HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver - Montreal

Old
12-24-2012, 09:58 AM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 591
Vancouver - Montreal

A deal surrounding Hamhuis and Plekanec. I don't want to trade Plekanec, but if the Habs want to trade him, they'll do it this year, while his value is still up there. Habs need a top 6 lw and a top pairing D. Losing Plekanec would be huge, but he's the only movable player that could fetch us one of our needs. With that said, I still expect Montreal to add to make it a fair deal. I don't know how Vancouver would feel about this deal, but I think they do it only if they can sign Edler. I know Hamhuis is their #1 and Plek fills a need at #3 C, but we all know Kesler is relativly fragile so Plek can take on the hard defensive duties and lets say Henrik & Ryan get hurt, they still have a #1 C in Plekanec who's able to play any unit. His contract is high for a #3 C on their roster, but I think you guys can take it. Vancouver fans let me know how much the Habs add. Habs fan let me know if you'd do it if the management had to trade him.

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

vCash: 500
Hamhuis is more valuable to us right now than Plekanec. It would be like asking for Seabrook from Chicago, and they actually need a 2C. Hamhuis is far more important to us than virtually any player playing on our third line, even though valuewise they are probably close.

So a polite "No thank you", especially as Hamhuis signed a hometown discount to stay here. I think he's our most untouchable player after the Sedins.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
A deal surrounding Hamhuis and Plekanec. I don't want to trade Plekanec, but if the Habs want to trade him, they'll do it this year, while his value is still up there. Habs need a top 6 lw and a top pairing D. Losing Plekanec would be huge, but he's the only movable player that could fetch us one of our needs. With that said, I still expect Montreal to add to make it a fair deal. I don't know how Vancouver would feel about this deal, but I think they do it only if they can sign Edler. I know Hamhuis is their #1 and Plek fills a need at #3 C, but we all know Kesler is relativly fragile so Plek can take on the hard defensive duties and lets say Henrik & Ryan get hurt, they still have a #1 C in Plekanec who's able to play any unit. His contract is high for a #3 C on their roster, but I think you guys can take it. Vancouver fans let me know how much the Habs add. Habs fan let me know if you'd do it if the management had to trade him.
No way in hell does VCR touch that deal, Hamhuis is their best dman. I know some people will spout about Edler, Hamhuis is the man on that D, and he is signed all cheap and whatnot.

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Benny FTW
C===Benny

This makes zero sense for Vancouver.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Hamhuis is pretty much untouchable.

Booth, Ballard, picks and prospects though should all be on the table for Plekanec. I seem to recall Gillis was after Plekanec a couple years ago...

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
So you are acknowledging that Hamhuis is very important to Vancouver's d-core, yet you want us to trade him to fill our need for a 3rd line center?

I'm sure there are much easier ways to fill that need, maybe by trading a goalie.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:28 AM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

Ballard + Raymond?

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

No way VAN trades Hamhuis.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:00 AM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Hamhuis is pretty much untouchable.

Booth, Ballard, picks and prospects though should all be on the table for Plekanec. I seem to recall Gillis was after Plekanec a couple years ago...
What spec and picks would you offer? I don't think MTL has any interest in a concussion prone winger and overpaid defenseman

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:04 AM
pcamp

Hamhuis is the type of defenseman Montreal would like to have next to Subban and Plekanec would be the piece we could trade for him but I don't see Vancouver having enough interest to make a deal.

pcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

I'm also going to point out the obvious.
Hamhuis has a NTC, and signed in Vancouver (for less money than he was being offered from Philadelphia/Pittsburgh) because he wanted to play close to home.

I really doubt he would waive his NTC to play on a non-playoff team.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:49 AM
deckercky

I say Vancouver does it if Montreal negotiates on Vancouver's behalf to get Nashville to trade Weber for Kesler straight up, and they'd obviously have to negotiate with the rest of the board of governors to remove the restriction on trading newly signed matched offer-sheets.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:56 AM
palindrom

As a fan of both team, i really dont see how Vancouver could be remotely interested in this.

It just dont work.

Montreal could trade Plekanec at the deadline if we are out of the playoff, for pick and prospect.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:57 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
I say Vancouver does it if Montreal negotiates on Vancouver's behalf to get Nashville to trade Weber for Kesler straight up, and they'd obviously have to negotiate with the rest of the board of governors to remove the restriction on trading newly signed matched offer-sheets.
good suggestion, we will work on it

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 12:10 PM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
And as long as we're dreaming, I'd like a new Lamborghini.

----------------------------------------

Hell no to the OP.

Whether or not Hamhuis or Edler is the Canucks' #1 dman is very debatable, but Hamhuis is far too valuable to the team to let go. Plekanec doesn't come close to bridging the gap, and if we're going to worry about shoring up the C position we're sure as hell not losing Hamhuis to do it.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 12:24 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
Ballard + Raymond?
For Pleks? No way from Montreal. Ballard is a bottom pairing defenseman and Raymond is a 3rd liner. Plekanec is a very good 2nd line center that plays pk and pp.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 12:32 PM
MISC*
Negged.

Kassian
2nd

for

Plekanec

He would be an amazing 2nd 3rd C.

It would make Vancouver sooo much more dangerous. Pleks is very under rated.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Kassian
2nd

for

Plekanec

He would be an amazing 2nd 3rd C.

It would make Vancouver sooo much more dangerous. Pleks is very under rated.
Plekanec is very good, but he would be utilized as a #3C. We can't trade our best prospect for that, it just doesn't correspond with Gillis' direction. He wants to get younger and bigger, Kassian is a direct representation of that. Unless we're trading Kassian as part of a package for an elite RW we'll likely keep him.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Ballard for Bourque.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 01:33 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
For Pleks? No way from Montreal. Ballard is a bottom pairing defenseman and Raymond is a 3rd liner. Plekanec is a very good 2nd line center that plays pk and pp.
+ Ballard is overpaid. We've got enough of that on the Montreal roster.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Hugo Sham

deal doesn't make sense for either team...and in the words of many who trash hab fans proposals: keep your underachievers..we don't want or need booth, kassian, raymond etc..
not for plekanecs. never. Gauthier isn't gm anymore

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 02:20 PM
glenbuis

Imagine ballard and raymond for plekanec. It's a good thing were not allowed to insult on this site. And where did Hamhuis all of a sudden get all of this valu. Just because he may be the #1 d in van, suddenly he's worth more than plekanec. I think it is more of a testament that Vancouver's d is their definite weakness. How many teams in the nhl would Hamhuis be the #1 on ? Seriously.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Imagine ballard and raymond for plekanec. It's a good thing were not allowed to insult on this site. And where did Hamhuis all of a sudden get all of this valu. Just because he may be the #1 d in van, suddenly he's worth more than plekanec. I think it is more of a testament that Vancouver's d is their definite weakness. How many teams in the nhl would Hamhuis be the #1 on ? Seriously.
Someone here hasn't seen Hamhuis play in the last two years.

Old
12-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

With Sedin and Kesler where does Pleks fit for the Canucks? Just doesn't make sense for them and I don't think the Habs can afford to move him as we'll right now

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 02:34 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

I seriously doubt Hamhuis is available when Edler is a pending UFA.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote