HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Grabbers

vCash: 500
Nepean Defence - my two cents worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
I'll make a guess and say myself and C2C have seen Nepean play more than anyone on this board (grabbers as well obviously).

I agree on Diaz.

1. Lorica
2. Beauvais
3. Diaz (when healthy)
4. Milito
5. Scott
6.Tromblay
7. Sharples

Yarwood should be a forward as C2C suggested ... but when Norris and Hodgson return he may prove more valuable as a 4/5/6 dman. IMO. Not a true D-man but an improvement on our bottom end guys this year.

Having stated the above - I actually like our D and am not as down on them as several others (ex. CP and PLK supporters on the Boards). I will like them a whole lot better when our entire team is taking to the ice and PG gets buy-in on team D (say versus thinking of points and thinking of yourself first)!

Finally, I would feel more comforable with a top four D strengthening but Baslyk is not the guy - again IMO. I don't think PG is done in this regard - lots of time yet to January 10.

Big weekend ahead.

Go Raiders Go!

Old
12-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Grabbers

Late Moves....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
.....Nepean can't wait on Diaz any longer, I would try and get Quinmet & Bayless from Gloucester, they should come cheap. The reality is, they would probably be #3 & #4 in Nepean. Nepean just needs them to play simple.

With the Braves overtime win tonight against the Colts, they are pulling away from the Hawks for the final playoof spot. If this continues then Antonelli, Bussey and even Varrin (again) could be on the move. Not much there in the "House of Pain" in the way of D (i.e. Anderson obviously isn't going anywhere) unfortunately.

If teams are looking for a D upgrade - they will have to look outside our loop. Some organizations are better at this than others and have a leg up in that regard.

PG could look to his former club or the OJHL and pry someone away that could help for the stretch run. Similarly JC and IM could look stateside where they have had past success.

This years parity means everyone thinks they have a chance - so not much happening within the loop I suspect. Should be a fun first couple weeks of January.

Enjoy the weekend and the break everyone.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:43 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post

1. Lorica
2. Beauvais
3. Diaz (when healthy)
4. Milito
5. Scott
6.Tromblay
7. Sharples

Yarwood should be a forward as C2C suggested ... but when Norris and Hodgson return he may prove more valuable as a 4/5/6 dman. IMO. Not a true D-man but an improvement on our bottom end guys this year.

Having stated the above - I actually like our D and am not as down on them as several others (ex. CP and PLK supporters on the Boards). I will like them a whole lot better when our entire team is taking to the ice and PG gets buy-in on team D (say versus thinking of points and thinking of yourself first)!

Finally, I would feel more comforable with a top four D strengthening but Baslyk is not the guy - again IMO. I don't think PG is done in this regard - lots of time yet to January 10.

Big weekend ahead.

Go Raiders Go!
I pretty much agree with that assessment, Grabbers. I also think it is a better group than it is as indivuduals.

Of course, Vered plays as a top 4 on this team, and I have no problem with that.

Old
12-21-2012, 02:26 AM
Macker9

What players do you see being moved at the deadline? Which team do you think will scoop up Rivers and Durocher? I can also see Clitsome and House being moved as well.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:10 AM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
I pretty much agree with that assessment, Grabbers. I also think it is a better group than it is as indivuduals.

Of course, Vered plays as a top 4 on this team, and I have no problem with that.
I forgot all about Vered, I should really stop doing things off the top of my head, the memory does'nt seem to be what it use to be. Ya Vered somewhere around the # 4 slot.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:

1. Lorica
2. Beauvais
3. Diaz (when healthy)
4. Milito
5. Scott
6.Tromblay
7. Sharples

Big weekend ahead.

Go Raiders Go!
Insert Vered in there but I still do not see a legitimate top pairing for a Championship calibre team. My thoughts there is no clear #1, Llorca could be a #2, Diaz is a 3/4, Beauvais/Vered are the 5/6 guys. IMO they are missing a #1 and a #3/4.

Old
12-21-2012, 10:16 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
Insert Vered in there but I still do not see a legitimate top pairing for a Championship calibre team. My thoughts there is no clear #1, Llorca could be a #2, Diaz is a 3/4, Beauvais/Vered are the 5/6 guys. IMO they are missing a #1 and a #3/4.
We shall see, I guess.

Old
12-22-2012, 03:41 PM
clear the track

Krush Cancer

Former Gloucester Ranger Chris Kushneryk is fighting Testicular Cancer. A Charity Game on his behalf will be held Thursday Jan 27th, 8 pm at the Minto arena. It will consist of local NHL, NCAA, CIS ( Ottawa and Carleton) and CCHL Players. Come and attend a worthwhile cause and help Chris in his battle against Cancer.

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/lo...r-charity-game

Old
12-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Grabbers

CP vs. Nepean at Showcase...

Quote:
We shall see, I guess.
CP wins in a shootout - full marks to both teams. This was an excellent game. We (Nepean) had Milito and Hodgson back in the line-up but are still missing Norris. Mulder played well between the pipes - made an excellent save late to force the shootout. Looked like CP had everyone in with exception of rookie D-man Summers. Thought we had the win after Nasca scored with just over two minutes left but the Canadians responded.

CP played a trap defence most of the night but regardless the shots were mostly even at just over 30 per side. This did however alllow us to bring the puck out with ease. Interesting strategy. Nasca and Johnston both looked good and Llorca was solid on the backend for sure.

2-2 in regulation. There was nothing to suggest that CP's vaunted defence was any better than ours! IMO

Merry Christmas to all!!

Old
12-23-2012, 05:38 PM
overtheboards

Who's more embarressed with todays result , Brockville 3-2 shootout lost to gloucester or cumberland losing 5-4 to kemptville ?

Old
12-23-2012, 06:28 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
CP wins in a shootout - full marks to both teams. This was an excellent game. We (Nepean) had Milito and Hodgson back in the line-up but are still missing Norris. Mulder played well between the pipes - made an excellent save late to force the shootout. Looked like CP had everyone in with exception of rookie D-man Summers. Thought we had the win after Nasca scored with just over two minutes left but the Canadians responded.

CP played a trap defence most of the night but regardless the shots were mostly even at just over 30 per side. This did however alllow us to bring the puck out with ease. Interesting strategy. Nasca and Johnston both looked good and Llorca was solid on the backend for sure.

2-2 in regulation. There was nothing to suggest that CP's vaunted defence was any better than ours! IMO

Merry Christmas to all!!
CP scores tying goal on turnover from using trap.....easy to break out?

Hedges is dangerous everytime he touches the puck....almost as dangerous as Laliberte back in the day....he was best player on the ice by far....

Mulder was very sharp....really kept Raiders in the game...

Never seen CP play 3 guys in neutral zone before...interesting for sure....

Old
12-23-2012, 06:31 PM
hardfacts

Pembroke looked very good against Hawks...good sticks and very sound defensivley....Kings having a hard time scoring....if they could find the back of the net more often...they could be very dangerous....

Was a little worried after the 6-3 loss to CP.....but they bounced back and had a great weekend...

Merry xmas....

Old
12-23-2012, 06:32 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
Who's more embarressed with todays result , Brockville 3-2 shootout lost to gloucester or cumberland losing 5-4 to kemptville ?
All four teams.....as they have under achieved the first half....

Old
12-23-2012, 07:14 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:

Merry Christmas to all!!
Mulder has now played 3 games in a row (and lost all of them). What's wrong with Zawadski? I see he's still participating in the warm ups but is there a nagging injury here?

Old
12-23-2012, 07:21 PM
WhadaIknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Mulder has now played 3 games in a row (and lost all of them). What's wrong with Zawadski? I see he's still participating in the warm ups but is there a nagging injury here?
Zawadski played Friday versus Smith Falls, error on Pointstreak.

Old
12-23-2012, 08:19 PM
oldnucks

ottawas winning streak ended by hawks, interesting

Old
12-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
All four teams.....as they have under achieved the first half....
Hopefully Cumberland will not make the same mistake they made last year and not trade their top older players or players who want out

Last edited by Rangersfan21: 12-23-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old
12-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
Neither is much of an upset...not like either beat Ottawa....Brockville and Cumberland are not exactly powerhouses

Last edited by Ottawa Guy: 12-24-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old
12-24-2012, 09:05 AM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Nepean had 8 games in 15 nights, I heard PG was trying to keep Zawadski "fresh" for the all-star tourney in Wellington.( He did play Friday night against S.F.)
Nepean goes 2W-5L-1SOL= 5 points, in a tough stretch before the break. 2 losses to S.F., a loss and a SO loss to CP, loss to Pem. and a loss to OTT. You might think the sky is falling, but for some reason, I still they think they have a chance to compete against the top teams, (Ott & S.F.). They were competitive in all 5 losses. They went through that stretch without Norris etc.. They had only one game at the S-Plex in that stretch. I think they have 13 of their remaining 23 games at the S-Plex.

Impressive win for Ottawa, over S.F. Saturday night, they are the undisputed #1, IMO. Show's you how important emotion is in Hockey, after the big S.F. win they lose the next day.
Kanata caught my eye, defense was very good, when Lane is on he is great. Plouffe deserves more praise considering his age and #'s.
First time I saw CPC's Weidauer in awhile, he was very good, Smith was good, got the shootout winner.
Happy Holidays everyone

Old
12-24-2012, 10:19 AM
MacM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
Impressive win for Ottawa, over S.F. Saturday night, they are the undisputed #1, IMO. Show's you how important emotion is in Hockey, after the big S.F. win they lose the next day.

Happy Holidays everyone
I only managed to get out to the Friday games. Attendance probably hurt due to weather friday. Rush hour sure was early Friday - getting out to Kanata was a challenge.

CP/Ottawa game was tight one. Not a lot of of scoring chances for either team.

Nepean out shot and our chanced SF in the second game. SF goaltending was the difference. Manicia and Byron both left the game in second with injuries meaning SF has lost their entire top line. SF managed to hang on for the win.

While I admit I did not see the game, Ottawa's win over SF was not that impressive. Without Mancia and Byron, the Bears are not the same team. SF PP has been deadly - and it looks like they were Oh-fer on Saturday with many chances.

I think the Raiders are a better team than Ottawa. They each have some stand out players, but I think Nepean will have the advantage with more depth, experience behind the bench and much stronger goaltending.

Old
12-24-2012, 01:13 PM
CanadiansGuy60

I have been reading this feed for a while now and feel that the CP Canadians need some representation on here. There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for my team.

I attend most of the Canadians home games and I consider myself somewhat hockey knowledgable, so I thought I would add to the forum when it seems appropriate.

I am a big twitter guy and follow all the CCHL teams feeds to keep up to date on the leagues coming and goings and found an interesting bit of banter on the CP twitter feed today. I know that young Charlie Millen played for a brief period with the team a few years back, but based on what I was reading there must be some bad blood between the elder Millen and someone on the team.

Can anyone with knowledge fill me in on what that might be? Seemed to centre around the current tender Brendan O'neil's numbers...which in my opinion have been great since he has been here. Best goalie we have had there since I have been watching and that includes Yetman and Barrick last year. You might have to go back to year one with Shakell in the nets to remember goaltending this steady.

So can anyone enlighten me on the Millen/team issues? Check out the twitter feed to see what I am talking about.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Go CP!

Old
12-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Macker9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiansGuy60 View Post
I have been reading this feed for a while now and feel that the CP Canadians need some representation on here. There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for my team.

I attend most of the Canadians home games and I consider myself somewhat hockey knowledgable, so I thought I would add to the forum when it seems appropriate.

I am a big twitter guy and follow all the CCHL teams feeds to keep up to date on the leagues coming and goings and found an interesting bit of banter on the CP twitter feed today. I know that young Charlie Millen played for a brief period with the team a few years back, but based on what I was reading there must be some bad blood between the elder Millen and someone on the team.

Can anyone with knowledge fill me in on what that might be? Seemed to centre around the current tender Brendan O'neil's numbers...which in my opinion have been great since he has been here. Best goalie we have had there since I have been watching and that includes Yetman and Barrick last year. You might have to go back to year one with Shakell in the nets to remember goaltending this steady.

So can anyone enlighten me on the Millen/team issues? Check out the twitter feed to see what I am talking about.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Go CP!
Probably was the coach he didn't get along with, Clarke has been known to be really tough on goalies

Old
12-25-2012, 01:57 PM
CoasttoCoast

, Ottawa's win over SF was not that impressive. Without Mancia and Byron, the Bears are not the same team. SF PP has been deadly - and it looks like they were Oh-fer on Saturday with many chances.

I think the Raiders are a better team than Ottawa. They each have some stand out players, but I think Nepean will have the advantage with more depth, experience behind the bench and much stronger goaltending.[/QUOTE]

I'm a Nepean supporter....but we have to stop living in the past, this is not last years team. We are 0 & 3 against Ottawa, how can we be better then them? It doesn't matter what we think we have on paper, it matters what we have on the ice. I'm hoping we get Norris back at 100% and everyone stays healthy and we add a key body or two.....but I'm living in the present.

Old
12-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macker9 View Post
Probably was the coach he didn't get along with, Clarke has been known to be really tough on goalies
ALL his coaches - - look at his history.

Having stated this - good for him. Looks like he has found a home in his final year of Jr. eligibility.

Good luck to Team Yzerman and Robinson in the All-Star challenge cup tommorrow and over the next few days!

Old
12-28-2012, 06:59 AM
HockeyFan67

Does anybody know why Holden Anderson is playing on the CCHL Yzerman squad and not the Robinson squad where he should be?

Is he even eligible to do that?

Closed Thread