HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2012, 11:04 AM
ult

vCash: 500
7400 euro fine for Visnovsky is a joke. It should be more like pack your bags and gtfo. I'm sick of this money ******. If you don't like it here, do not play here.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:04 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
http://sportky.topky.sk/c/99767/visn...ribrzdit-zapas

I'd appreciate a proper translation too as I wasn't pleased at all by the russian version of it. If he said what they translated then he got away with a small fine for my taste. I've also never seen a thread explode that way with comments on the russian forum since the WC. He certainly has lost a bunch of fans in Russia now. The KHL basically only fined him for his comments about the refs, but the part about russians wasn't pretty either.
What he said ?

Old
12-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
I'm Belarusian and 10 years of my life I spent in the USSR, then 10 years in the country that is ruled by the last dictator of Europe and another 10 years in the US. I can write a book about the difference between free society and totalitrism. What Višňovský said is how a lot of people even in Russia feel about their country and hockey, just read the comments.
At least we don't have kids shooting 30 people at school.
You know, any man can say anything about any country. Just knowing it is enough, spitting it around leads nowhere.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:09 AM
bizzz

Those "GTF out of here" comments are funny cause he's playing in the international league for his homecountry team. He has to get out of Bratislava because of the harsh comment about Russia. Yeah, right.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:11 AM
ult

Quote:
Those "GTF out of here" comments are funny cause he's playing in the international league for his homecountry team. He has to get out of Bratislava because of the harsh comment about Russia. Yeah, right.
Last time I checked they had their own league in Slovakia. And Slovan even have a farm team there as well.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Right, pretty funny comment by the always-irate ult. I didn't get the part about "money ******" either -- Višňovský is being paid by his club (Slovan), not the KHL. And Slovan probably has the lowest budget in the KHL, which is why as of 24 December, Slovan still only has 2 NHL reinforcements, although we would sorely need more, having lots of injured players (including Slovan captain Šatan since early November).

Old
12-24-2012, 11:16 AM
ult

Slovan was fined for not working camera behind the net, which was the reason for the delay during the game, the one Višňovský was complaining about.

http://www.championat.com/hockey/new...-videogol.html

Old
12-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Faterson

Just to clarify, ult, Višňovský does not complain about the delay in any way, in the original Slovak version of the interview. In fact, several Slovan players have commented that the delay may have helped them restore some strength for the game's final minutes. Vondrka specifically said this.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:25 AM
ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Right, pretty funny comment by the always-irate ult. I didn't get the part about "money ******" either -- Višňovský is being paid by his club (Slovan), not the KHL. And Slovan probably has the lowest budget in the KHL, which is why as of 24 December, Slovan still only has 2 NHL reinforcements, although we would sorely need more, having lots of injured players (including Slovan captain Šatan since early November).
How cute, you even gave me a nickname. Sorry, I won't bother calling you always whining faterson, even though since your team joined KHL this is all I've been reading from you.

Even though Slovan is not as well off as other KHL teams, I'm pretty sure they're the richest team in Slovakia, and by large margin too. Now the poor guy has to endure all this horrors.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:27 AM
od71

Frankly speaking, I haven't heard about Višňovský very much before his "famous" comments. But now he is becoming a star first of all because of his media "achievements".

Old
12-24-2012, 11:29 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by od71 View Post
Frankly speaking, I haven't heard about Višňovský very much before his "famous" comments. But now he is becoming a star first of all because of his media "achievements".
that's not true, he's a very capable offensive d-man.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Faterson

You must not be following hockey very closely, od71. Not many hockey players in the world can say, "I was the NHL's highest-scoring defenceman this season." (A couple of years ago with Anaheim.)

Old
12-24-2012, 11:34 AM
od71

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
that's not true, he's a very capable offensive d-man.
I know it. But there are a lot of other more capable d-men in the NHL.
I don't even remember his NHL team.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:37 AM
od71

Quote:
You must not be following hockey very closely, od71. Not many hockey players in the world can say, "I was the NHL's highest-scoring defenceman this season." (A couple of years ago with Anaheim.)
Sorry, I forgot it. Somehow I didn't pay him attention very much. But now I certainly will. Now he is a star.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Faterson

Višňovský has been rather unlucky in his NHL career. He's the direct opposite of Dustin Penner. Both the LA Kings and Anaheim Ducks have won the Stanley Cup, but Višňovský happened to be playing for the other South-Californian team when that occurred, both times. With Dustin Penner, it's exactly the opposite -- he managed to win both Stanley Cups by getting transferred at the right time. Višňovský and Penner even share the Edmonton Oilers as their "transition" team.

Hockey can be unfair sometimes.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Ryker

Quote:
I know it. But there are a lot of other more capable d-men in the NHL.
Honestly, I don't think there are that many.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
At least we don't have kids shooting 30 people at school.
You know, any man can say anything about any country. Just knowing it is enough, spitting it around leads nowhere.
Yeah, but there are guys like this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7059939.stm

Just saying. Visnovsky's fine is actually pretty light IMO. Could have easily got more. And that's really bad that the goal camera wasn't working. If they only had the video that was on the KHL highlights video then I'm amazed that they gave that goal. You really can't tell it at all, and the fact that the original call on the ice was no goal, I'm incredibly surprised.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:51 AM
od71

Quote:
Višňovský has been rather unlucky in his NHL career. He's the direct opposite of Dustin Penner. Both the LA Kings and Anaheim Ducks have won the Stanley Cup, but Višňovský happened to be playing for the other South-Californian team when that occurred, both times. With Dustin Penner, it's exactly the opposite -- he managed to win both Stanley Cups by getting transferred at the right time. Višňovský and Penner even share the Edmonton Oilers as their "transition" team.

I guess, Marian Hossa was unlucky the same way until he joined Chicago?

Old
12-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Faterson

Quote:
I guess, Marian Hossa was unlucky the same way until he joined Chicago?
Exactly... But with Višňovský now traded to the NY Islanders (he grumbled about that a lot, too), it's unlikely he'll ever win the Stanley Cup. It'll have to be the Gagarin Cup with Slovan. (Joke.)

Old
12-24-2012, 12:03 PM
od71

Quote:
Exactly... But with Višňovský now traded to the NY Islanders (he grumbled about that a lot, too), it's unlikely he'll ever win the Stanley Cup. It'll have to be the Gagarin Cup with Slovan. (Joke.)
But Hossa can blame only himself for not winning the SC with Pens. I remember I was upset he didn't sign with Pittsburgh. I can imagine his frustration

Old
12-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Greeningfan14

Quote:

Thats just bad luck. Poor Lubo

Old
12-24-2012, 04:33 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
money issues keep decimating kuznya - Slepyshev is rumored to be leaving for Salavat.

Old
12-24-2012, 04:39 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
money issues keep decimating kuznya - Slepyshev is rumored to be leaving for Salavat.
Sport Express - not reliable source. We will see what happens until 15.1.2013

Old
12-24-2012, 04:43 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

similar cases as Visnovsky from NHL

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405840
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=363838
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2225330
etc

Old
12-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Sport Express - not reliable source. We will see what happens until 15.1.2013
Seriously, what are reliable sources in your opinion, as you just seem to say everything is unreliable?

Closed Thread