Not many hockey players in the world can say, "I was the NHL's highest-scoring defenceman this season." (A couple of years ago with Anaheim.)
Sorry, I forgot it. Somehow I didn't pay him attention very much. But now I certainly will. Now he is a star.

od71 is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:41 AM
  #740
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Višňovský has been rather unlucky in his NHL career. He's the direct opposite of Dustin Penner. Both the LA Kings and Anaheim Ducks have won the Stanley Cup, but Višňovský happened to be playing for the other South-Californian team when that occurred, both times. With Dustin Penner, it's exactly the opposite -- he managed to win both Stanley Cups by getting transferred at the right time. Višňovský and Penner even share the Edmonton Oilers as their "transition" team.

Hockey can be unfair sometimes.

Faterson is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:41 AM
  #741
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by od71 View Post
I know it. But there are a lot of other more capable d-men in the NHL.
Honestly, I don't think there are that many.

Ryker is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:45 AM
  #742
Tatanik
Registered User
 
Tatanik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
At least we don't have kids shooting 30 people at school.
You know, any man can say anything about any country. Just knowing it is enough, spitting it around leads nowhere.
Yeah, but there are guys like this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7059939.stm

Just saying. Visnovsky's fine is actually pretty light IMO. Could have easily got more. And that's really bad that the goal camera wasn't working. If they only had the video that was on the KHL highlights video then I'm amazed that they gave that goal. You really can't tell it at all, and the fact that the original call on the ice was no goal, I'm incredibly surprised.

Tatanik is online now  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:51 AM
  #743
od71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Višňovský has been rather unlucky in his NHL career. He's the direct opposite of Dustin Penner. Both the LA Kings and Anaheim Ducks have won the Stanley Cup, but Višňovský happened to be playing for the other South-Californian team when that occurred, both times. With Dustin Penner, it's exactly the opposite -- he managed to win both Stanley Cups by getting transferred at the right time. Višňovský and Penner even share the Edmonton Oilers as their "transition" team.

Hockey can be unfair sometimes.
I guess, Marian Hossa was unlucky the same way until he joined Chicago?

od71 is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 11:56 AM
  #744
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by od71 View Post
I guess, Marian Hossa was unlucky the same way until he joined Chicago?
Exactly... But with Višňovský now traded to the NY Islanders (he grumbled about that a lot, too), it's unlikely he'll ever win the Stanley Cup. It'll have to be the Gagarin Cup with Slovan. (Joke.)

Faterson is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 12:03 PM
  #745
od71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Exactly... But with Višňovský now traded to the NY Islanders (he grumbled about that a lot, too), it's unlikely he'll ever win the Stanley Cup. It'll have to be the Gagarin Cup with Slovan. (Joke.)
But Hossa can blame only himself for not winning the SC with Pens. I remember I was upset he didn't sign with Pittsburgh. I can imagine his frustration

od71 is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 02:02 PM
  #746
Greeningfan14
Registered User
 
Greeningfan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Višňovský has been rather unlucky in his NHL career. He's the direct opposite of Dustin Penner. Both the LA Kings and Anaheim Ducks have won the Stanley Cup, but Višňovský happened to be playing for the other South-Californian team when that occurred, both times. With Dustin Penner, it's exactly the opposite -- he managed to win both Stanley Cups by getting transferred at the right time. Višňovský and Penner even share the Edmonton Oilers as their "transition" team.

Hockey can be unfair sometimes.
Thats just bad luck. Poor Lubo

Greeningfan14 is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 04:33 PM
  #747
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
money issues keep decimating kuznya - Slepyshev is rumored to be leaving for Salavat.

cska78 is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 04:39 PM
  #748
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
money issues keep decimating kuznya - Slepyshev is rumored to be leaving for Salavat.
Sport Express - not reliable source. We will see what happens until 15.1.2013

vorky is online now  
Old
12-24-2012, 04:43 PM
  #749
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,290
vCash: 500
similar cases as Visnovsky from NHL

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405840
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=363838
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2225330
etc

vorky is online now  
Old
12-24-2012, 05:27 PM
  #750
Tatanik
Registered User
 
Tatanik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Sport Express - not reliable source. We will see what happens until 15.1.2013
Seriously, what are reliable sources in your opinion, as you just seem to say everything is unreliable?

Tatanik is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.