HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

John Stevens Named Assistant Coach

Old
06-05-2006, 04:59 PM
jmtznr0th

vCash: 500
John Stevens Named Assistant Coach

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/2631.asp

I think this is a great move by the organization

jmtznr0th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 05:05 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Well, a lot of these young kids will be comfortable with him. There are quite a few players who have already played for him

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Lupul*

Lots of personnel moves lately.

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
I like this move. It looks like we're adding a lot of fresh younger faces to the Phantoms this season and a good new coach will help in getting everyone on the same page at the same time. Stevens' presence should help alot of the young guys' transitions into the NHL alot easier, hopefully.

On a sidenote, the logo on those Phantoms jerseys from that photo look pretty sweet and I would definitely be on board if the Flyers replaced their existing 3rd with something like that.

Blindside9711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 08:05 PM
DXFlyers

Fantastic move. As a season ticket holder for the Phantoms, he will be missed badly with the Phantoms. I dont know if Kjell or Berube (the Chief) is ready for the head coaching job with the Phantoms. I am very happy for John. Stevens will help Richards, Carter and the rest of the young guns tremendously.

DXFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 08:17 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I'm very pleased with this move. This should help in terms of developing the young players. Hitch can allow Stevens to work with the young players in terms of coming to grips with the systems being used and Hitch can focus on the veterans, where he does his best work. This could be a really good thing and I'm expecting even bigger things from our youngsters now. I also think that this will take a big burden off Hitch in terms of developing the youngsters. He can leave all that to Stevens. Murray remains in charge of the D and becomes the new Special Teams coach. I'm actually kind of giddy about this.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 08:51 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXFlyers
Fantastic move. As a season ticket holder for the Phantoms, he will be missed badly with the Phantoms. I dont know if Kjell or Berube (the Chief) is ready for the head coaching job with the Phantoms. I am very happy for John. Stevens will help Richards, Carter and the rest of the young guns tremendously.

This year's Phantoms team was almost totally wiped out from what it was in 2004. There are only a few guys still around, so the time was right to make this move.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Change makes me uneasy. If next year goes really well for the Phantoms and Flyers I'll be much more comfortable with the turnover.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 10:08 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 920
Did anyone notice in a late season OLN broadcast involving the Flyers when Wayne Fleming chastised the ice-level reporter? He said something like "Get the bleep out of the way." The reporter was adjacent to the bench as the coaches filed on seconds before the faceoff.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote