HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Man of Steel

Old
12-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Jonathan Schneider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theotis77 View Post
AKA Bo Duke from the Dukes of Hazard.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:39 PM
BlackStar

The trailer has received nearly 9 million views already on YouTube. The trailer just came out yesterday!

In comparison, Star Trek Into The Darkness( a sequel to a very well received and profitable film) has nearly 10 million views on YouTube after 6 days.

Judging by the overwhelmingly positive reviews and popularity of the trailer, I think that Warner Bros, Snyder, Nolan, and the rest of the team should be very happy with the results.

Superman is still the most popular superhero in the world, Nolan has a massive fanbase, and Snyder has a large fanbase too(though nowhere nea as big as Nolan's), if the film receives even a respectable amount of solid reviews, this film will make a billion dollars at the box-office. If so, it would be the first non-sequel comic-book film to achieve that.

What do you guys think? Will it make a billion dollars at the box-office?

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 11:28 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

This movie looks pretty damn good.

LiquidSnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 05:14 PM
End of Line
Human After All

I was blown away from that trailer, amazing work.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 04:50 PM
xX Hot Fuss

I actually like the Gladiator-esque music in the trailer. Since its in a foreign language, (atleast to North Americans and the UK) it makes it seem like Superman is really from very different place than what we know.

It also looks like its going to be filmed extremely well. Looking forward to seeing it.

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I actually like the Gladiator-esque music in the trailer. Since its in a foreign language, (atleast to North Americans and the UK) it makes it seem like Superman is really from very different place than what we know.

It also looks like its going to be filmed extremely well. Looking forward to seeing it.
It's not a language, it's Liza Gerrard mumbling what she calls her "own language".

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 03:54 AM
DuckJet
Road Rash

vCash: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post

Well it's Zach Snyder directing so we know that it's going to LOOK good, and we can expect some really great action set pieces, but we're gonna get our share of cheesy moments as well.

It really does look epic though you can almost feel Nolan's involvement in the project just by watching the trailer.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 07:16 PM
BlackStar

Looking forward to watching The Hobbit in a few days mostly because I want to watch this trailer on a massive screen.

Old
12-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
I was blown away from that trailer, amazing work.
This.

Can't wait!!!

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 09:54 PM
JS19
Four Kicks

Just a little tidbit that I found interesting, especially considering the TDK trilogy: Batman The Animated Series was so successful that WB decided to animate Superman. Thus resulting in the creation of Superman TAS, another successful animated series IMO.

Hopefully Nolan's TDK passes on the Midas Touch to Man of Steel series

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 01:12 AM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Just a little tidbit that I found interesting, especially considering the TDK trilogy: Batman The Animated Series was so successful that WB decided to animate Superman. Thus resulting in the creation of Superman TAS, another successful animated series IMO.

Hopefully Nolan's TDK passes on the Midas Touch to Man of Steel series
Superman TAS also led to the successful Justice League animated series...

Old
12-23-2012, 01:25 AM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Yeah that trailer was breathtaking.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 02:41 AM
Walkingthroughforest
Johnny be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
I'm not impressed with the trailer. Looks too sentimental. I wish Nolan was not involved with this.
What a weird thing to say.

Walkingthroughforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 10:22 AM
theotis77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingthroughforest View Post
What a weird thing to say.
It's not, if you know the poster. Takeo is the HFBoards' ultimate hipster. If it's popular, or bound to be popular, he hates it immediately.

theotis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
It's not, if you know the poster. Takeo is the HFBoards' ultimate hipster. If it's popular, or bound to be popular, he hates it immediately.
Well it's not like he's the only one...

Old
12-24-2012, 05:37 AM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 2050
If Marvel could make one good film like ever, then I could perhaps take their fanboys seriously.

Epictetus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
If Marvel could make one good film like ever, then I could perhaps take their fanboys seriously.
I watched Thor recently. What a piece of crap of a movie.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:26 AM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Let's not turn this into Marvel vs Dc.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 12:09 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I liked Thor....and I'm a DC/Batman fanboy

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
What, you don't what to hear the truth about HFBoards hipsters (which I was talking about)?

Old
12-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
I liked Thor....and I'm a DC/Batman fanboy
OT: Thor was by no means perfect but it was a decent start to a franchise. Youtube has the deleted scenes and there's one scene from the beginning of the movie that I would have kept in some form (introduces the Warriors Three) that would have improved the movie.

Old
12-24-2012, 07:13 PM
BlackStar

I'm a dc fanboy but Thor is one of my favorite marvel characters, however,the film was awful! I was very disappointed, I hope/think the second will be better.

Old
12-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Anything Nolan touches is usually good. Man of Steel should be very good.
Snyder counters that pretty easily, IMO.
Quote:
He even does that to things that ARE obscure/unpopular (moreso than anyone else on these boards), though, so he's definitely no hipster. He just seems to hate many many things. (I agree with him about this one comment he made though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
What, you don't what to hear the truth about HFBoards hipsters (which I was talking about)?
The term hipster gets misthrown like crazy. The people who don't like this kind of thing have a genuine reason for it. Call them out for being smug ***holes who think their opinion is better than others or go out of their way to scream their opinions louder the more it's disagreed with (I'm usually guilty of that second one), I can understand that, but you're being completely unreasonable to go any further than that to imply that they're actually being dishonest about their thoughts, though, IMO. It's just so easy and dismissive to call everyone whose sensibilities trend in the opposite direction of what you understand/care for a "hipster".

To me, it feels like you might just be getting pre-emptively hostile/defensive because you've already decided that these people are going to be hostile towards you (like they have in the past) for standing on the side that you do and you want to do the same thing back.

I don't believe for a second that the "real-genuine scarf-wearing, fashion-conscious hipsters who falsely pretend to like trendy things" that probably deserve the label (and in my opinion, are the only group of people who would bother to fake it) are the ones going into hockey forums and making these comments anyways. Do you? I mean, wouldn't something like HFBoards be something that those people would avoid?

The reason you're upset about this and want to knock these guys down a few notches is probably the exact same reason that they ever do the same to you for liking what you like (and annoying you in the first place).

Last edited by Shareefruck: 12-24-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
To me, it feels like you might just be getting pre-emptively hostile/defensive because you've already decided that these people are going to be hostile towards you (like they have in the past) for standing on the side that you do and you want to do the same thing back.
No, you're way of track. Like I said, I was referring to the general HFBoards cool kids crowd attitude of "popular=sucks, not popular=good". Hipsters is indeed not a right word to describe them, I'll just call them hatesters.

Last edited by Jussi: 12-24-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old
12-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
No, you're way of the track. Like I said, I was referring to the general HFBoards cool kids crowd attitude of "popular=sucks, not popular=good". Hipsters is indeed not a rigth word to describe them, I'll just call them hatesters.
That's a bit more fair, but my main opposition is just whether or not you're saying that they're being genuine about it. If you're saying that they do it just to be cool rather than because they actually prefer it, I think you're way off about that and it's rather dismissive. You're not giving people enough credit if you actually believe that many of us pretend to like something against our will because of some hidden agenda.

I think commercially popular things generally (with exceptions that are acknowledged, like say Radiohead, who are as popular as anyone but for whatever reason doesn't seem to count) have certain qualities to them that a certain group of people have a genuine distaste for, that others like yourself don't. (and also, like I described earlier, combine that with the want/need to be extra vocal about things when you disagree with someone, which I think is human nature).

Again, I understand the complaint if you feel that these guys stroke their own egos too much, but I don't question their motive behind it at all. It has nothing to do with wanting to be cool or following trends. If anything it might have more to do with THINKING that they're opinion is cool/superior BECAUSE they think it's better from their perspective.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 12-24-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote